April 19, 2014 | 1833 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by bek72

I generally don't like transforming color anything. I bought this in fair. The level was fine and looked decent at first, but after an hour of wear, my skin looked ashen. The texture and moisturizing properties were good, but the color doesn't adjust to a flattering tone for me. I will stick to my regular foundation in the winter and tinted moisturizer in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by nathalierae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is great for daily use, as it is easy top apply, looks natural, feels natural, and is pretty long lasting. I wasn't sold on all the hype about bb creams, having tried several that had awful coverage and remained oily and didn't really dry. This one is great however. The coverage is light, but it really does improve the evenness and look of your skin. I recommend it if you prefer more lightweight feeling foundations. I really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Farunka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a primer, not very pigmented, gives a nice feeling to the skin but it looked white and with no coverage whatsoever, I prefer maybelline's BB cream to this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wasn't a fan. I purchased in fair, I received a sample of light and it ended up turning my skin bright orange. I found after a couple hours it did change color slightly, so I ended up returning it after a couple weeks. This was the first BB cream I purchased. I assumed that an all in one would have SPF, but of course this one does not. Packaging is alright, it is a squeeze tube bottle. Product is white with little beads in it. It applies well, blends evenly. I was able to add another layer to areas that are a bit more red without it looking cakey or heavy. Unfortunately, I did not think it lived up to the $14 CAD price tag. Maybelline and Rimmel offer BB creams that are less than $10 so I will be trying those next.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by eisonkristin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very fair skin and I have this fair. This is sometimes too dark and sometimes too light due to applications. I can't get it just right. Either way this isn't a great product for the price. I will not be repurchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all, I have been trying to find a drugstore alternative to my favorite Clinique tinted moisturizer which has been frustrating. I decided to try a BB cream, thinking that my very dry skin would appreciate a beauty balm since I've seen so many fantastic things about bb creams.

Here's my review: the packaging is great. It's very clean, simple squeeze tube much like what you would find at a department store. The product comes out whitish-gray...ick with granules. It's not grainy because the little granules dissolve but it's kind of scary at first. Upon application, it looked like zinc sunscreen on my fair skin. It was kind of streaky and felt very drying after about 10 minutes. After 1 hour, my skin looked flakey, cakey, and dry and a little too fair. The shade was definitely off and the rest of the day, my face felt so incredibly dry.

If you have the slightest dryness to your skin, stay away from this product. I totally wasted $10 on this crap and I have no idea how to use the rest because it is NOT going back on my face!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Horrible. I really want to like a BB cream, so I tried this. I feel like this is a tinted moisturizer. Little coverage, oily after one hour, and could not stand the feel of this on my skin,

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Magic Skin Beautifier shortly after I bought the Dream Fresh BB cream that Maybelline put out (which I like quite a bit) thinking it might be better or that I might luck out and find two awesome BB creams. I probably should have known better as I rarely like anything L'Oreal sells, but I was admittedly caught up in the BB cream mania.

I'll start with the good points. First, this comes in a spiffy looking bottle. It has nice graphics, color, etc. and kinda looks like it's not a drugstore brand (ie not cheap-o looking). Well done bottle designing people. Second, matching the color was super simple. I am downright dumb when it comes to matching foundation to my skin which is why I rarely buy drugstore foundations. This has virtually no guess work involved as there are four shades. I felt pretty proud of myself for once because I finally got it right. Of course, there's a hitch. There's always a hitch.

This BB cream is in a word, awful. It is incredibly runny and not even comparable to a tinted moisturizer let alone a balm. It's also on the gritty side. The grit, I presume, are those tiny little color adjusting beads that miraculously transform themselves into the color of your skin. Miraculous or not, they're still gritty little devils. I could let that go as the grit does subside once the product is worked into the skin, but this BB cream makes me look terrible. The coverage is a bit spotty and it causes my skin to dry out and peel. I've worn this on various occasions and each time I have experienced peeling around my nose, above my eyebrows and on my cheeks. I'm not talking about peeling after I've removed it, I'm talking peeling that happens while I'm walking around with this junk on my face. I've tried applying this under different scenarios (washed faced, slightly damp with moisturizer/exfoliated face, slightly damp with moisturizer/no moisturizer, etc.) and I still look like I'm molting. My skin also continues to peel for a day or two after I wear this so I'm guessing the grit is a little too harsh for my not-so-sensitive skin.

The real source of contention for me is that every time I wear this, I get those annoying little zits. They're not the screaming, honking type of zits that totally ruin my day, but those little gross ones that pop after a lip wax - contact dermatitis. They're easily pop-able and a minor annoyance but sort of embarrassing because you're walking around thinking you look semi-hot only to glance in a mirror to see a little white, pus-filled friend on your face. The first time this happened, I chalked it up to hormones or some conspiring, evil force. After the fifth time, I know it's the product. Granted, I do have acne prone skin but the majority of my break outs are caused by hormonal nuttiness or a failure to keep up my regimen of twice a day face washing. I don't know what ingredient is causing me to break out but whatever it is, it's consistent.

For me, this BB cream just isn't worth the hassle. It's not even good as a back up or a quick run-to-the-store kind of makeup because of the peel-y skin and break outs it causes. I was tempted to try the L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator, but I think I'm done with L'Oreal products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by kfyecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must admit I was a tad freaked when I applied this to my finger because it was a grayish white color but once blended it matched my skin tone perfectly. I purchased Medium and I have a light to medium skin tone with (brown) freckles. This covered up the red spots in the corners of my nose, and although I didn't need concealer, I still applied some just to play it safe. This does not cover up my freckles, but then again nothing does, but I did not notice my minimal wrinkles were diminished. I've read this oxidizes; however, I have not had this happen to me (thank goodness). I like a natural look and this makes me look natural yet made up. The only drawback is I do which there was more in the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by cenxo

I was skeptical about bb creams because I have such acne prone skin and acne scars to cover. I've been using it for two weeks and I can tell a huge difference in my skin. I use a dab of concealer under it and love the coverage! my acne scars look lighter and the tone and smoothness of my skin has improved and I've had hardly any bumps! definitely going to keep buying over and over! I was set in my foundation routine for years until I tried this!