September 2, 2014 | 1691 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Danielleg1280

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This eyemakeup remover works great on non-waterproof mascara, eyeliner, etc. For the price, you can't go wrong. I usually use Clinique eyemakeup remover (the non oily one) or the Estee Lauder eyemakeup remover. This works just as good for a fraction of the price. If you use waterproof mascara, you shouldn't use this though. It gets off the MAC water resistant eyeliner no prob.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2007 4:44:00 AM More reviews by SeattleGlamourGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't care for the product at all. The only thing it would remove was eye shadow, which I can do with water. Forget about getting eyeliner, mascara, etc off with it because it just doesn't work. Definitely won't waste my money and repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 3:28:00 AM More reviews by christietx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dirt cheap and absolutely fabulous. Not oily at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by jserr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty good product for the price, and pretty effective at removing most makeup. However, when I wear a lot of eyeliner/mascara, it takes more than a few swipes to get it all off - and I hate having to rub my eyes like that! Also, try not to get any in your eyes, because this stuff stings! Not pleasant. Would not repurchase for that reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by stefanielw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is really great.
I don't have particularly sensitive eyes, but I do wear contacts.
The Rimmel does a great job taking it all off without irritating or feeling greasy (I hate it when removers are greasy!).
Highly recommended and I will buy it again when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well geeze, I will definitely buy this again and again and again! I was going to purchase my usual Neutrogena eye- makeup remover but the girl behind the Ulta counter suggested Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover because she really liked it. I thought, why the heck not, they're probably about the same anyway. WRONG! This stuff dissolves the mascara off of my eyes with almost no pulling or rubbing and most importantly, does not irritate my eyes at all. I accidentally squirted a ton of this stuff off of the cotton ball and into my right eye (don't ask, lol) and it didn't do anything. What?! I have super-sensitive eyes that even mascaras and eye shadow will irritate but even after glooping this into my eye, I felt as if I had only just put water in it. Neutrogena eye m/u remover left me with blurry vision after using it but with this stuff, there is no greasy residue and my eyesight is as sharp as ever. I love this stuff and I do believe I found my HG eye makeup remover. Go Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover! Try this!
:::::::::::::UPDATE::::::::::::
This has been bumped from my shelf of staples. It's a good second choice but I found an EMUR that takes off all of my eye makeup (liner included) with ABSOLUTELY NO tugging or wiping! I thought that was a rumor ability of EMURs but wow, I am now in love with the Lumene EMUR!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by jilless

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm one of those naughty girls who doesn't properly remove her eye makeup--if my facewash doesn't remove it, I just kinda let it stick around until the next morning. However, for the times I do remove my eye makeup this stuff really does the trick. It's not oily or greasy, leaves no residue, does not sting my eyes, and really removes even the long-wearing eyeliner. For the price, you should at least give it a try for yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by GoshILoveYou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this for two dollars with a kohl eyeliner.. I wear heavy eye make up and it removed everything I wore with no tearing at my eyes and no pain from it getting into my eyes. I will definetely buy this again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2006 4:13:00 AM More reviews by tanni

HG!! This is like a bottle of magical water... Although I wouldn't recomend letting it get in your eye or anything, hah. There's 4.2 fl oz in one bottle, and it costs around $6. That's how much I paid for it, anyway. Although, it is a drugstore product, and drugstores are always having sales on things, so I'm sure Rimmel goes on sale at least once and a while. I put a few drops of this stuff on some tissue/toilet paper, swipe it over my eyelids and all my eyeshadow, primer, and most of my mascara is gone. (Depends on how much I put on and whether or not it's waterproof.) I think this stuff is really great, works better than what I was using before. (Nivea maekup remover, which is a cream.) Only issue I have with this though is that I can't really get all of my eyeliner off. I use MAC Powerpoint pencil, and while it's supposed to be a long wearing pencil, I would hope it would come off with m/u remover. Oh well, at least the pencil is doing what it's supposed to do! Though, I layer it on thick, so that may have something to do with why it's not comming off as easily. All in all, good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2006 6:42:00 AM More reviews by ilovelondon

I recently started wearing contact lenses, so I have been looking for something that if it accidently gets in my eyes, it wouldn't burn. I thought I was insane for thinking this, but then I discovered the Rimmel remover. I tried it and it feels like water..by this I mean that I got it in my eyes and it didn't burn at all. I will continue to use this even if I stop wearing contacts.