Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

the lady who work there recommended this for because I have dry skin, but this just made it worst. instead of hydrating my skin, it cause me to break out. i got dry patches on my skin. also the price is really high for such little coverage. its obvious that im wearing makeup and it looks a bit cakey.

I bought this foundation in an attempt to replace my beloved Mat Lumiere. I was matched by a really lovely SA in shade BR20, which is also my shade in Vitalumiere Aqua (which is a perfect match for me). I have sort of a hard time finding a good match for my skin tone, which is very much peaches and cream, sort of a mix of pink and yellow and most foundations tend to be one or the other. I have found my best shade match in Clinique, but I don't really care for their foundation formulations. Anyway, she sent me home with a sample to try and in my bathroom lighting it looked really nice. I went back and purchased a full sized bottle quickly, because I wanted to use it at my wedding which was coming up in a week. Well, the next day, I noticed in day light how much it had oxidized. It was a shade or two darker and much more obviously pink toned. I really like how it wears and feels on my combination skin...very satiny and smooth but still matte and not greasy feeling, but the color change is too much for me to repurchase. Also, I took a couple of points off for the packaging because the pump always seems to leak product after I put the cap back on and make a mess. Not the worst foundation I have ever used, but I won't be buying it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Argh...they should be honest and say it´s not for dry skin types... really it´s chalky, and i use primer...it doesn´t enhance my skin in any way... and there is not a match for my skin tone...and it´s a range that claims there is a match for everybody...

2ND UPDATE: I returned this foundation because it feels way too tight on my skin. I think its because of the long lasting properties of it, after about 4 hours, my skin feels like this foundation is holding onto it for dear life

UPDATE: Ok I've been wearing this foundation for a few days and I got to say, I love it. I tried it with a whole slew of brushes and I wasn't happy with its blendability UNTIL I used the MAC 109 brush and applying it was a breeze! I tried flat foundation brushes, I tried the mac 187, as well as the smaller Sephora Platinum airbrush and with all 3, I felt it was just way too much work. I noticed that the MAC 109 brush is amazing with thin consistency liquid foundation and this one was certainly is.

2 pumps of this foundation using the MAC 109 + MAC Prolong wear concealer + MAC Blot Powder = ALL DAY PERFECTION! Try it ladies!

Not hating this product at all..I say that with a bit of skepticism. I got this when it first came out in the US in 2011 and I was matched to the wrong shades MULTIPLE times. I was matched to the "beige ambre" family. Well those would dry to look very orange. I finally a year later (now) matched myself to the beige 60 for my nc 42/43 skin.

It goes on easily with a regular foundation brush. It feels lightweight and I really like the shade because I find it very difficult to find normal looking foundation colors. This foundation is a bit lighter than the Mat Lumiere but the finish is almost the same, maybe not as much of a gel consistency upon application.

Try this if you have combo skin, it may work!

I got some sample sachets from the Chanel counter, the foundationwas recommended by the SA as a replacement for the Pro Lumiere. It sounded just what i needed when she was telling me about it. Flawless dewy finish but matt on the t zone and long lasting. The foundation did not fit any of the descriptions above!!. In my opinion it is too thin, too oily, does not last and has nothing on Pro Lumiere!. However the new shade range for this foundation is really good and the glass frosted bottle is great, but i hate the product and would be waste of money if i had purchased it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I have Normal-ish skin (really depends on the weather..). Since I'm 20 and still have a bit of acne I use Clearasil to wash my face. Some days the Clearasil dries out my face... When I use this foundation it really moisturizes my skin on those dry days. I think it's really worth the money and I love the coverage. My acne is only a few pimples here and there and they come and go... However, this foundation does a good job covering them for me. It may not completely cover the acne but I think it does a very good job. I know this review is everywhere, but anyone with a bit of acne and wants a natural look I really really recommend this one! :D

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was sold this by the SA as a replacement for matt lumiere, which was my previous foundation of choice. I warned her that I have very oily skin but she told me this foundation would be fine. Totally wasn't. For a Chanel foundation it's a complete disappointment. I've also tried the vitalumiere aqua which i am a fan of. This foundation was difficult to blend, it looked ok for the first hour or so and then my skin got very very shiny, i had to blot a lot more than on a regular day and the makeup started to melt off by the end of my work day. Do not recommend for oily skin at all.

glad i didnt read the reviews on this foundation or i wouldnt have bought it ..but honestly i have fallen in love with this one , been using it now for a few days and my skin looks better than it has in a long time , doesnt feel oily and doesnt dry out my skin..

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm on the fence about this foundation. My color (94 Ambre) has strong yellow undertones, which is good. But, the coverage is weird. It's a medium coverage foundation, but it feels like a full coverage foundation. I think this will be my everyday wear foundation, because it makes my skin look natural.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Works wonderfully for my combination skin. It's not sticky - like many other foundations, light-medium coverage, and it is very light in weight. I don't feel like I am wearing foundation at all. Don't recommend it for people who are looking for full coverage.