August 1, 2014 | 1236 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Lisah4907

Such a waste of money! I bought this foundation expecting great results but i was just disappointed. The foundation cost me £36 which isn't exactly cheap but the packaging is great and the product smells lovely.

I apply the foundation using my Sigma F84 brush, which can be quite tricky as the foundation dries very quickly. I am prone to oily skin and this foundation has been looking drenched after around an hour or so. The foundation doesn't sink in to my skin either and it ozidises on me after an hour or so leaving me looking like an orange mess.

All in all a total disappointment and I certaintly won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by iluvsushi

Out of all my foundation purchases, this is the most expensive out of the bunch. I've heard great reviews about Perfection Lumiere and I was curious to give it a try. However, I was put off by the pricetag for a while so I was comtemplating whether to get it or not. For ref, I have sensitive blemish prone combination skin (oily t-zone, normal to dry cheeks). I've heard this foundation is great for oily skin types because it's a liquid to powder (matte) finish which is what I always look for in a foundation, despite matte being unnatural. After trying a few samples, I was inbetween to shades - '40 Beige' & '50 Beige' (for ref, I'm between NC35-42 in MAC). 40 was slightly lighter than my skin but this foundation does oxidize on me so it did turn a little darker. 50 was almost the exact match for my natural skin tone but since it oxidizes, my face looks more bronzed towards the end of the day. I ended up buying both shades which was crazy because I paid over £60 GBP just to get the right match! However, it was worth it because I found the right foundation for me, and it's by far one of the best high end liquid foundations for oily combination skin (in my opinion).
This foundation will give a light to medium coverage but it's buildable. Since it is an oil-free foundation, you'll need to work faster at blending as it dries quickly. I usually start in one area at a time. I don't use a traditional foundation brush because it looks streaky! I love using a stippling or dense buffing brush that will blend the foundation seamlessly. I usually use a Real Techniques/Sigma brush which is perfect for using this Chanel foundation. It is a very matte but gives a soft sheen in some areas. I don't recommend this foundation for people with dry skin as this will emphasise dry areas on your face. You only need one pump to give you a light med coverage or build it up to 2 pumps/layers for med to full coverage. This has a lovely floral scent but it's not overpowering and after applying this to your face the scent fades away. If you have sensitive skin or don't like fragranced foundations then you might avoid this. I haven't had any reactions on my face since using this foundation. As for shine control, at least 3hrs after applicaton, my t-zone started to get oily but not very oily. I still blot during the day, I'd say twice with this foundaion (usually I blot 3-4 times a day!). I would still set this foundation with powder, but that's because I need my foundation to last throughout the day especially on my t-zone. Chanel claims this is a long-wearing flawless fliud makeup. I'd say this is long-wearing and I've worn this for over 8 hours. The max is between 10-12hrs on my skin, however between the 10-12hr mark I started to see some of my blemishes peaking through but it didn't bother me too much as it was the end of the day. It is 10x better than my previous foundation (MAC Pro Longwear foundation). If you're considering to buy this foundation, I'd suggest to get samples first before committing to paying the full price. Overall I think this is a great foundation for combination oily to very oily skin types. Despite the price tag, I'd happily continue to buy this foundation until i've found something else better! Hope this helps :)

(EDITED 17/12/2013:) If you want a natural "no makeup" makeup - you can mix this with your face moisturiser as a light tinted moisturiser. Because this is matte, the hydrating moisturiser wiLL balance out the dry areas on your face. I tested this out recently and it looked very natural. I have blemishes but I don't mind the sheer light coverage. Great idea if you're in a rush or don't have time to glam it up in the mornings. This is quick and easy and lightly set it with powder to make it last for a few hours :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by issallboutme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing matte finish! never broke out...amaaazing selection of color and stays on all day! what more does one need from a foundation? this is truly perfection

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by JoJoChanel

I was a bit sceptical about buying perfection lumiere because I had read a lot of negative reviews. However, after wearing pro lumiere for so long I coudn't resist going back to Chanel.

