July 28, 2014 | 1313 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by simplyy_original

My bottle leaked . Overall i think this is a good product for blemish-skin only. It worked for me, but it didn't rid of my acne

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by xoxoluluxoxo

This wash is really light, but it gets the job done, and I love the foaming action. It also seems to hydrate the skin without making it greasy. Wonderful product!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by missmshl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the only thing i like about this cleanser is that it is easy to wash off. it doesn't really do anything for my skin except cleanse it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by lamesauce8697

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this cleanser for about 6 months now. I am on my second bottle because the pump on the first one broke. I only use this cleanser at night and afterwards I use the lotion from this line. It has worked better than most drugstore cleansers that I have purchased in the past, but it is still not capable of ridding all of my acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by jakay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the Aveeno Clear Complexion line after reading reviews for it in magazines. Unfortunately, the only thing that this product has going for it is the price. I did find it better than most drugstore brands, but not by too much. This cleanser, at times, was a bit too drying. Although I liked that it gave my oily face a proper cleanse, I didn't like the dry, tight feeling I got afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by KDCook

I have oily, breakout prone skin.

This cleanser is great for getting rid of makeup at the end of the day, but it can be drying. I use it twice a day and have found that, with a salicylic acid cream, it's cleared up most of my breakout areas.

However, because it is a little harsh, I've had to start using a calming night cream to counter act some of the redness. It's a fair trade off for me, since it's the first cleanser that's even remotely gentle that's been able to control my breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by graceiscool06x

I wouldnt buy this again just because I love trying new products. That said the foam is really fun and I think this cleanser is super gentle and natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by simplyviki

I didn't like this product because it was too light. It came out as an airy foam, which seemed to almost disappear if I tried to wash my face with it. It only contains 5% salycilic acid, not enough for my mild acne prone skin. Plus I feel the need for an exfoliant. This just felt like I was barely washing my face. I loved the pump container though, it's the perfect dispenser. If the product was more substantial, I might have liked it more.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jsonnet98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product pretty much did nothing for me. I've been using Neutrogena's 3 step acne on and off for the past 3 years, but I decided I wanted to try this cleaner b/c I'd read that acne-prone people shouldn't use an exfoliator every day.

But this did nothing but dry my skin out ! I wish I couldn't agree with that reviewer who says her oil-blotting papers stick to her skin, but unfortunately I do! The product also dries my hands out too. For some reason, washing with this has also left lots of mascara gunk IN my eyes! This has never happened with another cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another useless product from Aveeno. I have absolutely no luck with this brand. I bought it in a whim last summer - I was staying a few days at my mom's place and I was out of facewash so I ended up buying this foaming cleanser at the drugstore nearby.

I can tell the difference when I use this - it does absolutely nothing special. I think I could use only plain tap water to wash my face and it would be exactly the same. I also find that it doesn't clean that well. The foam is a good idea, it's light and refreshing, but I don't feel that my face is cleaned and free of makeup - so I use it in the morning instead. The lather is average - not extremely foamy nor thick but has a good consistency - and I need at least 2 "pumps" to have the proper amount of product to wash all my face. It didn' help my skin in any way but to be honest it didn't make it worse either. I will try to use it up, but if the bottle is not finished in June when I'll be moving in my new appartment, I won't be saddened to throw it in my trash can!!

Now I'm fed up - no more Aveeno stuff for me. continued >>