October 26, 2014 | 1163 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the first liquid liner I ever tried. I bought this specific brand because one of my friends ALWAYS used liquid liner and I really liked the applicator (felt) - so easy to use. I thought this stuff was the same so I bought it in black. When I opened it I was disappointed, first because the applicator is a thin brush that is really hard to use on the upper lid (I always get it all over my eyelashes), and second because it was gray. I used it a couple of times and gave up.
Than a while later my sister got the same stuff, didn't like it, and gave it to me. This time the color of the eyeliner was actually black (even though the packaging was identical and they were both labeled as black)... maybe mine was expired or something?
I never used it. I gave it to a friend who really loves liquid liner.

What I dislike about this stuff is the fact that it really is like latex, and any amount of liquid or rubbing makes the stuff come off... so you end up with black chunks of weird rubbery stuff on your face and gaps in the line. Also, you cannot touch up the liner once it gets messed up; instead you have to peel or wash it off and start over. Reapplying or touching it up makes it come off even more, or it just looks gross and crusty.

Update: I have changed my mind about this product since trying a couple of other ones. This one is really easy to apply and the brush is great, but it does not stay on very well. I still have a tube of it and will try wearing it again one of these days as it seems that it performs better than the others. I am not entirely sure at this point... I will have to give it another shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by edgarallanho

HG eyeliner! I wear winged eyeliner every day, and I'm pretty good at doing it. I started off with liners like Revlon, but I found it smudged at the outside corners of my eyes at the end of the day. (Overall, it was good, but for the clean look I was going for, corner smudging is not acceptable for me.) I've tried so many d/s liquid liners, and since I use so much liquid liner, I've decided to stick to d/s because I go through it too quickly and my college budget doesn't allow me to go h/e for something I use up in a month. With that said, I love this product because there is SO MUCH PRODUCT, I've been using it for two months and it's still going (unlike Revlon, which I used up in two months, and L'Oreal Lineur Intense, which I used up in a month). I also like the brush, but I can see how people don't like it -- it's kindof hard to control and flays if you don't know what you're doing. But since I've been doing cat-eyes for a while, I'm pretty good with any brush you give me, so this really isn't an issue with me. What I absolutely love about this is how well it stays; this liner does NOT budge or smudge. It's kindof got a shiny, glue-like texture (you know how you can peel glue off your hand if you leave it there, and it's just shiny and latex-like? It's like that), and while that was somewhat of an issue at first, it really helps to keep it stay clean. I've worn this to the beach in the ocean, worn it swimming (I didn't do any intense swimming, but I definitely did a lot of dives and underwater head dunking without any goggles) and this eyeliner mostly stayed on, no smudge-y mess. It'll flake off a tiny bit, but to me, that is so much better than having raccoon eyes because the flakes are super easy to clean off and definitely don't leave a tired mess like other liners. This also doesn't peel on me, like other people said, but I use TFSI prior and I don't have oily eyelids. I never really have to reapply this throughout the day if it's a normal school day.

Also, be sure not to apply too much -- because it has that latex-like texture, it can get kindof rubbery and chunky if you put too much on, and then it can start cracking.

And after reading other reviews, really guys? Why would you rub your eyes when wearing this? Why would you rub your eyes wearing ANY eye make up? That is just an absolute no-no when you're wearing anything on your eyes, so I think it's kindof absurd to complain about this eyeliner peeling off when you rub your eyes because everything will peel and smudge and disappear after you're rubbing your eyes. It's a given.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i LOVE this eyeliner. i think it has a lower rating than it deserves b/c the brush makes it pretty difficult for beginning liquid eyeliner users.
however, ppl say it flakes/chips if u rub it or cry (which it does) but i much rather prefer it flakes off then i can just remove it all myself then to have it smear and give me panda eyes like every other eyeliner does. but that only happens if i cry or touch it, other wise it lasts all day for me. i think it flakes more for other ppl since they're not good w/ liq so they keep having to fix the line and therefore pack it on too much.

if liq is too hard for u try almay's eyeliner crayon.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Dianasawrr

This was my first liquid eyeliner, and I feel like the need to be loyal towards it because it was one of my first HG item. However, I don't use this particular liner anymore just because I don't use liquid liners in general. I'm a fan of eyeliner pencils since it's just easier to use. This liquid liner was also pretty easy to apply, and creates a really nice wing. Though, it gets messy some times since it's liquid. I actually do prefer the brush applicators to the pens (like the Prestige liquid liner), probably just because I'm more used to it. The liner also dries fairly quickly, but it does have the tendency to flake. You have to reapply it a couple times throughout the day. I give it about 3 lippies

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a hard liner to control for beginners. I like to use this because i can draw very fine thin lines. But if i am in a rush, its hard to make straight lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by tulsanurse1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am always buying liners but I always come back to this one. It has great staying power and the applicator is the best I've found so far. Another thing I like about it is that it's so easy to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by jayang

My friend and I have used this product for years and nothing beats it. I've tried just about everything out there, from other cheap drugstore brands to expensive luxury ones. I always come back to this. My eyelids are so oily almost nothing stays on and everything causes raccoon eyes. Except this. It doesn't budge. I'm surprised by the reviews that say it flakes because the only time that's ever happened is when I get drunk and pass out without washing my face and even then it usually stays on!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by malevolentxmasqueradex11

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

...Draws a pretty thick line, but that's okay for me. It has a very shiny, vinyl looking finish, and can wrinkle with the natural folds of your eyelid if you aren't careful during application. Still, all-in-all, it's a nice liquid liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Elenababy13

This liner is so good only if your wearing it for a little while. after a few hours it will chip or seperate and then chip. and if you try to fix it by going over it it will turn out looking really chunky. Im sticking to my Revlon Colorstay.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by dexatek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an eyeliner that you would need some time of practice to get the right application, which I think many liquid eyeliners fall in the same problem because the different type of brush each of them uses. My problem with this product it is that once applied it looks like a piece of black tape in your eyes, somehow shiny and plastic looking. It would last and stay put long if you don't touch at all your face in your eye area, however if for some reason you do, the eyeline could fall apart in tiny little pieces so you would have a gap there.
Bottom line: affordable, will last if you are not involve in a very active activity or get in contact with your eyes area, vinyl looking finish. I wouldn't buy it again
Tip: For easier application use another eyeliner brush.