Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

This is the worst foundation I've ever used. I got it because I was just getting into foundations last summer. It's matte which I don't prefer but I don't mind. But this foundation is cakey with the thinnest layer. It gives medium coverage. I can't stand it because no matter how much I blend it it looks like I'm wearing a mask

on 3/22/2013 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have dry skin which over compensates and ends up oily. So I tried slathering on oil and then waiting a minute or two then applying primer and then the foundation. My skin ends up pretty matte all day..
I wouldnt say this lasts 25 hours but it lasts about 9 hours which is enough for me. You must use cream cleanser to clean this off!!! Normal face wash doesn't quite cut it.
Use sparingly or it will cake and look really thick. Less is more in this foundation, If I apply it thin, I use loose powder to set it and it doesn't cake.
I have bought this foundation in 3 colours and because I am in Australia, it's way more exy than in the states. Chemist warehouse sells this at $14 which is cheaper than most places.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this product 100 times. Love it. I combine it with Stay Matte primer and works wonder on my acne-prone, oily skin.

on 3/16/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily and acne skin to begin with and I'm always on the seach for foundations that can cover my zits/scars and is oil free . I love the coverage of ELDW but I had to combine 2 shades and i usually end up looking too fair.

I read the rave reviews here and I decided to try. Couldn't find this in Singapore but i got 2 tubes in shade 202 from Malaysia. They didn't carry many shades there so this was closest to my skin tone.

Color Match: It was a tad dark for my skin but it still looks ok when apply with lighter shade setting powder ( I used MAC MSF in medium plus).
Lasting Power: The first time I tried this foundation, i was in an air-conditioned place. My face feels a little bit oily on my T-zone by the end of the day. The 2nd time I tried this on, I was sweating from the heat. After 2 hours, I feel like the foundation slide off my face. My t-zone looks shiny especially around my nose. I had to blot a number of times but I still look shiny.
Coverage: I don't think this is thick enough for me as I only apply one layer. I still need to apply concealer on my scars and zits. When i touched my skin after application, my skin felt sticky and it looks dewy. I prefer a matte finish for my oily skin.
Application: Its blendable and easy to apply. I tried applying this with a sponge and flat foundation brush but i prefer it with sponge as it gives me more control.

Overall: Personally I think this foundation didn't suit me. I hated that it felt sticky on my skin. I would only use this on cooler weather and for short hours.

on 3/14/2013 8:30:00 PM

Great bargain and terrific coverage without being heavy. I apply this with a foundation brush and finish with Rimmel stay matte pressed powder for great coverage that last throughout the day without getting blotchy and it tends to keep shine away too. Highly recommended

on 3/13/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was hoping this product would give me a matte finish, but it gave me a rather dewey finish. It's very oily, although it claims to be oil free. I got oily after wearing this for maybe 2 hours, even with primer. It comes off very easily too; I have yellow stains on my shirts to prove it. Maybe this product will work better for someone who has dry skin. The packaging could have been better. If you're not careful, the product will come out in large amounts. And since you have to squeeze the product out, it's always a difficulty to get the right amount. I definitely will not buy this product again.

on 3/9/2013 7:21:00 PM

This foundation looks very thick and cakey! No matter how sheer I applied it, it always looks thick and unnatural on the skin. It also sits in fine lines and wrinkles and draws attention to pores. The lightest color is also a little too dark for me, so I wish it came in a lighter shade! The finish is semi-matte. This is NOT a flat matte finish foundation. It can has a satin finish and can also look a bit dewy if you have oily skin. I definitely have to set it with powder or it looks super shiny. Unfortunately, it also transfers easily and tends to wear off patchy during the day. Feels very heavy on the skin! This does not make your skin look smooth either, as it tends to highlight any textural imperfections. It also tends to get greasy throughout the entire day. If you touch your face the foundation wipes off very easily. Will not repurchase, feels suffocating on the skin. It has a very masky appearance and it will make you look like your wearing a thick layer a makeup, even when applied sheerly.

LOVE this stuff! I love full coverage foundations, so this and Revlon Colorstay are my two favorites. The color selection is limited, but the lightest shade is perfect for my skin. And this stuff LASTS!! Even after a long gym session, this stuff stays!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc25-27, yellow warm undertones

This foundation is pretty good for a drugstore product. I picked this up in 200 soft beige, which is a bit too light for my skintone but bronzer helps out. Medium coverage: little goes a long way!!! This product is a bit thick but easy to blend. this foundation has a semi-matte finish. Doesnt set fast. I mainly powder in my t-zone and just lightly powder the rest of my face. Has a floral scent and comes In a squeeze tube. I would repurchase in my correct shade.

This is a $7(there abouts) medium coverage foundation that I'll buy simply because it's the best of it's type for its price range. But, I don't love this product. Here's why:

Currently, I've been using this foundation (for the second time) only because I'm in a bind. My HG foundation, Kat von D's lock-it foundation in light 44, has been out of stock as of late and I hate every other foundation I've ever tried.

This Rimmel foundation is cheap, and has a build-able coverage. Apply an all over layer, then apply another layer where you need more coverage. I do find that this foundation transfers a little, but it's nothing horrible and I won't stop use because of it.

I use the lightest shade in 100 and it's the wrong color. It's too dark and orangy. I have a more beige undertone and I have the worst time finding a foundation to match me. It's not a super huge deal, I'm a rockstar and I powder and contour and blush and highlight until I look good, but what a waste of time. If I swatched this "light" shade, you'd think I picked a solid medium, it's not light by any means. Yes, it blends out to slightly lighter, but yikes, not even close, really.

Also, I'm lucky if this stuff stays on my face for 12 hours, let alone 25. I realize that it's not to be taken literally, but I can definitely see a huge difference from when I put it on in the morning to when I see myself in the afternoon. I moisturize, exfoliate, apply primer (currently testing out Rimmel, Smashbox, tarte, bare minerals, and hard candy to find my HG primer), and I set my foundation with a powder. Regardless, this doesn't blow me away, but I'm stuck with it. Hurry up, Sephora, restock my Kat von D foundation, I'm dying here!