December 22, 2014 | 1888 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by KitKatKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have the raspberry one. My lips have been really dry for the past few weeks - pregnancy and the cold British weather have wrecked havoc on my lips. After trying several balms and still having sore, dry, cracked and peeling lips, I decided to try this. The scent is lovely (like raspberry) and when applied there is a *very* subtle pink hue to my lips. It doesn't feel sticky or tacky or greasy on my lips at all. Instantly my lips feel softer and soothed. I apply this usually at night time and when I wake up, my lips are in much better condition. I've used this for about a week now and my lips are no longer peeling or bleeding or cracked. It gives a subtle sheen to the lips and makes them look moist and supple. It's affordable too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by projectRun

This product is my holy grail and a hunt it was to find it! I use to jump from different lip products such as the Rose Bud Salve, EOS, Soft lips, carmax, blistex and I have to say the Nivea Lip Butter wins my heart. I have a problem with dry lips as I have my entire life. It gets to the point where it is constantly peeling and it's just gross to the point where applying lipsticks was a no no due to how chapped they were. Many of the products I have used in the past have simply only added a layer of the product onto my lips and as soon as it wore off, my lips were being back to chapped and possibly even worse than what I started with! However the Nivea Lip Butter does not just sit on top of your lips but they actually absorb the product. I noticed a difference in my lips after a day. It has a texture of a creamy substance and the smell of it is absolutely wonderful. So far, I have tried the Vanilla & Macadamia one, it smells delicious similar to warm vanilla sugar! The package is adorable, a small tin can. Although the tin can does throw me off a little because of the idea of digging my fingers in it seems unsanitary to me. It has been a week since I been using the product and my lips have been softer than ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by denns

These are wonderful! I have the three scented ones and they taste/smell just as good as everyone says. Raspberry has a tart raspberry smoothie scent, caramel smells just like caramel popcorn and the vanilla scent is a creamy, nutty vanilla (although the macadamia isn't too strong). I usually have trouble diligently using lip balms, but these taste so good that I'm always looking for an excuse to put them on. I'm not the biggest fan of the raspberry (its a little tart for my liking), but I keep it in my car and use it occasionally.

These lip butters are VERY hydrating. I really hate gimmicky lip products that taste/smell nice but don't do much for the lips. These are manufactured in Germany (not Mexico like many Nivea products in the US are) and very well made. Hopefully they come out with a convienient stick formula with these scents - I dont love dipping my finger into a pot but it's not the worst. Overall I definitely recommend these, especially the sweeter scents to anyone loves foodie or sweet scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by kennaem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After a long search, I finally found these at my CVS. I bought the three scented ones and the raspberry one is my favorite. It smells EXACTLY like Swedish Fish! Which are my favorite candy. Overall I LOVE them!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by thea214

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's alright. Average. The Raspberry one smells sort of like blueberry Jolly Ranchers. The lid is easy to take off. I just don't like how it leaves my lips whitish. Anyway, it works like any other lip butter/treatment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Biggest…letdown…ever :( I hate to be the downer here, but I just did not like this product. Maybe my expectations were just too high, but this didn’t look or perform as well as I wanted it to. But first for the positives- the little tin is just charming, and you get a lot of product for the price. And the smell is divine- I have the Raspberry Rose, and whoever said that it smells/tastes like raspberry ‘Mamba’ candy hit the nail on the head, because that was immediately what I thought of, too! But now for the negatives- I don’t like the opaque-ish milky pink color. No matter how little I apply it still looks too white/pale/uneven on my lips. So that limits its use to a nightly treatment for me. It makes my lips feel soft and moisturized as long as its on my lips, but it doesn’t really have any lasting benefits for me. Granted, its not bad, and its not drying or anything, but I just expected something ‘more’. I can easily think of at least a half-dozen other nightly lip treatments I prefer to this one. I am glad it worked well for others (and it has good ingredients that my lips usually love) but it just didn’t come together for me. I bought the Vanilla & Macadamia scent/flavor as well, but most likely I’ll sell/swap/give it away, as I doubt the formula & performance would differ. I bought these at CVS (in the skin care aisle) for 2.50 a piece on sale, which was a reasonable price, though I would not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by twistlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not sure if i like this or not. I got the vanilla one . It smelled very good , but it didn't taste like vanilla . i was hoping it did.
The moisturizing part is good , didn't reapply for 2 and a half hours , the bad part is there is petroleum in it . That i don't like in lip products gives me breakouts around my lips if i use them for 3 days straight. That's what happened with this , i also like stick lip balms not pots, i have to buy a lip brush if i want to keep using it. tried of applying it with my finger. I'll use the rest , but wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I have purchased this lip butter (twice...nothing is a good enough backup, IMO) in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss. No matter how chapped my lips are, I only need a touch of it to smooth them and soften peeling flakes.

