St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 5/21/2011 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a huge fan of St. Ives Apricot Scrub, so I was excited when I saw this new green tea based product from St. Ives.

I've got mixed feelings about this one though. I love the smell, which is a welcome bonus. I also like that the scrub is more gentle than the original apricot scrub, which is excellent for my sensitive skin and doesn't cause redness.

One major con I've found so far is that its much harder to wash off. I have to keep rinsing over and over to get the "sandy" feeling off my face. It does eventually come off, but its a bit more time consuming than what I'm used to.

Since I've only just started using this, I'm not sure how it affects the skin in terms of breakouts. I'm currently going through a bad breakout, so I'm hoping this helps clear it up. I'll update when I've tried it out a few more times :)

on 5/21/2011 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this scrub!! It feels great when it goes on your skin, and smells really good too. After using it, your skin feels smooth and "tight." I like when my face has that 'tight' feeling.

on 5/18/2011 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

love this stuff. i use it 1-2x a week to exfoliate my dry skin. the green tea extract does help me with redness on my cheeks too.

on 5/11/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

tea tree scrub is great for removing dead skin,cleaning the face in general ,does a great job to make your skin healthier!Love st ives products!been using them since 97. I have a smooth skin ,refreshed after tea tree! Love it!

on 5/11/2011 4:06:00 PM

I like how the grains in this product are a lot smaller so it's not as harsh on your face as the apricot scrub. But I don't feel like this does too much for my blackheads compared to other scrubs. I don't think it does too much for my redness either. But it does keep my pores at bay. I wouldn't rave about this product but it wasn't a huge let down either. Probably won't repurchase and will try out some other scrub next.

on 5/11/2011 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

For St. Ive's Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

I bought this in the winter to target some monthly breakouts and continuous dry/flaky skin.

The salicylic acid helps to dissovle the dead skin and unclog pores; the gentle scrubbing beads clear away the gunk. I have had good results with this and continue to use it every other day or so. I use it very gently, as I have read that with exfoliators, scrubbing LONGER is better than scrubbing HARDER... so I thoroughly rub this gently all over my face, avoiding my eyes.

*I like the smell
*effectively helps clear my breakouts and slough away dry, flaky skin
*gentle and natural, not tested on animals
*cheaper than most other drugstore cleansers
*doesn't break me out or dry me out

I use this after St. Ive's Fresh Skin Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser.

The only con I associate with this product is that it can seem to leave a residue behind... not such a problem in the shower, but more noticable when I cleanse at the sink. I usually follow with toner anyhow, so it hasn't resulted in breakouts or anything, but I am wary of it... I have been using this for several months now.

I will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

i dont have yet a lot of to say about this, but i will come back later when i have tryed it more :) anyways... i didnt know it was for acne prone skin so i was a bit scared it to be to harsh. it says that it reduces redness and helps fight acne + it haves 1% of salisylic acid. its a light green paste and its very smooth, the beads are very fine and theres lot of them so it offers a good exfoliaton! it smells like... fruity green tea juice. it kinda foamed up and exfoliated very well, but i did feel a bit of tingeling on my nose in not a good way. my skin was very smooth and clear looking/feeling after using it. im gonna use it just once a month, coz i dont want to use anything too harsh every week :)
NEW THOUGHTS: actually i dont find it anymore harsh at all. i use it when i feel i need something intensive and it works very well. it does reduce the redness and it makes my whiteheads come out very easily. i love how it foams up ^____^ i highly recommend it for people who have blemishes or acne!

on 5/3/2011 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well...I thought this product sounded great so I gave it a try....Wrong!!!!
It really broke me out badly. Large cystic pimples and not in the normal break out areas. I was so surprised....I kept going back to it to make sure this was what was causing the breakouts and it was for sure. Too bad, because I liked the feel of the scrub and smell of it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have to say that I absolutely adore this product. I tried it by accident, actually. My mom had bought it and normally, I use the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, but I'd run out of that so I just decided to use a bit of my mom's Green Tea Scrub. I was honestly really surprised at the results. The texture of it isn't as rough as the Apricot Scrub, which makes it really easy to use everyday because it's not as harsh of an exfoliator. The scent of the scrub smells really fresh and clean. After I used it and washed it off, I got immediate results. My skin felt much softer and smoother. It's been a few weeks now and I use it every morning, and ever since then, my skin has much less breakouts, which is surprising for me because my skin is very acne-prone and difficult to control and clear up. The product also claims that it will reduce redness and for me, that definitely holds true because I can see that my skin tone has become more even and the redness has definitely decreased a lot. It also doesn't over-dry my skin too much either. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product and I'm a huge fan of every St. Ives product :)

on 4/21/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok so my face was breaking out pretty bad and i was DESPRATE for an acne wash or scrub that wouldn't break me out so i tried this because it was very cheap and i didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that wouldn't work. By the next day i saw some impressive reasults. This was about a year ago and it still works till this day. It is the only thing i will use. I definitely recommend.