July 29, 2014 | 934 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Mazwoldb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love MAC products - my make up bag is full of them. I work in tv studios and on stage, and this foundation is the best I have eve used. It gives great coverage, and covers any redness perfectly (with the help of the MAC studio finish concealer.) I still use face and body foundation when I'm not working, but have to say, whenever I've received compliments about my skin, it's always when I happen to be wearing this longwear foundation. I find that it lasts right til the end of my shift/end of the night and looks fresh. Lasts quite a while as well. Would definitely purchase again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MusetteRose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I went to mac cosmetics store, as I thought I wanted to buy the studio sculpt foundation after reading reviews. I had them put the studio sculpt(I think it's called) on the one side, but the make up artist insisted that I use the prolongwear, so she put the pro longwear on the other side. The color was NW20, which was perfect for me, my freckles still came thru a tiny bit though. When the 2 foundations were first put on we all liked the studio sculpt because it had more of a glow to it, and the pro longwear was dryer on my skin. However, 5 hours later the pro longwear didn't look or feel dry, and the coverage was still good, and the studio scupt side of my face looked like it was more droopy and tired. Than (at that point it was after midnight) I went to bed too tired to take the foundation off, and in the morning around 9 it still looked amazing. The only thing was that I had some dry patches around my chin, but it's possible that I needed to exfoliate. I will definitely be back to buy the full product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: 8/29/12-
went from a 5 to a 3 :(
I stopped wearing makeup for a few months and just recently put this on to go see my family. My routine hasn't changed at all and after about five hours with this on my face was burning and the makeup was practically flaking off my face (I don't see how as I have oily skin). Anyway the point is that once I took the product off my forehead was covered in small red bumps and my whole face was swollen and irritated because of the product :(

I still think this is an amazing foundation and people should give it a try (especially if you have oily skin!!!!) but it's definitely not for me after that experience. I had about 80% of it left but I'm acne prone and super sensitive so I gave it to my mom who has normal skin and so far it's been working great for her.

I will say that when I needed it the most it worked great (in 100+ degree weather in a bakery-cafe while cashiering in front of a super hot oven) but once I stopped using it my skin changed I guess and then we weren't friends anymore, sorry pro-longwear.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Beautygirl48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my foundation! The only thing that is frustrating is that the mac store always seems to be sold out of it. I usually stock up when they do have it in. This is a great foundation because it really does last all day and it isn't thick and cakey. I personally don't have the time to keep re applying my makeup all day so this foundation is a great solution for me. It also has spf so I find that I don't need any additional sunscreen for my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by MelissaJuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I am not a MAC enthusiast and Pro Longwear (NC 20) is my first MAC foundation... I have been using it for about 4 months, and I think now it's safe to say that I quite like it for some reasons.

Firstly, it really does what it says.
It lasts quite a few hours longer than every other foundation that I've tried so far. For me that's quite important, because my skin is so oily that usually only 3-4 hours after applying any other foundation the meltdown begins.
This one does stay put, even on hot and humid summer days.
I do have to blot a few times throughout the day, but since it does not provide oil control that's ok by me.. the MAC blot powder works well with this btw!
And I like the smooth finish it gives!
Also, it didn't break me out at all.

But obviously you can't have everything, there are a few things that I don't really like about this foundation:

it sits quite heavy on the skin, and that's a feeling I don't like so much.
And I find it quite annoying that it's quite hard to completely cleanse the skin and even harder to clean the applying tools.
So I only wear it when I have the feeling that I really need it, which would be 2 to 3 times a week.

The lasting power is actually a bit frightening -- once I didn't take it off before bed.. on the next day a fair amount was still on my face, and it didn't even look too bad!
I actually don't really want to know which ingredients make such wonders possible ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by EmzChat

I was really looking forward to trying this, as I'd heard nothing but amazing things about MAC foundation. I ought to have known it was too good to be true. While I was lucky enough to have my skintone matched perfectly by the lovely lady at the MAC counter, it was only after the first appliction that I noticed that lines began appearing below my eyes and on my forehead that I had never noticed before! (And I am a very healthy 21 year old) When I look in the mirror I am disgusted by how wrinkly I look. But to make things even worse, it has actually brought BACK the acne on my chin, which left me with the scars I wanted to hide in the first place. The irony!

