Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

got a sample in Beige #30. Not impressed with this one. Doesn't cover as well as my Vitalumiere Aqua, seems thinner and sheerer. I'll stick with my Vitalumiere.

on 4/27/2012 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am not a liquid foundation girl as I usually prefer mineral powder foundation or BB cream. I bought it on a whim at the airport and reckoned this was one of my best impulse buy ever.

This foundation feels lightweight and blends very easily onto skin (using your warm fingers). What I like about this foundation is that it is buildable and gives a good coverage (medium to full) - which is important as I have lots of acne marks and scars. After application it gives a very matte & polished finish with a hint of luminosity. But the finish gets even better over the course of the day and becomes more natural and luminous as it settles onto your skin.

What I love best about this foundation is it's staying power. I never had a foundation that did not melt off my face after running around in the hot sun (32 deg c & high humidity) and slogging over a stove in a hot kitchen for a dinner party - all in the same day without having to touch up even once). Even after 10 hours, my make up was in tact (no fading or oxidisation), the coverage stayed on and my skin still looked semi matte.

While I love this foundation, it is not for everyone. I think it is better suited for those with combination to oily skin and prefer a polished matte finish. For those who like a dewy and highly natural look will not like this velvety finish. And if you have dry skin or suffer from dehydrated winter skin, you might want to steer clear of this.

on 4/25/2012 4:24:00 PM

changing my review.... this foundation is so dull i dont understand only after an hour or 2 i can see the powder residue slightly wear off. you definately need perfect skin for perfection lumiere. vita lumiere aqua is amazing though, i just hate the plastic packaging

on 4/25/2012 10:58:00 AM

If you have oily skin, then definitely give this one a try. I have combination skin type-NC30. I am using 30 beige which is a perfect match.I have tried many luminous foundations and while they look amazing for the first couple hours, I notice the oil slick on my T zone and my cheeks by lunch time... yuck. But not with this foundation, my face looks fresh and even toned without any need to set with loose powder. There is a pleasant rose fragrance which dissipates after few minutes. The product has amazing wear. I applied it in the morning and the foundation looked superb throughout the day. In the evening, I was gardening and even after all the sweating, the product stayed put. The first day when I used the sample mailed to me, my husband who never notices anything about make up, made a comment as to my face looking amazing. This is huge...I had to buy the bottle after I used up the sample. This is my fav foundation for the summer....woohooo !!!!!

on 4/24/2012 7:54:00 PM

I do not like this foundation at all. Found it very hard to apply and felt a bit like I had a "clown face" when I finally got my face covered. The colour range was awful, Beige 20 - which I wear in the Aqua Vitalumier was nothing at all similar, much paler and did nothing for my skin. I wore this once and found it disastrous and will not wear again. A shame as I loved Pro Lumier and I do really like the Aqua Vitalumier. Dont waste your money on this one girls.

on 4/18/2012 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I agree with the below review in regards to the "flat" looking comments. I don't really like this foundation. It is difficult to blend and does not wear well throughout the day. Hard to work with. The only positive is that the bottle is great, and the coverage is good. I would not buy this again.

on 4/18/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This has a very 'flat' finish when compared to other Chanel foundations (I've tried them all!) so while it might be ok for oily skin it is no good for dry skin like mine or for anyone who wants a radiant look to their skin. I would recommend the Vitalumiere Aqua over this because it 'sets' to the skin in a similar way to the 'Perfection' and has a similar light feeling and good coverage but with a little more 'oomph'!!!

on 4/16/2012 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

MY FACE IS MELTING! Got a sample of this and as soon as I put it on I hated it. It was difficult to blend in, had a strong rose scent, and looked a bit powdery. By noon the foundation was separating on my face and really emphasizing my pores and fine lines. Arguably the worst foundation I've ever used. Really disappointed as I wanted to try a Chanel foundation-I think I will try the Vitalumiere next.

on 4/16/2012 11:31:00 AM

Brilliant colour. I'm a Mac NC20 and i bought 20 Beige and it's the best colour match for a foundation i've ever used. If tested on the back on my hand, when dry the colour looks a horrid orange but when on my face it matches perfectly.
Major downside, i have large open pores and it sits in them and makes them look like craters.
I found this formula easy to spread across the face using a buffing foundation brush, but even trying to blend well and spend time blending with a brush ( i tried many types and brands), the liquid left brush marks. I found using fingers the best way to achieve a more flawless result. I expected a better or more easy application from such an expensive foundation.
I liked the finish. It looked between matt and satin. Wavering on the more matt side.
It didn't last very long on my skin. Maybe i should use more product but it looked like the wind had blown the product off in places. Strange way to explain how it wore on my skin but that's the cosset way i can describe it.
I used 2 pumps on my entire face and i can see the product lasting a long time, so if it works for you i can see the cost of the product being justified but the amount of use you would get from it.
Pros, Great colour. Love that it has a yellow undertone.
Minus,sits in pores badly. I can see this clinging to dry areas too.

on 4/16/2012 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this although I suspected that it wouldn't work for me (nothing longlasting ever has), so I can't really complain, but I must say: if your skin is on the dry side, stay away. I have tried it on top of different primers, with rich moisturiser, with sunscreen (Shiseido, LRP...), but nothing really works, and it sinks into my normally invisible pores before I have gotten my shoes on to leave the house, and it accentuates flakes I didn't know that I had. I really wanted it to work, because I love the feel once applied, but I can't get it to work and look nice on my dry skin. Also, I have an issue with the Chanel colour range, although I must admit that it has become better with the splitting up of the range into colour families. My skin is neutral, but the B range (B10, B20) is far too yellow, and the BR shades also don't look perfect. For this, I bought it in BR12, the lightest shade, which may seem a bit light, but which oxidised on me to a good enough colour. If only I could get it to work... I will try again in summer, but don't really have high hopes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty