January 29, 2015 | 1605 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's see where do i begin?
Pro's :This is the first fondation that has matched my skin color so closely 94 ambre( i usually have to blend two colors , so this was a delightful surprise) It's semi matte a.k.a a nice satin finish.It has a nice smell and it is very smooth.

con's: it oxidizes rather quickly on my skin , the coverage is very light, it's more of a tinted moisturizer. It does not cover blemishes at all, not even the slightest blemish. It's not cost effective at all, it retails @ $60 per bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by cynthia27

This is a okay foundation you need to apply it after your moisturizer because it drys really fast. Its a matt finish but after 3 hrs it sets in your face and your face oils make it a natural finish although you may have to blot your face at least one time throughout the day. I would recommend it to people with combination skin and not dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by hs1baker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Perfection Lumiere is a good choice if you like medium buildable coverage with a Matte finish. It works best on those that have normal skin. By nature of being a matte finish, it will be more difficult for someone with dry skin to wear - try to stick with more hydrating or dewy type finish foundations. You would assume that this would be perfect then for someone with oily skin but that is not the case. It will start to break down and separate after a couple of hours of wear. Initially, it looks beautiful on everyone though so if you're only going out for a couple of hours and you want your face to look flawless, then go for it! It really is a beautiful foundation.

The biggest complaint that I've heard about this foundation is that it is extremely yellow. Personally, I like a more yellow toned foundation for my NC35-40 skin so it's perfect (purchased the 40 Beige). If you have $55 to spend on foundation, then go for it, but my recommendation is to always try something new - don't focus on the brand - you can find excellent foundations at all price points.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I myself hated it first when i got a sample! but then i wore it for a night out and every one Complimented me oh how good my skin and make looked, so I went ahead and bought a full size. I like the fact that its completely matt so I can control where I want to highlight. I am not sure if I will buy it again, I have been using it all winter and I cant see it getting empty anytime soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by megncee

I mean, people would say anything to get you to buy a product wouldn't they? Luckily I just got a sample of this. The sales lady was going on and on about Chanel quality and how this is revolutionary but I just accepted a sample. I got B20. I thought it applied okay and set quickly so that I could layer the foundation to a more medium coverage. It did a good job of covering acne and scars. The finish was lovely and it kept me less shiny than usual (I only blotted once the entre day when I usually do 3-4 times). It gave a nice sheen to my oily skin and did not oxidize horribly. However, after a few hours of wearing this, I saw what all the complaints were about. This foundation lifts, and cracks, and settles, and moves, and it plain ugly. HOW can CHANEL be making a product at this price and under their brand that is so bad??!? I feel like contacting the company it was so bad. This is only the second review I have ever written so it is a pretty big deal when I do. I feel like this foundation would not work on dry skin types or oily skin types but perhaps for someone with perfectly balanced, hydrated, and smooth skin. Do NOT waste your money!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice frosted glass bottle with a pump. Smells great and had a consistency that is between runny and thick. Very expensive considering the amount.
I bought a color that is too light for my face so when I blend it is so very noticeable if I haven't blended it right. I bought a beige 030 (if i recall correctly) and I'm an nc40.
Like other reviewers I find it hard to blend, and it doesn't 'mesh' or seep into my skin, just kinda sits on top until I spray fix+.
It looks abit chalky and too matte for my liking and it does accentuate my dry spots during the winter (which is the time I bought it)
It has medium coverage depending on how much you've applied and does a passable job at covering my faded acne scars. I apply this with my 187 Mac stippling brush and it seems fingers does a worse job. I haven't tried a sponge because I hate them.
it does have a great smell and feels like your wearing nothing at all. I haven't had problems with oxidizing and does a decent job at controlling oil, again not the best but it controls for about 6-7 hours before I look shiny shiny. (I am dry around the nose crease and mouth area, oily to very oily on the forehead and cheeks) The color also seems to kinda fade so it isn't very long wearing.
It isn't bad, but it isnt good and I wouldn't repurchase this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am surprised at the bad reviews for this foundation saying things like it's drying and heavy. I used a generous sample of it for two weeks. I am in my 40s and have dry skin. What I liked about this foundation was that it went on very smoothly (applied with fingers) and didn't feel "foundation-y" at all. Throughout the day it didn't even feel like it was there; didn't develop a greasy or cakey feeling; and didn't change color. I have some skin discolorations which it covered well even using just a small amount. I think this would be a great foundation for women who can't stand the feeling of foundation, because it really feels like nothing going on. That said, most women who don't like the feeling of foundation aren't going to spend $55 on it, because they're generally no-makeup type people who wear nothing but Chapstick. The reason I wouldn't buy it is that it's not better ENOUGH compared to midpriced foundations for me to spend twice as much.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Deathray33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundations packaging is certainly pretty but the actual foundation I'm not too fond of.

Firstly, it blends really badly with my skin and the coverage isn't that great. Yes it is buildable but I just cringe every time I have to use more that one pump. I wear the colour 20 Beige and it really suits my skin. I feel like for the ridiculous amount of money spent this foundation could be FAR better.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by MyLilBabushkaFamily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Considering I paid 90 Australian dollars for this foundation I wanted to LOVE THIS! But I just couldn't. First I think the colour was wrong for me, I found it a bit yellow at times. Second of all it didn't give me the perfect flawless complexion the sales lady promised it would.

I came off after and few hours, so definitely didn't last. I don't know, like I said I wanted to love this, but definitely couldn't :( I have heard great things about Chanel and it's the first time I used a Chanel foundation, definitely let down!

Going to try Estee Lauder Double Wear, have heard this is great, so looking forward to that!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

I don't understand why this receives so many bad reviews! I found it easy to apply, It's buildable, has a long staying power and it looks natural. I like the scent and the bottle looks really classy. I have some dry patches but it covered them with no problem! Will definitely buy this again.