Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

on 2/25/2004 6:08:00 AM

I've got sensitive-ish skin and this doesn't irritate it in the slightest; I'm just not sure whether it's getting it completely clean. Since I started using it, my chin breaks out more than it has done for a while, although if I polish the cleanser off with a Eve Lom/Liz Earle face-cloth my skin feels a little better. It's unfragranced and very gentle, but it does seem to leave a worrying amount of scummy lather in the sink afterwards, where other rinse-off cleansers didn't - London water, maybe?! It's not bad, but there are cheaper, equally effective cleansers out there for my skin.

on 2/18/2004 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wouldn't buy this again, left my skin tight and slightly itchy!!! Definitely NOT Ultracalming...

on 2/6/2004 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really hate pre-mature reviews so, let me just say that I am on my 4th bottle of this. I will never use another cleanser EVER! I suffered from acne for going on 8 years now and I think that the harsh, foaming cleansers were just causing more problems. My skin has since become so sensitive, I get red if you even look at me the wrong way. This cleanser has balanced my skin overall and has made it act more "normal" so to speak. It never caused my acne to get worse. The texture is exactly like cetaphil but, do NOT let that fool you. This has a lot of extracts and essential oils and DOES NOT CONTAIN any harsh sulfates that can strip your skin! If they ever discontinue this, I will stalk them until they bring it back! LOL!!

on 1/16/2004 9:09:00 AM

I think Dermalogica's products are good, but not extraordinary at all. I find many of their products are overpriced. I can purchase something else with same quality but at lower price. For example, I'm liking this Ultracalming cleanser. Very gentle and nice. But, are there much differences from Cetaphil cleanser? guess not. You might wanna try Cetaphil first, before you head on and get this expensive cleansing lotion. Generally a good cleanser if you don't mind the high price :)
237ml, AU$46 continued >>

on 1/12/2004 4:18:00 AM

This is a great cleanser if you have sensitive skin! It's really gentle and doesn't dry out the skin, and it's great at removing eye-makeup without leaving any residue. This is a gel-cream cleanser which you wash away with water. It doesn't make my face feel tigh after using it (which always happens when I use drug-store gel-cleansers). I'm not sure if I like the consistency of the cleanser, it makes me feel like I have to use more of it, because I'm not sure if I covered my whole face before I wash it off. But when it comes to cleansing my face very gentle this is great, and maybe I'll end up coming back to this after trying som more cleansers.

on 12/15/2003 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Dermaologica products have saved my ultra-sensitive, dry skin. This is a great cleanser that leaves my skin feeling soft and not overly dry. I usually combine it with the Essential Cleansing Solution in the evening to remove dirt and makeup. It's a terrific product! My friend, who has oily skin and generally hates mild cleansers, even loves this.

on 10/9/2003 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Didn't like this at all, reminds me very much of Cetaphil cleanser. Non-lathering product that doesn't really cleanse very well, in my opinion.

on 9/4/2003 8:10:00 PM

Nice gentle cleanser! I have sensitive/ combination skin and this cleanser is perfect for the job. Does not cause any redness or irritation. Pleasant smell, nice texture. I need to use a moisturizer afterwards, otherwise my skin is slightly dry. Has been great for preventing breakouts. One of the best cleansers i have ever used.

on 7/15/2003 9:29:00 AM

I use this in the AM and PM. it's very gentle and i don't feel squeeky clean like other cleanser does. and my skin doesn't feel tight after cleansing. a little expensive but buying the biggest bottle saves more. :)

on 7/9/2003 4:49:00 PM

kc_sunshine was kind enough to send me a sample of this and I finally tried it today. I have to say I am impressed! I have combo skin and for no apparent reason my cheeks have been dry and flaky the last couple days. This helped re-balance my skin. It rinses clean but leaves your face soft and hydrated. A decent cleanser for combo girls! ;-)