MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very nice basic brush. I really like how I can get into the corner of my eyes very easily with it. The brush is great for dark and pigmented shadows because it applies them evenly over the entire lid. The only complaint I have about this brush is that it picks up so much product that a lot of it gets left in the brush. Because of this I have to clean it fairly often, which may shorten the lifespan of the brush.

on 11/7/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite brushes and I use it the most out of any of my eye brushes. I have a lot of eyeshadow brushes that look like the 239, but none of them compare. There's something about the mac 239 that allows it to pack on and apply so much more color than other brushes like it. The white natural hair bristles are so soft and dense and perfect for applying color.

on 11/7/2009 11:01:00 AM

Good product overall. The size is good for covering the eyelid and distributing the color. I use this brush when I apply eyeshadow to my lid (very rarely) just because I dont normally have time in the mornings. However, It is a good dense, soft brush and is good quality. I hope it will last me a long time as it was quite pricey!

on 11/5/2009 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I don't understand why this is everyone's favorite brush.
I'd much rather use my smashbox #3 or mac 217.
This is a good brush.
I do reach for it - I guess mostly for highlight.
For the money - the loew cornell version is just as good.

I had the loew cornell - and gave it to my sister - because I just thought I had to have the MAC version - eh, no big difference.

on 10/25/2009 11:39:00 PM

this is a great little brush for packing color onto the lid. it's small, dense, and slightly firm. i'm sure it would work well with creams and bases, though i have not used it for such. i currently have a SE and plan on getting a full sized one since i often find the SE brushes to be a bit different in quality. a great eyeshadow brush for anyone to have!

on 10/25/2009 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this brush so much, I dont know how I ever managed without it! Picks up color and packs it on soo well, its def one of my top favorite brushes I own. Im actually thinking of buying another just because I use mine so much and I dont like to wash it everyday.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the perfect brush for beginners. It does good job applying an average amount of color to the lid; doesnt really pack it on (i prefer the 242 for that). It is also good for highlighting the brow bone. I've had mine for about a year and a half and its still looking good; no staining and hairs still in place. Two thumbs up definite rebuy.

on 10/18/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush is the best eyeshadow brush ever. It packs the shadow very well. It distributes it evenly across the lid; packs on the color very easily. You can also use it for your lower lash line (using the tip). If you want your highlight to have more color, this dense brush sure does its job.

on 9/13/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The brush is good for eyelid and the crease. I tend to look for this brush when I'm applying any eyeshadow and when I cannot find it I do tend to panic. The bristles are so soft that you automatically feel pampered for using it.The brush is firm and I have not once had the wood/metal pieces break a part like with many other brushes. Mac 239 has white bristle that may get a little stained with certain eye shadows so I have to pay careful attention to clean the brush after applying with dark pigments. However, I have found that the MAC brush cleaner formula does restore the color to an off-white if I forget about cleaning the brush.

on 9/4/2009 9:14:00 PM

Great brush! Soft bristles, but sturdy enough to blend. Its densely packed and picks up just enough product to apply to eyelids.

Video Reviews & Tutorials