August 27, 2014 | 1854 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Re823

I was wondering why the coverage wasn't lasting all day... A Mac makeup artist told me with the pro long wear that u shouldn't use a face primer. Which I was stunned... Also said its all about the application. I was just using 1 pump and covered well, but now using 2-3 pumps and building more and that seems to do the trick and now lasts all day. At lease 8 hours!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by omgjoelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

-i really liked the natural finish
-it controlled my oils for a good amount of time, maybe 4 hours before i had to blot
-but once the oils did come through...that's when everything goes wrong. Where i got oily it did not look good I'd have to blend it again because the foundation just separated.
-it did oxidize on me. it'd be darker at the end of the day and i never found my shade so i had to mix and apply a bit more of the lighter foundation so that it matched my skin during the day
-And unfortunately, i have the most sensitive skin that reacts to every foundation and this made me breakout so bad especially on the cheeks and left bad scars.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

How many foundations have I bought in my life? Tons. This is second best only to the late, great Lancome Maquicontrole in Clair II and Ultima II Wonderwear.. The color match in Pro Longwear is odd, I use NW20 but have never used NW in the past but NC just looked dirty. It lasts a very long time and takes powder touchups really well. Doesn't irritate my skin (ALL other MAC foundations and powders except Blot powder do). Coverage is medium and now that I use my Real Techniques Expert Brush, looks wonderfully smooth and very natural. I've repurchased and can't say that about many foundations! Not five stars, that's for the elusive truly oil-proof shine free foundation of my dreams but I like this very much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by maybelle92

I was looking for a long lasting foundation that would cover my acne scars.This stuff is great even better when used with the pro longwear concealer.For full coverage i use 2 pumps.Its not heavy at all it feels very light yet it gives a great coverage. Its good in hot weather doesn't melt off my face and it literally stays on all day. I will put it on in the morning and my makeup will still look flawless at the end of the day.

I highly recommend this if your are looking for a long lasting foundation would def buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by neurosciguy

I have combo-oily skin with the odd zit here and there. First off let me say that- going on at least- this is the most natural foundation I've ever used. It really looks like skin, not too shiny, not too matte, but just right. It's also easy to blend with my sigma f80 and I'd say the coverage is straight medium. I still need something like my nyx concealer in a jar for the bad stuff, so this may not be great for people with really bad skin, though I think you can build it to more than I do- I'm just always paranoid about doing that. I use three pumps for my whole face and going down onto the neck.
It dries to quite a nice semi-matte finish so it really has the appearance of skin, though I put a little strobe on liquid the cheeks and temples. The only thing is after several hours if you get closer than a foot or so.... the effect just goes away; it can look cakey and flat, but only at that distance. It's just so weird. This even after loading up on moisturizer, and it even happens on the bits with the strobe liquid, and a setting spray and primer underneath. So weird.
Other than that, it looks quite good. Doesn't oxidize, doesn't slide, lasts all day. Mac says this is transfer-resistant. Haha, if they say so. Maybe just a little.
I still really like it though and I'll likely repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

What I'm going to say won't be a surprise to anyone who is acne prone - although I barely even consider myself to be acne prone.
I tried this fdtn in NC-30 when I was on the hunt for a really longwearing yellow toned fdtn. The colour was awesome, and although it didn't look natural, it looked good. I sorta looked plastic, like a lot of the MAC MUA's.
Still, I really liked it and was about to buy it UNTIL I got a couple of cystic acne pimples, which was very unusual! I kept trying the fdtn, refusing to believe that it was the cause. I kept getting more pimples. They didn't go away until a week after I'd stopped using the fdtn and it took me awhile to get my skin back to normal sadly!
This is not going to happen to everyone, and I'm not sure which ingredients are to blame. All I know is I cannot take the risk with MAC fdtns!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to say, I really do love MAC foundations. Although they tend to give me pimples and doesn't seem that great for my skin, I always seem to come back to MAC foundations! I am definitely a drug store girl, I always use mostly drug store products - but when it comes to foundation, I really feel like it's worth it to spend the extra it costs for a higher end foundation. I have dry/normal skin, but for some reason my T-Zone likes to get super oily after a few hours, especially my nose and my upper lip. I like prolong wear foundations because unlike Studio Fix Fluid or Studio Sculpt, after wearing it only 5 or 6 hours I have to come home, wipe it off, and reapply for it to look fresh. The same goes to my drugstore foundations, and I have tried almost every foundation there is. I really don't have the time or the patience to put on my foundation twice a day, so this Pro Longwear foundation is a GODSEND! I can say this is hands down my all time favorite foundation, ever. It matches me perfect, NC20, although I have NC20 in Studio Fix Fluid and it seems to oxidize on me and looks darker after I sweat and in the middle of the day. Pretty weird. This is my second bottle of this stuff - which is a miracle, because I own a LOT of foundations that I never use up, and never repurchase. Revlon ColorStay, L'oreal True Match, Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation, Studio Fix Fluid, Mineral Foundation, etc. All sitting in my foundation drawer. Sorry, back to the point.

