September 16, 2014 | 1588 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by heathernicole27

I have used this product for four years, sometimes as a foundation and sometimes just as a touchup for other face makeup. I really really love this product. It makes my skin smooth and covers up redness. I will definitely continue to repurchase this powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2006 2:51:00 PM More reviews by pillowbear

I have used Palladio wet/dry foundation for the past month (thanks to the reviews here). So far I got nothing but raves for this product. I use it in conjunction with Palladio rice powder, and sometimes I also use Palladio sheer liquid foundation – when I need really good coverage. I have the worst complexion - very very very oily, acne prone with huge pores and rough texture – and so far foundations never been my cup of tea. This past year I’ve been trying different MMU and found a couple of brands that work fine, until I tried Palladio. My face is the kind of getting oily after 30 mins of washing it. I used to have to blot a lot of time during the day, and my blot paper always full of oil – sometimes I need to use 2! (I use Clean&Clear or Gatsby – both similar texture: blue thin film). With Palladio, I don’t have that problem anymore! I just need to blot one time a day (sometimes 2 times, around noon and at the end of the day – but that’s max). The only ‘oily part’ that I can see is my nose and that doesn’t even show really oily – much less than it used to be. When I blot, I only need to use one tissue paper and it’s not soaked with oil! I’ve been using the wet/dry foundation as a wet foundation (haven’t try it dry – coz the wet version works so great!). My regime usually apply my Sage SPF25, put the foundation, then apply the rice powder with my Versace powder brush. I re-apply a tiny bit of the rice powder on my nose using a flocked sponge. Coverage is really good! But when I need a stubborn blemish that I need to cover, I would dab the Palladio sheer liquid foundation on it, prior to the wet/dry foundation and it covers great! I’m an AAB with tan/olive complexion, and I use Everlasting shade (404) for the wet/dry foundation and Honey for the liquid foundation and they’re both a perfect match! (I use the beige rice powder) So happy that I found these gems! No breakouts whatsoever! They're available at Sally's and priced dirt cheap! Will definitely repurchase again & again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by dayana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have supersensitive combination skin and this foundation have excellent coverage and never broke out me (I used for almost two years), the oil control is not the best whe used dry but when I damp the sponge I have the personal feeling that I "washing out" the sunscreen! Maybe I'm too obsesive but well...I'm still searching

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2006 11:36:00 PM More reviews by 1sohappy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. My skin is dry but this isn't drying. Doesn't show up my large pores or settle into lines. I put it on with a brush, not the sponge. Very pretty and good coverage but looks natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2006 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Mom2CM3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes my skin look dry and dull. I tried it wet and it seemed worse. I was disappointed because I was drawn to the fact that it was an herbal foundation. Oh well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 7:52:00 AM More reviews by cosmetiholic

Bought this as an alternative to MAC Studiofix and utterly hated it. Super unnatural looking, cakey and dry. Oh, and if you apply it wet, it is an utter nightmare. I wouldn't reccommend this to my worst enemy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Sally,s about a year ago and initially thought it was great but then i started having problems with very dry skin so i stopped using it, recently my skin improved and i started using this in ivory myrrh over my bobbi brown foundation with great results. I will continue to use. I apply with a kabuki brush and the result is good, natural coverage. The ivory myrrh is a good match and so far no dryness. I will update if i have any issues but its been about a month and i have been very impressed with how it looks. I use it daily.
Update:started using everyday mineral makeup and am in love with it so again pallaido is renegaded to the closet. I still like palladio and would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Breezie17

Love this foundation - but I use it more as a setting powder. I am a makeup junkie so I vary my foundations - but I always come back to using the Wet/Dry foundation over the rest. It has a nice non-shiny look, holds up well for most of the year (exception: Summer time in WI so need to use oil blotter sheets) and lasts a good while. I use the sponge and "press" it into my skin because I notice this works better for setting for me. My only complaint is the color selection. I use Laurel Nude and get it from Sally's. The Laurel Nude in Wisconsin is darker than the Laurel Nude I picked up in Arizona this Christmas. I stocked up with four of them since it was more true to my pale complexion. I had been using lighter foundation with this over it to counteract the darkness of their lightest color. Now I don't have to do that. I will continue to purchase this as long as I can get the lightest version of their Laurel Nude.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by starlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my absolute holy grail of foundations/powders. I have used this product for about 2 years now. I have tried Stila, MAC, Clinique, and lots of drugstore brands, but this is absolutely IT. I was originally searching for a replacement for my beloved and discontinued Oil of Olay Complete Radiance powder foundation. The Palladio foundation has been an outstanding substitute. It applies like silk, feels absolutely weightless (unlike every other powder/powder foundation I've used), and evens out imperfections/blotchy skin. I also apply concealer under it. I have to reapply several times during the day, but I don't mind b/c it looks and feels so perfect. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin since using this; people actually think I have perfect skin, even when I have breakouts/redness! (Inside, I secretly laugh as I think about how wonderful the powder is.) If I'm looking for EXTRA long-lasting coverage, such as when I'm going out at night, I might dust a loose powder over it.

The only problem I've had with it is that SOMETIMES, when I have flaky skin, it will emphasize the flakies. However, this is a problem I've had with all powders. What I do in that situation is just apply a good AHA moisturizer (like Alpha Hydrox's) at night, and by next day, the flakies are banished.

If this were ever to be discontinued, I would probably stockpile about 50 extra compacts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by lizzyd220

I was looking for a finishing powder that has a decent coverage to it. This stuff has totally met my expectations. I use it dry over top my max factor pan stick foundation. It sets my foundation and pumps up the coverage without looking cakey. I apply lightly with a powder brush, not with the sponge that it comes with. The color works for my skin, although I do understand why people are having issues with the color selection. They are a bit orangey, but it neutralizes on my skin. Maybe lightly using a powder brush helps with the orange (?). Got it at Sally's for a very reasonable price. The compact is fabulous. It has a separate compartment under the powder for the sponge, not that I use the sponge anyway... I have ultra sensitive skin, slightly dry... works great and I will repurchase!