St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

I had seen this in stores and it looked like something I would like and yet I never tried it. My mom is the one who recommended it to me and so I thought if she liked it enough to tell me about it I would try it. First off, I really like the smell. It smells really fresh and lightly sweet. The scrub is gritty but still very smooth. I do not like Apricot Scrub because I feel like it is way too gritty even to the point where I get scratches from it. This is the perfect texture that you can use it every day and I don't think it would be too much for your skin to handle. I don't use this every day, more like 3 or 4 times a week. This is good to give your skin a fresh looking glow, but nothing crazy like microdermabrasion or anything. I have even used this in conjunction with my Clarisonic and I didn't think it was too brash at all. It does have salicylic acid in it, which may be a negative or a positive depending on your skin. I like this scrub, I am glad I bought it and I like using it. But it's not something I would recommend over anything else. I still prefer using my regular facewash with a hand full of sugar.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

im not too sure if i would buy this product again. it did work for my face but countless times while i was rinsing , it got caught in my eye and my older sister has experienced the same problem. my eye is BURNING as i write this. BEWARE if it gets in caught in your eye. no mattter how many times i splash water, eye drops, or blow my eye this thing is STILL in it. i had to sleep with it and it is very irritating. just from this experience alone makes me uncomfortable to buy again...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just love this scrub! I usually use it morning and night, plus I have sensitive skin, and it hasn't irritated my skin whatsoever! It takes off makeup amazingly, I use it in the shower before bed, to take off my makeup and to cleanse my skin, and it works amazingly! The micro-scrubbers in it are super super small yet not sharp, and feel amazing when you glide this over your skin, it literally feels like a massage.

It has a really nice smell to it, very refreshing. The product is of a nice green color which counteracts with the redness on my skin, so I'm left with no redness!

Since a year ago, I've been obsessed with St. Ives products! They just work wonders on my skin. I have oily/very sensitive skin and I swear by this skin brand. The ingredients seem to be more gentle than other skin brands, and I love the fact that they do not test on animals, and their packaging is recyclable. This scrub is oil-free, non-comedogenic, and has natural ingredients in it, including green tea which has been proven to heal skin, and to get rid of redness. The best part about it, is that it has 1% salicylic acid which prevents future breakouts. Since I've been using this stuff, I have gotten no pimples whatsoever!

I picked this scrub at my local supermarket for only $3.99 which is an incredible price for something that works perfectly on my skin!

The only con I have about this product is that you have to make sure you rinse your entire face after using it or else it will leave little white speckles of the micro-scrubbies.

This is seriously an amazing scrub, it can be used everyday, or just sometimes, depending on your skin type. You should definitely try it out !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was always a fan of St. Ives apricot scrub until they changed their scent which resulted in me getting nasty headaches from the new smell. Then I heard good things about this scrub and I decided to try it. Pros: the beads are gentle and aren't as harsh as the regular apricot scrub and the smell it pleasant. It does leave a filmy feel so it takes a little more effort to wash it off. Cons: it kept leaving white specs in my eyelashes! It's a PIA to try and maneuver between my lashes to get the specs out and it definitely is annoying when it gets in my eyes. This alone is enough to have me go back to my Neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

For some reason I've been breaking out and I've been noticing major blackheads on my forehead and face in general. I was a Target one day and saw the traveling size and decided to just try it since it had salicylic acid. Although I know that the Apricot scrub did not work for me in the past, this green tea scrub caught my eye since its with 100% natural green tea. (I've heard green tea packs soaked on the face was good for the skin). After the first 2 days of using this product, I notice my face clearing up and the redness reduced. It leaves my face smooth and tight. I have oily skin so it works for me. I just bought the cleanser so I'll see how it works together. I'm hoping these combo will be my HG.

3/5/12
I still like the scrub, however I only use it once a week because if I use it 2-3 times a week, my skin peels and dries up. It has not become my HG scrub, but its worth tryng it out.

THIS IS AMAZINGGG!
No breakouts(which i have suddenly be getting now for no reason!), clears redness, banishes dullness and is sooo gentle and lovely!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I switched from the apricot scrub to this. I was instantly amazed at how much gentler this felt on my skin. I use this everyday during my period, and every other day the rest of the month. It keeps my blemishes in check, and my skin smooth. This is my go-to face wash, and I buy more every time I'm running though, I wish the bottle was bigger for the price.

Wow, I really love this. I didn't know if I would or not (I didn't read here first). It smells nice, it's inexpensive and it made my skin look better after just one use. I've had it for three days, and I've used it every day. My pores are tiny, my skin feels smooth and it's clearing up my hormonal acne from my last period really fast. It's not as harsh of a scrub as the apricot scrub, which is nice.

It's awesome. I dig it. I'm thinking about trying the green tea face wash.

I have used this product for 10+ years now and have always loved the deep pore cleaning (this may be due to the use of real apricot pit pieces instead of other brands which use toxic plastic beads - yuck!). This kept me a fan for many many years, however, one thing always bugged me: parabens in the ingredients list. Then, some time ago, St. Ives decided to ditch the parabens and harsh fragrances and came out with something that is now entirely biodegradable (I think this very product was even mentioned in a recent environmental book - I can't think of the name of the book - but there is a Facebook page detailing this fact. Link here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120313750516).

In my humble little opinion St. Ives has a forever fan in me now. It bugs the hell out of me that cosmetics/beauty companies continue to manufacture cheap products with toxic ingredients that end up polluting our planet (remember our scrubs eventually find their way into our ocean). Companies need to wake up and realize that we want makeup that is safe for our bodies and safe for our planet earth. Thank you St. Ives for getting a clue!!!! No parabens, no plastic beads that never biodegrade and away with harsh scents!

P.S. I've tried hundreds of scrub products - I have yet to find one that cleans my pores better than St. Ives.

Pleasant smell and nice texture, but did not notice a difference (good or bad) with this product. It's a nice treat for your skin, but no significant improvements.