October 21, 2014 | 1756 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by huhjenni

The girl in the counter told me that this would work pretty well with my dry skin. To a certain extent, it does if I moisturize my face with a heavy duty moisturizer. But overall, I don't like it because it accentuates my dry skin when applied, by emphasizing my dry patches. I think this is more for normal to oily skins. Not dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ninalailaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So after ages of contemplating this product i finally went and bought it, and i guess i kinda have mixed feelings about it.
First of all, the packaging it nice and simple, glass bottle and a lockable pump which is great.
Second, I wear the shade NW35 and the colour-matching is pretty good for my olive undertones. I find it almost impossible to find a foundation that doesn't look too yellow on me. Now I have veryyy oily skin, especially on and around my nose, forehead, a little on my chin and eyelids, needless to say most foundations don't last long and my skin ends up looking absolutely horrible at the end of the day. MPL was pretty good, stayed on for a bit but like most foundations didn't hold up too much. Probably the best foundation I've used so far but I did have a problem or two with it. Thankfully it didn't break me out or anything since I also have very acne-prone skin, but I found that it did dry my face out ALOT. And yes it sounds weird having oily skin and dry at the same time but that is what it was. My face just looked really dry and cakey, as well as the fact it didn't say on THAT well. Usually wore off after about 4-5 hours, depending on weather and what i do in the day.
It is quite pricey for the quality i guess and i doubt i'll be buying this again.
I should also mention that the coverage is enough to even out skintone but is from very light-medium for me.
It's a pretty decent foundation, better than most drugstore that i've tried, but maybe not worth the price and definitely won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese yellow & red undertones from acne, uneven skin.

CONCLUSIONS: FACE & BODY C2 IS LIGHTER THAN PRO NC25 WHICH IS LESS ORANGE THAN STUDIO FIX NC25.

I tried Pro NC25 since dimethicone was farther down the list (Studio Fix immediately broke me out upon revisiting, man I wished I figured this out in college since I wore it for years). I find this can be heavy and drying, so I wear a moisturizing sunscreen (instead of the milky Japanese style ones) or mix in moisturizer. Because it's lighter than Studio Fix (but thankfully also less orange), I add in a TOUCH of Face & Body C3. This is also great b/c F&B is watery, so it helps to lighten up the texture of Pro.

