October 26, 2014 | 931 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by cheer6

Didn't work for me. I wasn't expecting it to last 24 hours, but it didn't even last a couple of hours for me. It caked beyond belief. I will no buy thi again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe i discovered this NOW. I should've purchased this a long, long time ago....

Okay so i started 'ranting' though i'm not 100% happy with it (obviously). however, i think this product is a great find, a drugstore concealer that rivals high-end products (Helena Rubinstein).

I tried this one and the mousse concealer, however the latter was available in two shades only (White Vampire and Bleached Ghost- thanks but no thanks), then smeared this on the back of my hand while rolling my eyes and getting ready to hit other counters....and something struck me. It looks and acts EXACTLY like my beloved Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer...without the hefty price tag (that one was expensive like shiz...35 if i'm not mistaking).The consistency, the way it blended in, the pigmentation and the shade (Medium) mimic 100% HR's MC in 03 Dark. I couldn't believe it.

I love the packaging. I have always had a soft spot for these spongey-applicator concealers, i don't know why. They're a bit easier to apply than the squeeze-tube versions, you still get your fingers dirty but that way, i feel you can control the quantity (a smear versus a squeeze than can end up all over your clothes/furniture etc).

Okay so this concealer looks very rich on my skin. Of course that, being the drugstore product it is, it will still crease a little (FAR less than other drugstore stuff) and get a tiny bit dry (not flaky). It looks a bit drier than Helena Rubinstein (aka duh duh duh) but ....surprise surprise....LASTS LONGER. WAY LONGER.

The HR (which i love&adore) has one big disadvantage....it used to last all day (i never powder my undereye area because it shows all the fine lines, which i hate) but a few weeks ago it started to magically vanish three hours after i apply it. Boo.

The Maybelline one stays put where i apply it and doesn't budge. it covers everything (think purplish circles) and even illuminates the area. I specifically picked a darker-ish shade because i am so tired of all the 'light' (white cast) halo everything else gives me...

so yep. this is a great find that i will most certainly repurchase. Gave it 4 lippies only for the minor creasing (oh well....) and for the rip off Maybelline franchisers engage in on Swedish territory (paid the equivalent of 17 USD here!). Other than that, it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by smartmakeupshopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer works quite well on blemishes and although I have acne-prone skin, I don't mind the packaging because I usually dab a bit of this product on the back of my clean hand and use the product either with a q-tip, brush, or fingers; whichever is both more sanitary and convenient at that time. This concealer does not work well for under my eyes because it brings attention to very fine lines that do not show up when using other concealers or even when bare.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have really bad acne scars and acne. and i must say this covers them pretty well. i HATE the packaging. it is s spell for disaster only because it spreads acne. BUT the concealer its self is pretty good. i havent used a whole lot of concealers and i am on the hunt for a new one but this will do for now. it does crease a tad bit. and you really have to get used to it. it does dry real fast. you should do one side of the face at once (just a suggestion) but pretty much its just here for now till i find a new and better one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by xCocoChanelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer, it's the best one i've tried so far. It doesn't dry out or sink into fine lines, It covers my dark circles really well and manages to blend into any foundation i use.
10/10 :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealor is very pigmented, opaque, dries fast, and has decent staying power unless it rains or unless your skin is extremely greasy (I have combination skin). I like the thin consistency because it feels weightless on my face. I like the wand applicator because it allows me to control how much I want to use. I think that some people might have problems blending this concealor because of how fast it dries, but if you apply a little (a LITTLE) at a time and tap it onto your face with warm fingers to blend it out, it should not be a problem. If you want more coverage, just apply over the same area until you are satisfied... well, this is the application method that satisfies me. If you have very dry skin, this may look cakey unless you are applying it over moisturiser... but then it might slide off.

There were only a few shades of this concealor at my local Priceline but "cream" seems to match my light olive-undertoned skin. For reference I also like MAC's Select Cover-up in NC20 but I find that the Maybelline has more staying power. I have, at times, only worn this concealor over sunblock and been complimented on my complexion. So I guess it's a good match for my skin tone.

Super Stay Concealor is very similar to Maybelline Great Wear Concealor, which I used in the 1990s. I was very upset when it was discontinued. The main difference between Super Stay and Great Wear is that you get so little product these days. The tube is much smaller than the Great Wear tube. So cost per wear, it's actually cheaper to use MAC.

And finally, if you are using this to cover blemishes, this concealor does not contain cyclopentasiloxane! I am very happy about that because my skin can not tolerate cyclopentasiloxane, it just makes my blemishes worse.

3/12/10: I bought a back-up of this concealor. I don't usually buy back-ups so I guess I really like this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

make sure your skin is very well moisturized before using this concealer. it applies so thick, that i use a concealer brush to pull the product off the supplied wand. LESS IS MORE with this item....too much will result in cakey spots that can be difficult to fix. staying power was "meh" -definitely not 24 hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great opaque concealer. This works great on my dark undereye circles and hyperpigmentation spots and it does not break me out which is a HUGE plus. This can be a bit drying so if you use it under your eyes, I would recommend using a moisturizing eye cream first. Although this has decent staying power, I don't know if I would say that it lasts 24 hours. After about 6-7 hours of wear, it does cake on me and it's fairly noticeable. I will continue to repurchase this because of the great coverage it provides and for the fact that it's so difficult to find facial products that do not break me out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Great for blemishes, not so great for under-eye circles. I bought this in a pinch after my suitcase was lost and was pleasantly surprised. Its too dry for undereyes, but it covers spots and blemishes very well and the wear is impressive. It doesn't break me out, which is hard to find. Similar to other reviewers, the Ivory is too light and the Cream is a tiny bit too dark for my pale yellow skin. I solve this by putting my powder foundation over it and not using too much. Cream is still lighter than the palest shades of most concealers All-in-all, a dependable, effective concealer for non-eye areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by karca

I love this product. I've been using this product for 5 months now all i can say it's awesome. i use it for my dark spots, blemishes and especially dark cicles. I would definitely repurchase this product, its very light on my face. I used so many concealers that i never really loved, but this is the product thats great for me! =)