Queen Helene Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), juglans regia (walnut) shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cocamidoproply betaine, kaolin, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance (parfum), phenoxyethanol, carbomer 940, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben.

on 2/11/2004 4:25:00 PM

Wow! I have been using St. Ives Apricot scrub for over 10 years and nothing came close til this!!! I LOVE the tingling sensation.. very refreshing. The packaging would be better though if it had a flip up cap.. it's kinda annoying to unscrew a cap in the shower.. But I guess it's worth it. And you can't beat the price! 2 dollars and change. Compared to the St. Ives, it is a tad less grainy / less harsh.. the granuoles are finer.. so maybe this is better for sensistive skin.

on 2/9/2004 11:39:00 AM

I liked the results of this product after my face quit hurting...ow ow ow.
This hurt so bad. Could never use again.

on 2/6/2004 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff! Leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft. It's dirt cheap, too! Will continue to use!

on 1/24/2004 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this! This has a nice, minty fresh smell to it, and it feels great on my skin. The only downside is the packaging, but it's so cheap that I really don't care! I wouldn't reccomend this for daily usage, even though it says you can on the tube...I'm paranoid about over-exfoliating.

After reading all these MUA raves I had to run out and try this. Starting day one my blackheads disappeared. (I will let you know if it shrinks pores greatly). It also did not irritate my very sensitive skin. The reason I am giving it only 4 lippies... on first impression the scent reminded me of Mylanta II!**UPDATE 1/27/04**The pores on the bridge & sides of my nose are non-existant, the rest have gotten smaller, but are still there. I stand by my original review. If you have dry skin I recommend using only once a day. continued >>

on 12/30/2003 11:31:00 AM

I like this product much better than the St. Ives version. The granules are finer and the minty smell is great. I use this about once a week and love the feeling afterwards of clean, smooth, polished skin. It never breaks me out, or "tears" my skin - all I get is gentle cleansing and exfoliating that leads to clear skin! And for so cheap, how can you resist!

on 12/20/2003 6:05:00 PM

Have been using this for years while in the shower. After using a cleanser I use this every day. I like Clinique's scrub better but it is too expensive for every day use. This
works great and is cheap. I like the mint smell also.

on 12/11/2003 2:06:00 AM

I like the familiar smell of my fav mask, but I still prefer my HG, St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub...because of the acne fighting ingredients and the larger granules. (Yeah, I'm a sadist). Still, this is a good product for the price.

EDIT: Discontinued use of this & the St. Ives and am having better results with aspirin mask as my weekly exfoliator. My skin is so sensitive (rosacea) that I find it works better when I avoid products with fragrance & with granules.

on 11/16/2003 6:15:00 AM

Another wonderful product from Queen Helene ( she knows her stuff!!) I am the pickiest person with what I wash my face with. I don't like that tight dry feeling that most products leave behind. This exfoliates, cleans and softens my face like a dream. I will NEVER use anything other then this.

on 11/15/2003 6:14:00 PM

Hate the tube packaging as I always squirt out way too much.

But for $3 who the heck cares! This stuff cleans, exfoliates and leaves my skin smooth but not overly dry.

I hate the smell of mint, so if you do too I recommend holding your breath while using this.

Mint aversion aside, this is a staple--LOVE IT!

Popular Scrubs