Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 5/8/2009 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG of eyeliners!! I love how easy it is to put on, then if I make a mistake, how easy it is to take off. I rarely have problems with it peeling. I leave the house with a full face of makeup at 6am and do not get back home til 7pm and this lasts the whole day. I feel naked without this amazing eyeliner!! Highly recommend~!

on 4/29/2009 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

-Very pigmented-shiny black look instead of flat black

-Does not smear.

- Sooo easy to wash off. Number 1 thing I love about this product! Other liners ive tried spread outwards when cleaning!! >O Leaving residue all around my eyes I then have to clean. This liner wilI not smear around your face nor get in your eyes. It will flake off with the help of tissue and any other eye makeup remover you use. Simple application, simple removal.

-This product is waterproof and I have successfully swam with it. Ive rubbed my eyes with it and still wont budge! The main point: *the longer you wear it the less hold it will have* It still works! :)

-Spending the night out and waking up with it, yea it will begin to flake. staying power is limited.

-The main annoying thing about this product is after a while it begins to clump around the applicator. Its seems ALOT of the eyeliner gunks up around it, so you have to peel it away.

-Also its better to apply BEFORE mascara application. If some liner gets on the lashes, be assured you've already chosen your fate for spider lashes.

-If allowed to dry on lashes it will be fairly hard to remove.

-Reapplying after it has dried is a mistake you will regret. It will crack in those area oddly enough and flake off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This one is terrible. It PEELS. How weird is that? I applied it this afternoon, and later it started peeeling off. I've never had that happen before. Not worth it, even if it's fairly cheap.

This stuff came free as a bonus when I bought Lash Stiletto and it's HORRIBLE! I tried it and words can't explain how bad it is! It basically looks like a shiny piece of tape over your eye and it flakes and peels off. Plus it smells strong. Eww.

on 4/12/2009 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This Is my favorite Liquid liner. Actually it's safe to say it's the only liner i use. I've never been a Pencil girl. Liquid has always been my way. It's perfect for the cat eye look. Ultra Thin line to thick and massive. I don't know what's everyone's beef with this product is. I guess when you're use to the Liquid liners it's easier to use. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! it's waterproof ability is awesome. if you have ultra ultra oily lids be sure to matte them up before a long day of wear on this product.

on 4/11/2009 6:00:00 PM

I'm not really digging this liner. When it dries it's very glossy. It starts peeling after a few hours and you end up with black rubbery spots on your face. . What's the point in being waterproof? I thought the applicator was okay. I was able to make a pretty straight line. Overall, I would not repurchase.

i hate this eyeliner. the brush is horrible and makes it impossible to draw a thin line. it doesn't last long and starts to peel off so it looks weird. the texture is weird, it's sticky almost. the only good thing about it is that it's very pigmented. i don't know why they call it waterproof because it wears off really fast

on 4/2/2009 7:34:00 PM

I like this eyeliner because the color comes out really black. i don't need to pile it on but the problem is that it flakes on me. especially the inner corner and outer corner of my eyes, the liner will flake and just fall off by noon.

on 4/2/2009 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is the first liquid liner I ever tried. I bought this specific brand because one of my friends ALWAYS used liquid liner and I really liked the applicator (felt) - so easy to use. I thought this stuff was the same so I bought it in black. When I opened it I was disappointed, first because the applicator is a thin brush that is really hard to use on the upper lid (I always get it all over my eyelashes), and second because it was gray. I used it a couple of times and gave up.
Than a while later my sister got the same stuff, didn't like it, and gave it to me. This time the color of the eyeliner was actually black (even though the packaging was identical and they were both labeled as black)... maybe mine was expired or something?
I never used it. I gave it to a friend who really loves liquid liner.

What I dislike about this stuff is the fact that it really is like latex, and any amount of liquid or rubbing makes the stuff come off... so you end up with black chunks of weird rubbery stuff on your face and gaps in the line. Also, you cannot touch up the liner once it gets messed up; instead you have to peel or wash it off and start over. Reapplying or touching it up makes it come off even more, or it just looks gross and crusty.

Update: I have changed my mind about this product since trying a couple of other ones. This one is really easy to apply and the brush is great, but it does not stay on very well. I still have a tube of it and will try wearing it again one of these days as it seems that it performs better than the others. I am not entirely sure at this point... I will have to give it another shot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HG eyeliner! I wear winged eyeliner every day, and I'm pretty good at doing it. I started off with liners like Revlon, but I found it smudged at the outside corners of my eyes at the end of the day. (Overall, it was good, but for the clean look I was going for, corner smudging is not acceptable for me.) I've tried so many d/s liquid liners, and since I use so much liquid liner, I've decided to stick to d/s because I go through it too quickly and my college budget doesn't allow me to go h/e for something I use up in a month. With that said, I love this product because there is SO MUCH PRODUCT, I've been using it for two months and it's still going (unlike Revlon, which I used up in two months, and L'Oreal Lineur Intense, which I used up in a month). I also like the brush, but I can see how people don't like it -- it's kindof hard to control and flays if you don't know what you're doing. But since I've been doing cat-eyes for a while, I'm pretty good with any brush you give me, so this really isn't an issue with me. What I absolutely love about this is how well it stays; this liner does NOT budge or smudge. It's kindof got a shiny, glue-like texture (you know how you can peel glue off your hand if you leave it there, and it's just shiny and latex-like? It's like that), and while that was somewhat of an issue at first, it really helps to keep it stay clean. I've worn this to the beach in the ocean, worn it swimming (I didn't do any intense swimming, but I definitely did a lot of dives and underwater head dunking without any goggles) and this eyeliner mostly stayed on, no smudge-y mess. It'll flake off a tiny bit, but to me, that is so much better than having raccoon eyes because the flakes are super easy to clean off and definitely don't leave a tired mess like other liners. This also doesn't peel on me, like other people said, but I use TFSI prior and I don't have oily eyelids. I never really have to reapply this throughout the day if it's a normal school day.

Also, be sure not to apply too much -- because it has that latex-like texture, it can get kindof rubbery and chunky if you put too much on, and then it can start cracking.

And after reading other reviews, really guys? Why would you rub your eyes when wearing this? Why would you rub your eyes wearing ANY eye make up? That is just an absolute no-no when you're wearing anything on your eyes, so I think it's kindof absurd to complain about this eyeliner peeling off when you rub your eyes because everything will peel and smudge and disappear after you're rubbing your eyes. It's a given.