Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

I really like Perfection Lumiere Foundation. As with all Chanel foundations, the color match is terrific on my skin. I find that Perfection Lumiere glides beautifully on and blends easily - even if I just use my fingers! I generally don't use a primer under foundation, just a moisturizer with sunscreen, The finish is soft and lovely with light to medium coverage, and the nice finish lasts longer than other foundations, easily six hours with maybe just a couple of blots or a light dusting of powder. This is my favorite Chanel foundation to date, I hope they don't discontinue Perfection Lumiere. I will probably continue to use this as long as Chanel makes it.

on 4/4/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

**This review is based solely on my first impression. I have only worn it twice.**
I skipped primer (partly because I do not have a primer that I love and partly because I wanted to get a "real" feel for the foundation) and applied it over my moisturizer. I used a foundation brush (which is a cheapie ELF Studio one but it works fabulously with my Neutrogena foundation). The Chanel foundation was very hard to work with. It took a LOT of buffing and just when I would finally think I was done, I would notice another spot that wasn't blended. It just kind of sat on top of my skin and wouldn't absorb or blend hardly at all. In fact, the first time I used it I thought I was going to have to wash my face and start over with my regular foundation. Finally I was able to get it to look presentable, but I was still worried about looking streaky, and especially around my nose it just seemed very noticeable overall.

I went ahead and used my concealer, bronzer, and setting powder on top of it and finished the rest of my makeup. I noticed that as time passed it seemed to finally be sinking in and looking better.

And that is what happened throughout the rest of the day--it looked better and better. After a few hours I really started to like the finish of it, and my powder and bronzer stayed nicely in place on top of it. I did end up blotting (as I have to do with no matter what I'm wearing) about 4-5 hours after applying. It wore well throughout the day--it didn't disappear or fade or oxidize for me at all. My makeup remover wipe at the end of the day was completely dirty of foundation, which is always a good sign, I think.

However, despite liking it more and more throughout the day (and this was the case for both of the days I wore it) I will not be purchasing this. It is too difficult to work with at the beginning and I feel like a product by Chanel (i.e. as expensive as you-know-what) should not make me that nervous to apply for fear of not getting it buffed in perfectly. And for the first hour or so I do NOT care for the way it looks at all.

on 4/3/2012 9:32:00 AM

I almost only use Chanel makeup. Chanel primer, foundation, powder, brushes, everything. No wonder when a new Chanel foundation launches, I rush to a department store immediately to see it for myself and to perhaps buy it. There was no difference with Perfection Lumiere either.

I was not so over the Moon with the packaging because I am used to the way Chanel products are presented - but it is of course gorgeous, exquisite and luxurious, one of the reasons why we love Chanel. The bottle is a matt glass and it has a pump. There is 3O ml of foundation in it.

Now, I apply this foundation with my Chanel foundation brush which makes it look more beautiful than when I apply it with my fingertips. It makes me have perfect and radiant skin. I really like this foundation. It is very very long-lasting but I would still recommend to use the Poudre Universelle Libre of Chanel with this foundation and perhaps on all Chanel foundations.

I will not burst into tears when this product is discontinued, but I will keep using it regularly until then.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got a sample of this (so can't say anything about packaging) and the coverage was nice and my face looked nice and matte however, as I headed out the door, I felt like my face would crack and I thought I forgot my moisturizer. But I had put it on. Then I looked in the mirror and the dry skin under my lip area, around nose and from an old zit was totally accentuated. I guess I need to go for a more moisturinzing foundation. I love MUFE HD and Nars Glow.

