April 16, 2014 | 975 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

If you live with a boy and want to have a soap you both can use this is the safest and best bet. I like Dove in terms of smell and I actually don't have to use moisturizer after. It doesn't dry out either.

In terms of drugstore soap it's not the cheapest but its the best one since it doesn't dry out and it smells good and feels nice. Works a decent lather. It's hard to see any downfall with this product. I used this when I was a tween and recently when my aunt sent me a care package.

I normally use Lush soap. But I know when I have kids there is no way I'm buying luxury lush soap for them or myself. Only reason why it loses 1 lippy is because I LOVE Lush so much! So Dove can't meet those high standards but it does come close.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by KatieJune8

Hello, MUA users! First review here. I am a college student, pinching the pennies, but more importantly, I go to school in Duluth, MN! Cold, cold, cold, and HARD water. Normally, my skin has been a blessing (hardly any acne, pretty even tone), but with this new water and the winter months, my skin has been an issue! Pimples, and dry, flaky skin. Inspired by my best friend, whose skin is flawless, I decided to use the Dove Beauty Bar in Pink. Cheap, 1/4 moisturizing, etc. WOW. What an improvement. Pimples along my jawline are dramatically reduced, I have no more dry patches, and my pores on my nose seem to have shrunk! I recommend using it with a washcloth, although launder it regularly! Try it, ladies! :)
In combination with this, I use Nuetrogena Alcohol Free Toner and their Intensified Day Moisturizer. A winter cure! Hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my HG soap for my body...I have really sensitive skin and most shower gels or soap bars give me acne on my chest, dry my skin out or irritate my skin. The Dove beauty bar doesn't at all! It leaves my skin so soft and moisturised, I can get away without applying lotion after my shower. I used to always get yeast infections and tried endless doctors prescriptions and recommendations that all never seemed to work...once I started using this, I had no more problems with it! It's gentle enough to use on my lady parts which is very important for me. However, I don't use this on my face. I have tried it out before, and whilst it never stripped my skin or left it feeling dry, it did happen to break me out quite a lot in small red pimples on my forehead and cystic acne on my chin, cheeks and nose. So I just use the original Dove beauty bar as my body soap and the Dove sensitive beauty bar for my face (it's my HG cleanser btw) and all works out great. I do happen to like the scent of this soap and really like that's it's dirt cheap aswell (I pay under 1.50 for 4 bars of this at Tesco).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by CreeWoman26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i love a good bar of soap but dove soap is okay...just like any other soap...i find this is usually the cheapest bar of soap at my drug store so that why i buy it...my kids react badly to it though and i dont like to wash my face with it cuz it burns my eyes more than other soaps if i get some in them...but its definately something i used for years and will continue to use for years

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by shimmi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the only soap I have used for over 15 years. My dermatologist recommended it for my dry, sensitive and highly allergic skin, and I haven't looked back. It's easily available, reasonably priced and leaves my skin clean and moist. How often do you find perfection in a world of snake oil?

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I honestly have been using this stuff ever since I can remember. Hell my mom even used it on me when I was a baby, and that's saying something because I had extremely sensitive skin as a baby. It doesn't leave my skin sticky feeling like other soaps, and I will continue to use this until forever...or until they discontinue it ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This soap was recommended to me by my dermatologist for use as a gentle face cleanser. I have spent lots and lots of money over the years on acne wash, oil fighting, make up removing cleansers to find that Dove soap works great. I remove my make up with wipes and then use Dove soap to "sqeaky clean" my face. Because of the moisturizer it does not dry my skin nor does it cause my skin to break out. What a great savings!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the unscented sensitive skin Dove bar for my eczema prone skin. I have rashes on my hands and have found that this soap doesn't dry my skin out like most soaps do. Also, I have noticed that pimples on my face have diminished since I started using it. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by jod84

this cleared my skin up as a teen. i would always buy products such as clean and clear oxy and other stuff that would just make my skin 100 times worse so i gave up and just started useing soap and water. with in 2 weeks my skin was so clear. i used this till i was 22 but now i'm 26 i try not to use soaps and i'm sticking to products for fine lines but this is great for younger people to use it worked for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by chrissymyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

just recently i bought the dove exfoliating soap bar,
it is so far really good and i use it on my face at night then i tone, but it makes my face soft and smooth and no irritation :)

its crazy! i will deffinally keep buying i love this for my face. and it smells really good :)