March 2, 2015 | 1045 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2006 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Maria25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes...this blush does look like the scariest color EVER! It is a very bright red/orange color in the pan and looks down right intimidating. However, this is my new fave color to wear. I am not a fan of sparkly cheeks in any way, especially for a day time look...and this is the perfect matte finish blush.

I am an NC 35, brown hair and eyes...As bad as this will sound, I love the way my cheeks can look after I have spent a full day in the sun, all glowy, flushed and slightly red...This replicates that look on me almost exactly (minus the sun damage!)

The most important thing to remember is to use a LIGHT hand...I only use my 187 MAC brush to apply this...One little tap on the blush is enough, sometime for both cheeks.

Overall, a big thumbs up! I will be using this blush for a VERy long time!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!

This past weekend I tried this blush on my Mom, who is quite pale with blonde hair...Looked INCREDIBLE!!! She couldn't believe that the color in the pan looked so great on her cheeks! A+++++ NARS! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2006 11:51:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the pan, the color of this is almost laughable. A clownish slightly orangey bright matte red? I remember the first time I ever laid eyes on this NARS blush, I scoffed to myself. However thanks to one of my favorite swappers, I acquired Exhibit A and decided to give it a go. And as expected it goes on VERY pigmented and true to the color it is in the pan. However, Iíve developed a deep love for my stippling brush because itís the perfect tool in application of this blush! I can layer it on lightly and buff with my kabuki brush to create a lovely very bold flush. I must admit I do wear this blush a bit strongly so I to tend to look feverish at times! But itís the perfect look for when Iím going easy on the eyes and the lips. I think I may be a bit too pale for this, but Iím bound to get tanner this summer and Exhibit A will probably be more complimentary for me. Won't be reaching for this too much, but I'm really loving the true bright orangey red color! Staying power of this is fantastic, of course.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by delhi

I love all my NARS blushes - and this one is no different. For me this is a summer blush. "Crazed" being it's winter counterpart. I use very little of this on a huge brush, one swipe and that's it. Any more than that and i'd look like a raggity ann doll. But applied sparingly it's beautiful. It gives me a bright coral flush that mimicks how my cheeks look if a get a tad bit too much sun on them (or at least how they used to look back in the 80's when I still layed out!) - This blush also looks amazing with a little summer tan (fake or real). A very flushed fun summer look!
I have a light to medium complexion with brown eyes and dark brown hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2006 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Stockton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Everytime i tell someone this is a blush people look @ me like im crazy. ITS GORGOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very pretty, but too much youll look stupid. LOVE IT

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Vibrant, shocking, tomato orange-red powder blush. As much as I love NARS blushes, this was not a winner for me. Exhibit A has too much orange in it for me, which was a bit of a surprise, actually, since I have AAB/NC25 skin with yellow undertones I expected this to work. This was a most unnatural, unflattering shade on me - it turned too bright, almost neon on me (even with a light dusting using a skunk brush); red-browns suit me better. This blush is one of the more pigmented of NARS, so apply cautiously. Three lippies for good quality and packaging but not suiting my coloring. YMMV.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2006 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This color looks so bright in the pan that I scared to try it. It's a bright tomato red color. When I went to the NARS counter last time I purchased crazed and taos. they are both beautiful, but have nothing on this blush. I just purchased this yesterday after getting recs on this from the MU board and I am so glad I did. I wanted a flattering but subtle color that looked natural on my DDD skin to give me that "just in from the sun look". When I told this to the SA she immediately went to Exhibit A. I could not believe how wonderful this looked on my DDD skin. I looked radiant, as if glowing from within. I have never fallen for a blush like I have with this one, it is definately my new HG blush. a little pricey, but a little goes a long way with NARS blushes because they are so pigmented. using a skunk brush is a must to prevent applying too much. I use the Flirt skunk brush with this and it gives me just the amount of product I need to apply. The SA said that she doesn't sell that many of this color because people are so scared of it, however if they would just try it I'd bet they would purchase it. This has to be the most universally flattering blush I have ever seen. I doubt I'll ever purchase again because this pan will probably last me a lifetime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Scary red in the pan but on the cheeks it's a beautiful, natural-looking flush you can build up. Use a light hand though- this is highly pigmented. I have light blonde hair, blue eyes and fair skin (NW25) and this makes my eyes pop and my skin radiant and glowing. I wear this either on its own or with a red lip. Also blends well with Laguna for that slightly ruddy, sunburnt look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2006 9:30:00 PM More reviews by pavalleygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not big on writing reviews, but I just had to say something about this blush. I am a blush junkie, and I must say I have found my HG! This blush looks freightening in the pan, but produces the most gorgeous, radiant, natural flush ever! The secret is using a light touch...Just dip the very tips of your brush and go slow--you can always add more. Love it, love it, love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2006 9:32:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Exhibit A is a chilli red almost shocking orange in the pan. Abit reluctant to use it at first as I though it'll show up really bright on my skin. However, with a light hand, when applied, it gives my face a natural flush. This is overall a gorgeous shade! Paired with a neutral eye and lips, this looks perfect without looking too overdone. You can't judge a book by its cover, same thing for Exhibit A. Wearable colour especially for tanner to darker skin tones but imo, if applied with a skunk brush or light hands, even paler ladies can pull this colour off :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 12:30:00 PM More reviews by sabet

This took me a while to decide to buy this shade, but I'm glad I did. Pretty and unique shade, for those fresh bright yet still natural looking cheeks, works great with neutral lip and understated eyes for me. If lightly applied, it does NOT go on tomato orange red that it looks like in the pan, on my cheeks it is salmon colored. I lightly touch my brush to it - I never had to use such a small amount of the blush powder and blend well. I look lid from within. This might become my favorite blush. I am a very light LLL right now.
I will never have to repurchase, I need another 500 years of life to hit the pan on this. Staying power is exceptional as well.