December 19, 2014 | 1234 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had originally given this a 4 star rating, but as I wore it over the next week, I edited my review and now give it a 2 star rating. Over time, this foundation looks cakey - without a setting powder. It also burns when applied to the face, and this is coming from someone who does NOT have sensitive skin.

PROS:
-price
-blends well
-not greasy, but moisturizing
-the squeeze bottle makes application easy and fast
-reminds me of a BB cream, but has the finish and coverage of a light foundation

CONS:
-the color selection is incredibly lacking, I'm a warm beige and the colors were either incredibly dark or they were a 1/2 shade to 1 shade too light. You may have problems finding an exact match.
-burns on the face

Overall, I'm still in search of a good foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by nicoleleigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I use a stippling brush to apply it and it blends nicely and looks better than my 30 and 40 dollar foundations! I ordered this on beautyjoint.com, otherwise it would of cost me triple, that is if the product is even in New Zealand! I am in the lightest shade, and i feel i could be just a tad lighter but the match isnt too bad. I live the refreshing smell of the foundation compared to other foundations i've had that literally smell like paint. Deffo recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I've only just discovered this foundation. I bought the shade 200 which is probably the best match for my NC30 light-medium olive skintone. This really DOES last as long as it says it does but without the cakey heavy feeling you would expect from a product with promises like this.

Be mindful that this is a slightly drier formulation with medium to full coverage so best to use it on freshly moisturised skin and if possible over a primer too otherwise it can tend to settle into fine lines and dry patches.

I took off one lippy because I hate the cheap looking plastic tube. I wish it was presented in a pump style glass bottle instead.

Price: $17.99 AUD.

I would purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by chefjordan

I wasn't very blown away by this foundation. For the price, it is nice. It offers good coverage, and 200 soft beige fits my nc20/25 complexion nicely. The main problem I found is that it is very thick, and I find it difficult to spread it across my skin. I've tried flat-top brushes, my fingers, and a damp sponge seems to work the best. The other problem I found was that it never really sets. You really have to powder it, at which point it looks pretty thick and cakey. It does last fairly well on my combination skin, though. For the price (usually 6-8 $CAD), it's worth a shot!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is a ridiculously bad color match for me. I'm NC15-20, but fairly peachy and neutral, not overly golden. I bought this in the lightest shade, Ivory 100, and it looked like it might work at first, despite being a tad dark. After wearing it for a few hours it oxidized (not orange, but RED) to something like NW25ish. My entire face looked like it was covered in sheer rosy blush-- just like a uniform, reddish pink sheen. The crazy thing is that my skin is pretty dry, so foundations never look that shiny on me, and I even had a correcting green primer underneath, because I tend to get a little red around my nose. I debated taking a Benadryl, because my skin was THAT angry and red-looking, but I realized that it's just a really, really bad color match for me. Aside from that, I didn't like the shine or the coverage (spotty and uneven). This is honestly one of the worst foundations I've tried. I've seen a lot of great reviews, so obviously it must work for some people, but it's needless to say I won't be using or buying this product again in the future.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've finally found a drugstore foundation that I will use again!. I love my bare minerals but it is expensive to replace. I had given up on finding one after so any attempts and ending up orange and spotty!. They've all looked good when first on but oxidised and gone patchy an hour later. Well my mum bought me this to try said it was in a chemist for£5.99 and she had got me ivory the lightest and having a medium skin sounds way to light!. But this is my perfect shade even though I'm an nc30 in mac and medium in BM. It blended evenly and covered my open pores easily on my cheeks and nose and I loved the flawless face it gave me but I knew I had to wait and see, an hour later gingerly went to check it and no orange or patchiness!!!!, and it stayed that way all day with just a dusting of Laura geller matte maker at lunch. This is a wonderful find at last I never would have expected ivory to be my shade. Also try the rimmel primer in 02 clear this is the best I have used it covers pores and holds my make up all day, I never though it would be rimmel that created a great base for my skin type but I'm so happy and saving a fortune!!!.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

