December 17, 2014 | 1740 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by MyLilBabushkaFamily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Considering I paid 90 Australian dollars for this foundation I wanted to LOVE THIS! But I just couldn't. First I think the colour was wrong for me, I found it a bit yellow at times. Second of all it didn't give me the perfect flawless complexion the sales lady promised it would.

I came off after and few hours, so definitely didn't last. I don't know, like I said I wanted to love this, but definitely couldn't :( I have heard great things about Chanel and it's the first time I used a Chanel foundation, definitely let down!

Going to try Estee Lauder Double Wear, have heard this is great, so looking forward to that!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

I don't understand why this receives so many bad reviews! I found it easy to apply, It's buildable, has a long staying power and it looks natural. I like the scent and the bottle looks really classy. I have some dry patches but it covered them with no problem! Will definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by barkley38

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

THE EXECUTIVES AT CHANEL SHOULD BE FIRED!! I dont mean to sound harsh, but for them to stop making popular, incomparable, superior products, and replace them with inferior products, is a bad business decision! I expect much more from an expensive Chanel foundation. Pro Lumiere was discontinued and replaced with Perfection Lumiere which is terrible for people with normal/dry skin. At first, I thought it looked great, then after about an hour, it transformed. It settled into lines I never knew were there, and it didnt cover any imperfections- Instead, it highlighted them! It makes your skin look older, and who wants that! It doesn't meld into the skin and it is very splotchy and obvious. I'd rather go bare faced than wear this foundation (gasp!). Save your money. You can easily find a drugstore product that performs better. Their Pro Lumiere foundation was THE BEST full coverage fdtn on the market -nothing even compared. The executives only need to spend a few minutes online to realize how many people loved the PL -obviously they arent in tune with what their consumers love and want. I tried all of their liquid foundations and most of them are inferior. Many pro make up artists adore Pro Lumiere and it is obvious that it was a good seller. I understand that the manufacturers discontinue certain ingredients and such, and companies have to adjust, but they should try harder to duplicate its formula -Perfection Lumiere is subpar. I used to spend a lot of money at the Chanel counter, but not anymore because they've discontinued or reformulated (vitalumiere) several of my favorite products.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This goes on very smoothly, does not collect in my lines and gives a smooth medium coverage. It lasts. The reason I only gave it 3 lippies is because there's no way to put it on where it doesn't look like you have foundation on. Even brushing on the lightest coat looked like obvious foundation, and I just don't like that look. But I think this would be a good one for people who do.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I got some free samples of this, so I decided to try it out. The consistency isn't heavy at all, it's very light weight just like a tinted moisturizer (which is a plus). It did take a while to fully blend, but it did give a nice airbrushed finish. It also covered very well without having to pile this on. It smells pleasant & it made my face feel smooth. The color selections available are also great, you're pretty much guaranteed to find your color match. With all that being said, this made my pores look HUGE (a problem I never have with foundations). It also made my face look very cakey, & I barely put that much on my face. This settles into fine lines & pores like crazy...& I'm only 19, so I can imagine what it would do to older women. This foundation looks better from a distance, up close is another story. For that reason, I will not be buying this. My Neutrogena foundation looks way better, & it's $12.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received two samples of this in a magazine and was a bit skeptical about this because I really did not like their powder foundation. I tried color Beige Rose (37) first and it went on beautifully! It blended nicely and had an airbrush finish! The color was a bit too light for me, hence the chalkiness, but otherwise, I'm thinking of purchasing the full size now!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good foundation, very nice application and the smell is pretty pleasant. It stayed most of the day on me (oily skin, nothing can stay on it) and it felt like a tinted moisurizer with more coverage. BUT I used the Clinique SuperBalanced foundation before this one and I feel NO DIFFERENCE. I even got a sample and covered half my face in the Chanel and half in Clinique, SAME! I dont know what it is, but I couldnt find any difference in the formula. The smells are different and colors are different, but they feel and wear the same. I love both, but would not repurchase the Chanel when the Clinique is half the price. Really disappointed me...I really wanted to like it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Shiorin

I really like this foundation because it does everything that it promises:
- Natural finish
- flawless looking skin
- Long wearing
It is really easy to apply but it dries out quite quickly. It's not as thick as Estee Lauder's Double Wear which I like because if you apply Estee Lauder too much it can look really cakey and won't look natural at all!
Many people have experienced oxidization on their skin but I have not experienced this at all.
The only downside to this product is that it brings out the dry patches. My skin seems really flaky on some parts of my skin no matter how I much I use a moisturizer.
I'm a bit disappointed by the shade as well. I'm the pales shade (Beige 10) and it just a bit more yellow than my own skin.
All in all it is a very good foundation even if there is a small downside to it, I do think that is the worth of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bottom line: It broke me out after one day of use, which is rare for me when it comes to foundations. Smells lovely, good color match, goes on smoothly (thinner than Revlon CS, ELDW, and MUFE HD), but only looked good for about two hours before it went patchy and separated on my chin and cheeks. I felt the cystic lumps forming on my nose and upper lip area later that night when I was cleansing. It's my first experience with a Chanel foundation and I am less than impressed. Actually, I'm kind of pissed! I haven't broken out from either a HE or DS foundation in YEARS.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by AnnaQueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is possibly the worst foundation I've tried. I have combination skin, this clung to fine hair/dry spots I didn't know I even had, it sank into my pores and wrinkles (which I also didn't know I had). The foundation separated where my skin was oily making it appear as though I hadn't blended it at all.

On a more positive note the colour was absolutely perfect (BR 12) and it smells really nice. It had a medium/high matte coverage which looked nice........ from a distance.

I returned this product, definitely not worth $86.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No