August 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by manalchowd22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My search for the perfect concealer has been long and expensive - and for now it has come to a stop. (Note, Wayne Goss got me here.)

I think this concealer is pretty good in terms of coverage although as the day wears on, it does fade away. I would set it with powder, but unfortunately the concealer itself dries out my eyes, so with powder, its like the grand canyon.

It does crease as well. But in comparison to other concealers I've tested and tried (MAC Studio Finish, MAC Select Moisture Cover, MUFE full cover, Bobbi Brown color corrector), I do think it creases much less. Just make sure after it dries (5-10mins), you run a brush over it to blend it in.

Other than that, I have no complains. It blends in beautifully (matches my skin tone very well) and with moisturizing eye cream or primer underneath, it's almost perfect for a person who has seriously dry skin and dark circles like me :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by irinan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used it as an under eye concealer and got a very bad itchy reaction. My eyelids became puffy and swollen. The coverage lasts for an hour ... going back to the store

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read all the good reviews about this product and decided to give it a try. A try because I ran out of my Giorgio Armani concealer and it is hard to get, and because of the good reviews.

The texture is creamy and will dry fast after applying it. It is also highly pigmented so you won't need much product, which is great for the price you pay ($29).

I wore it for 3 days. And the first 1 hour it always looked good and flawless under my eyes. It makes my face look airbrushed and truly covers up dark circles without looking unnatural. So, your under eye area will look beautiful, bright, and flawless. BUT, after 1 hour I always found that it started to look very dry and emphasize my fine lines and wrinkles. Not just that, but my under eye area would start to feel dry and tight.
Maybe it is just me who has that problem. So this is definitely gonna be a return.

It is too bad, because the color I chose, the packaging, and the application are all so perfect. The only problem is that dryness that it gives to my under eye area.

I hope others have better luck with it, and remember, first try it out and then decide if you want to buy it or not. It can save you a trip.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by suzieo123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best concealers I've ever tried. Normally, I wear Cle De Peau and spend 80 bucks every year to replace. I decided to try something new and read the reviews of this as I was purchasing my Nars Blush in Madly. Wow - bought Custard and applied with a concealer brush. No powder needed for me - staying power is amazing. I will toggle between Cle De Peau in Beige and this is Custard. Eye cream is Kinerase - perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Georginaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*Update (Dec 2013): Ok ladies I've used this for a couple of months and I realized that it does give a little bit of dry patches under the eyes. Have to be honest with this. But it only happens when my undereyes are SUPER dry (let's blame the cold, dry weather) and it's still one of the best concealers I've used so far. Problem can be solved by applying a thicker eye cream beforehand.
-------------------------------------------
HAHA.
Don't worry, I'm not crazy. I just got too excited because I think I've found my HG concealer!
I have scarily dark (hereditary) eye circles and I'm painfully searching for a nice concealer that does the job. I heard so many beauty gurus rave about this concealer and I ran to try this out.
You might wonder why I didn't use Bobbi Brown's corrector + concealer combo. Answer here: the skin around my eyes are really dry so they give me horrible dry lines and even patches. I tried for a few times, with or without awesome eye cream....and then I just gave up.

I've tried to do one eye with NARS creamy concealer, and the other with the Bobbi Brown combo. I've set both eyes with powder. [Comparison below]

NARS:
- More creamy and moisturizing
- Does NOT crease (ohhhh my thank you)
- No funny patches
- Very natural color (I used the shade Custard)
- Lasting power is alright
- P.S. can be used around the red areas of the nose, and it won't cause the skin around the nose to be flaky like some concealers do (I've heard some beauty bloggers say that they don't use concealers around the "red" nose areas since they couldn't cover them without giving a patchy finish)
- Have not tried it on blemishes so I'm not sure about that (will update later if I do!)
- The only con: the coverage isn't 100%. I would say around 80%.

Bobbi Brown:
- It settles into fine lines a MINUTE after application. Brush or no brush, cream or no cream, powder or no powder.
- BUT: great coverage (I would say around 95%!) if you ignore that dry patches and lines (i.e. if some of you don't have dry skin you may opt for the BB one for fuller coverage). My eye bags are literally GONE.

Conclusion: dry skin/want natural look/ not have extremely dark eye circles = go for NARS (if you agree with any of the above points). Or else go for Bobbi Brown.

Longest review I've written so far, really hope it helps all of you who are struggling with concealers like me!

(Wanted to start a beauty blog but would like a bit of feedback from my posts here first so I can further improve - pls rate if you find this helpful or unhelpful! Thanks so much for the feedback so far, I really appreciate it xx)

33 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mdaustin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my go-to concealer for a while now. The pigment and texture are just great . If I have one complaint its that coverage is only average. Overall, this is definitely one concealer that's worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Sweet4Me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this concealer at Sephora for $28

I had read so many good reviews of this concealer and I decided to take the bullet and purchase this product because the color Chantilly was perfect for my fair skin.

This concealer is creamy, super blendable, does not crease, is brightening and lasts all day(FYI I always set all my concealers with powder)

The color selection seems good for fair and dark skintones as well as everything in between. The packaging is very sleek and easy to use.

I think this is my favorite new concealer! I would definitely recommend this product! It's expensive but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love Love Love - PERFECT for UNDER the eyes.....(explain below)

First off, Girls with minimal lines in eyes you will love this!!!

I use to wear custard in the stick but got matched for my under eyes to this in honey. Please note: Honey DOES NOT match my skin, it's too orange but under the eyes is PERFECT! If the SA would not have color matched me, I would have gone with Custard and it would not have worked, so TRY TRY TRY the Honey as it covers over undereyes more efficiently then custard. I have read it is comparable to Girgio Armani corrector - retails for $20 more - because of the orange tint cancels out circles.

I have found it my HG concealer. I was using EL smoothing cream but the tone of Honey is perfect for my under my eyes, no settling of lines just beautiful and radiant skin. Highly recommend and will def repurchase

Update - Still loving, bought my second tube....this is a winner. (I am super curious about Armani Corrector #2 though....so when i run out of this I will check that out, as well as Illamasqua skin base lift for face.)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by kw123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried on custard in a sephora and ended up buying it because it did a good job covering up my dark circles. The only problem I have with this product is that it seems to settle into the tiny wrinkles under my eye, more specifically right under the inner corner. It looks fine from a far, but when i look really close in the mirror i can see it. Maybe it's just my skin, but I'm going to keep experimenting with different products. Compared to my previous concealer, the revlon colorstay under eye concealer, it's definitely an upgrade. I would still purchase again just because it's a pretty good concealer overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Bought this product instead of the ysl concealer because I was sick of paying so much money. I'm actually a huge fan of this concealer, it brightens the skin under my eyes and you can really notice the difference. It covers my few blemishes without caking!! I think the price isn't too bad either, and the packaging is easy to take in your purse. Only downside I thought was that I had to keep re-applying when I went out the other night because it was wearing off, but definitely recommend buying this