November 27, 2014 | 1226 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

So at the age of 47 I still get pimples! I was looking for a fine texture scrub with salicylic acid to combat the occasional breakout and clogged pores. This fits the bill perfectly. I use it once or twice a week and a tube would last me ages. It definitely helps refine my pores. I like the texture and it doesn't irritate my skin in any way. Personally I wuold probably find it too drying to use every day, but then again I don't need to use it every day.
Edit: The more I use it the more I like it. It doesn't dry out or irritate my skin in any way and I am now using it every second day. It does a great job of keeping my pores clear and getting rid of any flakes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by KCoren

love! smells yummy, the small exfoiliating granules are lovely (i personally hate the big "beads" or whatever you call them, it feels like they're not really polishing my skin that well), and my skin always feels really fresh and glowy after i use it. i got on sale 2/7$ (at full price, $7 is a bit much for a tiny bottle) at CVS so i got the green tea cleanser as well (also great if you're looking for a cleanser not scrub). i use it once daily so it's not harsh and i have fairly (not super) sensitive skin. I could see how if you had really sensitive skin, you might only want to use this every couple or few days, because this stuff really scrubs and polishes! i'll repurchase, i'm giving it a overall of 4, simple because i still have this thought that there's a utopian facial cleanser and scrub out there, that which would receive a 5 ;) but until i run across that magical scrub, the st. ives green tea is pretty awesome!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by kaaary

the biggest problem with me is that i hate the texture of this scrub! it's very gritty and sandy feeling if you will :P it just feels weird and it really bothers me. it doesn't irritate my skin or anything, but i don't think it's doing anything special either.

i used to use the apricot scrub (which i love, and like more than this one) but i just decided to try something new. i'll be going back to the apricot scrub for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Hunnybunnymsf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love when companies make travel sizes of products especially when I'm on the fence about the product. Which was the situation with the Green Tea Scrub. So I bought the travel size and used it for 2-3 weeks until I ran out (I didn't need much product for my face) and I really liked it so I went and got the full sized. I have been using this for over a month and a half.

Pro-
*I'm a fan of the finer texture as opposed to the Apricot Scrub which I have used previously (website says the exfoliant in this product is sand)
*Good Scent
*I haven't had much of a problem with the product not washing off completely like others have
*No dryness from this product
*Seems to be aiding in acne prevention, any spot I had healed faster , any new ones (only 2 because it was my time of the month) were way less severe than usual and I am noticing over all better skin apperance (I find that my skin reacts well to frequent exfoliation)
*Hasn't irritated my slightly sensitive skin
*Has not caused breakouts
*Leaves my skin feeling clean, smooth and soft

Con-
*None so far...will update if this changes.

It's definitely worth trying (especially with the travel size option) to see if it's right for you. I know I will be repurchasing. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by streetlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the most amazing product ever! I used to use the apricot scrub, but realized it was tearing my face up so I went for this one instead. I use a pea-sized amount every night in the shower, and it does a wonderful job exfoliating my skin, and so gently! It smells okay, not my favorite but it's bearable. Since I started using this my skin has improved so much and I hope they never discontinue this gem!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by itdontstop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked this at first, i would use only it 2 or 3x a week but my skin became reddish and felt dry after about a month. now whenever i use it i notice new pimples on my face!!! this worked for like 3 weeks and then my skin my worse!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best face scrub ever! You can use it everyday (I do and I have sensitive skin) and it really does help your acne. A previous comment stated that her skin turned red but that's because if you scrub too hard it will. The scent is a major plus also :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by 4neelu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite scrub for face.... Love the small granules ..
Feel clean after using it... Helps with acne and acne scars .. Has salicyic acid 1% .. Ideal for daily or thrice a week use... Love it..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love this scrub! I recently started getting pimples all over my forehead & being in my mid 30s & having to treat acne is no fun. I was using Paula's choice BHA lotion with bp for spot treating & honestly it really wasn't doing much. I saw some reviews about this scrub & thought 'why not?' Well, this one little scrub made all the difference! My pimples started to diminish on the first try. Now I use it every night after my cleansing oil & my skin is almost 100% clear! This scrub is finely miled & it smell so nice, I look forward to using it every night. I strongly recommend it & they sell it in small travel sizes, so if you want to try it out first, you can always try this size & you wont be disappointed!! Will def. by again once I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by EJFlatt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like the product a lot. It smells good, I like that the scrub has very fine beads so its actually not as harsh as a scrub with larger beads. It's not irriating at all. I don't think it's helped clear my acne at all though, however exfoliating in general can help. My face feels nice & smooth after use. I use it about every morning. I feel like I could find something better though.