Lancome Artliner (All colors)

4.3

on 4/23/2009 2:38:00 PM

I'll keep this short. For almost $30, you get very little product. I mean VERY little product. It takes forever to dry. Tends to flake. Nice applicator, but I like L'oreal's telescopic eyeliner better. There is no way that I will repurchase. For this price, the liner better be AMAZING. This...is not.

For a high end liquid eyeliner this one has some good and bad points. Recently, I decided to give Lancome's Artliner in Noir a try after my current liquid eyeliner from Chanel finished. I currently use both liquid eyeliner and gel liners from some of the other brands. I love to use liquid liners when I'm in a hurry and for days when I don't have time to put my full face of make-up on before I go to work and I will carry my eyeliner, mascara and lip products in my purse and apply them on once I arrive at my workplace. The pros of Lancome's Artliner in Noir is that the colour is not a flat black but has some sheen and slight shimmer. I didn't experience any flaking and the product stayed put on my oily lids. The problems I have with this product is the fact that the felt tip applicator is a bit too thick and I wish it was a bit more smaller. I have to be careful when applying the eyeliner because the line can go on too thick. Another big turn off for me is the amount of product in the tube. This retails in Canada, for about $36.00 and you only get 1.7 mls in the tube. I know this is going to run out quickly and even Chanel's Liquid eyeliner (Ligne Extreme) has more product. You get 4-5 mls in the Chanel tube and plus the applicator tip is better and Chanel's liquid eyeliner dries so much faster.
Another liquid liner that's great is L'Oreal's Lineur Intense in Black. Artliner is one product I will not repurchase, especially when I know there are better and more affordable eyeliners on the market.

on 4/11/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

My favorite eyeliner hands-down! I've tried many, many others, hoping to find something that works just as well for less $$$. I've tried pencils, gels, and other liquids-this it it. This is the only product that I can make a perfect winged eyeliner with.

on 3/26/2009 4:33:00 PM

I used Lancome's Artliner liquid eyeliner for about 5 years. My mom, who's been using Lancome for years and years, bought it for me when I first started wearing makeup. Looking back now, I wonder, what the heck was my mom thinking buying me such expensive makeup to play around with? But I'm definitely grateful nonetheless. I thought it was the best stuff in the world even though I didn't have anything else to compare it to. I just knew that it was easy to apply, and made my eyes look pretty! Anyways, about a year ago I stopped buying Artliner and started experimenting with other brands. I realized that there were much better eyeliners out there for 3/4 the price.

What I really love about Artliner is the applicator. It's nice and long, which helps in achieving a beautiful straight line. The thing that I hate and can't stand about it is that it flakes like a mofo! I'm horrible with liquid liner, so I always go over my original line one more time before I'm satisfied. On rare occasions when I can get a perfect line the first time, it's fine. No flaking. Love the applicator, hate the price and flakeyness. Will repurchase when I master the art of applying liquid eyeliner perfectly with one stroke!

on 3/21/2009 12:03:00 PM

I love this, this does not flake and it's easy to use. Creme, pencil, gel, cake eyeliners don't work for me. Only liquid stays on my lids.
The black unfortunately does not look good on me. Maybe it's because my hair is not actually black so it looks harsh. Brown works for me the best. Will repurchase for sure.

Note: only the black is available in some asian countries.

on 3/7/2009 2:13:00 AM

I bought the olive color. Very easy to use, lasts well, and very pretty.

on 2/27/2009 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first 1 star product on MUA...I bought it because of all the good reviews and that I need something to bring my total purchase to the GWP threshold. Duh! First I can't use the foam tip at all, the line is too thick and not easy to control at all. Secondly, it irritates my eyes like crazy! I just got a bit into my right eye and wonder if I should go see a doctor. Yes, it's that serious. And I didn't do anything wrong, the bit just somehow got into my eye when I closed my eyelids.

on 2/23/2009 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this eyeliner! I actually bought it on a sale and I got it for only 5.00!! I was a bit skeptical at first because I heard about it but it was only 5.00 so I thought I'd buy it. I'm so glad I did!!

It glides on smoothly, its pigmented and doesn't fade/flake! Its easy use, I highly recommend it to beginers trying out liquid eyeliners. This is pricey but totally worth it. I have previously used maybelline express liner for 2 years because its affordable but it totally sucks compared to lancome.. it is drugstore after all..

I absolutely LOVE this, it's the best liquid eyeliner I've ever tried. Suprisingly easy to apply so I would recommend it to anyone. Definitely try this one before you decide that liquid is not for you! The only downside is that it is kind of pricey, but I will keep buying it until i find something that is just as great. :)

Hands down the best liquid liner ever made. Great for beginners I stole my moms ice plum as a kid and learned how to apply liner in a fluid line because the applicator is so easy to use. I use the brown and I can switch to either day or night by utilizing the graduated applicator to control line thickness. Noir is also a great shade I will never use a black pencil again.