August 21, 2014 | 1646 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING! I did have to use concealer on one capillary but the redness on the center of my face (rosacea) was completely evened out without using concealer. I have dry skin so I did moisturise well and used a primer. The foundation goes on well, I used my MAC 190 for the first time in years, it works well with this foundation. I normally swear by the Sigma F80 but I didn't like it with this.
It feels and looks velvet-y. It sets to what I would call "no texture", like The Bronze Universal, that doesn't look like a cream or a powder, it's texture free, just color. It's not dry, not dewy (yet) just nicely evens out skin, that's it. It's not matte but it's not dewy either although I go get luminosity from setting with Fix+. It just looks like I have decent skin, it's amazing, it does look fantastic, NOT masky at all. It does cover the capillaries around my nose, just not one near my jaw line. It's the lightest coverage I've ever worn, I bought it because I was told, even by the gal at Chanel, that it was full coverage. I was initially disappointed that it's not but now I am so glad that it's not. I would call this light/medium yet evens out the skin extremely well. I've received so many compliments on my skin whilst wearing this, my mother said she's never seen a more beautiful foundation on me.
Is it really long wearing? I've had it on 14 hours now, it hasn't budged, my blush hasn't budged. I, out of habit, took out a blotting linen for my nose a few hours ago and realized I didn't need it. Didn't need to touch up anything at all.
I was matched with 52 BR which initially looks peachy orange on my skin but settles in to my perfect shade, not peachy orange. I have no idea how that works out, it just does. FINALLY a foundation I can call HG. It's an absolutely beautiful foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by fifijmac

First and foremost get a sample of this product! Fortunately I did and man am I glad.

I have oily skin and I mean REALLY oily. I will be a slimy mess sometimes before I have even left the house. It's most attractive. I had every intention of trying Mat Lumiere, but it unfortunately got discontinued before I got the chance/ I did of course mention this to the SA who told me that the foundation is also suitable for oily skin. "Marvellous" I thought and off I trotted with my sample.

I tried it the very next day and applied it to my clean, moisturised skin. Firstly the SA had given me a sample that was actually slightly too dark so I had to work extremely hard and fast to blend it as it sets so quickly. I applied it using a Real Techniques Buffing Brush (great range by the way) and it just seemed to sit on my skin, glaringly obvious I was wearing foundation. It seemed to cling to every little imperfection and even seemed to make my skin look dry which was impressive in my eyes! I still powdered as usual regardless of this. Within 2 hours I was an oil slick, but nothing unusual there. The foundation did oxidise so I looked a little like I'd been "Tangoed" by the afternoon.

I did persevere with the sample. On the 2nd day I tried without moisturiser - still not good. On the 3rd day I tried with a more moisturising moisturiser (if you get my drift) still with the same results.

Overall I think you've guessed that I wasn't a fan. This is not to say that it may be amazing on someone else but it certainly wasn't for me. I am just relieved that I was able to get a sample rather than making a £36 mistake. Back to my Tesco Oil Free again for now!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow - I can't believe there are so many bad reviews of this stuff! I haven't ever tried the Pro Lumiere that I guess this replaced, so maybe that's part of it, but I really like this. I have dry skin, and it recently has been SUPER dry. This foundation works well for me (I do moisturize really well first, either with Dr. Hauschka Rose Cream or Estee Lauder Hydrationist) - no flakes or patchy areas. I find it very easy to apply, I have used a foundation brush, a sponge, and my fingers, and all work well. I haven't had any issues with it drying too fast or not being able to get even coverage. One pump is enough to cover my face. It looks AMAZING on - almost too perfect, if you know what I mean - no pores, no imperfections. It isn't really matte on me, more of a satiny finish - not too glowy, but not completely matte either. The color match is really perfect (22 Beige Rose). On me, it definitely lasts all day (at least 8 hrs), with no noticeable color change.
Not sure if I personally would repurchase (although I did say I would) only because it's SO pricey. And I feel like I have at least one other foundation I love that is less expensive and with more natural ingredients (important to me). But I would definitely recommend this very highly!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Lisah4907

Such a waste of money! I bought this foundation expecting great results but i was just disappointed. The foundation cost me £36 which isn't exactly cheap but the packaging is great and the product smells lovely.

I apply the foundation using my Sigma F84 brush, which can be quite tricky as the foundation dries very quickly. I am prone to oily skin and this foundation has been looking drenched after around an hour or so. The foundation doesn't sink in to my skin either and it ozidises on me after an hour or so leaving me looking like an orange mess.

All in all a total disappointment and I certaintly won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by iluvsushi

