September 2, 2014 | 1199 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by LHartford

Search for the perfect undereye concealer is over...this stuff ROCKS!
I wear NARS Ceylan Sheer Glow foundation and got this in Vanilla (even though the MUA suggested Custard).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish this would conceal my dark under eye circles more but so far it's the best concealer I've used. But later on I saw it accentuated the lines, etc so I don't think I'll buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by persprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure why this has such great reviews. I've seen it raved about in magazines (along with Larger than Life eyeliner, which you can see my feelings for if you look at my review) several times since I bought both in March.

I don't wear foundation, as I don't really need it. However, my dark circles and a couple of recent acne scars really do need some concealer. I'm a fan of Clinique's airbrush one, but I'd run out of it and just decided to try this out after I got made up. My main problem is that it's so thick that it literally just won't blend. It feels like pancake makeup I hear about them using on movie sets. When I cover an acne scar up, this looks like a patch on my face. I always try to vigorously to blend soo much that it ends up rubbing off and obviously defeating the purpose. I've tried taking a tiny bit from the applicator and rubbing it on my finger before applying, but that doesn't work well either. The girl who did my makeup gave me Honey. It's not a perfect match, but not bad. However, I feel like even if I had it custom made to match my skin, this concealer still wouldn't blend properly. Ew

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by shellzfoshizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I normally am a MAC girl but here lately, their products, more-so concealer just haven't been doing it for me. I know they are known for having a wide range of colors and various concealers but none of them really "did it" for me. I've tried Studio Fix, Studio Select, ProLongWear, and Mineralize concealer with MAC and never felt like I had my HG concealer. I've been matched with a NC45 and NW45 at MAC before. I went with NARS. I had my eye on this for a while and went to Sephora to try it out myself.

COLOR: They have 10 shades to choose from. I picked up Caramel (medium dark yellow and golden undertones) and Amande (medium dark with golden olive undertones) and went with Amande. It's the perfect match for my skin. Perfect. I always wear concealer around my eyes due to genetic bags/puffiness and here + there on my cheeks and around my mouth thanks to acne scarring/blemishes. This covers all that right up. I don't do the whole highlighting thing but I guess Caramel would be the second color to get if you wanted to brighten the under eye area.

PRODUCT: It's creamy, blend-able and dries to a somewhat matte like texture. I've been having bad breakouts lately so there are a lot of places on my jaw line and cheeks that need concealing. This does the job so well, I see no need for foundation. I wore it for about 9 hours and saw no creasing.

PACKAGING: Clear tube with doe-foot applicator. Black Matte Cap. I have acne prone skin and very particular about any and everything that touches my face so I have to be careful about cleanliness and clogging my pores. I will be applying this directly from the applicator to my clean fingers and then dabbing on my face to conceal to be even more sanitary. I have extremely oily skin and don't want to contaminate what's in the tube with oil, dirt and bacteria. I still prefer my concealer to be in a applicator-like tube over a squirt tube, bottle or pot (i.e. Mac). It's less messy and easier to apply that way.

PRICE: It's $28 in Sephora. I paid a $30.some change after tax.

OVERALL: I consider this a high end concealer, and $30 is the most I've ever paid. The price is a little steep but you pay for what you get. It's definitely worth it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, and it's all been said, but I do want to add a couple things for my fellow dry skinned ladies who are having problems with this. When I use this I apply Tarte eye cream and let set for about ten minutes. Then I apply Urban Decay Primer Potion under my eyes. I apply this concealer in about five dots forming a triangle and lightly blend with my fingertips. Then I spray the tip of a dampened beauty blender with UD All Nighter and blend thoroughly with that. Once that dries, I set it with Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge and bam! Flawless, radiant under eyes that last for twelve hours (no joke). And I never have a problem with dryness! Try this method, you'll never go back!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good, but not excellent product. I would buy again.