on 4/2/2012 10:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been using this for a month now and have decided this is almost identical to the Double Perfection liquid foundation Chanel had several years ago (I really loved DP)..DP was a complete matte, light coverage foundation that was replaced by Mat Lumiere. Now, they are back to a version of it in leu of Pro Lumiere, which I began using after DP was discontinued. I do have to say, I prefer Perfection Lumiere over Pro, but it still could see some improvement. It's touted as long-wear....I don't find it to be and that it's a light-med coverage. For me it's surprising at how well it does cover with just a light application, but it can be built to a medium coverage. I think it doesn't fade away completely, but the look you have the first few hours is not going to hold til evening...and it's not even summer yet. It definitely does nothing to control oil either...however it does meld into your skin more than the Pro, which tended to just slide around on oily areas. I set it with loose Chanel powder, though was told by the SA I didn't need to so it's just habit for me to, and touch up with the Double Perfection powder during the day as needed-or I use my handy brown napkins to blot the excess oil : )- and this seems to make it last longer. I do agree with the others your skin needs to be in good condition with no dryness or flakiness, though mine is debatable at times. I can't say this is the best foundation out there. But for me I prefer not to feel a foundation, which I don't with this, and the way it blends into my skin makes it seem to enhance it and not masque it-it photographs well btw. It also seems to be forgiving for aging skin, any crepiness or fine lines aren't exaggerated with this and has not caused any breakouts, milia, or blackheads so that's a big plus...a few days wearing EL or Lancome and my skin is revolting. The smell is a rose-scented, kind of strong at first, but after a few times of wearing it, I no longer notice it. I will likely buy again unless the ever changing Chanel changes again before I run out.

on 3/31/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Let's see where do i begin?
Pro's :This is the first fondation that has matched my skin color so closely 94 ambre( i usually have to blend two colors , so this was a delightful surprise) It's semi matte a.k.a a nice satin finish.It has a nice smell and it is very smooth.

con's: it oxidizes rather quickly on my skin , the coverage is very light, it's more of a tinted moisturizer. It does not cover blemishes at all, not even the slightest blemish. It's not cost effective at all, it retails @ $60 per bottle.

on 3/31/2012 6:29:00 PM

This is a okay foundation you need to apply it after your moisturizer because it drys really fast. Its a matt finish but after 3 hrs it sets in your face and your face oils make it a natural finish although you may have to blot your face at least one time throughout the day. I would recommend it to people with combination skin and not dry skin.

on 3/30/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Perfection Lumiere is a good choice if you like medium buildable coverage with a Matte finish. It works best on those that have normal skin. By nature of being a matte finish, it will be more difficult for someone with dry skin to wear - try to stick with more hydrating or dewy type finish foundations. You would assume that this would be perfect then for someone with oily skin but that is not the case. It will start to break down and separate after a couple of hours of wear. Initially, it looks beautiful on everyone though so if you're only going out for a couple of hours and you want your face to look flawless, then go for it! It really is a beautiful foundation.

The biggest complaint that I've heard about this foundation is that it is extremely yellow. Personally, I like a more yellow toned foundation for my NC35-40 skin so it's perfect (purchased the 40 Beige). If you have $55 to spend on foundation, then go for it, but my recommendation is to always try something new - don't focus on the brand - you can find excellent foundations at all price points.

on 3/30/2012 3:09:00 PM

I myself hated it first when i got a sample! but then i wore it for a night out and every one Complimented me oh how good my skin and make looked, so I went ahead and bought a full size. I like the fact that its completely matt so I can control where I want to highlight. I am not sure if I will buy it again, I have been using it all winter and I cant see it getting empty anytime soon.

on 3/30/2012 10:56:00 AM

I mean, people would say anything to get you to buy a product wouldn't they? Luckily I just got a sample of this. The sales lady was going on and on about Chanel quality and how this is revolutionary but I just accepted a sample. I got B20. I thought it applied okay and set quickly so that I could layer the foundation to a more medium coverage. It did a good job of covering acne and scars. The finish was lovely and it kept me less shiny than usual (I only blotted once the entre day when I usually do 3-4 times). It gave a nice sheen to my oily skin and did not oxidize horribly. However, after a few hours of wearing this, I saw what all the complaints were about. This foundation lifts, and cracks, and settles, and moves, and it plain ugly. HOW can CHANEL be making a product at this price and under their brand that is so bad??!? I feel like contacting the company it was so bad. This is only the second review I have ever written so it is a pretty big deal when I do. I feel like this foundation would not work on dry skin types or oily skin types but perhaps for someone with perfectly balanced, hydrated, and smooth skin. Do NOT waste your money!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty