MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

The MAC 239 is such a great brush for packing on a lid or lid-to-browbone colour. Picks up the shadow wonderfully, and it's a really great size to go in on the lid. When using this for a lid colour, always remember to PAT the colour onto the lid. Swiping it back and forth still gives you colour, but not to the extent that patting will. Also, this brush can be used in the crease if you don't want a diffused look. Although I rarely use it in the crease. Overall, great brush, and definitely one of the must-have eye brushes from MAC!

I only purchased this recently - my first "high end" (ish) eye brush. Can't believe I waited so long! It is very very soft, but firm enough that its not flimsy. Does take on a lot of product, and most of this is distributed fully and evenly onto the lid.
Very expensive in my opinion. Almost $50 australian dollars (should be a lot less with our dollar becoming stronger, but MAC doesn't seem to adjust prices), but because I couldn't find a decent cheaper option, I decided to get this. Probably people in the US and UK have a much larger range of more affordable brushes to choose from.
But like I said, it is a very good brush.

I stayed away from Mac brushes for a long time, the high price frightened me away for the longest time. But after I did a class with a Mac guru, I could see that I'd never get the results like he did with my cheapy brushes. I bought this brush and knew the first moment I used it that this is my hg brush. I can get so much product on my lids and the application is beautiful every time. I also eeally like how my eyeshadows don't turn to dust and I loose lots of the product like with some other, cheaper brushes. If you love eye makeup, then you need this brush.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very nice basic brush. I really like how I can get into the corner of my eyes very easily with it. The brush is great for dark and pigmented shadows because it applies them evenly over the entire lid. The only complaint I have about this brush is that it picks up so much product that a lot of it gets left in the brush. Because of this I have to clean it fairly often, which may shorten the lifespan of the brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite brushes and I use it the most out of any of my eye brushes. I have a lot of eyeshadow brushes that look like the 239, but none of them compare. There's something about the mac 239 that allows it to pack on and apply so much more color than other brushes like it. The white natural hair bristles are so soft and dense and perfect for applying color.

Good product overall. The size is good for covering the eyelid and distributing the color. I use this brush when I apply eyeshadow to my lid (very rarely) just because I dont normally have time in the mornings. However, It is a good dense, soft brush and is good quality. I hope it will last me a long time as it was quite pricey!

this is a great little brush for packing color onto the lid. it's small, dense, and slightly firm. i'm sure it would work well with creams and bases, though i have not used it for such. i currently have a SE and plan on getting a full sized one since i often find the SE brushes to be a bit different in quality. a great eyeshadow brush for anyone to have!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this brush so much, I dont know how I ever managed without it! Picks up color and packs it on soo well, its def one of my top favorite brushes I own. Im actually thinking of buying another just because I use mine so much and I dont like to wash it everyday.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the perfect brush for beginners. It does good job applying an average amount of color to the lid; doesnt really pack it on (i prefer the 242 for that). It is also good for highlighting the brow bone. I've had mine for about a year and a half and its still looking good; no staining and hairs still in place. Two thumbs up definite rebuy.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush is the best eyeshadow brush ever. It packs the shadow very well. It distributes it evenly across the lid; packs on the color very easily. You can also use it for your lower lash line (using the tip). If you want your highlight to have more color, this dense brush sure does its job.

Popular Makeup Brushes