I had the SA apply Beige Rose 22 to my skin and, hearing that the makeup changed colour after 30 mins, returned to the counter to see how it looked. I was in love - the match was perfect for my skin. Usually my foundations make me look too yellowy, but as this makeup had pink undertones I found that my skin looked much more natural and fresh. Needless to say, I bought the makeup right away.

When I applied the makeup at home the next morning my heart sunk. My skin was well moisturised but when I applied the foundation there were dry patches everywhere - dry patches that had never existed before. But after paying so much money for the foundation I didn't give up, I purchased a primer from Urban DK and then found that the makeup looked stunning and flawless.

As for oxidation. About 5 hours into wearing the foundation I noticed that my skin was starting to look a bit oily on my chin. I fixed it up with some powder and it looked fine. As my makeup is a little pale, any colour change just improved the look really.

Overall, I think that this makeup is fabulous as long as your skin isn't too dry and as long as you have a decent primer underneath it. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I have makeup on for a good 12 hours a day.. So I started to breakout all over and it's super annoying. I went to the chanel counter and after a good 45 min of trying on products I bought concealer, this foundation and the foundation brush.. I spent more then 150 bucks! What sold me most on this foundation is that it's non comdegenic (doesn't clog pours), which was the main thing I was looking for. I came home super excited because it looked good at the store and I thought I found my magic tool for getting rid of acne plus I would have good coverage.. Well I was wrong! First of all let me just say you're paying all this money just for the name.. It goes on very smoothly and smells fantastic.. Main problem is that the product stays on for about an hour then you start to get super oily.. I have an oily T-zone which most foundations help control. This foundation made me so ridiculously oily I looked like I had just washed my face. I read many reviews and it seems that a lot of people had this same problem as well. I would skip this product. You're really only paying all the money because it has a high end name, but the product itself is horrible. One positive is the packaging is awesome, but that's about it. Huge disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I got 2 samples and wore the foundation for 2 days.

The 1st day i applied it with my Sigma F80 brush (Flat Top) and I found it extremly hard to work with because it is such a dry formula.The 2nd day I used my Beauty Blender sponge (damp) and applied it, worked like a dream. But still it felt very dry on my skin and remember I am an oily gal.

My over all thoughts:

Hard to work with
Formula feels very dry
10 Beige was a good match for my Nc15 skin
Sits on top of my skin doesn't sink in
Accentuates an dry patches you might have
Makes my skin look dull and lifeless
Was oily after 4 hours of wear on my nose , separated and looked terrible

So over all I really didn't like this foundation . I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dry skin. And would recommend trying a sample before spending €44 on it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by xxhoneyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not sure about this foundation, its highly expensive (£36!) and am not really impressed with the coverage either.
Ive only just purchased it but the first thing I noticed is that the MA may have match me up wrongly (nc42 in mac) and thats really upsetting considering how much you pay for something and in my circumstance how far you travel to get it. Its slightly too light for me (i was 60 Hale in pro lumiere but that was slightly too dark for me but still workable!) but i was match up to 50 biege in this foundation.
The finish of the foundation is really nice, semi-matte and it also feels very light on the skin. I have oily-combi skin, with powdering i think the foundation will last. However i had difficulties covering up some acne scarring on my cheeks, concealer is a must! but what if my mac concealer doesnt match!?
Should i go back and ask to test out the next shade up??
after an 8hr shift at work, this foundation did not look good, seems it doesnt last long on my skin unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by blushmetweetme

I didn't really understand why this foundation had such bad reviews, because I fell in love with the shade matches, coverage and scent of this foundation the moment I first tried it.However, after trying this on many different friends and people of all different ages, I have concluded that this foundation, despite being great for me, is not great for everyone. I have given this product full marks from my personal experience, however there are some people who really need to think about the purchase of this foundation a little more carefully before investing. It is A LOT of money. It is £36 here in the UK, which is pretty steep for a foundation from Chanel. Although they are a high end luxury brand, they are charging the price of a typical product from a brand like By Terry, for example.