Thus far, out of the million foundation matches listed on my notepad, my favorite combo is Pro NC25 with a touch of F&B C3 over a moisturizing sunscreen base (even CeraVe SPF30, which is normally shine city under thinner foundations work!)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by MaudyMac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and I am really disappointed in this foundation! When I try to blend this product in specific areas like the tip of my nose or my upper lip, it starts to disappear in some patches and congeal in others. Don't like this product at all!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by NouraElhuzayel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I'm not a foundation wearer due to how it feels on my skin but with this foundation, even by the end of the day, I don't feel anything and it looks just as beautiful as it did when I put it on. Long wear? DEF! Flawless finish and it doesn't look cakey at all. It goes on very smooth with a primer; without a primer it's not as smooth. Overall, I LOVE IT! I would repurchase with no doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by MakeupKidd09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my go to foundation since MAC first came out with it. I'm NC 35 with oily combo skin and this foundation is a dream come true. Easy to blend, as long as you work quickly with it. Dries to beautiful semi matte finish and OMG def last a good 6+ hours when set with either MSF Natural or any other great setting powder. Like all MAC foundations you gotta know how to use it and then everything will be fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by xTinkerbell786x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to start of by saying this was absolute HG status for me. It gives medium but buildable coverage, a natural finish and seriously lasts ALL day! The colour also matched me perfectly, for reference I use this PL foundation in a nc35 and the studio fix fluid in a nc30 as it runs 'oranger/darker' so I would recommend this foundation in a shade darker than your usual SFF shade. It has a sort of a 'sticky' but smooth formula which isn't a total bad thing as that's what helps it stays put all day. I apply my make up 7 in the morning and it starts put for a good 12 hours, I tend to powder once or twice a day. So it definately lives up to its long lasting claim. 1-2 pumps of this stuff is enough for my whole face so this bottle has lasted me a while! I bought it for £24 last year and I think it's worth the money as it also comes with a pump! Having used this for a almost a year, I'm coming to the end of my bottle and having loved this foundation so much I will however not repurchase this for the following reasons. It's extremely pore clogging! I had near perfect skin before I started using this and over the past year I've broken out so much more and I'm left with acne scars. My skin is nowhere as near as naturally nice as it used to be :( it's not horrifically bad as I've stopped using this for a few weeks and I can already see an improvement. I wore this foundation 2 days ago and I got a spot! After numerous trials I've concluded that this foundation is really bad for my skin. Everyone's skin differs but my advice is that the longevity of this foundation makes it extremely pore clogging therefore I would not recommend it. I found it really hard to apply and blend in when I first got it, had to to half my face then the other half but over the year I've gone used to it but it requires effort even applying. Also I find that it is impossible to apply concealer under my eyes OVER this foundation as it leaves a tacky sticky cakey mess! I have to always apply it under and let it dry a bit. Also it may have oxidised in the bottle over time as I remember it being a little too light for me when I first got it and now it's sort of too dark. I have combination skin and i find this product rubs off my nose quite a bit theoughtout the day. i don't like reading bad reviews that put me off a product like this one but I wish I'd been given this advice before I started using it so my skin wouldn't have been ruined! Also, this product is very similiar to Estée Lauder double wear light. Except with a much wider shade range.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation. I love the packaging pump, I love the finish of this foundation - covers all my flaws adequately without looking like a mask, I can wear it with or without powder, and it really lasts all day without transferring. I will die if they discontinue this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by inespaul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG foundation! Over the past year I tried more than 20 foundations, high end and drugstore (Estee Lauder DW, Revlon colorstay, Chanel mat and perfection lumiere, Mac studio fix fluid and many others), and this is the best one on my oily skin!

SHADE: NC20 (winter) and NC35 (summer). This range of NC's is a bit on the orange side, but they blend nicelly on my yellow-olive skin anyway. I didn't noticed any major oxidation at all.

COVERAGE: Light-medium. With a very thin layer you can get light coverage, which is nice for good skin days. With a regular layer you get medium coverage. It is not very buildable.

FINISH: Natural, demi-matte. It is not the easiest foundation to blend, I like to use a flat top kabuki brush since it's easier and faster. It feels sticky after application, so you can't set it right after you apply it, otherwise it will get cakey! Do your eyebrows and eyes first and then set it with a powder to make it last longer and control oil even better.

LONGEVITY: It lasts all day on me, +/- 12 hours (I set it with a powder).

OIL CONTROL: FYI my bare skin becomes very oily in 2 hours. With other foundations I have to blot after 4-5 hours. With Pro Longwear I only have to blot after 6-7 hours which is very good!

TRANSFER RESISTANCE: All foundations transfer on tissues and napkins when my skin is getting oily. This one definitely transfers less than any other foundation I've tried.

I'll keep trying and testing other foundations because I am a foundation junkie - but always asking for samples first of course. However I think Pro Longwear will be the best one on my oily skin during a really long time and I'll definitely keep repurchasing this foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by conilamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It getting cool in the east, so i decided to switch back to a thicker foundation. I start using pro longwear again, and it start reminding why I loved it in the first place.

Usually I dont really use foundation from MAC, because I heard mix reviews from others. Yet, this is the only one caught my eyes. I love how its easy to blend, but still provide good coverage. It could be really long lasting if you pair it up with a makeup setting spary. (I tired w/ UD DESLICK and UD ALL NIGHTER, both work wonder.) It will keep my face matt all day long yet I wouldn't feel like it is drying my skin out, specially when it's winter.

I don't really have much negative to say about this product. The only down side I would say is I couldn't use it all year around. I tend to have more oily skin during the summer and this foundation is a little too thick.

A pump is enough to do my whole face, so I think it's worth the price, and it's still cheaper than most of the highend foundation, so i highly recommend it :)