October 1, 2014 | 1886 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2003 6:05:00 PM More reviews by VEODJW111

Have been using this for years while in the shower. After using a cleanser I use this every day. I like Clinique's scrub better but it is too expensive for every day use. This
works great and is cheap. I like the mint smell also.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2003 2:06:00 AM More reviews by BronxBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the familiar smell of my fav mask, but I still prefer my HG, St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub...because of the acne fighting ingredients and the larger granules. (Yeah, I'm a sadist). Still, this is a good product for the price.

EDIT: Discontinued use of this & the St. Ives and am having better results with aspirin mask as my weekly exfoliator. My skin is so sensitive (rosacea) that I find it works better when I avoid products with fragrance & with granules.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2003 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Savannah410

Another wonderful product from Queen Helene ( she knows her stuff!!) I am the pickiest person with what I wash my face with. I don't like that tight dry feeling that most products leave behind. This exfoliates, cleans and softens my face like a dream. I will NEVER use anything other then this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2003 6:14:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hate the tube packaging as I always squirt out way too much.

But for $3 who the heck cares! This stuff cleans, exfoliates and leaves my skin smooth but not overly dry.

I hate the smell of mint, so if you do too I recommend holding your breath while using this.

Mint aversion aside, this is a staple--LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2003 1:39:00 PM More reviews by glowgirl65

I've used this for many years and will keep coming back to it. It's dirt cheap, all natural, not tested on animals, it invigorates the senses with its refreshing mint scent, and it exfoliates the skin beautifully without stripping or drying it. I've tried plenty of other scrubs (all more expensive!) and *none* work as well as Queen Helene. I also like their Oatmeal Honey scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 9:27:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had no idea that this even exsisted until I came across it one day at Sally's. It comes in a tube that is identical to the regular Mint Julep Mask so you could easily pass this by unless you were on the hunt for it. I've never seen it sold anywhere else. My Rite-Aid carries a huge selection of Queen Helene items but I've never seen this there before.

I'm always interested in trying new facial products so I decided to pick this up. I have *very* sensitive skin that stays clear 99.9% off the time. This scrub has the familar minty scent but it's not overly strong or offensive. It did a great job of cleansing and exfoliating my skin without drying out my face or causing me to break out. I use it once every week or two weeks just to keep my skin looking fresh and healthy, I would think that it would be too much to use this daily on your skin.

Huge rave from me!! :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2003 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ruthfarm

This is a good scrub for my sensitive, temperamental skin. It takes away dead skin, leaves my face smooth, and no irritations! My Mom loves it too (she took my tube so now I have to buy another one). I would've never tried it if I didn't read it from MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2003 2:38:00 PM More reviews by cereza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin that gets very acne prone during pms. As soon as I feel the oil building up, I put on this mask and it keeps the pimples away! It's so cheap and smells minty fresh. Not to mention it's cruelty free and all natural. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2003 9:05:00 PM More reviews by accentcc

I tried this based on the MUA reviews I read and it is terrific! My skin is sensitive and this doesn't bother it at all. Of course, I don't scrub it to death, either! The packaging is inexpensive, but for $2.69, I won't be complaining. I like the stand up tube that helps you use it all! I used to be a cosmetics snob (only the most expensive would do) but I have found lots of great cheap products that are better than the high priced items. As my mom says, you can only spend it once! Now, I am not interested in paying for the fancy packaging, just for products that really work hard.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2002 11:21:00 AM More reviews by PumpkinKim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed this. It wasn't overly abrasive, and left my skin feeling quite soft. Very nice tingly feeling, too. I like using it on my feet.
I much prefer this product to the Q.H. Mint Julep Mud Masque, as the mud masque causes breakouts each time I use it.