April 19, 2014 | 1562 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This moisturizer is quite light-weight so it's good for the warmer seasons. I like that it's oil-free so it absorbs easily into my skin without leaving a greasy trace or an oily film. I tend to get dry around my nose and this takes care of it. The gel texture isn't has thick as I thought it would be (think Aloe Vera Gel) and it has a clean fresh scent too.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by sheidadentist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

you know what?you put water and alcohol!!!
yes i loved it first,so fresh ,beautiful texture bu i didn't know that it has too much alcohol like all of the l'oreal owned companies.
its the same about l'oreal and vichy too,most of the products have too much alcohol and nothing interesting.I used l'oreal hydrafresh moisturizer sometime and the texure and color was good .in those time i didn't know anything about ingredients in cosmetics but remember texure or the way your skin feels isn't that much important ,you probably feel so good after eating a delicious hamburger or pizza!!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by chicagogirl1416

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it! Use it night and day. Not to heavy at all but suprisingly moisturizing for how light it is. I have combination skin. It does not add any more oil to the oily parts but does moisturize the dry parts. I think I am on my 5th jar.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's really difficult to find something that doesn't break me out in the summer so I was pretty excited when I found this. The finish is a bit slimy and it creates an annoying shine throughout the day, but at least I felt safe with it--until I realized that it contained alcohol as a main ingredient. I suspected this was bad, so after that i only used it when I was real desperate. I guess that's a good thing, 'cause I recently read a disturbing review of this stuff on beautypedia.com.

It turns out that the amount of denatured alcohol in this stuff isn't just bad because it's irritating--it's actually damaging! Apparently, denatured alcohol causes free-radical damage--meaning it breaks down the collagen in your skin! Even if you don't usually care about ingredients and stuff, this is definitely worth considering. I mean free radical damage probably happens all the time, due to all sorts of other stuff (probably even just the air) but why do it on purpose? Especially with the way this stuff remains all wet and slimy throughout the day (kinda makes me wonder if it was "actively" damaging my skin the entire time it was on it!).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by reallysaucy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

hmm, i can't find anything nice to say about this moisturizer... i found the name to be misleading with the word cream in it. i was thinking that it might be more substantial than the other cucmber watery moisturizers we're familiar with. unfortunately, there's nothing cream about it. it is a very light moisturizer. it leaves my skin feeling very tacky (most watery textured products are). i found myself using a big dollop of this to make my face feel better from the benzoyl peroxide i use to combat acne where i have used other moisturizers before that didn't require so much. i ran through the unsanitary jar in only 2 months using it once a day ( i use something different at night). i would not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has made its way to HG status for me. Previously I was using Lush's Vanishing Cream and while I do love that product still, I was starting to notice that as my new skincare routine was balancing my face better and I had fewer very dry areas to keep hydrated, it would make my foundation slip a bit through the day. The moisture this provides is light, but it has been perfect for me, I get no breakouts from it, no irritation. I really like the light cucumbery scent this has and how it is very cool on the skin. Works perfectly under my MAC PP SPF 50 when I need that for the super hot days, but also work wonderfully on its own under my foundation. It is cheap and easy to find at any drug store or Target, Walmart, etc. I don't like jars as much as pumps for the sanitary reasons, but I am ordering an airless pump bottle to transfer the gel into so I can solve that problem. Love this product to pieces.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by hc

good light moisturizer. the packaging is unhygienic which is a draw back and its a little expensive however i can usually find it on sale at my local SDM for around $8. i find that when i apply it right out of the shower that it sinks in more but if i just wash my face it almost feels like it takes longer to sink in. it would be nice if it had mattifying properties.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

So here's the deal on this... it's very silicone-heavy and silicones make me break out. I can't use it too many days in a row all over my face or I get clogged pores. Plus, it actually feels kind of weird on my face. It is indeed "refreshing" but once it soaks in my face feels tight yet moisturized, like someone wrapped plastic wrap around my face. I have found 2 excellent uses for it though: eye cream and sunburn reliever. I have really bad puffy eyes from not sleeping enough and this fixes that instantly, especially when I keep this in the fridge. I use it morning and night around my eye area. I am prone to eczema on my eyelids and I have had no issues with it since I started using this. The gel texture of this is great for wearing it around the eyes under makeup because it isn't greasy so it won't cause your makeup to smudge. In addition, I somehow managed to get sunburned on just one shoulder (my first sunburn since the 8th grade) and in desperation I applied this on it and it felt better by morning. For $6 I will always have this on hand, even if I don't actually use it as a facial moisturizer very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Probably the best night moisturizer I've used so far. I don't use thick night creams because I have oily/acne prone skin.
This just feels so refreshing once you put it on it almost has a cooling effect. It's more watery and more moisturing than the yellow clinique gel. The gel texture really works at moisturizing your skin without being heavy at all!! IT'S SO LIGHT.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by carranzadg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been waiting for a drugstore version of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel to come out and now if has. I love it. Most moisturizers contribute to my super oily face and I hated having to spend over $20 for it. I've tried Garnier products and I decided to give it a shot. It works just as well as Clinique. If you've never tried a gel moisturizer be aware that it definitely feels different than regular moisturizer. Not sure how to describe but it doesn't feel like your moisturizing at all. I tend not to use moisturizer in the am because my skin is so oily but when my skin gets drier in the cooler months this is my go to moisturizer.