November 23, 2014 | 1222 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first got this, I hated it. I applied it over TFSI and used my finger. It looked patchy and dry. I stuck it in a drawer with my other unused makeup, but then decided to try it over another cream eye shadow. I used L'Oreal Infallible e/s in Endless Pearl as a base and then applied BTTB with a stiff dome brush. I used it all over the lid and took a little into the crease. I then used a MAC 217 to blend the area above the crease. It looks flawless and it lasted a whole 14 hours with NO CREASING. It's been in the upper 90s to near 100 degrees here, so that's saying a lot. And this is without using TFSI! I've found a really good go-to e/s look that takes less than 5 minutes to apply, and that includes liner and mascara. Maybelline, keep up the good work! I'm loving your new products!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great everyday brown-bronze color. The shadow lasts all day with and without primer, and is great for those lazy days when you don't want to do too much with your eye makeup. Also, this works as a great eyeliner, providing subtle definition. It looks similar to MAC Powersurge eye kohl, but longer lasting and in a cream/gel form. I like this shade the best out of the two I have(the other being Edgy Emerald). I like apply this with a MAC 217 or my fingers for a quick wash of color. These are great alternatives to the paint pots, and are much cheaper. I bought mine for around $6 at Target without any coupons.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this based on all the good reviews on here, and I really disagree. The color was too dark for my pale skin and this was the only neutral color available but what I was really dissapointed in was the staying power I ended up using this just in the crease of my eyelid because it was so dark and it faded, was greasy all day and strayed all over my eyelid, not impressed . I have to say though the packaging is beautiful REAL glass jar not the crappy plastic stuff lots of companys are using now, its a very sophisticated pretty jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by g8rsr4life

LOVE! Really pretty color! stays on very well

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by rceggleston1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never tried a cream eyeshadow before and was not sure what to expect. Being so new to this type of shadow, i guess i picked the right one to try. I love this stuff!!!!! Goes on smooth, nice pigment, lasts all day, and doesn't crease (which i had heard about and was afraid would happen). Only bad thing I have to say is either add more product for the size container it is in or use less glass to make container.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Arizona4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It goes on very smooth and really does last 24 hours. The bronze color is exactly what I was looking for and the shimmer is not excessive. It works as an excellent base or just by itself, and really accentuates my deep blue eyes beautifully. By far my favorite eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love using these as bases, don't get me wrong, they are wonderful on their own but they are really fantastic as bases for my powder shadows. I bought these right when they arrived on the makeup scene and quickly snagged up three colors: Bad to the bronze, Pomegranate Punk, and Tough as Taupe. I love all three of these shades, but I reach for bad to the bronze most days. The color, in my opinion, is not taupe...taupe is a brown grey...this has way too much gold and is too warm to be considered a taupe...at least on my skin this does not have any grey to it. This is a golden champagne color with brown undertones. I love this shade, it adds dimension to neutral colors and helps colors stick to the lid and provides vibrancy. I am in love with these and have used them since I bought them, I definitely recommend these for anyone wanting stupidly long lasting shadows or really fabulous bases!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by stls

It's surprising to find such great drugstore products! Pleasant gel/cream texture, nice pigmentation, not over-the-top shimmer, lasts long, decent packaging... overall excellent!
I mostly use it alone on the lid with some eyeliner and mascara.
It does have a taupey hue but I like that, most bronze eye shadows (like woodwinked) appear orange on my cool fair skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This shadow makes a great base for other eyeshadows. I always use this over Soft Ochre PP, because it does crease a little if I us it on its own. On my pale skin (NW10-15, NARS Siberia) it does show up as a bronze. I like using this as a base underneath a lot of different bronze-y and taupe eyeshadows, such as MAC Satin Taupe, NARS Kalahari duo, BB Stone, MAC Patina and MAC Mulch. It also works really well with the shadows in the two Naked palettes. It's so versatile. The texture is really nice, it's a lot softer and easier to spread and blend than the Tough as Taupe one. The colour pay off is very good, it is very pigmented on me. There is plenty of time to blend the shadow, but then it sets and it stays put pretty well with a base underneath. I can definitely see the resemblance with the PP and I wish they would come out with skin toned colours. The price is also pretty good, it's 10 euros over here in the Netherlands (Maybelline and L'Oreal tend to be quite a bit more expensive here). I would repurchase this, but I think this little pot will last me a very long time, as a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought the color in the pot was super pretty, but when it went on my eyes it looked muddy. I think I don't like it because it just doesnt fare well with my fair skin. Maybe it would work better on someone darker than me.