Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 7/25/2012 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin, especially in the t-zone, and all foundations I have tried in the past melted off my face after a few hours. But when I read so many great reviews of this I finally decided to buy it, I have been looking for a long time for a foundation that matches my oily shiny skin.

The price is a little too expensive, but you get what you pay for obviously. I got a sample when I bought it so I could try it before deciding to keep it. And I was blown away! Never have my face looked so flawless. All my big pores, acne scars, dark circles and blotches disappeared and my face stayed matte all day long. I am very happy with this. The coverage is high so I don't have to worry about how I look during the day. I know it looks great all day and I'm very satisfied.

Apply this fairly quickly or it will dry, using a brush or fingers, I use a brush. Don't use it if you have very dry skin. Moisturize your face well before applying. I also apply a blothing powder from Swedish brand Make Up Store in the t-zone after the foundation.

on 7/24/2012 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this product for years, overall it is a good product that I have gone back to time and time again.
Positives: good coverage for covering blemishes, good range of colours, doesn't oxidise too much, blendable, doesn't dry too quickly, spf, good for sensitive skin
Negatives: would be better with a pump, rarely lasts all day on my oily skin, can feel heavy and look cakey at times
But overall there is a reason that I keep going back to it, it is a really good coverage, making my skin look initially flawless. After 2-3 hours the oil starts to come through, even when wearing oil absorbing powder. This can be tamed with more powder touch ups throughout the day.
Basically, good for coverage, not so good for lasting all day on oily skin.

on 7/23/2012 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This my HG foundation. It's matte, it has got really good coverage and it does not get shiney or cakey. Makes my skin look absolutely flawless and 'elegant'. Stays put all day even when it's extremely hot and/or damp.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have been a loyal user of Estee Lauder Double Wear for 3 years now. I try other foundations but I tend to keep coming back to this one. This foundation provides full, flawless coverage. It is great for people with acne prone or oily skin as it doesn’t become shiny, even after hours at the gym. The product goes a long way. I only need a new one every six months and I wear make-up every day. I do still use a concealer and a powder to set, of you already have pretty good skin you probably wouldn’t need to. Their colour selection is good and the Estee Lauder ladies are normally really helpful. They even give you a generous tube to trial! I would definitely recommend this for a full flawless coverage!

on 7/21/2012 1:02:00 AM

I felt compelled to write a review for Double Wear as I have finally found a foundation that is perfect for me. After years of searching and trying many many brands I am happy to say my search is over for my HG foundation.
I went to David Jones to get colour matched to ensure I got the right colour for my skin. The coverage is medium but you can add another coat to have fuller coverage. My skin looks so clear and fresh with double wear and looks just as good outside as inside. I purchased the double wear power as well which I love as well.
I paid $68 at David Jones but now i know my colour I can get it cheaper online. Still worth the $68 though. Its roughly only $10 more expensive than Napoleon Perdis (which in my opinion is the most overated make up) and completley worth it.

on 7/20/2012 2:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My mom use this foundation since 3/4 years.. I run out of my foundation so I was sneaky using her foundation haha. The only bummer is that it doesn't have a pump.. It's very a very covering foundation, sometimes too heavy but you must like it actually.
The best foundation for full coverage and the best of all after using this you don't have to use any concealer because of the great coverage this foundation gives you!

Highly recommend, I would buy this over and over again.

on 7/20/2012 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm only 17 and I have the worst acne ever, including active breakouts, horrible breakouts and holes. So for the past few years I've been looking for my HG foundation and a few months ago I took this into consideration little did I know that it would be the worst decision ever.
The first time I went to the counter, the lady matched to Tawny so I went home with a sample and used it for 2 days and it broke me out a bit but I didn't think it was the foundation because I had seen so many great reviews on this. But I discovered that it was too light for me so I went back to another counter and asked for a shade darker and they gave me Shell Beige.
I used Shell Beige for a week and it completely ripped my skin apart and the weird part is I don't even have sensitive skin. My skin was so horrible, I would cry. It didn't even last as long as it said it would.
It was so heavy yet it would barely cover anything and it would look so white.
I really do not understand why this foundation has so many great reviews. I've almost tried every single drugstore foundation and quite a few of high end foundations, yet this is the WORST.
Also, I have never written a review before but I just wanted to put this out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this foundation.
I was dubious about buying my first heavy coverage foundation but my skin needs this amount of coverage to look good! I was worried about the 'mask' feeling of a heavy foundation but it doesn't make my skin feel clogged. It creates a matte and blemish-free finish. I use a powder to hold it in place and contour with blusher/bronzer.

I can't see myself finding another foundation that does as much as this. Even with the full-on coverage, it doesn't cause break-outs/exacerbate current blemishes. It also glides on with no patches, it blends in and creates a flawless finish. My HG foundation... finally!

My ONE hang-up about this product is that it could really do with coming with a pump distributor.

on 7/15/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was looking for an alternative foundation to my MUFE HD. I have a very fair skin tone and find that some of my favorite brands (Dior, Guerlain, & Chanel) do not carry foundations that match my skintone. Which is how I ended up with my MUFE HD - it offers a lot of color options. While MUFE HD does the job of a foundation well, I wouldn't label it my HG foundation, which is why I'm always on the lookout for different ones.

The EL Double Wear:
Pros
- Lasts a long time
- Color matches my very fair skintone (I'm the color "shell")

Cons
- VERY DRYING!!!!! That was and is my biggest concern and dislike when it comes to this foundation. I have very sensitive and somewhat dry skin and this foundation irritates it by the end of the day.
- I also found that it did not blend as easily as my MUFE HD. As a result, it can be cakey sometimes if you do not blend it enough and well. In my experience, it required more blending than the MUFE HD.

Verdict: Does not work well for my sensitive skin because it's too drying. Will NOT repurchase.

on 7/14/2012 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in wheat. Very blendable, but dries kinda quick. The coverage is sheer to medium, you can layer it to achieve the look you want. The finish is natural matte, not dead matte. This has the best staying power. I wear it in heat, sun, horrible climate and under sweat, extreme conditions, after 4 hours, no shine, nothing, that was amazing. Even you don´t need retouch, or only a little bit of powder, but not redone all makeup. No breakouts and it lasts. Could show dry patches, so be sure to moisturize well.