February 1, 2015 | 1658 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love lancome mascaras and rotate between definicils and hypnose, so I thought I'd try this new one. I really didn't like it. There isn't ONE good thing to say. I didn't know it was possible for a mascara to make me look like I had less lashes! It drooped so much that I looked like a lashless turtle within an hour. Also, my eyes even began to itch around the lash line, so this formula must contain some really different ingredients than the other lancome ones. I hope to return it -- I won't even give it a 2nd chance.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by maconly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just don't get these positive reviews. This mascara sucks. I am a Lancome mascara lover, and am a faithful Hypnose Drama user, and the Doll lashes just pales in comparison. Drama is awesome, thickening and contributing to the 'false' look, it's tough to use at first, but after that, it's the best mascara out there as far as I'm concerned.
Don't buy this, it's a major letdown which is surprising coming from Lancome. Too bad :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by pearce38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the lancome hypnose mascara used for a while now, saw dolls eyes version thought give it a go and wow very impressed! Cone shape of the brush reaches all my lashes even my bottom one's leaving them long separated and thick plus very intense black. I know is an expensive mascara but tried cheaper one's before and do not do want they say so end buying dearer one in the end anyway! I f you want long thick lucsious lashes this is the mascara for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by sonjabra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tested this the other day in our department store and was so impressed that I got myself a tube right away. The regular Hypnose has been my HG ever since I tried it the first time, but this one took it's place!

First, the brush: It picks up just the right amount of mascara from the first day - with regular Hypnose, I had to wipe off the brush the first 2-3 weeks as it picks up too much in the beginning (same with Hypnose waterproof). I don't have this issue with Doll Lashes, and the conical brush is very easy to handle.

The durability of this mascara is awesome: I got caught in heavy rain today, and since Doll Lashes isn't waterproof, I thought I would get panda eyes - but nope! My lashes stuck together a bit, but the mascara stayed on them nicely. A huge plus in my book.

As every mascara, I use this together with Cils Booster. The effect is awesome without Cils Booster aswell, but I simply go for every little extra-oompf I can get...;-) My lashes get nice and fluttery with this mascara, and it's a nice deep black, very pigmented, no clumps at all, and I'm very happy with the lengthening/voluminizing effect it gives to my lashes.

The tube is very nice, easy on the hand, and very pretty with the flowers on it. I'm not good at describing scents and think that everybody perceives scents differently, but at least to me, the scent of this mascara is delicious. I will for sure buy this again!

I never thought that anything could be better than my beloved Hypnose (which I used faithfully for over a year and people who know me, know that this is long for me to stick with the same mascara, LOL), but Hypnose Doll Lashes is my new HG for sure!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ssnazzy9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did not like this at all. Lashes didn't look thicker, they ended up looking thinner and just spiky. Don't waste your money - very average at best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by mtack

Not impressed. No a bad mascara if you are looking for natural lashes. However, I want thick, long lahes and Hypnose Doll did not delivered. Did not like the brush either, a little to fat at the base. Basically, this mascara gave me spiky lashes. This is not a mascara to layer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ToriLeigh

This mascara is fabulous! I love the two different size brushes which enable me to reach each and every eyelash I have. I am blessed to have very long upper and lower eyelashes. People complement me all the time. Because of my long lashes there isn't a mascara on the market I haven't purchased and tried. Without a doubt Lancome offers the best mascara. Everyone in the industry knows Lancome is where it's at for mascara. Hands down this is the absolute best mascara and I won't be straying from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by MaryKate88

I'm Asian, so I prefer my mascara's to have smaller brushes. This mascara has a small brushhead for my small innerlashes and a fuller body for my longer lashes. And I've got to say, the result is stunning! This is my favourite Lancome mascara now. It seperates lashes very well, gives them volume and length and more importantly, lift my lashes very well! Result: beautiful lashes, just like a doll!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by sarahqu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After trying both hypnose and defincils mascara by lancome and liking both mascaras a fair amount, I decided to give doll eyes a try. It is a decent mascara but it still does not beat my covergirl lashblast fusion & diorshow combination; much like its' predecessors. The tapered shape of the brush allows you to get all the little lashes nearer to your nose, but I think the actual consistency of the mascara is a bit too dry and makes lashes look somewhat spidery. If paired with a creamier mascara (such as covergirl lash blast) it does give a nice finish to the lashes but on its own, not so great. The packaging however is really cute and I like the smell too! I'd only buy this again if it was cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by illume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was super excited to try this mascara but it was a bit dissapointing for me. It wasn't overly volumizing; it does non-clumpily build volume coat by coat, but its lengthening nature does create those 'tips' for my lashes. I think after about of month of using this mascara it will thicken up for me to my liking. I do love the scent like the previous reviewer mentioned. Feels super soft on the lashes.