Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 1/6/2010 6:51:00 PM

I've been using this as a cleanser every morning and night for about a month now and I'm in love. My skin has become considerably clearer. It gives a tingling sensation but doesn't dry out my skin at all. I will definitely continue to buy this.

on 12/31/2009 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My HG cleanser, hands down. This cleanser cleans well and moisturizes with glycerin. As a mask, it works well to freshen up my skin. I love that it has benzoyl peroxide in it without being too harsh or drying. I would suggest this to anyone with acne, especially those of us who have dry skin and acne.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

love love love this cleanser! it beats all of the cleansers i've been using in a LONG run (neutrogena oil-free cleanser, cetaphil, etc.). My skin has never felt this soft! It makes my skin feel so clean and improves my break outs. doesn't dry my skin out at all:) will continue to buy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Although I have read hundreds of reviews on MUA, this is my first. I had to take a minute and tell others about this great product. First off, I have oily acne prone skin. I have used basically every prescription and OTC product out there. I've found through trial and error that benzoyl peroxide works wonders on my skin rather than salicylic acid. Unfortunately, 95% of OTC acne products out there SA based rather than BP. Also, of the BP products available, many are 10% strength, which is too irritating. This has been the only cleanser I've found with 3.5% BP which is perfect for me. Of course Proactiv is ok at 2.5% and I'm not sure how much difference 1% makes, but I like Neutrogena. It's effective, yet non irritating. I use Daniel Kerns 2.5% BP treatment afterwards. My acne is very under control with this cleanser. It's inexpensive with great packaging. I don't really use this as a mask like it says you can, but leave it on for a few minutes in the shower. I really don't understand why there are not more low concentration BP products available at the drugstore!! They work really well!!! Anyway, I definitely recommend this to someone with moderate acne who is trying to avoid prescriptions from the derm.

on 12/19/2009 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I tried this a few times and decided it is not for me. This felt horrible on my skin. It was like my skin was burning. I think it did helped with cleaning my pores but my skin felt really dry when I took it off (I have combination skin/normal to dry cheeks). Because of that, it caused my skin to produce more sebum. Hate it when companies add menthol to their products so people feel it "working".

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Overall I guess Neutrogena is not a company that
I can use but this product was so overwhellming to my skin. I mean it burned really bad I had to take it off within 30 seconds. It is so strong and maybe because I do not have acne but I like to use cleasnsers and mask but this one is awful

on 11/28/2009 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Im not sure how I found out about this product. I think I heard about it from a youtuber. Anyways Im usually a neutrogena fan... but im not sure about this product. I used it once as a mask and it kept my face red for a good hour afterwards. It seemed to clear up my acne because I noticed that my skin calmed down... I guess ill have to give it a few more tries and come back for a final word. Ill give this a few more chances

on 11/22/2009 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I remember using this when I was a teenager. Well about 10 years later I am back.
About a year ago I convinced myself that I was over the acne phase of my life and it was time to move into anti-aging and oil control mode. I started using foaming cleansers and strong toners and a ton of SA. While I felt like I was winning against wrinkles I was defiantly losing against pimples.
So after about 8 month, yes, 8 months, I found this on the bottom shelf of my bathroom. The tube is about 10 years old.
I didn't expect it to do much after 10 years but I was wrong. The next day most of my pimples had shrunk and after just 3 or 4 days, my skin looks so much better. Even my boyfriend mentioned it.
I use this twice a day, morning and night. It gets rid of all my makeup including Monistat primer which causes acne if not removed completely. Two or three times a week, I use this with my pretika. I don't use it as a mask because it is probably too harsh and I don't want to risk it.
I am so glad that I made the switch back to BP.

on 11/18/2009 7:07:00 PM

This is a good cleanser but be careful using it as a mask. You might want to see if your skin agrees with it first by testing it on a small area. I usually use it as a cleanser but tried it as a mask tonight. My skin turned very red and feels warm to the touch. I don't think I have particularly sensitive skin and this has never happened with any other mask. So I probably won't be doing that again but I'll still use it as a cleanser.

on 11/16/2009 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have super oily skin...this helps to control oil and prevent breakouts...This and Alba Sea Enzyme Scrub let me win the war against acne!