November 29, 2014 | 1701 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

From Clinique.com: "Concentrated foamy cream-mousse cleanser for average skins. Removes lasting wear makeup quickly, gently, efficiently. ... Follow with 3-Step Skin Care System." Clinique's Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser (ROFC) is meant as a makeup remover; it is NOT a cleanser in the regular sense of the word. This product is meant to remove your makeup, and then you're supposed to use an actual facial cleanser after it.

After using up a GWP size of this, I can absolutely say that I prefer Clinique's Foaming Mousse Cleanser (FMC). ROFC is concentrated, but it feel heavier on the skin versus FMC, and I had to use less FMC to clean my face versus ROFC. ROFC also stings your eyes more if you accidentally get it in there (you're supposed to avoid your eye area with it so use a separate eye makeup remover), and it feels like it leaves a squeaky film on the skin. It doesn't feel like my face is squeaky clean, it just feels oddly filmy and slick. I wouldn't purchase ROFC, if I needed a Clinique product, but I would purchase FMC. FMC seems more geared towards regular makeup and dirt, while ROFC seems more for "lasting wear makeup." If you wear a foundation that takes a while to remove, this might be a product for you to look into. But I'll stick with FMC because I don't like the filmy feeling I get when using ROFC. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by swim

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is wonderful for dry skin. Only use a tiny amount-pea size or less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely general all purpose cleanser. Foams like wild so you only need a little dab. I like it most as it rinses really clean and my skin doesn't feel tight or dried out. I do notice it doesn't remove makeup so I remove with a makeup towelette before washing. Voila.. clean skin.. no irritation in the eyes or on my skin. Works really really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Kittensworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser about 2 weeks ago and it seems to be working. I've noticed less breakouts and my skin feels super clean after washing. I follow with Clinique Step 2 Toner and Dramatically Different Moisturizer. Although it's a little more expensive than most other face washes ($19), all you need is a pea-size drop and it foams up nicely. Be careful not to get it in your eyes though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 5:02:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

I agree with the reviewer below.I bought this cleanser/makeup remover almost a year ago and i still have yet to finish it.I find that it dries out my skin after i wash with it and makes it too squeaky clean.I now use it to clean my brushes instead.Its pretty much like an ordinary facial foam,only more expensive and strips the oils on your face.Not recommended.:-(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser is a mainstay of their Bonus gift selections. I am glad that this is the case because I would never buy a full size of this product! I only keep this for travel purposes only!
This is supposed to be a makeup remover but somehow it seems to be a very harsh cleanser instead. After foaming up, lathering my face and rinsing, my hands seem sticky and my face feels tight and not that particularly clean! I still have mascara residue believe it or not! I use a small amount because this stuff foams like crazy. Nah, I will stick to my tried and true DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and DHC Mild Soap, thank you! Maybe I will give the tube away as a freebie in the ladies wash room next time!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by westwoodbarbie

I received this cleanser as a GWP (after buying my supermoisture foundation which I can't say enough good things about). I usually really trust Clinique to be very gentle on my dry skin but this was just too harsh. I have no doubts that it removed all traces of the makeup on my skin because my face feels so dry after using it it's almost painful, I cringe to even imagine following it with another cleanser.

Clinique makes a foam version of this cleanser which is supposed to be much gentler but I haven't tried it yet.

My other huge concern: I was really hoping that it would do well on removing my eye makeup (which I don't think I recommend considering how drying it is) but it didn't do very well on that it all - left tons of mascara all over my eyes (and it wasn't even the waterproof mascara). My HG makeup remover is still the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - it removes all traces of makeup, including absolutely all eye makeup, and leaves my skin feeling great, I highly recommend it over this drying Clinique cleanser.

The pro - this is the reason for 2 lippies instead of 1. If this cleanser does suit your skin, a tiny bit goes a long way. Just about a dollop the size of 1/2 a pea will lather up to cleanse your whole face, this stuff will last you forever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I received a sample of this in a GWP and decided to give it a try for my combination-oily, sensitive skin. The first thing I noticed that when i rinsed it off, my skin squeeked - literally!
Then, a couple of days after I started using it, the skin on the end of my nose and on my upper lip became very rough and dry. I discontinued it for a few days, during which the problem went away, then tried it again - and sure enough, my nose and upper lip again became dry, flaky and bumpy.
Whatever is in this cleanser is not meant for sensitive skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by jenf77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about 3 weeks after getting it as a GWP, and I really like it. I don't follow it with any other cleanser as some reviewers have mentioned. It isn't that drying to my dry skin on its own, but I think following it with another cleanser would probably be a horrible disaster. I do have to use moisturizer afterwards, but I have to do that with everything else anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ceveste

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a GWP. I used this as a cleanser (rather than a make-up remover according to the Clinique SA) and it foams and lather well. My face felt clean and wasn't tight.