This foundation is my favorite I've ever tried. HG foundation. I have combo/dry/normal skin. I always exfoliate really well so I don't see the dry patch problem, and I'm the queen of dry patches. It is very light and VERY full coverage, I only need a pump and my whole face is flawless. I am far from flawless - I have a lot of breakouts from my Studio Fix Fluid, and redness and whatnot. I always get compliments when I wear this because my skin looks like SKIN - not foundation. Not a mask. Not a thick cakey mess. This is the most natural my skin has EVER looked. I love that a powder is OPTIONAL, because I don't have to pack on a colored powder for more coverage that my old foundation doesn't cover. I can lightly dust my NYX Matte not Flat powder foundation, or my Milani Multitasking powder, or even my make up forever hd powder. The other pros about this foundation is better coverage - means less concealer, means less setting powder, which means less product on my face and definitely a more natural finish. I am in love! This foundation blends super well with a brush, and I love using brushes for my foundation unlike my Revlon ColorStay - which is super thick and seems impossible to blend with a brush without streaks or marks left behind, and is such a pain in the ass to blend. This foundation lasts for hours, covers like a dream, and is light and perfect. Thank you MAC. My only complaint is that they are always sold out! :P

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by missirresponsible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I lived off this foundation for a year while I had bad skin.

Pros
-Good coverage
-Long lasting
-Doesn't make me shiny

Cons
-Thick so can appear 'cakey'
-Blocked my pores and made my skin worse
-Heavy on the skin, feel like you're wearing make up

I loved this foundation due to the coverage it provided, but if you have really good skin the thickness is unnecessary for daily wear. I'd definitely recommend for nights out though due to the fact it lasts long and doesn't make you appear shiny!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised to find I adore MAC Pro Longwear Foundation, after swearing off Studio Fix Fluid (too heavy on my skin, broke me out and made me shiny). When the MUA put Pro Longwear on my skin, I hated it because it felt quite heavy and over the top (I like a natural finish, but enough to cover or at least dull down my dark acne scars). I took a sample home and tried it for a few days and it's really grown on me and has become my new favourite!

PROS:

This foundation does what it says and stayed put on my face ALL DAY! It lasted all day at work, even when I got caught outside in a rain shower, and then stayed put when I went out at night. I only needed to put a little bit of powder in the evening to freshen up (I use Stila Illuminating powder) but could have definitely gotten away without a powder touch up.

I have a very oily t-zone and dry cheeks, but this foundation evened me out and surprise, surprise, didn't make me oily throughout the day! I couldn't believe it!

It doesn't oxidise and make me look orange at all; the colour still looks fresh throughout the day. I have been using it for a few months now and now breakouts like with Studio Fix Fluid!

A little lasts a long way. It's definitely better to start with a small amount and build up if required.

CONS

Very limited colour range. Also, the colours aren't the same as SFF. I am usually NC43/44 (and I find NC42 in SFF really, really light for me) but NC42 in Pro Longwear foundation matched me perfectly. Very happy about that, as the next colour, NC45, was way too orange.

You do have to work quickly with this stuff, and it takes a bit of time to blend it in.

Overall it's a fantastic foundation, by far the best in the MAC range in my opinion! Great to have a foundation that doesn't make me oily or break me out, and really does last all day on my face without needing a blot or powder touch up. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a long time user of MAC's studio fix fluid and was very excited for this to come out since I have very oily skin and am always looking for the next best foundation that will last on my skin. however, It has a matte almost tacky finish and although it's marketed as prolong wear, for some reason it doesn't last as long asSFF. The biggest issue I have with this foundation is that the longer I wear it, the blotchier I get, which doesn't happen with SFF. It also has a lower SPF and is a little pricier. I've tried this foundation twice in 2 diff shades (SFF can break me out depending on the shade...), both times, I was left disappointed. The coverage however is med-full like SFF. If you have normal skin, this would be a good full coverage foundation for nights out. Also, this line runs a little darker than SFF. I do like that this stuff comes with a pump that locks (like their fix +) which is probably why it costs more than the SFF which doesn't.