August 27, 2014 | 1892 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by despoina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my god!I have to protect all innocents girls out there!!!DO NOT use it on your face!!!Might gives you Cystic Acne.
I am very surprised that a doctor might suggest it like a reviewer said-It cannot be true!!!
Do not be stupid like me just because the commercial IMPLY that you can put it on your face.
Well,i was young and innoccent back then...Great smell for the Body-only.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by absolut_blonde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I'm one of the few dissenters on this, but Dove breaks me out in some kind of acne-rash hybrid. At first, I thought it was just pregnancy hormones. Then I realized the breakouts were much, much worse on my body than my face (which I cleanse with other products). After stopping with this for just 2 days, I've already seen an improvement. It's too bad, since it is inexpensive and doesn't contain any weird ingredients. It still works well for DH, but it definitely does not agree with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have been using Dove to cleanse my face for years after it was recommended to me by my dermatologist. I was skeptical of anything labeled "moisturizing" at first, considering that my skin tends toward oiliness, but if anything, Dove neutralizes the oily tendency. Dove never irritates my very sensitive skin, leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, and is dirt cheap - what's not to love?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My husband's dermatologist recommended Dove unscented for sensitive skin and my whole family has been using it for years. It is much more gentle than something like Ivory or a deodorant bar. Even though it contains "1/4 moisturizing cream" and doesn't cause additional irritation to dry skin it isn't moisturizing enough for me to skip the lotion after I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Ultrapink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe the way I feel my skin using this!!! It's so moisturizing and it gives a velvety finish both body and face that it comes almost impossible to think it's real, specially with such a stupid price, but it is.
This morning when I was washing my face, my little sister came in and after staring at me for a few seconds she told me: From Sisley to Dove....I could lend you some money if you want to... hahahahahaaah hahahahahaa
It's really an amazing stuff: cheap, smoothy and good for pimples. What else do you girls need?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lovemysavior

Like many others have said, I have tried so many products to help me with acne and none has made my skin clear like this. I hadn't seen my skin clear for about 3 years especially on my chin and this took it all away. I love the smell of the original white bar, but because I have sensitive skin, I am using the sensitive unscented one. I am so glad that I can use this on my face and it be gentle enough, because I don't like fussing with multiple face cleansing steps. I will continue using this as long as my face is happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit: I noticed how a lot of reviewers on here use this as a multi-purpose use soap, face, body, shaving, cleaning brushes. Myself included. I feel it does take off makeup and leaves a good feeling, clean, not dry not filmy, i follow w/a toner. i use to clean makeup brushes with this stuff too. but i use a small bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo now.

Edit: I have 2 go cheap lately, I stopped buying 7 dollar face washes (also the amt. of plastic people!!! trying to reduce the amt of plastic in my life). I originally took a few bars of this from my b/f's bathroom, was using it for the body and yes yes it's awesome, but since i've gone cheap (and more environmentally friendly), I been using this bar for a face wash too, let me tell you, it clearly removes all traces of makeup, & like everyone said it will not leave your skin tight/dry afterwards, i follow w/a toner & moistur. DONE & DONE! beautiful. why buy another bottle of face wash when you can use this as a 2-1 deal? cheap. & saves plastic. Plastic=awful for environment. You can always switch to the unscented version if you happen to dislike the perfume-y smell, i like it. i like their limited edition winter care smells too. Their midly exfoliating bars are awesome as well.

All in all, i agree w/all the reviews here. Dove is awesome. nothing beats it, i swear, i tried crabtree & evelyn jojoba french milled soap, and it's super drying & i end up loading up on lotion after the shower or else my skin is alligator dry. with dove i can toss my body lotion away!! summer or winter, there is no need for body lotion. saves me $$$$ and nowadays, we are all trying 2 find ways to cut back on expenses. i even can use this as a morning and night facial wash, cleans my face well, leaves it non-drying, soft, supple, absolutely amazing, cheaper than a bottle of face cleanser. Amen to Dove!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the ONLY bar soap I will ever use on my skin...and I'm talking body..not face. I will always stick to my HG cleansers for my face but this beauty bar is just perfect for cleansing my body and leaving my skin so moisturized yet clean at the same time. The smell is fresh and lovely without being too over powering since I do have bad allergies to fragrances in products. This bar soap is a great multi tasker..since it's so creamy, it practically dissolves any oils and dirt on your skin or deep in the pores. It rinses off clean as a whistle without stripping your skin of essential moisture..in fact, it adds to your moisture content which leaves skin so soft and smooth! It has cleared up my back acne and is wonderful for shaving as opposed to using shaving foams or gels. Why pay the extra dough for another product when one can do it all?! I will always use the white, Dove bar and recommend it to all my clients until something more spectacular for the price comes around. Until then, I'm a faithful, Dove girl.

xoxoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by SwirlBaby83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't think I've ever NOT used Dove soap.This along w Ivory were the only soaps in my home growing up. I never liked Ivory's fishy smell, so I only used this. Wasn't a stretch for me to continue using it on my face as an adult. This is the only bar soap in MY home now :) Soft gentle cleansing,no residue, non drying & smells good..IDK. Love it, can't do without it. Buy it in packs of 24 From Costco!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by beverlyNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dove is the Best! I use the sensitive skin bars. I really wish I could use all those beautiful baskets of fragranced products . . but they irritate or give me a rash.. . but Dove never has. I tried Olay sensitive, but had a reaction to it. If my facial cleanser is not in the shower, I can use it on my face in a pinch, without a reaction !