October 31, 2014 | 892 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2003 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

For the most part, my hair does not respond to any products I put in it--it remains the same quite wavy, thick, and frizzy/poufy hair as always. And then I bought this serum, which I now call my Miracle Product. This cheap-o serum ($6 at Target, for 3.4 oz) has smoothed out my hair and significantly reduces frizz (altho not 100%), and doesn't leave my hair greasy or piece-y. But what makes this product so great for me personally is that, when I apply 3 pumps to soaking wet hair, then spray on L'Oreal's Pumping Curls, and blow dry my hair, I get soft, smoothed-out waves--much, much looser than the almost curly waves I have naturally. And having soft, loose waves have been my goal since forever. My wavy hair doesn't wind up stringy or frizzy (which is the usual case).

This is the only hair product that I would stockpile--and I have never, ever wanted to stockpile a product before. This is just a wonderful product that leaves me with ultra soft, smooth, and very loose waves. I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2003 8:02:00 AM More reviews by SuZen

Love the orange pump bottle! This is more liquid than, say, Citre Shine serum or Frizz-Eze, so it is less sticky and weighs hair down less. And it's a reasonable price, how can you beat it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 2:34:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fabulous. I think I may have just found a bargain-basement replacement for my pricey Aveda Brilliant Purefume Emollient. I was also using the serum by Jean-Marc Maniatis from ccbparis, but this serum is a lighter consistency, wonderful for even baby fine hair. Doesn't goop up the hair and leave it piecey and greasy. Just smooths the entire length and leaves a great gloss.

If you curl your hair with rollers, run a bit of this through the curls with your fingers after brushing to gt that wonderful definition and shine back. This is a fraction of the price of my other serums and just as good, if not better. I've been using a sizable amount every day, and the bottle still looks full. Just one pump is good for an entire head of long hair.

Great used on wet or dry hair. This is one product, that if taken off the market, would truly depress me. Love the orange bottle. My only beef is that this doesn't really smooth the flyaways I have from snapped strands, but perhaps it will prevent more of them. Then again, maybe it's just my humid weather to blame! Solid buy. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2003 10:02:00 AM More reviews by lilcutiepie

LOVE IT! I have normal textured hair (but not much of it) that is wavy, color-treated, and very prone to dullness/frizziness. This stuff is amazing! It says to use it on wet hair, but I tried it dry instead - I don't like to goop a lot of products on my hair when it's wet b/c sometimes I can't tell what the results are going to be and it dries funny. When I smoothed it on, it definitely got rid of all my frizzies (in very humid weather!) and left a nice, healthy sheen behind. TOTALLY RECOMMEND! At $6, how could you not?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2003 4:29:00 PM More reviews by rugby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a good product it is very similar to the oleo relax serum by keratase...except the price its a good combination with natures therapy heat protection leave in Im sorry it thats not the exact name but youll know it when you see it...Hair is definetly silky when blown dry!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2003 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lyan

i love love love this serum. it makes combing hair soo easy, and it makes my hair shiny but not weighed down or greasy. it's perfect for rollersetting, blowdrying or just plain and simple airdrying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2003 8:25:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

This is the one product from the Vive Smooth-intense line with Nutrileum that I loooove! Smooths my hair and does not weigh it down and make it look funky. I use this daily before I style my hair and it workds great!! Adds shine and smoothing! I will be buying this again! Great deal and one pump is all you need for fine hair, two pumps for longer/thick hair. 3.4 ozs will last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2003 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great price, smells wonderful and adds just enough slip to my hair without weighing it down. A most excellent product and I definately plan on purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2003 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Butterfly1981

Sweet Deal!! Works great on my natural curly hair! Gives incredible shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2003 1:25:00 AM More reviews by inertia

I love this! It makes my dry damaged frizzy straw-hair look like normal hair. Even after dying it again (usually it looks like a nasty rat's nest right after dying), it looks nice. This serum is a wonderful detangler and doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy. And the packaging is nice, much better than Frizz-Ease.