I might add, that I was not applying much foundation to my skin, but using a small amount and applying thinly. I also applied using a brush, which I clean regularly. I haven't been troubled by acne for at least 2 years now, and can only assume it's this foundation as I have changed nothing else.
So now I look like a strangely old woman with the acne of a 14 year old boy. Hot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an "almost" HG foundation. It blends well with a brush, you only need one pump for your entire face, I love the pump, it doesn't oxidize (like studiofix), it lasts a long time (I work 12-16hr shifts), it doesn't make me oily, I don't need powder to set it, and when I wear it people tell me they can't tell I'm wearing makeup. It feels very light on my skin. I get extremely red and it covers that very well but my freckles show through naturally still.
However, it clings to dry patches around my mouth and if I look in the mirror I don't think it looks natural close up. But people don't usually stare at your face from 6 inches away. I felt like it was breaking me out at one point. But all MAC's foundations and powders have done that to me; I get itchy and little breakouts. However, I did read somewhere that you have to be really thorough in cleaning your face with MAC foundations because they are meant for professionals and are heavier than the typical. I tend to just use my face wash and not a makeup remover. Since I started using a clarisonic brush to clean my face, I haven't felt as if mac powders or foundations were breaking me out and the itching is much better.
Anyway, if I can figure out a way to get the dry patches under control this is an amazing , light, and natural foundation.
Edit 7/25/12: solution for dry patches, use a different foundation on the sides of my mouth and chin. I've been using Maybelline liquid dream moose. It's too dewy for me during the summer, but great for the dry patches. It blend surprisingly well into the pro longwear on the rest of my face. Also I like this foundation best and blends well with the Maybelline one if I use the sonia kashuk flat top blending brush. I tried it with the Sigma F82 and I didn't like it as much.
Edit 8/8/13: This is officially my HG foundation. I have changed my skincare regime and with my skin doing better it doesn't cling to dry patches and it hasn't been breaking me out. I love how it looks and how it lasts. It's a beautiful foundation. I like that it's sheerer but still overs super well. I just use a little concealor and its flawless. I love the packaging too. As long as it doesn't start breaking me out, I never need another foundation. I would give it 5 lippies but the stupid thing isn't letting me change it.
Edit: 1/11/14: Breakout city. I guess it's time to give up. makes me sooo sad! I'm using Urban Decay Naked skin foundation now and I really love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by hazeybaby90

This is my second favourite foundation at the moment but its the i have re-bought the most. Its full coverage and gives a really nice finish. The packaging is great and dispenses the product in small amounts to reduce wastage. Im an nw 20 and even when i put fake tan on this foundation seems to blend really well and not leave me looking too pale. Only reason for not giving 5 lippies is because it is quite drying on my skin but all in all the pros definitely outweigh the cons and I just keep buying it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Madelyn98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC foundation and I was very disappointed. I expected it to be amazing like everyone said it was but it wasn't. I have oily skin and the foundation dried it out and made it flaky for some reason, even if I used a moisturizer! I don't think I will buy this again considering I returned it to get my $30 back. The good things about this foundation are the color NC25 matched me perfectly and I love the packaging

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by chloecorbell

i bought this foundation last summer, as i needed a foundation to cover up m spots, whilst controlling my oil on my face, and during the summer everything multiplies by 10.
so i bought this foundation, and it really is what it says! it stayed on my face all day and did a good job of covering all my spots (during summer my skin is so bad.)
the price is inexpensive £20 for a foundation that is as it says it is is total worth it!
so girls and boys, if you have acne prone skin or oily skin, then i definitely recommend this!
however i am on the look out for a new foundation as i am getting bored of mac. Haha.
i am still in search of my HG but still this foundation is excellent and well worth every penny!