November 21, 2014 | 1742 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

really amazing foundation, have tried many from chanel mac revlon nars and this is one of the best, and including the other healthy mix foundation which is outstanding.

the coverage is light-medium and its so smooth and creamy, it glides on and doesnt sit in pores. they are mostly yellow toned but not overly so.. but this is so flattering, healthiest glow ever! lasts for about 6 hours i would say, without primer or powder.

really, really reccommend if you want a light-medium glowing moisturizing foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Gothinha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tenho usado esse produto por alguns meses. Minha pele é seca. Esse produto da a cobertura idela para o dia-dia sem parecer pesada. Dura horrores no rosto e matem minha pele bem hidratada.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Tried it for the first time yesterday. I got this by mistake instead of the Healthy Mix, which I still want to try. Most of the reviews are spot on: gel-like, dewy consistency, fresh and hydrated but not greasy. It oxidized on me though after about an hour without primer, but using a primer eliminated that. This is not HG material for me, but not a bad foundation at all. 53 Beige Claire was a good match for my NC20 skin tone, except for the oxidation.

I also want to add that the coverage is decent for my rosacea. I barely need any concealer after this, although I would need something that lasts longer and covers better to ensure that the redness doesn't show through after a few hours.

UPDATE: I got this in 53, not 52, which I think accounts for what I thought was oxidation. Been using this a few days now and love it better than I first thought. It does have a radiant/luminous but not greasy finish, and it worked well with both Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and Porefessional. I also changed my rating to say I would buy it again. You can't beat this price for a foundation that works this well and looks this good. I may just have to get it in shade 52 next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by jennybabex

Pros :) !!

comes in a glass bottle with a pump.

smells nice and feels healthy on my skin

easy to blend

has a yellow tone to it which suited my pale skin and didnt make me look orange like other foundations and covers my red patches and spots

didnt cause breakouts and stayed well on my combination skin

gives medium coverage

cons!!

the only con is that there is not a wide variety of shades.. and wish it came in a larger bottle to last longer

overall a great product at an affordable price <3 it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jejushhh

I have pretty dry skin and I've had some nasty dry patches around my nose. Also, sometimes the skin on my nose would get so flakey and just peel off. I was looking for a foundation that won't dry out my skin even more, so I went for HM serum.

I don't use a primer, I just wash and scrub my face a little bit and put some hydrating creme before applying the foundation. It looks really natural on my face (after a few minutes when the skin absorbs it). I would recommend it for people with dry skin, because of the gel formula. It has a nice, dicrete glow, leaving your skin looking fresh and healthy and it's not heavy nor oily at all. It took me a few days to get used to it, you won't get the "mask effect" with this foundation and at first I thought it's useless because of the light coverage, but now I really like it. If you have a few blemishes like I do, you'll need a concealer, too. On the other hand, it makes blackheads on my nose nearly invisible.

I was a bit worried about picking the right shade, since I've heard that it suits yellow-typed skin more than those with pink undertones. I have very pale skin with pink undertones and I've picked number 52 Vanilla and it matches my skin perfectly.

It is a good everyday foundation for people who don't have messy skin with a lot to cover up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Lovely foundation. I am around an NC25-27 and I use the shade 52.
The foundation is around $28AUD at Priceline but I buy mine from ASOS.com for $14-18.

I have extremely dry patchy skin around my nose (regardless or how much I moisturise, use serums, the whole shebang!) and this serum can sometimes highlight patchy skin. (The Healthy Mix Foundation does not do this, and this is why I prefer the HM over the HMSerum!)

The best thing about this product is that it does not break me out. I have hyper sensitive skin with eczema around my eyes and lips. Works great to even out skin tone if you have relatively good skin. I would say it is a light foundation. Able to build up to medium but you will experience a lot of slip with the product and would have to powder to keep the shine (serum) and foundation from gliding around - if that makes sense. 2 -3 layers at the most without the foundation starting to look bad.

Does give a very nice glow to the skin! However I would not repurchase as I find the Healthy Mix does a better job and is layer-able.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by bubbagump

I bought this foundation because I had been using Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and I read that this serum foundation created a more dewy finish. For me this was not the case and for some reason it didn't do anything for me. I would definately buy the other foundation instead of this.

I gave packaging a 1 because I bought a brand new sealed bottle and when I opened it the pump was broken and I had to unscrew it and use it from the bottle so I don't know what the pump is normally like.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Bourjois own Chanel!
Nice natural dewy finish (no need for moisturiser first) Good coverage. Easy to apply (I use my Sigma F80 brush) Like the packaging and pump. Not a fan of the smell, but it's not too strong I guess. No SPF (but that means it's good for flash-photography!) Average price (approx $20 AUD) Recommend and would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by bcmllr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whenever I buy a new foundation I always make sure to look at it in natural light (by a window) in a 3x magnifying mirror to see how it sits on the skin. This was hardly detectable, which is absolutely PERFECT as it covers imperfections and corrects discolouration without 'sitting' or settling on the skin. The finish is also very natural looking as it is semi-matte even on my oily skin.

The colour (mine is 53) is slightly yellow-toned and perfectly, perfectly matches my winter skin, which is something I normally find extremely difficult as most foundations in 'my colour' completely wash me out and look too pale/white or pink.

My only negative with this foundation is the colour range - I found my perfect shade, but for very pale or very dark skins the colour range is really quite limited. Although, as the coverage is so natural it may blend into a lot more skin tones. I'm hoping that Bourjois releases more shades soon. However, I gave this product 5 stars as it's a personal review and I found my perfect colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Cleanandpolished

I bought this in Jakarta, Indonesia on my trip back home. I should have waited until I receive my swap from my friend in the UK but I was hating how the dior foundation felt on my skin. Therefore I just had another reason to get it. It wasn't cheap over here, about approx $25.
I am really satisfied with this foundation, however. It felt so light, like I have nothing on. This reminds me a lot of the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It smells so gooood... like berries! It is said to be a light coverage foundation but I think it is light-medium. it covered my discolorations pretty well.
It does not last as long as advertised. I think my foundation gets a bit blah after 6 hours of use. Touching up is always easy because the bottle is so light and so hygienic with a pump.