November 24, 2014 | 945 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Ultra Calming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2004 4:18:00 AM More reviews by ramsi

This is a great cleanser if you have sensitive skin! It's really gentle and doesn't dry out the skin, and it's great at removing eye-makeup without leaving any residue. This is a gel-cream cleanser which you wash away with water. It doesn't make my face feel tigh after using it (which always happens when I use drug-store gel-cleansers). I'm not sure if I like the consistency of the cleanser, it makes me feel like I have to use more of it, because I'm not sure if I covered my whole face before I wash it off. But when it comes to cleansing my face very gentle this is great, and maybe I'll end up coming back to this after trying som more cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2003 3:38:00 PM More reviews by chevaluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dermaologica products have saved my ultra-sensitive, dry skin. This is a great cleanser that leaves my skin feeling soft and not overly dry. I usually combine it with the Essential Cleansing Solution in the evening to remove dirt and makeup. It's a terrific product! My friend, who has oily skin and generally hates mild cleansers, even loves this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2003 6:10:00 AM More reviews by cacharelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't like this at all, reminds me very much of Cetaphil cleanser. Non-lathering product that doesn't really cleanse very well, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2003 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Stila_Honey

Nice gentle cleanser! I have sensitive/ combination skin and this cleanser is perfect for the job. Does not cause any redness or irritation. Pleasant smell, nice texture. I need to use a moisturizer afterwards, otherwise my skin is slightly dry. Has been great for preventing breakouts. One of the best cleansers i have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2003 9:29:00 AM More reviews by shazzac

I use this in the AM and PM. it's very gentle and i don't feel squeeky clean like other cleanser does. and my skin doesn't feel tight after cleansing. a little expensive but buying the biggest bottle saves more. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jalin

kc_sunshine was kind enough to send me a sample of this and I finally tried it today. I have to say I am impressed! I have combo skin and for no apparent reason my cheeks have been dry and flaky the last couple days. This helped re-balance my skin. It rinses clean but leaves your face soft and hydrated. A decent cleanser for combo girls! ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2003 10:37:00 PM More reviews by onlypanties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

used it at school. but would never buy this item. although i get 50 percent off! it can also be used as a make-up remover. its not a complete waste of money for more mature skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by wascamilletwins

My face was a MESS after 2 uses of this....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2003 9:06:00 PM More reviews by mineren

I love this cleanser!! I have hypersensitive skin that is acne prone and rosacea. I agree, it is much like Cetaphil, but being a texture freak, this is creamier, has a better feel to it and more botanical ingredients. Its not great as a one-wash makeup remover, but used twice, it works well. A great am cleanser. I have looked for other inexpensive replacements, but have yet to find one, so I'm sticking with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Jennyfurry

This is a great cleanser! Dermalogica's Ultra Calming Cleanser can be rinsed or tissued off. I prefer the tissue off method in the AM. It leaves my skin soft and slightly moisturized. This is probably the only cleanser that hasn't irritated my skin at all. It's a creamy cleanser, so if you dig the foamy stuff you probably wouldn't be content with this one. Also, don't expect it to remove all your makeup, but it is safe for use around the eyes. I really do enjoy this product and I have rec'd it to others. :-)