December 20, 2014 | 1165 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a mini-tube of this from Sephora as a VIB GWP. I got it in Light and the color was an almost perfect match for my warm-toned NC15-20 skin. It has the perfect amount of coverage for me - somewhere between light and medium. The finish is a bit too matte for my dry skin so it looked a bit powdery and fake once it set.The biggest bummer about is that it caused me to breakout wherever I applied it. (I do have very sensitive/reactive, rosacea-prone skin so almost everything breaks me out.) So for me this one is a no.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

At Last !!!

This is one of the greatest foundation/tinted moisturizer/bb's ever. I've worn Erno Lazlo, Janet Sartin, Chanel, Lancome, Countess Isserlyn, Aveda, Sonia Kashuk, Neutrogena, Sephora ... and this ranks at the top. It evens out my coloring and gives just the right amount of coverage while still letting my skin come through. It doesn't feel weird/oily/heavy/gross at the end of the day either. The only thing I would do to improve it is to increase the range of colors, (more in the tube for the $$ would be nice too), other than that it's awesome stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by baronchow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this because I love (HG) Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer spf15 ... but wanted a higher spf rating.

It's a whole different beastie ;-)

Bought 'Light' - same shade I use in the TM - but it's WAY lighter in the BB cream. So much so, that I look ghostly.

Settled into every line on my face - and seemed to find new ones! Masky and dry feeling. No glow. Accentuated every flake or imperfection.

I don't understand people who say to just use the product lightly ... if you are hoping to get the spf benefit from the product (which I want), then you will have to use approx 1/2 tsp. For me, that amount made for a very artificial look.

Where it touched my eye cream - it pilled.

I didn't realize that one of the benefits is oil control - and I can see where it would do that. On my skin it was very drying. I would only recommend this for someone with oily/very oily skin.

Even in the correct shade for me - which might be 'Light-Medium', this is not moisturizing enough. Sure I could use a moisturizer under ... but trying to limit the amount of products on my skin. I like my skin to look moisturized/somewhat dewy - but the look was very matte and lifeless.

So gave to sis who has oily skin. The shade is probably too light for her too ... but she can see if she likes the texture.

I'm back to my Smashbox Tinted Moisturizer spf15 and Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Teinte SPF 30. The Lancome is heavier than the Smashbox TM, but has a nice glow (compared to Smashbox BB).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by greytgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin with rosacea. My skin tone is nw15-20. I purchased this in shade light. I felt it was hard to apply, and took a little time smoothing and blending it out.
The shade light was a little yellow for my skintone. After three days of using this my face broke out. At $39 dollars I took it back to Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Smashbox bb cream for about a month now. I like it, it gives a nice natural finish. I apply a sheer layer with my Real Techniques stippling brush. It lasts all day, no problems with my skin since I have been using it. I would repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryCheeksForever

I really didn't want to like this BB cream as it is $39 for 1 oz (!), but it really does perform well. It provides more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but less than foundation, so it's nice for everyday use. I also was able to match my skin pretty well (NC30, got light) which is hard to do since I'm so yellow. I do have oily skin and this "feels" a bit oily to me (looks dewy and natural), but since the coverage is so nice, I'll deal with it with powder and blotting sheets. I gave this 4 lippies because of the price and the oily feel, though this may be great for someone with normal skin. Regardless, I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by shiningstar2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this cream. I have been a smashbox primer fan for six months and wanted to try this too.
In my opinion, this is very lightweight and fairly liquid. The only thing I noticed is that this is a primer, not a foundation and you will not get full coverage. I tried to put more on and it looked yucky.
Yesterday I put it on before my cleaning job of 5 hrs. When I looked in the mirror on the way home, my face was still matte!! I had sweated all around my hairline, but my face was shine-free! That is amazing.
It's pricey, but one tube will last a long long long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by mayrarara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first, I was a bit skeptical about buying this...but of course, after weeks of considering it, I gave in. I'm amazed at how much I love this product! It doesn't feel heavy on my skin AT ALL. I have skin that is pretty oily and acne prone, so I wore it on a day that my skin was behaving, and I LOVE it. I lIke that it comes in a tube (hygienic), but hate that it's 1 oz for $40...a little goes a long way, so we'll see how long this lasts. Honestly, I'm loving this BB cream so far

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mimahirn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing! Finally have found my HG foundation-skin care product! I have tried endless combinations of primers, foundations, moisturizers, oil-control, sunscreen, etc. Finally - all in one simplicity that gives me a better finish than any of the combinations I've tried! I haven't typically been a huge SB fan, but I'm so glad I tried this. I'm oily, have a few scars, and some redness. This is AMAZING. I don't know why other reviewers didn't find there to be enough coverage - for me, it was flawless finish when set with powder. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this in Light and it matches my NC25 skin well. This goes on smooth and gives you a nice silky glow. However the coverage is only medium, which is not enough for me (I always want flawless finish). It's not overdrying, however if you have really dry skin like me, you'll find it not that comfortable on your face.

Pros: goes on smooth, easy to spread, nice natural glow, SPF
Cons: only medium coverage, a bit drying for dry skin

Overall, if you have even, combination/oily skin, this might be good for you.