1) People with Dry Skin.
You need to have well hydrated skin for this so sit well. It will cling to dry patches if they are physically "flaky". My skin is dry, but it is not literally flaking. I tried this on some friends with dry skin, and on one of them who had incredibly dry skin, it clung between and around her eyebrows, and looked terrible.

2) People who do not like to use a Primer.
This foundation is not a foundation that sits well without a primer. You need a little bit of a base to get amazing results. If you have dry/normal skin then the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer works really, really well in conjunction with this foundation. Equally, you could mix this foundation with something luminescent such as the Burberry Glow Primer, NARS Copacabana Illuminater, BECCA shimmering skin perfecter, or MAC strobe cream or strobe liquid lotion.

3) People who look for a "dewy" Glow.
This foundation gives a MATTE glow. Stupid really, that chanel tried to replace a really luminous, glowy foundation and a matte foundation with one product, because they were never going to keep everybody happy. However, they did, and so if you were a Pro Lumiere fan, or like dewy, glowy, foundations that give that Jennifer Aniston, Rosie Huntington Whiteley "esque" kind of glow, this will not be for you.

There will be a lot of people however that like this foundation, like me. If you have good skin (as with any foundation) this will benefit you. But the coverage is really build able and therefore will be excellent for people with redness/pigmentation problems, acne, acne scars or spots, as long as you don't fit into any of the above categories for people I recommended should NOT get this foundation.

The shade range for this foundation is EXCELLENT. Possible the best I have seen from a range of foundations (Other than Giorgio Armani).There is a shade for everyone here, and so if you are someone who has struggled in the past to find a match close to your skin, you will love that they have to offer here.

This foundation lasts a good 8 hours on the skin before it starts to fade, and even then it doesn't fade hugely. Any working person will appreciate this in a foundation, and the fact that it is so long wear makes it ideal for everyday use, as well as special occasions and events.

It also photographs well. A bonus for makeup artists or models, who rely on foundations that look good for photographs.

Overall, I like this foundation a lot. I think unfortunately for the foundation, it is always going to get bad reviews, just because they replaced two incredible foundations with it, even though it is nothing like either of them. If you were a Pro Lumiere fan, this is much more matte, and has much less of a glow, which is not what you are going to want/look for in a foundation. If you were a Matte Lumiere fan, then this inst really completely matte, it gives a matte glow. So I think few people are going to be happy with, or approve of this foundation.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kristen20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite a lot of the negative reviews, this is truly one of my favorite foundations! I've owned so many, and this is only the second foundation I've nearly finished, the other being Estee Lauder Double Wear. One of the biggest pros of this foundation, for me, is the great shade match. I am NC15 with cool yellow undertones, and B10 is nearly a dead-on match. The only issue is that, like others have mentioned, it has a tendency to oxidize slightly about 20 minutes after application, depending on your skin type. I would recommend asking for a sample first.

Another thing that I love about this foundation is the coverage and longevity. It has medium, buildable coverage, definitely not heavy feeling like Double Wear. Unfortunately, it does not measure up to Double Wear in terms of how long it lasts. It leaves a satin-matte finish on the skin when initially applied, which does not need to be set with powder. However, I prefer to set it with a little loose powder to keep it longer-lasting. I would say I can go about a solid 6-hours before I need to touch up. For reference, I have oily, clog-prone skin. This has not exacerbated my acne in any way. Overall, I would say this a good choice for those with combo/slightly oily skin looking for a medium-coverage, satin matte foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by lauracrua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in 12 Beige Rose, which is still too dark for my skin. However the positives about this foundation definitely make up for the poor shade choice.
This foundation lasts all day. I can apply it at 8 in the morning and it is still on at 11pm! It gives a lovely semi matte, professional finish to my skin while not looking like a mask on my very dry skin. More importantly it doesn't feel like a mask either and hasn't irritated my skin in the slightest.