October 22, 2014 | 1070 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

why fork over the money for such a seemingly boring palette? I suppose if your makeup collection is comparable to a sephora then by all means, skip this guy. however, if you're like me, I have a moderate amount of makeup at my disposal. to give you an idea, I have 3 (all relatively small) makeup palettes and that's all the eye shadow I pretty much own. this brings up the total count to 4 and it is PERFECT.

you have colors to highlight, blend out and darken any look. the formula from UD's eyeshadow is always on the mark. very slight powdery poofs come off from the 3 lighter shades but it's nothing to mark this palette off for. the lightest 3 colors are still buttery soft to the touch.

call me boring but I love my neutrals. I don't want to smear the freaking rainbow all over my eyes. I want my browns, taupes, vanilla and sand colors. this palette compliments every other eyeshadow color that I own. it even is an amazing standalone palette as well.

I really held off at getting this guy because I was just so unimpressed initially. Such a dupable item can be deemed passable. I did notice in my collection I was missing a fair amount of matte colors. on top of that sephora recently had their 15% voucher for VIBs so this was my time to snag it without paying full price.

for about $24 I got 6 colors that I would ALWAYS go for. not one color in this palette will go unloved. $4 a piece for an urbandecay eyeshadow? FREAKING AMAZING :D

blends easily, pigmented, need I say more?

like I said before, you can skip this guy if your makeup collection is inordinately massive. but for your average makeup-loving college girl like me, this has a spot in my collection. totally recommend.

EDIT 4/26/13 ----

oh man I love this palette even more now, just thought I'd share my current eyeshadow look - use MAC paint pot in Eclair then layer faint right over it with crave to darken my lashline. use WOS to blend it out and BAM! amazing brown smokey eyes<3 love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

a small brush would have made this a perfect 5 lippie.. but, I take what I can get. This small palette is all I need now for my travels and to do my eyes in the neutrals which I have come to adopt and love. Shimmer, sheen do not work on me except at night -- and then only sometimes. The colours in this palette are subtle and work together well. they talk softly but carry a big stick to make me look better but not overly made up.

for the number of shadows, this is relatively cheap.

will buy a back up. just because.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by andreatexi

Let me just say it was a battle decision with myself to buy this palette just because I already have many palettes at home and was wondering if this was worth it.. Well let me tell you IT WAS WORTH IT. Wow absolutely amazing palette and I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY! It is so perfect for a natural, everyday look which is perfect for me cause that's all I ever want to do. All my palettes have shimmer so this is my first Matte palette. ( only 1 color is shimmer which is Verve but its a gorgeous highlight color ) ... The looks you can create with it are gorgeous and sometimes I even pair it up with my naked palette. It's a staple in my everyday regimen and I would reccomend it to anyone who loves to have a natural look for everyday wear. Some say this would be expensive.. I think I paid a little over $30 for it at sephora but u get what u pay for. It ranges about $5 for the 6 eyeshadows you get so I think it's a good deal :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Sanjibab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette was an impulse buy and I'm so glad that I did buy it as it was also 10% off. It may only be a few colours but you can create different looks whether for a daytime look or a evening! You can also use the dark brown for your eyebrows. Perfect for people who like their neutrals and also keeping it simple!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Trinity675

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of those palettes that I looked at several times in store before I finally gave in and purchased. It just seems so BORING when you see it next to all the other shiny, sparkly gorgeousness in Sephora or Ulta, even thought you know it will be a workhorse.

That it is: a workhorse. I use this palette pretty much every day and I'm developing sizable dips in several of the shades. This is perfect for a neutral everyday look or a dramatic dark smoky eye. Naked and Faint are also great brow colors!!

My favorite look with this palette: Walk of Shame or Foxy as a base (or mix and apply as a base), a dark brown eyeliner (like UD Demolition) on upper lash line and outer half of lower lash line, smudge with Naked and/or Faint. Blend like crazy. Venus on the inner corner. That's it!! So easy and a nice natural-ish look.

As it's already been discussed in every other review, the size and packaging are fantastic for travel. I rarely bring any other palettes besides this one. I find this is really all I need because when I'm on vacation, I find myself caring less about getting ready and more about getting out and having fun.

Overall: I love this little guy!! I would not want to be without it! The quality is wonderful and while it's not a showstopper in store, it quickly becomes that underrated workhorse you count on every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Soffy

So much has been said already so I'll summarize. For reference I am NC10-15 with warm undertones, green eyes, blonde hair and tendency to looking tired.

Good; This palette contains both a perfect highlightshade (Venus) and a great black that I have found works well for both tightlining, eyeliner and normal shadow. The pigment in all shadows appears true to pan for me.

Bad; the shadows *are* slightly chalky/powdery (most prominent with the mattes, Venus is a bit creamier) and therefore product can go to waste. I use the shadows over UDPP and have had a bit of trouble with blending them. Luckily they work well together as the traditional "lid-crease-highlight" combination so if you're used to applying eyeshadow the dry texture shouldn't be any *big* problem.

Long story short, it's a very convenient palette (I hate singles) but you could get shadows that are better quality/more buttery. I would buy again because I like the backaging and having highlighter+lid colour+liner in the same palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a bad product persay, but after getting over the hype it's just meeeh to me. Quality of the shadows is pretty nice, in regards to blending and pigmentation. When I tap my brush on it though, a lot of product becomes loose, more than I need. Not really a big deal. My gripe with this is the assortment of shadows. I really only use Naked 2, faint, and sometimes Walk of Shame. I have enough blacks, and Foxy is in my Naked 2. Also, it's really hard to open.

I don't regret buying it, but if it ran out, I would just find a MAC eyeshadow similar to naked2.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by HeartsConsent

I bought this a couple weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it. The colors are very vibrant and you don't have to use very much. I didn't like that it was so pricey, but then again, it comes with the quality. The packaging was really cute and soft. I wished I could have gotten the bigger palettes, but I didn't have the money for it. It's the basics and they're very useful. The eyeshadows also feel really soft, which I love.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I've had some time to work with this and compare it to other matte palettes. I do not feel it's worth buying. It's simply not a good matte palette for the price. Urban Decay is relying on the people who loved both Naked palettes to buy it. There are too many light shades, no variety of mid tone shades, and the darkest shadows are tough to work with (much like a stubborn MAC matte). That's because pigments can change the texture of a formula drastically. I don't doubt that some people love it because it's convenient for them, but I do doubt that they're using all of these shades on a regular basis. The Sonia Kashuk and Lorac Pro are better, the SK is cheaper, and both have more variety for your money. Some people have also mentioned their shadows are popping out of the pan, and this is a cheap plastic case for almost $30. They kept it at $27 because that price sounds better, but with taxes it's basically $30.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by nishanarayan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really well priced. The colours are well pigmented and you dont need a lot of product to build up. Blends well, lasts long, even without a primer underneath.

Nice compact packaging. The only problem I had was that the colours were a bit too cool for my liking - this is just a personal thing due to my skin tone, I would prefer warmer tones. very good eyeshadows qualitywise though, and colours are just a matter of opinion.