Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 4/24/2012 7:54:00 PM

I do not like this foundation at all. Found it very hard to apply and felt a bit like I had a "clown face" when I finally got my face covered. The colour range was awful, Beige 20 - which I wear in the Aqua Vitalumier was nothing at all similar, much paler and did nothing for my skin. I wore this once and found it disastrous and will not wear again. A shame as I loved Pro Lumier and I do really like the Aqua Vitalumier. Dont waste your money on this one girls.

on 4/18/2012 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I agree with the below review in regards to the "flat" looking comments. I don't really like this foundation. It is difficult to blend and does not wear well throughout the day. Hard to work with. The only positive is that the bottle is great, and the coverage is good. I would not buy this again.

on 4/18/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This has a very 'flat' finish when compared to other Chanel foundations (I've tried them all!) so while it might be ok for oily skin it is no good for dry skin like mine or for anyone who wants a radiant look to their skin. I would recommend the Vitalumiere Aqua over this because it 'sets' to the skin in a similar way to the 'Perfection' and has a similar light feeling and good coverage but with a little more 'oomph'!!!

on 4/16/2012 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

MY FACE IS MELTING! Got a sample of this and as soon as I put it on I hated it. It was difficult to blend in, had a strong rose scent, and looked a bit powdery. By noon the foundation was separating on my face and really emphasizing my pores and fine lines. Arguably the worst foundation I've ever used. Really disappointed as I wanted to try a Chanel foundation-I think I will try the Vitalumiere next.

on 4/16/2012 11:31:00 AM

Brilliant colour. I'm a Mac NC20 and i bought 20 Beige and it's the best colour match for a foundation i've ever used. If tested on the back on my hand, when dry the colour looks a horrid orange but when on my face it matches perfectly.
Major downside, i have large open pores and it sits in them and makes them look like craters.
I found this formula easy to spread across the face using a buffing foundation brush, but even trying to blend well and spend time blending with a brush ( i tried many types and brands), the liquid left brush marks. I found using fingers the best way to achieve a more flawless result. I expected a better or more easy application from such an expensive foundation.
I liked the finish. It looked between matt and satin. Wavering on the more matt side.
It didn't last very long on my skin. Maybe i should use more product but it looked like the wind had blown the product off in places. Strange way to explain how it wore on my skin but that's the cosset way i can describe it.
I used 2 pumps on my entire face and i can see the product lasting a long time, so if it works for you i can see the cost of the product being justified but the amount of use you would get from it.
Pros, Great colour. Love that it has a yellow undertone.
Minus,sits in pores badly. I can see this clinging to dry areas too.

on 4/16/2012 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this although I suspected that it wouldn't work for me (nothing longlasting ever has), so I can't really complain, but I must say: if your skin is on the dry side, stay away. I have tried it on top of different primers, with rich moisturiser, with sunscreen (Shiseido, LRP...), but nothing really works, and it sinks into my normally invisible pores before I have gotten my shoes on to leave the house, and it accentuates flakes I didn't know that I had. I really wanted it to work, because I love the feel once applied, but I can't get it to work and look nice on my dry skin. Also, I have an issue with the Chanel colour range, although I must admit that it has become better with the splitting up of the range into colour families. My skin is neutral, but the B range (B10, B20) is far too yellow, and the BR shades also don't look perfect. For this, I bought it in BR12, the lightest shade, which may seem a bit light, but which oxidised on me to a good enough colour. If only I could get it to work... I will try again in summer, but don't really have high hopes.

on 4/15/2012 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is actually for the 'Lift' Lumiere which is currently in the lineup at Chanel, clearly aimed at the older consumer. It is nicely emollient and easily blendable up to a point, but on me does that strange thing where it forms minute cakey pools and catches up in any tiny imperfection. Its been many years since I had a makeup do that...what is it??? an imbalance between oil, silicone, pigment??? Whatever, its a shock to find it in Chanel! Though the shade Cendre is quite good as a summer match on my pale olive skin, and not overly pink like a lot of these designer brands tend to be, all in all a disappointment.

on 4/13/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample of this, and I was so excited to try it. I forgot the color I used, but it was a good match. If I was going to purchase this I would have gone one shade lighter, but even so, I am impressed with the color selection and the way this products blends into the skin. It looks very natural. I applied this with my fingers. After blending in it felt kind of dry, which made me nervous, but my skin looked smooth and even as satin. I was impressed, so impressed I thought about paying for a full bottle. However, after a couple of hours of wear I checked myself in the mirror to find that the foundation had made my pores looking like huge craters, when they in fact are not. I was shocked and mortified. Hence the two lippies.

on 4/13/2012 9:26:00 AM

I sampled this one, and I admit I did go to a few shops to get samples.....because if you read my other reviews you can tell I have a lottttt of foundations.

Well, firstly this oxidies so I would get a shade lighter than what they test on you. I also think this is a full coverage foundation and is not for day wear, I wore this all day (looked very greasy) and by the end of the day had smile lines ?? :p So was not best pleased with aging in a day....also when it wears off it looks awful. Also, clogged my skin SO BADLY!!!! Goshhhhhh I am still dealing with the spot marks and I tried this Christmas time...really not HAPPY!

It's a waste of money and very unatural looking....its too dewy!

on 4/5/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've finally found a foundation that actually is long-lasting like it's marketed. It's a new formula meant to replace ProLumiere, and depending on who you ask, this is either a great change or a lousy one. Personally, I love this foundation. When I tried Pro, it faded from my face in 3 hours tops because I'm so oily. Perfection did not; 7 hours later it's still there, though not as good-looking as in the morning. It sets to a somewhat matte finish (not 80s/90s matte, but more natural) and it looks better as your skin gets a bit oily during the day. My skin actually looks better as the day goes on with some minor blotting.

B10 is a very natural, near perfect shade match, but be sure to take samples home to test. I was originally matched to BR22, which looked fine in store, but in natural light it was too dark and too pink/peach. (FYI I am a MAC NC/NW15 - I finally got matched yesterday because I realized that most readers look for that as a reference to shade matching)

Minor or no oxidation. Coverage is sheer to medium so concealer is needed for blemishes, undereyes, and the like. No need to powder to set. Pretty good oil control. If you have very sensitive skin, this does contain alcohol and fragrance, though it is farther down the list (i.e. not a main ingredient).

Due to the formulation, it sets VERY QUICKLY as most long-wearing foundations do. If you want a foundation that you put on in 10 seconds in the morning, you will hate this. Initially, it's a high maintenance foundation because if it's applied hastily, you will have streaks, unevenness, and settling in pores and dry patches. Fingers, a good brush, or sponge work well. You have to properly prep your skin depending on your type, but I have a feeling that those with drier skins won't like this at all. Don't use it around your eyes as it tends to be drying on delicate skin which can lead to creasing. Once applied well, you won't have to worry about it too much during the day. I didn't see any shifting or sliding on my face. If there were, it was minimal.

EDIT: For those having problems with it sinking into your pores, I found that the best way to avoid that would be to apply this the same way you would apply a BB cream or moisturizer.. That is, you use your fingers (not just your tips) and really rub it in in a circular motion and then pat down when you finished. When it just sits on top of your skin, the oil seems to make it settle. This way also cuts down on the application time I mentioned above.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty