August 22, 2014 | 1875 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25, red undertones, old acne discolorations.

When I tried this, I finally felt comfortable enough to return the Temptu machine (even when the Sephora SA asked why, I had come in w/ 1/2 done in this BB and the other 1/2 in Temptu... she agreed, the BB side was better). Med to buildable full coverage, so this will be heavy for people used to the Asian BBs. For my large cheek pores, I still need primer and do get shiny by end of day w/out any blotting. I'm excited for the beginning to the end of a new foundation search during my "beauty routine shakeup". If you're NC25, you can read my "BB" lists in "My Wishlist" to get my thoughts on MANY brands.

BTW, this wears virtually identical to the Lioele Dollish Veil Vita in Green (for half the price) for me, but this is easier to blend.

Update 1/20/12: I am learning I'm lazy and do not care for the high maintenance of a primer and dealing w/ the shine, darn my porous oily skin! Compared to Boots Nude, Boots is slighter warmer in tone and fuller coverage. I'll keep looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in head-over-heels LOVE. I have combination, light-medium skin, with a good amount of discoloration and unevenness. I am also obsessed with having a high SPF in my face products. I love the way this looks and feels on my skin -- practically like I'm not wearing anything. Whoever said this felt greasy is bonkers. It feels like nothing at all, in a good way. It has a pretty natural-looking finish (not dewy, not chalky). It has moderate coverage -- better than a tinted moisturizer, but not full coverage. I'll still spot-conceal in a few spots. I am so happy about the high SPF 35. Being able to go from a separate primer, moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation to a single step has me SOLD. EDIT: I am not as head-over-heel as I once was. It's still a good product, but it is pretty thick. Not ideal for summer, although still pretty good. Anyway, 4 stars seems fair. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Laurel15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin looked lifeless with this on, plus it made me break out. Avoid this if you're acne-prone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Laurel15

Warning: This made me break out terribly! Wasn't crazy about it as a foundation, either. It's sheer like a tinted moisturizer and doesn't cover redness very well. Too bad, because I really need something now that my entire face is broken out. Avoid this if you're prone to acne.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

All the Korean bb creams are too light and leaves a grey cast. I was excited that Smashbox came out with one with darker shades however, medium is too dark for my nc 35 skin. I needed a shade lighter but this was an online purchase and my local Sephora doesn't carry it. I used it alone and with my too faced amazing powder. I think this is best for dry-normal skin. It feels like a moisturizer and gives minimal coverage but good enough to even out my skin tone. You will need a concealer for pimples, dark circle, and scars. I have combination/acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out. There's a glow it gives off so if you like a matte finish, this is not for you. Makes you look dewy. I mix this with my bb cream from The Face Shop (non-returnable store), called oil cut because it's too light and set it with powder. I get great coverage and a natural finish. No more moisturizer and primer or sun screen for me. My friends thought I wasn't wearing any makeup and complimented my skin. I might buy it again with the right shade but I'm always up for trying new things. My only gripe is that there's so little product for almost $40. This does remind my of Physician's Formula tinted moisturizer spf50.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: The only way I could make this work was by mixing it with the same brand's 15 Hr. foundation (one of my faves). The mixture resulted in a easy-to-blend, medium coverage foundation. It can, of course, be made sheerer or fuller, depending on how much of each is blended.

However, I'm totally underwhelmed by these BB creams. To me, they are nothing but glorified TMs. Oh, well. This trend will pass too.

------

There's a good deal of bruh-ha-ha going on about these BB creams ... and I'll be dashed if I can understand why. With one solitary exception (Clinique), the ones I tried were all greasy, sheer-coverage ... make that, NO coverage. And the colors were off, to say the least.

This new release by Smashbox is no different. I got a generous sample from one of the lovely girls at my local Sephora. The color I chose is Light, which is a good match. And that's the end of the good news. It blends nicely but that's only because it's so, uh, emollient (greasy). Coverage is nil, although I don't have pimples or dark acne scars (though I'm sure there will be the usual number of wishful-thinkers, who will convince themselves that this gives them coverage - a curious and recurring phenomenon, these days). And if you're oily, there's NO WAY you can wear this w/o powder and not look like a basted turkey in no time flat.

And all that joy for the modicum sum of $39? I don't think so. I'll pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by LILYFISH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hesitated to buy this. Normally I wear Smashbox Halo or Diorskin powder foundation, but lately my face has been looking washed out. I do not have dry or oily skin, but my skin is very sensitive. I really do like this BB cream. It is a little dry and thick. I put a light moisturizer on before I apply it (1 lippie off for that). You need to work quickly with this product and in sections. I put a small drop on my forehead, then blend it in, then another small drop on my nose and blend and so on until my face is done. This way the product applies smoothly. It provides more coverage than most TMs but does not feel heavy like a cream foundation. It imparts a nice subtle glow to my skin, not matte, but not shiny, perfect. It does not settle into fine lines and after 2 weeks of use, I have not had any adverse reactions to this product. I find it looks better on my skin without any powder on top. If you have very dry or very oily skin this may not work for you. It does seem a little pricey for the small amount, but I think this should last a long time. I use 5 small dots for my entire face. I got this in medium which is the color I use in Halo and it's a perfect shade for me. In Dior I use 040.

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No