Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 11/29/2010 10:00:00 AM

i love it! because make my skin fresh when i use it. i also can use it everytime i want.

on 10/17/2010 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have sensitive skin that easily gets red. So immediately after cleansing my face and rinsing it with tap water, I spray my face with Avene Thermal Water. Water in big cities can be really hard, which makes your skin feel tight, but with this water my skin doesn't feel pulled. I follow up with the Avene toner. However because of the price, I'm going to buy a spray bottle and fill it up with mineral water. It's still better than tap water and won't cost much!

on 10/11/2010 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Avene thermal water is an unchanging part of my skincare regime. I live on three different continents. Differing climates and water quality can cause my skin to react in bizarre ways if I'm not careful. I use Avene's thermal water morning and night after I cleanse my face so that my skin dries in the same water everyday no matter where I am. In Holland, however, I sometimes skip this step because the water quality is very good and the air is humid enough so that my skin is almost always in top shape. But when I'm in California, I always remember to use Avene water. After spraying this on my skin, I then proceed to apply the serums and moisturizers I am using at the time. The packaging is sturdy. The spray nozzle is excellent, it produces a very fine mist and never clogs. Excellent product from an excellent line.

on 10/4/2010 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I just had my laser treatment and my skin was basically burning and irritated. The only thing that would sooth my poor skin was either an ice pack, or this can of pressurized water. I like this better than I did, before I have my laser treatment and have normal skin. It really soothes the burning sensation though I have to re-spray. It does help to hydrate my skin as I experience less tight or pulled sensation after I spray this on. I don't let my skin absorb the water and let the water sit there forever. I leave it on a while before I pat dry - this is also the way you're supposed to use this spray. It's written on the insturctions on the bottle. This works equally good for sunburnt skin too - my sister used up half of my 300ml bottle a couple of months ago within a week, lol.

I have been using this as a toner long before the laser treatment and to be honest, it doesn't make a huge difference for me. I believe this is why some of the reviewers gave this a low rating as apparently, they probably don't have the problematic skin like sensitive, irritated, allergic, sunburnt... etc.

It's nice as a refreshment using clean water during the summer hot days. As stated on the bottle, this is packaged at the source in a sterile container - at least I'm going to get the water in its original quality. Also, I believe it's going to be better than use tap water (no matter boiled or not) in a random atomizer - it's hard to actually make everything sterile esp under home facilities. Trust me, as I learnt how to sterilize things for microbial experiments in the university. Also, I don't think the trace minerals in this spray is the same as the tap water.

Erm, it said you can use this to set makeup and I'm not sure how to do it. I tried using this after a powder foundation (not a matte one btw) and my concealer under my eyes caked immediately after I pat dry my face. So odd and I'm quite sure I won't try this again.

I quite like the spray snoozle as I really get a fine mist of water on face, so when the water "hit" my skin, I won't feel any pain on my irritated skin. The container looks like sealed and I wont' be able to open it in any way other than piercing it. Imho, this is good as nothing from outside can get inside. Other than that, I'm not too fond of the packaging. I can only gues how much water is left by shaking it up. Also, it's hard to get the last few drops sprayed out.

Overall, I will repurchase as sometimes my skin is irritated and I need some cool refrehsment during the insanely hot and humid summer over here. I'm going to try other brands too as apparently they all contain different amount of trace miernals and while this works for me, there maybe other brands that work even better? :P

on 9/26/2010 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

HG !!!
let's just consider what a cream (moisturiser) is. It's a water base and an oil base mixed together with a emulsifier ( which mixes water and oil to make the cream). And of course preservatives are added because anything containing water can go bad.

So, why harming our skin with chemical perservatives while we can mix water and oil when applying on face and avoid all that crap???

Here is what I do. I spray my face with avene thermal water (witch is the best water base) and before drying I apply some extra v. olive oil and spread it. That's it.

You can personalize this method using any kind of oil you want (I suggest olive oil because it doesn't clog pores) and depending on your skin type adjust the amount you apply. I have oily skin so after spraying my face I apply 2 drops of evoo . That keeps the moisture in and gives your skin vitamin E and other essential nutriens.

Just try it. your skin will love you for that

on 8/23/2010 7:14:00 AM

Its super hot where I live, and I face is easy to get red and greasy. This spray helps me to calm and clean my skin. I like it.

on 8/21/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Didn't see a difference with this and any other canned water sprays like Evian. Felt nice on my skin but thats all. Saw no difference in my pores, skintone, oiliness. I'll probably use the rest up on my body after exercise.

on 8/20/2010 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know what it does with my skin, I can't see anything good or bad, so i only use this when my skin is not that good, and it can always make my skin calm down during those time

on 8/14/2010 8:27:00 PM

I'm hooked on the Avene line in general and this spray of Avene water in a can is no exception. Can be used before and after moisturizing, after applying make up, during the hot days of summer and long days of winter when skin is dry due to home heating systems and harsh outdoor weather. Leaves my face hydrated and comfortable. Will never be without and thank you, skin care board for the numerous rec's.

on 8/12/2010 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff. I dont know if it actually is doing anything, but it is so refreshing. It really feels great right after a hot shower.

Popular Face Skincare Products