April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This product will definitely last you the whole school/work day without setting powder. I use this for my under eyes and it gives med-full coverage. It does dry pretty quick but I didn't have a problem with that because I just use a clean ring finger to blend it real quick and this product isn't the best when applying with a concealer brush. The only thing I don't like about this concealer (1 lippie off) is that it does start to look a little cakey after a few hours so making sure your under eyes are well moisturized will help with using this product. I don't recommend applying any powder product on top of this concealer as the staying power is already great and by doing so will just perhaps increase the cakey look.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Not impressed. Coverage isn't the best, looks cakey under the eye, hard to blend(make sure you have a moisturizer or a eye creme under it or you'll never get it to blend), a ton of product comes out on the wand and after a while of wearing it you can tell where you've placed the concealer cause it starts to cake up and look obvious. The staying power certainly isn't 24hrs but i guess it holds up well for a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by AmyIshida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer has a very small shade selection to choose from. I had to mix cream and medium-beige together to get a colour similar to my skin tone. It's also a little pink-based, which didn't match my olive-based Asian skin. As others have said, it dries really quickly. It's too cakey for the undereyes. It set into fine lines I didn't even know I had! It has decent coverage though, I would use this for face only, as it does mattify and stay put on my oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually use the mineral concealer by Maybelline, but I wanted to give this is a try in the hopes it would be more long wearing. I am very fair, but I purchased the cream shade (because the ivory was sold out) and it matches my skin fairly well, although it is a bit orange.

After the first couple uses, I was not as enamored with this concealer as I was at first. It is very long wearing, but if you don't blend it right away, it stays a little thick on your skin. After a full day of work, some of my powder foundation had worn off but the concealer still stayed - and looked very obvious.

This concealer would probably be better had I tried it in the right shade, but I think I will stick with the trusty mineral concealer instead, which is better overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by pumibel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have not used a concealer in quite a long time- not because I am so flawless, but because I hate a lot of makeup layered on my face. I usually wear either a mineral powder foundation or an oil free thin liquid foundation. I have been contemplating more coverage, however, because I do have some melasma in a sort of "butterfly rash" shape on my cheeks and old dark spots from healed acne spots. My skin care routine keeps me pretty clear of pimples, but my skin tone is uneven. I decided to try this concealer before going to a heavy foundation, and I am glad I did! It blends away some of the worst spots. I use it over my Neutrogena Skin Clearing foundation. I am also going to try it under my Mad Minerals powder foundation to see how well it works with that. I like that it is a thin liquid that stays all day. I use it in my oily areas- does not look all that great under eyes! I don't have dark circles anyway- I have white circles (how weird is that?) I would recommend this concealer for oily skin types. I use the "creme" shade, and I have light yellow toned skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by tabercat

This is the concealer provides the fullest coverage I have ever found and lasts forever. It is the only thing I have found that will fully conceal a pimple that I've been squeezing on and have made worse, or if I over do my retin-a and end up looking like a lobster in patches of my face where the skin is missing. This concealer is for disaster situations. However, it is very dry and sets quickly, so i wouldn't use it on the under eye area. You will end up tugging the skin and it won't look good even after you've risked causing under eye aging. The colors are also not too good. They are not natural skin tones, and I think it would be hard to find someone who would actually match. I bought the two fairest shades, which are still decidedly pink and mixed them together. This color blends in well enough to do the job and go unnoticed, but I wouldn't at all call the colors anywhere close to as natural and flesh toned my HG makeup forever; however, it does provide more coverage for those really stubborn imperfections.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by rlww4231

i've used this product for a while now, but still not very impressed by it
i often have a bit of flakiness from using acne products that leaves my skin a bit dry, and the this concealer emphasizes the dryness!
but if you dont have dryness, this will work amazingly because the it has extremely high coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hadn't bought any "drugstore" products for a whiel (ie Cover Girl, Maybelline etc) but I was in desperate need of a new concealer after my Illuminare Extra Coverage ran out. Next stop was going to be either the Becca concealer of Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, however with my recent credit card woes I couldn't justify spending $40AUD+ on those items. So I traipsed over to Priceline (a chain of stores very similar to your "drugstores") woefully sampling the concealers, when I stumbled on this little gem. On "sale" at $10, I thought, why not... and WOAH. Bottom line - this will now be a permanent item in my makeup bag, alongside such luminaries as my Nars Dolce Vita lippy, Shiseido Lash Lift mascara and Mirenesse skin clone powder foundation. I applied it to the sides of my nose and chin where my skin blemishes were most visible, and 5 hours later it's still there. Admittedly it's a long way from the 24 hours they claim it's supposed to last, but for me this is absolutely fantastic, given that all other concealers I've tried have lasted max of 3 hours before I have to reapply. The consistency is light yet heavily pigmented, therefore only the smallest amount is required. And it covers so well! And the fact that it's soooo cheap! I couldn't believe it. I'll be stocking up on this concealer now before my colour (medium beige - I've tanned now) runs out. Cannot recommend this enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by laurita24

I just bought this concealer and love it. Stays on super well, easy to blend, covers great. My new favorite and going to buy it again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this concealer! I have been loyal to using my MAC Select Moisturecover concealer for my dry skin for quite some time now, but I found that it was too liquid-y to stay put on my skin without fading or creasing into my under eyes. So I gave this drugstore concealer a shot, and it surpasses my MAC one by a mile. It is a liquid, but it has the coverage of a cream, blends beautifully, and covers my acne/scars/under eye circles perfectly with no fading. It truly does stay on all day (and mind you, today was one hot and sweaty day for me). I haven't experienced any drying, even though i have fairly dry skin. I do make sure to moisturize before applying any makeup on my face though. Bottom line, this is my new holy grail concealer!