September 21, 2014 | 1940 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by nova

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm familar with both Milani Cosmetics and its cheaper sister line Jordana. Great companies for the price. This mascara cost me only $2.99, so I had to see if it was good. Well, after using it for some time, I find that it works great in one coat, in that it

1) held my stubborn straight lashes curled, even though it is not a waterproof formula
2) very rich black color
3) thicken, voluminzed, and lengthen my undectable natural lashes
4) removal is a breeze, and did I say how cheap this was

However,
It is a very thick formula, so you must comb out excess w/lash comb, after application. I find one coat was enough drama for day wear. It will get thick and clumpy looking after more than one coat.

And, With all mascaras, I learn to use a topcoat (clear mascara type product...I use a brow gel from Geogirl-cheap, Anastassia is a more expensive option) to keep any mascara from smudging and to waterproof it). I have always had a problem with smudging with any non-tubing mascaras, whether it be waterproof or not, just because my lids are very oily. A top-coat is a must for me. With regards to those mascara that uses tubes/tubing, those do work well for smudging, but they are expensive and tend to make my lashes look wimpy, in comparison to this mascara and topcoat combo. Just be sure to apply top coat sparingly, to lightly coat as too much makes lashes stiff and droopy because of the extra weight.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by traciw24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best Mascara if you want dramatic thick & long lashes. The only reason I tried this inexpensive $3 mascara is thanks to Makeup Alley. So glad I gave it a try. Last time I went I bought the last 2 my store had. My lashes are thick and med in length...
I do the wiggle with this and get the longest lashes I have ever gotten. Even from Hypnose that used to be my HG...I recently bought Hypnose and realized just how much more the Jordana mascara lengthens my lashes & makes them stand out and it is a fraction of the price. Never thought I could find such a deal that works better than high end brands.

I will note that at times it does clump and can be frustrating and look gross. I'm not sure what causes this as the next time I go to use the same tube it works great. I think the angle I apply it and if I'm in the car (not driving) might have something to do with the clumping. (maybe if the ac/heat is on causing it to dry out) not so sure, but did want to point it out. Usually I do the wiggle and if clumping does occur I brush the wand down on the top of the lashes and it separates fixing the issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by mcasarez

Great mascara.. I've used Benefits, Maybeline etc.. This one separates and lengths.. Never would have picked it up if not for this site.. Most all recommendations have been on point...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by misssweetmarie

Are you kidding - this product is amazing. I've used the high end and the 'middle end' for so long and then got one of these babies and couldn't believe it. It is the mascara of queens. I'm hitting up the k-mart for what is left in stock. It took me a few months to get the one I have. $2.99. I will buy this again & again. Lasts all day - makes my lashes stand out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara is beyond awesome! Thank God to the chick who put it in here monthly favs that raved so much cause mascara is just not something I take chances on trying out. I am very fortunate to have pretty long lashes in the 1st place, so a mascara that can get my attention like this did is a big deal. It's not to watery or to dry. So u have time to keep adding coats and it just really is crazy how much improvment this made being this is 3 bucks! I imagine it can get clumpy but using another makeup wand out of something like revlon 3 d or the new clump crusher after every coat will help with that. maybelline xxl with the 2 sides has been my hg mascara for yrs and yrs and this just to the title! If u want dramtic lashes this is for u!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by kaycieleaver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really loved this mascara. It was great. My new HG and then it started to get hard to apply. It was gloopy, dry, and gave me spider lashes. It became very hard to work with. I know what you must be thinking. "Is this girl an idiot? Her mascara is just dried up. She needs to buy a new one." Wrong. It took this mascara a whole two weeks to be unusable. So I bought a new one thinking it was a fluke. Nope. Same thing. Awesome lashes for two weeks. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by netmom1

Wow, this is a great mascara! It thickens, lengthens and stays on very well. It doesn't clump and is easy to apply. It seems every bit as good as my usual Estee Lauder. I will definitely rebuy this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can see why people like this- it does build a lot of volume and length. My problem with it is that it does clump badly. I couldn't really use it on my bottom lashes at all because of this. That is why I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used to love this, but the last 2 I bought were so clumpy from the get go. I don't know if I'm getting bad ones? Idk will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by MikaylaMarie

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried.. And believe me I have tried plenty. I even pick this over "they're real" and it's so cheap!