Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/16/2013 9:39:00 PM

This is a fantastic everyday palette. The colors are amazing for making the most of my blue eyes. I really like matte shadows for casual days or for paring with a bright lip. The quality is excellent and the packaging is elegant, compact and sturdy. Sure you can find less expensive dupes, but honestly I think this is a fabulous value. Every color is high quality and very wearable. There isn't a bad one in the bunch. If you love neutral matte eyeshadow save yourself time, money, and storage space by picking up this pallet.

on 9/14/2013 11:38:00 PM

This palette was not what I expected it to be. It seemed very nice and I really liked the packaging but when I tried the colors on my eyes, they were not very appealing and it did not reach my expectations at all. I have another eyeshadow palette that is even more pigmented and lasts all day than the colors in this palette and it costs much less. I am not satisfied with this product.

Love it amazing colors!!! Must buy for all makeup fanatics

on 9/11/2013 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I will have to agree with the below reviewer and say "Urban Decay, you've done it again" I own the Naked One palette, and love it. However it just so big to travel with. This is compact and the perfect set of shades. They are super pigmented, a little goes a long way with these - Just like any other Urban Decay eye shadow. I actually find myself using this way more than anything else - I am sorry Naked One, you're just too big and bulky for me to carry. This gives such a great nude eye, to a slight smokey eye to a very dark smokey eye. The colours are so versatile, and build able. Definitely give this a try! You won't regret it.

on 9/5/2013 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

URBAN DECAY YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!! I own all 3 Naked Palettes and love them all. This has to be my favorite just because of the matte look for every day simple smokey eyes. I usually use this on top of the original primer potion or smashbox's photo finish eyeshadow primer. The shadows are all very pigmented which is a huge problem for me since I have tan to medium brown skin. Some shadows don't have good color pay off on my skin but NO PROBLEMS HERE. And even though $30 for eyeshadow isn't really "cheap", you get 6 beautiful colors that last a very long time. I LOVE IT!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Super portable, I hesitated for a long time because I already own the other Naked palettes and this seemed like sort of a waste of time. However, this has everything I need to put together a perfectly blended neutral eye and I use five out of the six shades each day when I do my make up. When I saw that it was a Basics palette I was underwhelmed, thinking the shades would be boring and unimpressive. When you work them together with some simple black liner however, "basic" becomes very beautiful indeed! Just wish it didn't cost so much because it is more per shadow than the other Naked palettes and I feel that's a little cheeky, UD!

on 9/1/2013 6:16:00 PM

This is a really cute palette for travel and for everyday. I can see a lot of people using this as a pick me up since the colors are so easy to blend and can be super natural and glammed up looking. The only thing I would say is that the color range is poor - there are 4 highlighter and blending shades and only 2 defining/darker shades. I think it should be 3/3 or maybe a better gradient. I also don't think there needed to be 2 blending shades that look almost identical except for the undertone but they look identical on the face. Venus is a pretty color for highlight and to add some shine on the lids as well and of course the matte dark brown and blacks are gorgeous! It's a good palette but I think I personally would not buy it again and just buy the individual colors that I want instead of the palette since the range is really poor.

on 8/28/2013 9:15:00 PM

I'm not overly fond of the packaging, I find it hard to open (though it could just be mine in particular) But other than that one small detail, I love this palette.

The colors are all highly pigmented and buttery smooth. The don't go on chalky at all, and they blend like a dream. This palette is perfect for any woman who works in an office, all of these shades are appropriate.

All of these shades are matte, with the exception of Venus which has a bit of a frost to it.
I was hoping UD would release a palette that wasn't loaded with glitter, and this palette really answered my prayers. I much prefer this over the original Naked palette (I can't compare to naked 2, i skipped that one. Wasn't very fond of it) and wish I had just skipped the original naked and bought this. There may only be six shadows but they are all extremely wearable, and just beautiful. I highly recommend this palette to fair skinned ladies, you can easily go from a natural day look to a smokey eye with this one little thing.

Wonderful!

Love this stuff! All matte (except for Venus) and easy for everyday use! All the colours are very pigmented with the exception of Venus. The poor little guy is the only non-matte & not very pigmented one. Feel bad for the guy! Only downside is the packaging! Opening it does take some time. Overall great! Love it for travel, smaller than my phone! Would repurchase :-)

on 8/21/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe how awful this palette is. The colors are pigmented, but they look chalky on my skin. I've tried several combinations of colors, and no matter what, they bring out the sallow tones in my skin and make me look tired. These colors make my eyes look flat and dirty. Even the two pink-toned colors are unflattering. I think thus is a good value and will work for fairer skinned ladies. My olive skin with neutral undertones is not a good match for these shadows. I gave it two lippies for being a good value and pigmentation. Otherwise, I dislike this palette immensely and will exchange it for something else.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED
The Nudes
The Nudes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products