****ABOUT MY SKIN****
-I have normal-dry skin. Dry around my chin, nose and mouth, pretty much normal everywhere else.
-I don’t really have acne (just a few acne scars), but I have horrible hyper-pigmentation and redness on my cheeks (which requires a medium-full coverage foundation to cover it up).
****CONS****
--I hate the packaging! Too much always comes out! After I squeeze out how much I need, it kind of bubbles over and more keeps on coming out! Very wasteful!
--Transfers a little bit. Nothing major, but it does a little.
--Does oxidize a little. I don't notice it too much on my face (cause I put it down my neck too, so either way it looks the same colour), but I first apply the foundation to the back on my hand and then blend it over my face. When I just put the foundation on its pretty good colour match, then in about 30 minutes it's quite a lot darker than my hand. Idk if it gets darker when its dry, or if it's oxidation, but I suggest getting 1 shade lighter than u think ull need.
--Shade selection isn't the best. I have the lightest shade (Ivory 100), and it's a tad too dark for me when it dries (I'd say it's about an NC20 by MAC, I'm about an NW15). So if you have very fair skin (NW15 of lighter), you won't find a colour match in this foundation. I suggest wearing some sort of primer with this foundation to help it not oxidize as much!
--Tends to not cover up blemishes for long. Mind you, it stays put on the rest of my face all day, just not my blemishes. When I look in the mirror at the end of the day I can always see the redness in the blemish peaking through. So I would suggest accompanying this foundation with a concealer only where needed
--Doesn't have any SPF, so if you do wear this outside, make sure you wear a sunscreen, moisturizer or primer with SPF in it (at least SPF 15-30). Even though many people think this is a negative, I actually use it as a positive (see below)
--The colour in the tube looks darker than the actual colour of the foundation is. So don't judge the foundation based on what you see in the tube, it's very misleading!
****PROS****
--Lasts all day until I remove it at night. Not sure if it's quite 25 hour (I never need to wear my foundation that long), but it definitely lasts a good 15 IMO. Of course it doesn't look absolutely flawless at the end of those 15 hours, but it will still be there and pretty decent looking, considering.
--Provides medium-full coverage, so it will cover basically anything you need to cover. Now I have very hyper-pigmented cheeks, and after a layer of this the redness does peek through a little, but nothing major.
--Doesn't look cakey. I usually apply 1 relatively thick layer of this with my fingers, then blend it out with a damp beauty blender sponge (to thin it out a little and make sure everything is blended). Then, anywhere I need more coverage I use the beauty blender to apply it so that it doesn't look cakey. That's how I apply all of my foundations, and it looks flawless that way with most!
--Is fairly hydrating. It's not the most hydrating foundation on the market, but it definitely hydrated fairly well. Doesn't cause flakes on my dry spots (I have normal-dry skin). I think this is a great foundation for those who have normal, dry or combo skin. Maybe not the best for oily skin, but for the price it's worth a shot!
--Doesn't have any SPF (can be a negative). I like foundations without SPF because I can use them when I go out. Now mind you, I'm 19, so I go out clubbing and to bars a LOT (18 is the legal age here, so no one give me sh*t for that), and my friends and I always take photos. This foundation looks great in photos (as it doesn't have any SPF so it doesn't flash back). If I decide to wear this foundation on a regular day, I would wear a sunscreen/ a moisturiser with at least SPF 30 underneath it to make up for the lack of SPF in this foundation). But this is a wonderful 'special event/going out/taking photos' foundation!
--Withstands sweat and heat! Like I mentioned above, I go out clubbing a lot. And of course you dance a lot, so you sweat. And Australia is a hot country! And this foundation withstands both the sweat and the heat! Of course it won't look absolutely perfect after a whole day of sweating/clubbing, but it will still be there and look fairly decent. When I look at my face in the mirror when I come home from clubbing at like 5-6 AM, my foundation is still all on (not perfect, but it's still there). And also, this may be TMI, but this foundation is great for shagging! Stays put throughout the act, it's great ;)
--I find this foundation easy to blend, even though it does have a slightly thicker consistency (which doesn't bother me in the slightest-I'm used to wearing thick foundations) I know some people disagree with that, but I think it's true! It blends out perfectly and easily both with my fingers and with the sponge!
--Even though this foundation is slightly thicker than most liquid foundations, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin which I love! It looks like skin, and dries to a kinda satin finish (not dewy, but not matte. The perfect middle IMO).
--Great price (as it is drugstore), even for Australian prices (it's cheaper than any Maybelline/Revlon/most drugstore foundations in the drugstore here)
--Doesn't have a strong scent if any, so it shouldn't irritate those who have sensitive skin to fragranced cosmetics
****BOTTOM LINE****
I would 100% repurchase this, in fact I already have a backup. I would rate it 4.5/5, but since that's not an option I thought it was closer for me to a 5 than a 4! I recommend everyone try it,

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by igirisu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was told this was the best low end foundation available and gave it a go, it has a nice colour but it is not transfer proof and does not last! It seeps into pores and goes horrible around my eyes and nose within about half an hour of applying! i cant apply a concealer under or over it as it goes tacky but it does not give good enough coverage alone! It gave me horrendous spots and even after using an eyeshadow primer it left my eyelids sticky which made it hard to apply a shadow, its rubbish and horrible to work with and blend, so disappointed!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by miraandavc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I decided i'd give this foundation a try since I was running low on my MAC studio fix fluid. This foundation would smudge everywhere even if I used the tiniest amount of it. I got a huge rash!! It made my lip sizzle and my lip was very very very dry for the past couple weeks, I had little bumps everywhere on my face and I broke out really bad. Never again will I use this foundation or any rimmel skin care products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by mzamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well... aren't I glad I came back to this foundation? :P This has got to be one of the drugstore's best! It provides medium-full coverage, doesn't feel cakey, lasts long and is affordable (Just under $18 in Australia). I find that it doesn't enhance any dry patches or flakes and even when it starts to wear off, it can give a natural look.. (at least for me it does... hehe).

Since I use it for school, I need my foundations to last a minimum of 6 hours. This product exceeds my requirement, and can manage to last double the time I need AND still loook good :D Blotting once throughout the school day does the job :)

The only complaints I have about this is that if the foundation is left standing on the opening end, some product spills into the cap and can overflow when the lid is taken off. So I like to keep this standing on the other end, held up by some other products so it wont fall. The colour selection is also quite limited and some of their shades are a bit orange so I use 200 soft beige (which is a bit light for me) and mix it with some of my darker foundations to get the perfect colour.

Other than that, I love this and will probably keep repurchasing!! Oh and this foundation also beats Revlon Colourstay in my opinion!! HAHA ;) Good luck! Hope I somewhat helped :)