MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 4/9/2013 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have had so much difficulties finding the right foundation and i wanted something that last all day. so i bought this foundation and am in love with it. this is the best foundation I have ever had and trust me it last 16 hours. with this foundation you have to work with it quality because its a bit sticky. it makes my face flawless. this foundation is worth its price. the only that i will advice people is that is foundation when it dry it goes a shade darker so be careful about that. but overall its the best foundation for me. you don't need to seal this with powder it dry within seconds. i just realised i my skin had a breakout because of this foundation and the reason being was because i wore it everyday and was heavy for my skin. so this is not an everyday product as the ingredients is heavy for everyday use I was told by the store and it is true.

on 4/7/2013 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My new favorite foundation. Good coverage, keeps the oilies away, lasts all day. As long as it doesn't break me it, I'm sticking with this.

update: broke me out, was forced to return it, but it really is a great foundation, if your skin can handle it.

on 4/7/2013 12:54:00 PM

I absolutely hate this foundation. I bought this in shade NC-15 for around $35 after tax.
Let me preface this with a description of my skin:
I'm an asian teenager. My skin is light and has neutral undertones. I'm acne prone (the kind of acne that you can't pop and makes it hurt to move your face) although I don't get it all the time. HOWEVER my skin is extremely unsmooth and I have large pores, blackheads, whiteheads, and flakey skin.

First: The coverage isn't that great. To get good coverage,you really have to layer it and it gets EXTREMELY cakey.

Second: MAC does not carry light shades. I got an NC-15 and it is not only dark for my asian skin, but also too orange.

Third: THIS IS NOT MEANT FOR PEOPLE WITH BAD SKIN TEXTURES. I don't have a lot of acne, but my skin is definitely not smooth. I have black heads, whiteheads, and little bumps here and there. Unless you have perfectly smooth skin, this foundation will look terrible, as far as texture goes. It highlights all the bumps, pores, and dry pieces of skin.

This foundation is extremely unflattering. The only praise I can give it is that It does last very long and the packaging is nice. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Thanks for reading! (:

Love this

on 4/6/2013 8:18:00 PM

So I have this thing were every pay check I get I need to buy at least 30$ in cosmetics, and this made the shopping list and I'm glad it did! I just got it from MAC and I just did my makeup (date night :D) and it looks beautiful! It looks flawless and natural! I used a lancome 2way cake brush for this (not available anymore) so maybe that's why it looks so good! Packaging is pretty good too :)

on 4/4/2013 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is really good. It really does the job at controlling oily skin, so good it might be a bit drying. It lasts for a very long time. It has very good coverage and matte. Not amazing, not bad.

on 4/4/2013 2:53:00 PM

Finally found my HG foundation!!!!
I bought it in NC30 and its a really good match (goes on a bit orange but it does settle down after a short while)
Its full coverage, it is a bit thick but I usually sheer it out with a moisturiser and apply it with a brush. For me, it works really well, I love the coverage and the texture.
It lasts really well, I have combination skin, but if you have super oily skin you will have to blot or powder.
I am usually a bit paler in the winter so it does look a teensy bit dark, but blending it well usually rectifies that issue.
I haven't had any major oxidation issues so far, and it doesn't look orange on my face (as can be the case with some MAC foundations)
Very pleased with this, and I'm glad I bought it. Will definitely repurchase in the future!

on 4/3/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE 7/3/13 I retract anything negative I said about this foundation. I'm an avid "I bought it so I will use it up" makeup junkie, if a product doesn't destroy my skin I will use it until its gone even if I'm not in love with it. After switching my setting powder to MAC Mineralize Skin Finish, which is now my HG powder of all time, it was a game changer for the Pro Longwear. Apparently this foundation didn't play well with my old powder and now I absolutely LOVE this foundation and will repurchase. On days when I want a full face of makeup, this is the best combo I've ever tried. Not only is the coverage flawless, the texture and staying power are amazing. I do have to blot midway thru the day, but my oily skin does not break it down, it never looks blotchy and never becomes cakey. There is something to be said about the way products of the same brand work together and compliment each other. I recommend this combo to anyone with oily aging skin as it works better than any other 2 products together that I've ever tried.

After trying the Studio fix Fluid and having issues with it breaking me out, I purchased this foundation believing it would mimic Revlon Colorstay. Applied well, set to a nice matte finish, color ran a bit darker than the Stufiofix in NC35, all was great until about midway thru the day. This foundation does not hold up on my oily skin as well as colorstay. I used the same setting powder and the Pro Long Wear broke down and became blotchy. It did not break me out and when I am only wearing makeup for a few hours I can ear this to use up the bottle but sadly, its another MAC foundation that didn't work for my skin type.

on 4/2/2013 2:46:00 AM

OMG I love this! I never had acne until these past 3 years when I started college , work , and I started to stress a lot. I've tried so many foundations , from drugstore to high end ..you name it! And they would all make me break out . It got to the point where the sides of my face were filled with acne & it would hurt. Pro long wear has made my acne go away & has also made my scars fade. :))) I LOVE macs pro long wear. It stays on all day and I don't need to touch up my makeup. I set it with the MAC mineralized skin finish. I use a home made setting spray and I'm good to go! I have combination skin, oily on my cheeks and dry underneath my eyes. This controls it. Also, I've been using this foundation for 2 months (yes that short of a time and it's helped a lot! ) and I noticed that it works better if you use a thick face moisturizer (I use the Cetaphil moisturizer ) this makes it glide on like butter. The coverage is medium but build-able. I will definitely be using this for a VERY LONG TIME! :D

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the best long-wearing foundation i've found. The best way to apply it is with a damp sponge then letting the foundation air dry for a few minutes before going ahead and applying the rest of your makeup. DON'T be tempted to set this with a powder - just be patient and let it dry by itself. It'll last all day and then some.

I like this better than Makeup Atelier's waterproof foundation because, even though the price tag is just a tad steeper, the shade range suits me a lot more. Atelier shades, even the FLWYs, are just too neutral for my olive skin. Perhaps that's a foundation you would want to consider if you find MAC shades too yellow for you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials