October 25, 2014 | 1444 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I genuinely from my heart of hearts believe this product is the BEST highlighter you will ever come across! The color is so stunning and complex, a rich yet subtle gold-beige-cream shimmer tone that compliments everyone I've seen wear it in tutorials, in pictures, etc. TheBalm advertises this product as a "highlighter, shimmer, eyeshadow" and it is truly all of those in one. I use the lightest dusting of it around my eyes and my upper cheeks for a highlight and I was amazed at the payoff, the smallest amount of this product is needed and it does WONDERS to brighten up the face. WOW!!! I also use it as a base shadow and/or inner corner highlight almost daily and I am so pleased that this product has multi-purposes and puts all my other products in those categories TO SHAME. Trust me ladies and gents, this product is a game-changer and you need to get your hands on this gem!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by randers

Owns, owns, owns. This is the perfect highlighter. Gives a luminous glow but isn't glittery. It's has a subtle honey colored base, which is great for me since I do a lot of warm eye looks.

I use this on my cheekbones, nose and cupids bow. I also find myself reaching for it as a highlighter for brow bones and inner eye corners. There are a bunch of these in packs at TJ Maxx for $10, but I wouldn't hesitate to pay full price. You get SO much product, you will NEVER hit pan!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by muaddictbiotch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I returned the full size and bought the "balmbini" kit which included mary loumanizer in an eyeshadow sized pan as well as some eye shadows blushes and glosses.. LOVE it! great way to try a few things out and the full size i wouldnt use in a lifetime!! i just have too many other things i like to switch it up.. i suggest this kit vs. buying the full size..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has replaced MAC's Lightscapade MSF as my HG highlighter. Price of this is $24.00 USD for 8.5g of product. TheBalm describes it as: "This honey-hued multi-use product is much more than just a luminizer - it is a highlighter, an eye shadow, and an all-over shimmer in one. However, this creamy feeling highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light leaving skin looking softer and younger - while at the same time adding a subtle glow. Layer it on your lids for luxe-looking lashes, sweep it on your cheeks for a sexy sheen, or use it as an all-over finishing touch before you head out for the day or night. Talc, Oil, and Paraben-free, Mary-Lou Manizer is a lot more than she appears to be!"

A little bit about my skin: I am very fair, warm toned and have dry to very dry skin. My skin isn't particularly acne prone but I do get occasional break outs and allergic reactions to certain products.

I've been using this product for about 2 months and I instantly fell in love with it. It's shimmery without making my face look like a glitter ball. It's a champagne color that seems to be very versatile on several skin tones. It stays on my skin throughout the day without having to reapply at all and is more noticeable without looking ridiculous than my previous highlight.

I've only tried this as an eye shadow a few times and it seems to stay on just as well as any of my other higher end eye shadows. It's great for a sheer wash of color or as a highlight below the brow. It can also be built up for a more opaque shade.

Overall, I think this is a great product for everyone who wants a glow without looking like a disco ball exploded on your face. The price is mid ranged and you get a lot of product for the price, considering some highlighters can be a lot more for less product. You just need a tiny bit to do the job, so I feel like this one compact would last you years. If I ever run out, which seems unlikely, I will certainly rebuy.

Ingredients: Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitrate, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Smurfette123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

while it does it reflect light nicely it also dried out my skin. the other thing i noticed was that when i looked in the mirror there were a bunch of tiny sparkles....everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Dance41886

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my HG highlighters! It's a beautiful champagne color that glides on smooth and beautiful and makes you lit from within and glowy! It's also really beautiful on the inner corner of the eyes to complete any eye look. I absolutely LOVE this product!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I wouldn't buy this product again because I wouldn't run out - there is quite a bit per container but ... also because it is a bit too glittery for me or shimmery .... I really like liquid highlighters better for my complexion ... but I also use a great MAC product (actually it is a powder shadow) called Carefree that is great. Oh well, I have used this and for me it is only average but it is not a waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

Love this so much I bought two back-ups (for a fraction of the price at Marshall's), even though the amount of product you get in one is enough for a lifetime! Tons of product, and a little is all you need to give yourself a healthy, luminous finish. Love the subtle, non-glitterbomby glow. Not too golden, not too white, nothing orange about it- perfect on my nc30ish skin. I'm very oily, but this highlighter still works for me without turning my face into a greased-up disco ball. Yay life and yay theBalm.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm super impressed with this highlighter, it's less golden than nars albatross so it just gives this ethereal glow. It's very smooth and blendable. The packaging is adorable too! Lasting power is moderate, about 4 hours on me. I got this in a discounted set but if for some reason I ran out or lost it, I think it's worth full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by bribri123

Got it at TJ Maxx in a kit with 3 other full sized products for 10 bucks! best purchase ever! This is the most beautiful hightlight I also love it as an eyeshadow. Everyone can wear this. BEST. THING.EVER.