Out of all my foundation purchases, this is the most expensive out of the bunch. I've heard great reviews about Perfection Lumiere and I was curious to give it a try. However, I was put off by the pricetag for a while so I was comtemplating whether to get it or not. For ref, I have sensitive blemish prone combination skin (oily t-zone, normal to dry cheeks). I've heard this foundation is great for oily skin types because it's a liquid to powder (matte) finish which is what I always look for in a foundation, despite matte being unnatural. After trying a few samples, I was inbetween to shades - '40 Beige' & '50 Beige' (for ref, I'm between NC35-42 in MAC). 40 was slightly lighter than my skin but this foundation does oxidize on me so it did turn a little darker. 50 was almost the exact match for my natural skin tone but since it oxidizes, my face looks more bronzed towards the end of the day. I ended up buying both shades which was crazy because I paid over £60 GBP just to get the right match! However, it was worth it because I found the right foundation for me, and it's by far one of the best high end liquid foundations for oily combination skin (in my opinion).
This foundation will give a light to medium coverage but it's buildable. Since it is an oil-free foundation, you'll need to work faster at blending as it dries quickly. I usually start in one area at a time. I don't use a traditional foundation brush because it looks streaky! I love using a stippling or dense buffing brush that will blend the foundation seamlessly. I usually use a Real Techniques/Sigma brush which is perfect for using this Chanel foundation. It is a very matte but gives a soft sheen in some areas. I don't recommend this foundation for people with dry skin as this will emphasise dry areas on your face. You only need one pump to give you a light med coverage or build it up to 2 pumps/layers for med to full coverage. This has a lovely floral scent but it's not overpowering and after applying this to your face the scent fades away. If you have sensitive skin or don't like fragranced foundations then you might avoid this. I haven't had any reactions on my face since using this foundation. As for shine control, at least 3hrs after applicaton, my t-zone started to get oily but not very oily. I still blot during the day, I'd say twice with this foundaion (usually I blot 3-4 times a day!). I would still set this foundation with powder, but that's because I need my foundation to last throughout the day especially on my t-zone. Chanel claims this is a long-wearing flawless fliud makeup. I'd say this is long-wearing and I've worn this for over 8 hours. The max is between 10-12hrs on my skin, however between the 10-12hr mark I started to see some of my blemishes peaking through but it didn't bother me too much as it was the end of the day. It is 10x better than my previous foundation (MAC Pro Longwear foundation). If you're considering to buy this foundation, I'd suggest to get samples first before committing to paying the full price. Overall I think this is a great foundation for combination oily to very oily skin types. Despite the price tag, I'd happily continue to buy this foundation until i've found something else better! Hope this helps :)

(EDITED 17/12/2013:) If you want a natural "no makeup" makeup - you can mix this with your face moisturiser as a light tinted moisturiser. Because this is matte, the hydrating moisturiser wiLL balance out the dry areas on your face. I tested this out recently and it looked very natural. I have blemishes but I don't mind the sheer light coverage. Great idea if you're in a rush or don't have time to glam it up in the mornings. This is quick and easy and lightly set it with powder to make it last for a few hours :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by issallboutme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing matte finish! never broke out...amaaazing selection of color and stays on all day! what more does one need from a foundation? this is truly perfection

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by JoJoChanel

I was a bit sceptical about buying perfection lumiere because I had read a lot of negative reviews. However, after wearing pro lumiere for so long I coudn't resist going back to Chanel.

I had the SA apply Beige Rose 22 to my skin and, hearing that the makeup changed colour after 30 mins, returned to the counter to see how it looked. I was in love - the match was perfect for my skin. Usually my foundations make me look too yellowy, but as this makeup had pink undertones I found that my skin looked much more natural and fresh. Needless to say, I bought the makeup right away.

When I applied the makeup at home the next morning my heart sunk. My skin was well moisturised but when I applied the foundation there were dry patches everywhere - dry patches that had never existed before. But after paying so much money for the foundation I didn't give up, I purchased a primer from Urban DK and then found that the makeup looked stunning and flawless.

As for oxidation. About 5 hours into wearing the foundation I noticed that my skin was starting to look a bit oily on my chin. I fixed it up with some powder and it looked fine. As my makeup is a little pale, any colour change just improved the look really.

Overall, I think that this makeup is fabulous as long as your skin isn't too dry and as long as you have a decent primer underneath it. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I have makeup on for a good 12 hours a day.. So I started to breakout all over and it's super annoying. I went to the chanel counter and after a good 45 min of trying on products I bought concealer, this foundation and the foundation brush.. I spent more then 150 bucks! What sold me most on this foundation is that it's non comdegenic (doesn't clog pours), which was the main thing I was looking for. I came home super excited because it looked good at the store and I thought I found my magic tool for getting rid of acne plus I would have good coverage.. Well I was wrong! First of all let me just say you're paying all this money just for the name.. It goes on very smoothly and smells fantastic.. Main problem is that the product stays on for about an hour then you start to get super oily.. I have an oily T-zone which most foundations help control. This foundation made me so ridiculously oily I looked like I had just washed my face. I read many reviews and it seems that a lot of people had this same problem as well. I would skip this product. You're really only paying all the money because it has a high end name, but the product itself is horrible. One positive is the packaging is awesome, but that's about it. Huge disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I got 2 samples and wore the foundation for 2 days.

The 1st day i applied it with my Sigma F80 brush (Flat Top) and I found it extremly hard to work with because it is such a dry formula.The 2nd day I used my Beauty Blender sponge (damp) and applied it, worked like a dream. But still it felt very dry on my skin and remember I am an oily gal.

My over all thoughts:

Hard to work with
Formula feels very dry
10 Beige was a good match for my Nc15 skin
Sits on top of my skin doesn't sink in
Accentuates an dry patches you might have
Makes my skin look dull and lifeless
Was oily after 4 hours of wear on my nose , separated and looked terrible

So over all I really didn't like this foundation . I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dry skin. And would recommend trying a sample before spending €44 on it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by xxhoneyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not sure about this foundation, its highly expensive (£36!) and am not really impressed with the coverage either.
Ive only just purchased it but the first thing I noticed is that the MA may have match me up wrongly (nc42 in mac) and thats really upsetting considering how much you pay for something and in my circumstance how far you travel to get it. Its slightly too light for me (i was 60 Hale in pro lumiere but that was slightly too dark for me but still workable!) but i was match up to 50 biege in this foundation.
The finish of the foundation is really nice, semi-matte and it also feels very light on the skin. I have oily-combi skin, with powdering i think the foundation will last. However i had difficulties covering up some acne scarring on my cheeks, concealer is a must! but what if my mac concealer doesnt match!?
Should i go back and ask to test out the next shade up??
after an 8hr shift at work, this foundation did not look good, seems it doesnt last long on my skin unfortunately.