October 25, 2014 | 1714 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Beautyygirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It really is soothing. I started getting bad acne and though I should switch so I tried this because of my incredibly dry skin, and was soo pleased! I love the feeling of it on my skin. Everyone should try it! Don't let other peoples skin irritations make you believe it will happen to you, it is deffinitley different on everyone, depending on your type of skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Lac3andLeather

OMG. This is my FAVORITE drugstore moisturizer. Everything about it is just HG quality! I specifically love using this at night after I wash my face and am getting ready for bed. It gives such a cooling sensation that makes me feel so ready to knock out!!! Yet again, this would work wonderful for daytime also - as that is what I did when I first got this product.
The gel is so soothing and light. I love the smell... not sure how to explain it but it smells like a lot of the Garnier face products. Smells so fresh and cool. I cannot stress how moisturizing this product is. I love it and am going to buy it over and over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a hard time finding a moisturizer for my oily sensitive skin. It doesn't make me more oily or cause redness. I can even layer it under my makeup. It sinks in fast and has a cooling effect on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I really like this stuff. My skin has been combination leaning towards oily lately (summertime) and I didn't even want to use a moisturizer because I thought it would contribute to the gross way my skin felt a few hours after I put my makeup on. After using this for a couple weeks now I definitely see a difference, my skin is moisturized where it was dry before and it is staying balanced throughout the day. I also make sure to let my moisturizer absorb completely before I start putting on my makeup and this is nice because it absorbs very quickly. Some have said otherwise but I just use a little dab on each place (forehead, chin and each cheek) and smear it in and it only takes about a minute or two to feel like it has set in. It makes my skin really smooth and silky and glowy and gets it all ready for foundation. My skin looks seriously great from this.
My favorite thing about this though may be the scent, it smells like cucumbers and utter freshness. Reminds me a lot of the old Jergens Cooling Lotion which I also loved the scent of. If they made this is a body lotion formula I would buy that as well. I predict that this will be a good moisturizer into the fall and maybe even winter if I use something heavier at night, but this is prefect for summertime. I will definitely repurchase and I hope they always make this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by dopekickss

i was really excited to try this product! i have combination skin but at the time i bought this my skine was really oil with a couple dry patches. this gel has an intense grape smell that lingers, and if ur skin is tight or you have any acne, it stings a little. after using this my face didnt feel moisturized at all.. it felt slick, an a bit sticky as if i smashed grapes on my face. i also found that this is what caused me to break out.... everywhere. never repurchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Bethany09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing the great reviews about this product, I decided to give it a try since it was on sale at Target for like $5 (cheap). This product comes in a glass jar which isn't sanitary but I rarely apply lotion to my face with dirty hands so it doesn't matter to me. The price is pretty good when it's on sale for what it's worth but if it is not on sale, I think it's a rip-off. The reason I say that is because I looked at the ingredients (I always do because of my sensitive skin) and it lists "denatured/ denat alcohol" as the 3rd ingredient?! Are you serious?? Denatured alcohol!! I know they tend to put denat alcohol in toners which I don't understand because 1 it's alcohol, 2 alcohol can't be good for your skin in any way and 3 it breaks down collagen and promotes free radical damage, according to Paula (the cosmetic cop). I don't get it. With that being said, I did try it out anyway and I'm going to be honest. It did leave my skin soft and smooth, has a cool feeling when applied and it is not too greasy for the summer weather. And it did not break me out which is always a plus. All in all, I would not repurchase only because of the strange ingredient. However, if you don't mind/not anal about ingredients, then it does a good job of keeping the skin moist.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by HappyTheFace23

This doesnt moisturize at all. It makes my skin even oilier then it was originally and I have to use so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by dearlydamaged

I read the dazzling reviews on this and really, really wanted it to work for me. However... it just doesn't. I won't denounce the product because I think it's just a matter of how it interacts with MY skin. I don't know if it's the high denatured alcohol content or what... but this stuff broke me out TERRIBLY! My skin usually plays well with gel moisturizers. I previously used Alba's aloe & green tea moisturizer with fabulous results - it was just a little too expensive for my broke college kid budget. So I made the switch to this, and after the awful, painful, cystic breakout and outrageous redness this has given me I have a feeling I'll be switching right back. I'm actually really upset this doesn't work for me.

I've given it a fair chance. I thought maybe this was just my skin adjusting to it, but it has progressively worsened the longer I've kept using it. I have to stop now. The smell is wonderful and fresh, kind of like apples or grapes. It's cool, smooth, light and definitely refreshing on the skin. The packaging... I'm in love! Unfortunately for me, though, it breaks me out miserably and after a short time wearing it, I turn into a big, shiny grease slick. Siiiigh.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Gave this a try because my skin is sensitive to SPF, so I prefer moisturizers without them, and because it's been such a hot, humid summer that I thought a gel-cream might be a suitable product. Got it on sale at Target, with a coupon, so the price really couldn't be beat.

Smell is interesting - much less fruity than most Garnier, it reminds me of hair product; given the texture of this, it sometimes makes me do a double-take to make sure I'm not actually applying hair gel to my face.

Unfortunately, this is not moisturizing enough for my dry (even in summer) skin. It does feel refreshing going on, and absorbs well, forming a nice base for makeup. However, it also has a bit of a tight feeling, and ultimately my makeup flakes off because the underlying skin is dry.

As a sidenote, my husband (with very average, not dry but not oily skin) uses it occasionally and seems to like it, so considering how cheap it is, it might be worth a try if you don't have dry, dry skin like I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mandy117

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this on sale at Target with a coupon, so first of all, you can't beat the price. It's a great moisturizer, but I think I'm going to have to use it at night because it takes a while to absorb. It also smells vaguely of alcohol, but it doesn't have the drying effects of alcohol. I've finally found a Garnier product that works!