September 16, 2014 | 1890 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation. I love the packaging pump, I love the finish of this foundation - covers all my flaws adequately without looking like a mask, I can wear it with or without powder, and it really lasts all day without transferring. I will die if they discontinue this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by inespaul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG foundation! Over the past year I tried more than 20 foundations, high end and drugstore (Estee Lauder DW, Revlon colorstay, Chanel mat and perfection lumiere, Mac studio fix fluid and many others), and this is the best one on my oily skin!

SHADE: NC20 (winter) and NC35 (summer). This range of NC's is a bit on the orange side, but they blend nicelly on my yellow-olive skin anyway. I didn't noticed any major oxidation at all.

COVERAGE: Light-medium. With a very thin layer you can get light coverage, which is nice for good skin days. With a regular layer you get medium coverage. It is not very buildable.

FINISH: Natural, demi-matte. It is not the easiest foundation to blend, I like to use a flat top kabuki brush since it's easier and faster. It feels sticky after application, so you can't set it right after you apply it, otherwise it will get cakey! Do your eyebrows and eyes first and then set it with a powder to make it last longer and control oil even better.

LONGEVITY: It lasts all day on me, +/- 12 hours (I set it with a powder).

OIL CONTROL: FYI my bare skin becomes very oily in 2 hours. With other foundations I have to blot after 4-5 hours. With Pro Longwear I only have to blot after 6-7 hours which is very good!

TRANSFER RESISTANCE: All foundations transfer on tissues and napkins when my skin is getting oily. This one definitely transfers less than any other foundation I've tried.

I'll keep trying and testing other foundations because I am a foundation junkie - but always asking for samples first of course. However I think Pro Longwear will be the best one on my oily skin during a really long time and I'll definitely keep repurchasing this foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by conilamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It getting cool in the east, so i decided to switch back to a thicker foundation. I start using pro longwear again, and it start reminding why I loved it in the first place.

Usually I dont really use foundation from MAC, because I heard mix reviews from others. Yet, this is the only one caught my eyes. I love how its easy to blend, but still provide good coverage. It could be really long lasting if you pair it up with a makeup setting spary. (I tired w/ UD DESLICK and UD ALL NIGHTER, both work wonder.) It will keep my face matt all day long yet I wouldn't feel like it is drying my skin out, specially when it's winter.

I don't really have much negative to say about this product. The only down side I would say is I couldn't use it all year around. I tend to have more oily skin during the summer and this foundation is a little too thick.

A pump is enough to do my whole face, so I think it's worth the price, and it's still cheaper than most of the highend foundation, so i highly recommend it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Sadexx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A good foundation nice coverage and long lasting, I prefer this to studio fix, but still prefer esteelauder double wear, but mac make better colours, I love the pump too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Currently at a bonfire and damn does thos product last. I am nc25 nice shade match and love the coverage. Will definitely be re-purchasing!
UPDATE
By far my favourite foundation from MAC! Lasts from morning til evening like it has just been applied. The coverage is anywhere between light and full coverage but you can definitely feel it there, its not a lightweight foundation.
But I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Re823

I was wondering why the coverage wasn't lasting all day... A Mac makeup artist told me with the pro long wear that u shouldn't use a face primer. Which I was stunned... Also said its all about the application. I was just using 1 pump and covered well, but now using 2-3 pumps and building more and that seems to do the trick and now lasts all day. At lease 8 hours!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by omgjoelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

-i really liked the natural finish
-it controlled my oils for a good amount of time, maybe 4 hours before i had to blot
-but once the oils did come through...that's when everything goes wrong. Where i got oily it did not look good I'd have to blend it again because the foundation just separated.
-it did oxidize on me. it'd be darker at the end of the day and i never found my shade so i had to mix and apply a bit more of the lighter foundation so that it matched my skin during the day
-And unfortunately, i have the most sensitive skin that reacts to every foundation and this made me breakout so bad especially on the cheeks and left bad scars.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

How many foundations have I bought in my life? Tons. This is second best only to the late, great Lancome Maquicontrole in Clair II and Ultima II Wonderwear.. The color match in Pro Longwear is odd, I use NW20 but have never used NW in the past but NC just looked dirty. It lasts a very long time and takes powder touchups really well. Doesn't irritate my skin (ALL other MAC foundations and powders except Blot powder do). Coverage is medium and now that I use my Real Techniques Expert Brush, looks wonderfully smooth and very natural. I've repurchased and can't say that about many foundations! Not five stars, that's for the elusive truly oil-proof shine free foundation of my dreams but I like this very much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by maybelle92

I was looking for a long lasting foundation that would cover my acne scars.This stuff is great even better when used with the pro longwear concealer.For full coverage i use 2 pumps.Its not heavy at all it feels very light yet it gives a great coverage. Its good in hot weather doesn't melt off my face and it literally stays on all day. I will put it on in the morning and my makeup will still look flawless at the end of the day.

I highly recommend this if your are looking for a long lasting foundation would def buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by neurosciguy

I have combo-oily skin with the odd zit here and there. First off let me say that- going on at least- this is the most natural foundation I've ever used. It really looks like skin, not too shiny, not too matte, but just right. It's also easy to blend with my sigma f80 and I'd say the coverage is straight medium. I still need something like my nyx concealer in a jar for the bad stuff, so this may not be great for people with really bad skin, though I think you can build it to more than I do- I'm just always paranoid about doing that. I use three pumps for my whole face and going down onto the neck.
It dries to quite a nice semi-matte finish so it really has the appearance of skin, though I put a little strobe on liquid the cheeks and temples. The only thing is after several hours if you get closer than a foot or so.... the effect just goes away; it can look cakey and flat, but only at that distance. It's just so weird. This even after loading up on moisturizer, and it even happens on the bits with the strobe liquid, and a setting spray and primer underneath. So weird.
Other than that, it looks quite good. Doesn't oxidize, doesn't slide, lasts all day. Mac says this is transfer-resistant. Haha, if they say so. Maybe just a little.
I still really like it though and I'll likely repurchase