February 28, 2015 | 1869 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by EffieH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw all the great reviews for St. Ives scrubs here at MUA so I bought a few sample sizes to see which one I liked the best, and this was it! It's very finely milled -- the first time I used it plain on dry skin and didn't realize how powerful it was -- I pretty much rubbed my face raw in a very short time! But now I use it regularly, it works great. I like it a lot better than the grainier scrubs, it gives me a much better and quicker dermabrasion with less scrubbing. It's very mild and doesn't dry my skin out -- but I almost always use my scrubs along with CeraVe hydrating cleanser which helps with any dryness. I have phymatous rosacea, which causes my skin to build up excess tissue daily, it's really noticeable when I wake up in the morning, so I use this every morning before applying my makeup to decrease the puffiness and large pores, and often at night when I remove my makeup, too. I actually prefer it to my Clarisonic, it dermabrades my skin just as well but is quicker and easier to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

I just started using this scrub recently. I love it! I love the texture of it, the exfoliants are quite finely milled, which is great for me- most scrubs really irritate my skin. This one doesn't at all. It has a pleasant smell and is quite affordable. I'll buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by ohemgee21

Pros:
-Can use it everyday
-Surprisingly minimized hormonal breakouts. I only broke out in 2 pimples using this stuff - I usually break out with 6 or 7 on my upper lip and chin right before my period.
-Love love love the smell and the packaging is nice.
-Very cheap
Cons:
-Drying to the skin so I apply this only to problem areas like my nose and around my mouth and chin.

This stuff hasn't left my skin perfect, but I have definitely seen an improvement. I would repurchase for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

So at the age of 47 I still get pimples! I was looking for a fine texture scrub with salicylic acid to combat the occasional breakout and clogged pores. This fits the bill perfectly. I use it once or twice a week and a tube would last me ages. It definitely helps refine my pores. I like the texture and it doesn't irritate my skin in any way. Personally I wuold probably find it too drying to use every day, but then again I don't need to use it every day.
Edit: The more I use it the more I like it. It doesn't dry out or irritate my skin in any way and I am now using it every second day. It does a great job of keeping my pores clear and getting rid of any flakes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by KCoren

love! smells yummy, the small exfoiliating granules are lovely (i personally hate the big "beads" or whatever you call them, it feels like they're not really polishing my skin that well), and my skin always feels really fresh and glowy after i use it. i got on sale 2/7$ (at full price, $7 is a bit much for a tiny bottle) at CVS so i got the green tea cleanser as well (also great if you're looking for a cleanser not scrub). i use it once daily so it's not harsh and i have fairly (not super) sensitive skin. I could see how if you had really sensitive skin, you might only want to use this every couple or few days, because this stuff really scrubs and polishes! i'll repurchase, i'm giving it a overall of 4, simple because i still have this thought that there's a utopian facial cleanser and scrub out there, that which would receive a 5 ;) but until i run across that magical scrub, the st. ives green tea is pretty awesome!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by kaaary

the biggest problem with me is that i hate the texture of this scrub! it's very gritty and sandy feeling if you will :P it just feels weird and it really bothers me. it doesn't irritate my skin or anything, but i don't think it's doing anything special either.

i used to use the apricot scrub (which i love, and like more than this one) but i just decided to try something new. i'll be going back to the apricot scrub for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Hunnybunnymsf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love when companies make travel sizes of products especially when I'm on the fence about the product. Which was the situation with the Green Tea Scrub. So I bought the travel size and used it for 2-3 weeks until I ran out (I didn't need much product for my face) and I really liked it so I went and got the full sized. I have been using this for over a month and a half.

Pro-
*I'm a fan of the finer texture as opposed to the Apricot Scrub which I have used previously (website says the exfoliant in this product is sand)
*Good Scent
*I haven't had much of a problem with the product not washing off completely like others have
*No dryness from this product
*Seems to be aiding in acne prevention, any spot I had healed faster , any new ones (only 2 because it was my time of the month) were way less severe than usual and I am noticing over all better skin apperance (I find that my skin reacts well to frequent exfoliation)
*Hasn't irritated my slightly sensitive skin
*Has not caused breakouts
*Leaves my skin feeling clean, smooth and soft

Con-
*None so far...will update if this changes.

It's definitely worth trying (especially with the travel size option) to see if it's right for you. I know I will be repurchasing. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by streetlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the most amazing product ever! I used to use the apricot scrub, but realized it was tearing my face up so I went for this one instead. I use a pea-sized amount every night in the shower, and it does a wonderful job exfoliating my skin, and so gently! It smells okay, not my favorite but it's bearable. Since I started using this my skin has improved so much and I hope they never discontinue this gem!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by itdontstop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked this at first, i would use only it 2 or 3x a week but my skin became reddish and felt dry after about a month. now whenever i use it i notice new pimples on my face!!! this worked for like 3 weeks and then my skin my worse!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best face scrub ever! You can use it everyday (I do and I have sensitive skin) and it really does help your acne. A previous comment stated that her skin turned red but that's because if you scrub too hard it will. The scent is a major plus also :)