October 30, 2014 | 1714 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by xxgetaway

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the light coverage, matte finish and magic beads in this BB Cream at first but it ended up clogging my pores so bad after a week of irregular use. So sad I have to give it up.

I paid twenty-something for it in Australia, what a waste.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by stls

Another BB failure here. I triend a sample but looked so terrible that I threw it away. Didn't like the grainy feel at first, the orange color and the fact that it sets super fast so you have to blend really quicky or it will look uneven/ cakey. Sheer/ medium coverage and matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by thebandit1984

I've been using the "Fair" shade of this BB cream for about a month and I like it a lot. It provides sheer coverage but is buildable. The finish is very natural and matte, but not chalky, and it doesn't accentuate dry patches. I found it was very easy to blend and matches my fair skin very well. I have relatively fair skin (I usually use classic ivory or nude beige in L'Oreal products) and this matched perfectly probably because it is so sheer and blendable. I think it would work well for very fair women as well.

I tried the "Light" shade in the store and it was very dark and almost reddish. I wouldn't recommend that shade and therefore would only recommend this product if you have fair skin and get the "Fair" shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wanted this product to work out for me so badly. So much so that I even applied it over a primer! (pretty much defeating the purpose of this product, but I'll get to that in a moment).

I purchased this in the shade "Fair" and have never in my life had a shade of make-up match my skintone so perfectly (which is also the reason why I went to great lengths to get this product to agree with me!). The coverage is pretty good for being a drugstore BB; perfect for light coverage days, and enough under a good powder for times of medium coverage.

With all of that said: this product sank right into my pores (in the bad way) and highlighted every little dry patch on my face. It didn't matter if I applied this right after exfoliating and moisturizing, or over a primer, if there was even smidge of dryness on my face it was quick to stick right to it. This product also has zero moisturizing properties and dries far too quickly for my liking, resulting in some streaking if you don't spread it fast enough.

I am sad to say that after using 3/4's of the tube (and multiple experiments in applying) I just could not get this product to work for me. It does not deliver any of the promised effects of a 'BB cream', and seems to just be an overpriced tube of light coverage foundation. Very disappointing! Would be happy to re-visit L'oreal's BB line when/if they work in a decent moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

This product.. I truly did not enjoy this. I have acne prone skin with a few dots on my face and this product was a powder finish kind of product, and I found the product would really cake around my acne. I felt it made me look cakey in general! The price wasn't any better either! I paid $21 for it hoping it would work! But I would be cautious on this product.. Don't recommend it at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Katrinap0039

I tried this product to use for light coverage for days when I wanted to go for a natural look. I have oily skin and large pores. This filled in my pores and make it look a bit more even, however the color was not right for my skin. I used the fair blend on my fair/medium skin. I am hoping to try this again in the summer when I am a little darker. I am also used to mineral powder makeup, but this is not one of my favorites for liquid.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Bethl12

I have medium light skin with a lot of sun damage. This product evens things out without looking like a foundation. It's so smooth and light! The colour is great on my skin, thank goodness.

Only thing missing is SPF!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by AnzisAmazing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its funny that the same thing i disliked about this cream when i first purchased it is now what i looove, which is its gritty/rough texture. I find now that it dries matte, with light to med coverage. This cream allows me to use minimal foundation. I actually use my foundation more like a concealer with this cream because it blends so nicely. I only have some redness on my cheeks so thats where i put a few drops of foundation. Im thrilled with the way my skin looks paired with my loreal true match foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by melissamentor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will absolutely buy it, I use color LIGHT and I bought it on impulse just like all other stuff, but how wonderful it works for my skin! It smoothes out all lines, it gives me glow and blends great, it covers stuff without being any cakey, I love it, I just wish it would have spf. I use retinol products and need spf, so I will look for BB cream with spf. I am definitely in love with BB creams

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Rebekah85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, to start, I am a dedicated foundation girl. I do full face make up every day. I have combo/oily skin that ranges from really fair to tan, depending on if I have been tanning. Let's face it though, some days we just don't have the time or energy to do ALL that make up routine. So I went on the search for a BB cream that would offer at least a little coverage to help me look decent on my "off" days. I tried Garnier, I tried Olay, I tried Maybeline. I hated them all. Greasy, cakey, orange. Just gross. Finally I tried this one and I am impressed!! It comes out white with little grey balls full of color. As you rub it into your skin, the color starts to form. I purchased it in fair and when I am tanning, it matches me pretty perfectly. When I'm on the pale side, it is a tad too dark, but to me it isn't orange at all. It does a great job at covering my redness, especially when combined with a concealer first. I have found I don't have to use a powder after this, it sets nicely to a matte finish and stays all day. It truly makes me feel fresh and more awake looking and I use it on my lazy, 5 minute face days. First conceal, then this, then blush, highlighter and mascara and I'm done. It's great. My sister also purchased this and said she had trouble blending it, saying it dried before she was able to get it all over her face. I found that if I apply a little more then you'd think you would need and lightly smear it between your pointer and middle finger on each hand and then place some on your forehead, nose, cheeks and chin and then blend out, it does really well. Just make sure you blend well under your jaw and into your hairline. I am on the fence over one thing and that is that I have been breaking out recently. I only use this product twice or so a week and so it may very well be climate or stress related, as other reviews have stated it doesn't cause break outs, but who knows. I guess I'm not that worried because I have it on today lol. I saw a couple other reviews that complained about the packaging, saying that is spews out the end and fills the cap, I have not had this problem. I leave it open laying on my vanity while I am applying it and it hasn't leaked out once and my cap is completely clean, maybe it's just the customer making a mess? Not sure, but I have had no issues with the packaging. Over all I am really happy with this product and like it above every other BB Cream I have tried. I would purchase again and recommend it to friends and family. I just would suggest before giving this product a low rating to realize that it is a sheer coverage bb cream that isn't mean to cover all or even any of your blemishes. It simply is supposed to even out skin tone and BLUR blemishes by giving you an even face. I find it does those two things. So if you have a lot of blemishes, don't expect this to cover them. Use concealer too and you'll have better coverage, but this isn't a foundation and won't work like one. It does just what it says it will.