Pros:
- Very good at covering dark under eye areas.
- Lasts most of the day, it starts to fade slowly and evenly by early evening.
- Easy to work with creamy but not at all greasy texture, and doesn't set too quickly which allows me time to blend it around my eyes, and build coverage.
- Good range of shades.
- Gentle on my sensitive skin

Cons:
- Wish it was a little bit more moisturising as I have very dry skin.
- Pricey
- Sponge tip applicator can be unhygienic. I would personally use it within 6 months then buy a new one even if there is product left.

The shade vanilla is surprisingly darker than it looks on the surface of the packaging. I first purchased the lightest shade (Chantilly) but it was a tad too light, so i bought the next shade darker (vanilla), and mixed the two shades when applying - two small dabs of Chantilly and one small dab of vanilla, then I just blend with my finger, works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly (the palest shade) and the shade is perfect for my pastey white skin. The tone is neutral-yellow which brightens the under eye area much better than if it had been the yellow-yellow tone of the complementing Nars Sheer Glow foundation in Siberia. This yellow-neutral based tone will correct violet to purple coloured dark circles, so if you have blue coloured dark circles (like me), a thin layer of red/ red-orange tint from a lipstick/stain or cream blush will prep the area to be corrected thoroughly.
Eye area:
My under eye area is dry but as long as i moisturize this area well at day (but not heavily to increase creasing) and night, it will glide well and not cling to dry skin. It will cling to mild flakey/ flakey skin here if untreated and will collect into a strong crease on oily lids so i use it to cover unevenness on the brow bone and not as a shadow primer on the lid itself. I use this concealer with a brush to blend the product out into the rest of my foundation first and then pat more on just on the dark circles with the brush to increase coverage in layers. Afterwards i blend under the lash line with fingers to warm and spread the concealer, then powder with a non drying powder to prevent creasing. This product claims to be crease proof yet it still can a little, however it creases much less than any other concealer i have tried. This can cover my very bad hereditary dark circles, but full coverage can take a while if you have used a sheer foundation on this area to begin with.
Face area:
This product works brilliantly on spots by patting on the concealer and blending edges out with a dome shaped brush.This also covers redness very well. This will cling on untreated/ unexfoliated skin, but will last on oily areas if powdered/ oil controlled throughout the day. Can very very very slightly emphasize very deep pores, but this is only visible if you search in a mirror up close like a crazy person (like me lol).

Overall i'd recommend this concealer for all skin types and all degrees of coverage needed as long as you moisturize, exfoliate and powder to allow it to adhere the best it can.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is the first concealer I have bought in years. Literally haven't bought one since the school days of Rimmel lipstick shaped ones!
So anyway, I gave in and bought one to cover the old spot/spot scar that I have and i LOVE it.
The wand makes it easy to get exactly where you need it, creamy and blends in well - I set with a little powder.
The seems to be a decent colour range, I'm about an NW15 and was matched with Vanilla which is perfect.
I don't know if it would be that great for under eyes (one of the few things I don't have to deal with!) as it seems quite thick to me - but when I did pat it in that area to cover a spot on my cheek bone, a friend commented that she thought it would work very well.
I think it's quite expensive at £20 (Space NK) but you need so little that I think it will last forever!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by manalchowd22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My search for the perfect concealer has been long and expensive - and for now it has come to a stop. (Note, Wayne Goss got me here.)

I think this concealer is pretty good in terms of coverage although as the day wears on, it does fade away. I would set it with powder, but unfortunately the concealer itself dries out my eyes, so with powder, its like the grand canyon.

It does crease as well. But in comparison to other concealers I've tested and tried (MAC Studio Finish, MAC Select Moisture Cover, MUFE full cover, Bobbi Brown color corrector), I do think it creases much less. Just make sure after it dries (5-10mins), you run a brush over it to blend it in.

Other than that, I have no complains. It blends in beautifully (matches my skin tone very well) and with moisturizing eye cream or primer underneath, it's almost perfect for a person who has seriously dry skin and dark circles like me :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by irinan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used it as an under eye concealer and got a very bad itchy reaction. My eyelids became puffy and swollen. The coverage lasts for an hour ... going back to the store

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No