St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 5/28/2011 9:34:00 PM

THIS IS AMAZINGGG!
No breakouts(which i have suddenly be getting now for no reason!), clears redness, banishes dullness and is sooo gentle and lovely!

on 5/23/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I switched from the apricot scrub to this. I was instantly amazed at how much gentler this felt on my skin. I use this everyday during my period, and every other day the rest of the month. It keeps my blemishes in check, and my skin smooth. This is my go-to face wash, and I buy more every time I'm running though, I wish the bottle was bigger for the price.

on 5/23/2011 1:34:00 PM

Wow, I really love this. I didn't know if I would or not (I didn't read here first). It smells nice, it's inexpensive and it made my skin look better after just one use. I've had it for three days, and I've used it every day. My pores are tiny, my skin feels smooth and it's clearing up my hormonal acne from my last period really fast. It's not as harsh of a scrub as the apricot scrub, which is nice.

It's awesome. I dig it. I'm thinking about trying the green tea face wash.

on 5/22/2011 4:56:00 PM

I have used this product for 10+ years now and have always loved the deep pore cleaning (this may be due to the use of real apricot pit pieces instead of other brands which use toxic plastic beads - yuck!). This kept me a fan for many many years, however, one thing always bugged me: parabens in the ingredients list. Then, some time ago, St. Ives decided to ditch the parabens and harsh fragrances and came out with something that is now entirely biodegradable (I think this very product was even mentioned in a recent environmental book - I can't think of the name of the book - but there is a Facebook page detailing this fact. Link here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120313750516).

In my humble little opinion St. Ives has a forever fan in me now. It bugs the hell out of me that cosmetics/beauty companies continue to manufacture cheap products with toxic ingredients that end up polluting our planet (remember our scrubs eventually find their way into our ocean). Companies need to wake up and realize that we want makeup that is safe for our bodies and safe for our planet earth. Thank you St. Ives for getting a clue!!!! No parabens, no plastic beads that never biodegrade and away with harsh scents!

P.S. I've tried hundreds of scrub products - I have yet to find one that cleans my pores better than St. Ives.

on 5/21/2011 3:07:00 AM

Pleasant smell and nice texture, but did not notice a difference (good or bad) with this product. It's a nice treat for your skin, but no significant improvements.

on 5/21/2011 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a huge fan of St. Ives Apricot Scrub, so I was excited when I saw this new green tea based product from St. Ives.

I've got mixed feelings about this one though. I love the smell, which is a welcome bonus. I also like that the scrub is more gentle than the original apricot scrub, which is excellent for my sensitive skin and doesn't cause redness.

One major con I've found so far is that its much harder to wash off. I have to keep rinsing over and over to get the "sandy" feeling off my face. It does eventually come off, but its a bit more time consuming than what I'm used to.

Since I've only just started using this, I'm not sure how it affects the skin in terms of breakouts. I'm currently going through a bad breakout, so I'm hoping this helps clear it up. I'll update when I've tried it out a few more times :)

on 5/21/2011 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this scrub!! It feels great when it goes on your skin, and smells really good too. After using it, your skin feels smooth and "tight." I like when my face has that 'tight' feeling.

on 5/18/2011 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

love this stuff. i use it 1-2x a week to exfoliate my dry skin. the green tea extract does help me with redness on my cheeks too.

on 5/11/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

tea tree scrub is great for removing dead skin,cleaning the face in general ,does a great job to make your skin healthier!Love st ives products!been using them since 97. I have a smooth skin ,refreshed after tea tree! Love it!

on 5/11/2011 4:06:00 PM

I like how the grains in this product are a lot smaller so it's not as harsh on your face as the apricot scrub. But I don't feel like this does too much for my blackheads compared to other scrubs. I don't think it does too much for my redness either. But it does keep my pores at bay. I wouldn't rave about this product but it wasn't a huge let down either. Probably won't repurchase and will try out some other scrub next.