It does build up a white sheen if I reapply too often, but blotting takes that right away. That's a tiny negative, since sometimes I want to make sure that my lips are coated at all times! (The whiteness is probably due to the titanium dioxide which hopefully adds some SPF protection, even though it's not advertised to provide SPF.)

It's very smooth and silky with a 'sheen' instead of a 'gloss'. There's absolutely no stickiness to this whatsoever. It's more firm in the tin than other Nivea products, but not so firm that you need to scrape it or smush it to get enough out, as with more waxy lip butters.

It doesn't leave a drying buildup and leave my lips sapped for moisture like other petroleum products. It does have petrolatum, but it also has Castor and Sweet Almond oils as well as Shea butter. (Castor bean/seed oil may have many uses, but it really is an amazing skin product. Seeing it on the ingredient list is actually made me willing to look past the petrolatum!)

"Flavor" is listed in the ingredients, but I feel like it's just scented and not actually flavored.

It was just under $4.00 a tin at CVS, but the tin comes absolutely filled to the brim. With the small amount needed for application, I see this lasting months! The only drawback is that now I want to go back and buy the other 3 formulas!

They could have called this "Lip Lotion" or "Lip Creme", and "heavenly" should be used to describe it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by cendana

Applies white if not careful and if too thickly, but I like using a cotton tip to apply this and really roll the tip to every crook and cranny and crevices of my lips. So far has been helping my lips stay moisturised and bye bye chapping/peeling/bleeding lips!

They sit comfortably with a slip, a grip, but not overly sticky or disgusting. They almost like a treatment feel on the lips, I like using this at night time or at home, and under lipsticks.

Have this in unscented and vanilla/macadamia. The vanilla/macadamia is surprisingly a new favourite now despite it having a scent, but the scent does not linger much or up-your-nose too much. Which is great.

Keeps the lips ready to be kissed! Thumbs up!

For those worry about it being pure/natural, this is not marketed as such. So if you are concerned about it, this does contain Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Castor Oil.
Titanium dioxide (Cl 77891) as the white colorant in the Unscented, and Iron oxide (Cl 77492) as the yellow colorant in the Vanilla/Macadamia.

Both contain Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) and Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii Butter), for those interested.

Giving it the thumbs up just because for its price and its value range, can't really complain much. It softens my lips and I am enjoying the emollient consistency of both flavours.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Edit on 2/1/2013: After using this for a week, its reached HG status. My dry lips are plumped out and healthy. And the smell and feel make it fun to use!

This is a great lip butter with a gorgeous texture and smell. I have the raspberry rose lip balm and it is sheer but lightens lips just a teeny bit. It can look white/waxy if too much is used. It also gives a healthy sheen as mentioned in the review below, nowhere close to a gloss but very natural and quite lovely. I hope they bring out tinted lip butters next. I find it more moisturising than my revlon lip butter.

I use my HG Burts bees lip balm first and then apply this on top to seal in the moisture. My terribly dry, chapped lips are looking moisturised and healthy, which is quite rare for me.