October 25, 2014 | 1610 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lindsaylapoet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation has thoroughly impressed me, and foundations never seem to impress me because I'm picky. I want a foundation that will cover flaws, but still let my natural radiance shine through (in other words, I don't want to look like I'm wearing a mask). I think I've finally found it. I apply this dry after lightly moisturizing my face. Then I dampen the sponge and apply again over areas that need a tad bit more coverage, like around my nose where there is redness. Applied this way, the foundation is amazing......it looks like my skin is airbrushed, and honestly, you can't tell I'm wearing makeup.People tell me my skin looks baby soft. Another bonus is that it really holds the rest of your makeup on all day long. I've always loved cream blushes for the dewiness factor, but they never seemed to last long because of my oily skin. Blush just adheres beautifully to this product. I use it under my eyeshadow and the shadow never creases, and over my lipliner before gloss ( the liner never bleeds this way). This product is a dream!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2006 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this in Cappucino (sp?) at Sally's recently. It was marked down 50%. Was concerned about the color choice as I fall somewhere between this shade and the next lightest, but, decided to take a gamble because it was so cheap. If I sheer this out, it gives me lovely, poreless coverage. I had been using L'oreal Minerals and this is so much nicer looking that the Minerals. I intend to go back to Sally's and buy up the rest of the stock. (LOL)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by heathernicole27

I have used this product for four years, sometimes as a foundation and sometimes just as a touchup for other face makeup. I really really love this product. It makes my skin smooth and covers up redness. I will definitely continue to repurchase this powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2006 2:51:00 PM More reviews by pillowbear

I have used Palladio wet/dry foundation for the past month (thanks to the reviews here). So far I got nothing but raves for this product. I use it in conjunction with Palladio rice powder, and sometimes I also use Palladio sheer liquid foundation – when I need really good coverage. I have the worst complexion - very very very oily, acne prone with huge pores and rough texture – and so far foundations never been my cup of tea. This past year I’ve been trying different MMU and found a couple of brands that work fine, until I tried Palladio. My face is the kind of getting oily after 30 mins of washing it. I used to have to blot a lot of time during the day, and my blot paper always full of oil – sometimes I need to use 2! (I use Clean&Clear or Gatsby – both similar texture: blue thin film). With Palladio, I don’t have that problem anymore! I just need to blot one time a day (sometimes 2 times, around noon and at the end of the day – but that’s max). The only ‘oily part’ that I can see is my nose and that doesn’t even show really oily – much less than it used to be. When I blot, I only need to use one tissue paper and it’s not soaked with oil! I’ve been using the wet/dry foundation as a wet foundation (haven’t try it dry – coz the wet version works so great!). My regime usually apply my Sage SPF25, put the foundation, then apply the rice powder with my Versace powder brush. I re-apply a tiny bit of the rice powder on my nose using a flocked sponge. Coverage is really good! But when I need a stubborn blemish that I need to cover, I would dab the Palladio sheer liquid foundation on it, prior to the wet/dry foundation and it covers great! I’m an AAB with tan/olive complexion, and I use Everlasting shade (404) for the wet/dry foundation and Honey for the liquid foundation and they’re both a perfect match! (I use the beige rice powder) So happy that I found these gems! No breakouts whatsoever! They're available at Sally's and priced dirt cheap! Will definitely repurchase again & again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by dayana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have supersensitive combination skin and this foundation have excellent coverage and never broke out me (I used for almost two years), the oil control is not the best whe used dry but when I damp the sponge I have the personal feeling that I "washing out" the sunscreen! Maybe I'm too obsesive but well...I'm still searching

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2006 11:36:00 PM More reviews by 1sohappy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. My skin is dry but this isn't drying. Doesn't show up my large pores or settle into lines. I put it on with a brush, not the sponge. Very pretty and good coverage but looks natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2006 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Mom2CM3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes my skin look dry and dull. I tried it wet and it seemed worse. I was disappointed because I was drawn to the fact that it was an herbal foundation. Oh well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 7:52:00 AM More reviews by cosmetiholic

Bought this as an alternative to MAC Studiofix and utterly hated it. Super unnatural looking, cakey and dry. Oh, and if you apply it wet, it is an utter nightmare. I wouldn't reccommend this to my worst enemy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Sally,s about a year ago and initially thought it was great but then i started having problems with very dry skin so i stopped using it, recently my skin improved and i started using this in ivory myrrh over my bobbi brown foundation with great results. I will continue to use. I apply with a kabuki brush and the result is good, natural coverage. The ivory myrrh is a good match and so far no dryness. I will update if i have any issues but its been about a month and i have been very impressed with how it looks. I use it daily.
Update:started using everyday mineral makeup and am in love with it so again pallaido is renegaded to the closet. I still like palladio and would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Breezie17

Love this foundation - but I use it more as a setting powder. I am a makeup junkie so I vary my foundations - but I always come back to using the Wet/Dry foundation over the rest. It has a nice non-shiny look, holds up well for most of the year (exception: Summer time in WI so need to use oil blotter sheets) and lasts a good while. I use the sponge and "press" it into my skin because I notice this works better for setting for me. My only complaint is the color selection. I use Laurel Nude and get it from Sally's. The Laurel Nude in Wisconsin is darker than the Laurel Nude I picked up in Arizona this Christmas. I stocked up with four of them since it was more true to my pale complexion. I had been using lighter foundation with this over it to counteract the darkness of their lightest color. Now I don't have to do that. I will continue to purchase this as long as I can get the lightest version of their Laurel Nude.