November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by sheltielov3r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I loooooooove this. I used this everyday under my eyes. I don'jt know if it acutally works because my bags aren't that big/deep/obvious but I like the concept of it and I will repurchase (I have already boguht 3)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I'm giving this a 4 mainly because I'm astonished at the amount of coverage it has--and my dark circles are fairly prominent--and creasing is minimal. I wouldn't have bothered to purchase this if I hadn't seen continual races for it on the makeup board (it seems so gimmicky,) but I'm quite glad I did, and after waiting for a Garnier sale at CVS+extra bucks, the price was reasonable (maybe $7-8). The main flaw is the lack of shade options, but this works nicely on my NW20 skintone, so it's nbd for me. Great for on-the-go, and also works quite well under and over my HG concealer, MAC prolongwear. I'd repurchase, and I recommend this to fans of revlon spa, my former favorite DS concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This covered pretty well, more than I thought it would, but it doesn't last. You'll have to reapply within 2-3 hours. It also emphasizes dryness and will settle into fine lines you didn't even know you had!! I tried using 2 different eye creams underneath and I still had issues. I give up with this stuff...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lurveit914

Okay so I'm fair-medium skin tone woman with purple/blue under eye circles. I don't want to say they're terrible but they cut pretty close. I recently realised I needed some help with them and with all the hype surrounding this product... bought into it.

PROS:
Covers the dark under eye circles pretty well, even helps cover some freckles.

APPLICATION:
I moisturise my face, roll this under my eyes, pat it in and then place my MUFE Matt Velvet + foundation over the top (but really any foundation/concealer will do to bump up the coverage).

CONS:
...and this is a big one. It doesn't last.
I've used this several times with a finishing powder (Mac Mineralised Skin Finish Natural) and without and it simply and truthfully is a 2hr con job to fool you and only you. If I apply this at 6.30am by 8.30am it's very clear that my under eye circles are coming back to haunt me. If you re-touch it can look cakey without a doubt and to be honest my day is far too busy to be heading for a mirror every 2 hours. Ridiculous.

Personally, I'm going to give the more expensive Bobbi Brown Corrector a go in Light Bisque. It sounds like it does what I had hoped Garnier had promised (and does deliver for a few hours) but lasts ALL day.

Would I recommend? No I wouldn't.

UPDATE:
Just thought I'd pop back in here to say I went ahead and purchased the Bobbi Brown correcor in Light Bisque not long after I did this review and it's been doing everything I was hoping Garnier would do. You need to moisturise before you use it BUT it covers the purple/blue dark areas, brightens and with setting, lasts ALL day! It's definitely a staple in my everyday makeup collection. If you're willing to spend the extra dollars - try the BB corrector in your shade. There isn't much product in the little container but with the right application you truly don't need much for it to work. Longevity wise - I've just hit pan a few weeks ago and that's with using it everyday since Feb (it's now mid June). Hopefully the update helps. :)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by LizLaughandLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products that never skip in my daily routine. I don't think that it's strong, and full coverage enough concealer that it stand on it's own though. I put a separate concealer on over it. But not only does this control my dark eye circles and minimize the appearance of them, but it also instantly brightens up my entire face. I like to roll it on and leave it there for a minute before blending it in. My only complain is the cost! I think it's a bit expensive for a drugstore product. I do love it though. If you have and hate your dark eye circles as much as I do, it's worth your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by indiajane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my god, this is the greatest product invented. I always had trouble with undereye concealers because even though I'm young and have oily, acne prone skin, my undereye area has tiny fine lines and sometimes is very dry. I borrowed this from my mom when I ran out of my foundation (Revlon Colorstay, I was using that as an undereye concealer) and boy was I pleasantly surprised! The texture is very watery, which is nice because it makes it almost impossible to cake up. Even though it is so thin, I find it offers excellent coverage and is extremely buildable. My dark circles are't too horrible so I apply one layer and let it dry and then apply another one, sometimes even a third if I feel I need it. THIS ALSO WORKS FOR ME AS A FOUNDATION. I was tired of using my bare minerals matte because it would leave me so oily and seemed to make my skin look worse by the end of the day. I moisturized and didn't use a primer of any sort and rolled this on all over my face and lightly blended...HOLY ****!!!! It evens out my skintone perfectly and looks like real skin! I put my Coastal Scents cosmetic microspheres powder over it and I wasn't oily whatsoever by the end of the day. It stayed on from 6 in the morning to when I got home at 2pm, and I was even able to put more on even though I had powdered my face and it still looked amazing. I don't think this will break me out. This is the greatest thing even invented. I'm still in shock.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I caught this on sale for $10 at cvs. I bought the medium/deep color. It does cover my dark circles some but I still use concealer. It does give a brightening effect to my face. I would buy again. However, I think this will last a while.
update 6/12 --> I'm no longer crazy about it. I don't reach for it often, but will try to use up because I don't like to waste $$.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love this product. I use it as a primer for my concealer. It has a slight pinky peach tint so it brightens and counter acts the blue in my under eye circles. And for me it provides a great base for my concealer to go on smoothly. I also enjoy that the roller is metal because it provides a nice cooling sensation. It does kinda conceal but I have pretty bad dark circles so I do need to still use a concealer. However if your under eye area isn't very bad I think you could get away with just using this. It last all day without creasing for me. One of my favorite products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Saraah14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this product! Unlike other concealers which can be either too drying or too heavy under the eye, this is very moisturizing and just instantly brightens the face. I have had this for a good 6 months now and it still hasn't run out even though I use it everyday! Will definately buy again! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a really great drugstore product. I liked it a lot, my only issues with it was the color (only one option-too dark for me) and the coverage (too light, easily smears away). Besides that, it's awesome! Reasonable price, awesome applicator, smooth texture that's not cakey, quick and easy to apply especially when you're in a rush. I ended up giving it to my sister because it better suited her skin tone and she loves it and uses it everyday.