April 17, 2014 | 1757 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Ultra Calming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2003 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Stila_Honey

Nice gentle cleanser! I have sensitive/ combination skin and this cleanser is perfect for the job. Does not cause any redness or irritation. Pleasant smell, nice texture. I need to use a moisturizer afterwards, otherwise my skin is slightly dry. Has been great for preventing breakouts. One of the best cleansers i have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2003 9:29:00 AM More reviews by shazzac

I use this in the AM and PM. it's very gentle and i don't feel squeeky clean like other cleanser does. and my skin doesn't feel tight after cleansing. a little expensive but buying the biggest bottle saves more. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jalin

kc_sunshine was kind enough to send me a sample of this and I finally tried it today. I have to say I am impressed! I have combo skin and for no apparent reason my cheeks have been dry and flaky the last couple days. This helped re-balance my skin. It rinses clean but leaves your face soft and hydrated. A decent cleanser for combo girls! ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2003 10:37:00 PM More reviews by onlypanties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

used it at school. but would never buy this item. although i get 50 percent off! it can also be used as a make-up remover. its not a complete waste of money for more mature skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by wascamilletwins

My face was a MESS after 2 uses of this....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2003 9:06:00 PM More reviews by mineren

I love this cleanser!! I have hypersensitive skin that is acne prone and rosacea. I agree, it is much like Cetaphil, but being a texture freak, this is creamier, has a better feel to it and more botanical ingredients. Its not great as a one-wash makeup remover, but used twice, it works well. A great am cleanser. I have looked for other inexpensive replacements, but have yet to find one, so I'm sticking with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Jennyfurry

This is a great cleanser! Dermalogica's Ultra Calming Cleanser can be rinsed or tissued off. I prefer the tissue off method in the AM. It leaves my skin soft and slightly moisturized. This is probably the only cleanser that hasn't irritated my skin at all. It's a creamy cleanser, so if you dig the foamy stuff you probably wouldn't be content with this one. Also, don't expect it to remove all your makeup, but it is safe for use around the eyes. I really do enjoy this product and I have rec'd it to others. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2003 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Briegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a trained esthetician also, and I absolutely love the Dermalogica line. They use all natural ingrediants so they are usually pretty calming to the skin, the only time i have seen adverse reactions is when someone was allergic to something in the product, maybe that is why the product didn't work well for you. All my clients have seen great results with thier products and it has done wonders for my skin. It is a bit expensive but I think its worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2003 10:35:00 AM More reviews by schooniej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought the entire Dermalogica facial skincare product line after attending a product seminar delievered by Dermalogica. My skin is quite sensitive and after using these products for a week my face looked like road kill. Bumps were everywhere, red blotches, hyperpigmentation. My skin looked the absolute worse. Being a trained esthetician, I regret that I didn't trust my gut instict and that I decided to experiment with products that can do more damage to your skin than most drugstore brands. Dermalogica has a wonderful marketing program going for it. Unfortunately, we use the products at the spa where I work and everytime I get a facial that is inclusive of just one of these products I look like I'm on steroids because my face turns so red and itchy. I find the entire line to be harsh and abrasive. I cannot recommend any of the products except the soothing additives, which can only be purchased by professionals. On clients with acne, I do not find the clearing additive to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2003 12:07:00 PM More reviews by frputich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My facialist suggested I use this since I'm undergoing microdermabrasion. It does a decent job cleaning my face & removing my eye makeup, yet it's not drying at all. I especially like the fact that it has natural calming ingredients like raspberry, echinacea & lavender extracts.