November 27, 2014 | 943 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a recommendation for this product on the skincare board because I was looking for an inexpensive toner that was suitable for dry skin. I liked Chanel's Activateur Hydration, but for the price, I didn't want to have to keep repurchasing it. I've been using this product for about a week and a half and I'm really happy with it! I use it after washing my face to remove any dirt or impurities that my cleanser didn't catch or just by itself to freshen up my skin. It's a great toner for the price because it doesn't sting and it isn't drying at all on my dry skin. I find that sometimes when I'm in a rush, I can even go without moisturizer afterwards. I'm very happy with this product and would definitely repurchase. You can't beat it for $6-7 a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by cuteboringlove

I have used nothing but alcohol toners off and on over the years and I noticed that they always left my skin red and blotchy. They removed excess makeup fine, but weren't soothing at all. Fast forward to last week. My brother moved back home and being the metrosexual he is, he has ALOT of products under his cabinet. I saw this one and was excited to try it out that night. well, I LOVED it. It has a light, pleasant scent, a soothing feel, and it doesn't leave my skin dry, cracked, or red. I use it morning and night now to remove extra dirt and just refresh my skin. It's now part of my regime. On their website it stays that it's oil free, which, I really hope it is because enough time hasn't passed yet for me to guage if it causes break outs or not. I really doubt it could though as it's supposed to remove breakout causing junk. I don't see myself ever going back to another alcohol based toner again. In fact, I used to use very strong acne medications on my face, thinking I had mild acne when really I just have a minor blackhead problem and these harsh products I was using seemed to only maginify and add other problems to my face. So I decided to simplify my skin care. Now I only use Clean & Clear Deep action cream cleanser, THIS TONER, Queen Helene Masque (every few days or as spot treatment), and Clean and Clear Dual action moisturizer in the morning. Let me tell you, my skin hasn't been this calm, clear, and soothed in so long. It almost has a glow to it. When I wake up in the morning, I get a sense of relief and happiness knowing that my makeup is only going to enhance my face and not cover it up. I'm not saying that you shouldn't use products accordingly, as some people can handle and may even need harsher products, but I am recommending, if you have skin problems, that you reevaluate your regime. Sometimes gentler and simpler is in fact better. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. Oh, and the reason I took off one lippie is because this toner does take a few minutes to dry and some might say it leaves a sticky film. I don't find anything of annoyance to me and afterwards I don't even have to put moisturizer on because it balances my skin so well. So, for the record, yes I will purchase this product again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this toner is great. soothing, but feels clean, does not overdry me or cause breakouts. i have acne-prone skin with some dry patches,and i use s.acid face wash and/or scrub prior to this, and it helps to make my skin feel healthy and look less red after use. there is no reason not to try it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueen25

Really like this toner. There are days when I don't use the toner, but notice a difference when I do use it. It makes my skin smoother and helps with my breakouts. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by mcarpio

I agree w/several reviewers, this is a really good toner, its not drying and it feels very light and no residue. The problem is the packaging: the bottle does leak when traveling...
UPDATE: I have crushed some generic aspirin in the bottle, and use it in the morning, hey whatever helps...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2007 9:23:00 AM More reviews by RussianBelle007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good toner. I use a cotton ball to apply it to my face. This is a great product for teens.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2007 1:39:00 AM More reviews by queenietcb

This is a really good toner, it is gentle but at the same time cleans your face and does not leave a residue.The only thing I hate about it is the bottle, it always leaks when I travel.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2007 3:27:00 PM More reviews by medic4u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is not the worst toner ever, but certainly not the best. The reason its not the worst is b/c it is alcohol free. It is fare from the best b/c it has fragrence that makes my skin break out with rosacea redness and pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by venezia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner is a nice, drugstore product which works well on my dry, sensitive skin. I do like to use a Toner after washing along my jawline and around my nose, as these are the areas where I tend to collect a bit of cleanser residue. This particular Toner works well, and the slight floral fragrance doesn't irritate my skin. A definite re-purchase, many times over; approximately $6.00 per bottle at drugstores and supermarkets everywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by est_elle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this toner! Has been on countless bottles... It helps to reduce redness caused by pimples and it doesn't sting at all. And it's very affordable!