April 18, 2014 | 1386 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by sd03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll be honest, I do not own many highlighters to compare this to, but I do love it, and don't feel like I *need* anymore...The compact is great, big mirror, sturdy, cute picture...The color is a gold shimmer, it is VERY pigmented so you do not need a lot. I usually don't really wear this in the am to school, because it's a little to much for me, but at night it looks great when going out...All in all I really like it, and would recc.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by 1986tee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the perfect highlight, not to glittery or shimmery, like a glow from within. It is a very neutral color, doesn't seem to come off to gold or yellow undertoned. Use a very light hand, a little goes a long way. Use this every day, holy grail status.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by xwhereswaldo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a lovely gold highlight, not too shimmery. It gives your skin a glow, not glitter. The size of this is HUGE 8.5G. I definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best pale gold luminous highlighter on the market. I love the shade because it's universal and lovely. You can apply a sheer amount or load it up and get an all out glow. I've heard that it's been seen at TJ Maxx in a duo with a Betty Lou bronzer, and on sale at Haute Look, but I missed out. It's $24 full price and not exactly easy to find. You can buy it online from The Balm or Sephora. The Balm gets less credit than it deserves, partly because it's not carried in many stores. If they would branch out it would probably enrich the brand overall and fund research for new products. They aren't quite up to par with expensive rare niche brands right now because of the paper/plastic retro packaging, but they have some gem products. Imagine this product in a art deco metal compact and they could charge a lot more for it. Update: I didn't give up and found it in a clearance gift set at TJ Maxx. It was in another set without Betty Lou, called "Oh So Bright". I'm still going to Marshall's to check because The Balm is also being sold there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ADPang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to sephora and they said that The Balm has been discontinued, is that true? Or something like The Balm is now Korres. But anywho I LOVE this product. For my NC30/35 skin this is the perfect highlight it's just the right ammount of shimmer without looking stupid. Mary Lou Manizer blends so well I not only use it as a higlighter I also use it as an eyeshadow. I hope The Balm wasn't dicontinued because I want to get more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by lyonk014

I've used all sorts of highlighters from Benefit High Beam to Vincent Longo, and this by far is THE best highlighter I've found. It is my holy grail highlighter. I am light olive skinned (MAC NC42) and this works perfect for highlighting my orbital bone.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this!
Packaging: Very classic and sleek in structure, looks like a powder foundation's short cylindrical packaging. I could do without the stupid pin-up picture that theBalm has but it's fine. It's not like the bikini pictures on sexy mama or hot mama, or bahama mama.
Product: It's a very frosty beige-champagne shade. Not chalky, but not the smoothest. I have Benefit Highbeam but I just don't think it's as easy to apply as a powder highlighter like this.
I apply this with a crappy $1 elf fan brush and while I want to get a different brush, even that one picks up this product really well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

This is great! I have for a long time wanted a highlighter that would be really pearly, without chunky glitter! This is pretty finely milled :D Buuuuut: MAC (MINERALISE, not regular type!!!) has blushes that has shimmer that is even finer, for those who really want tiny shimmers (try Lightscapade, if you like really subtle glow).
Such a nice colour, although I was actually a little scared at first, because I thought it was SO frosty...! Not expensive either for the size :) Easy to go light if you want, even though it's pretty soft, and if not careful, you will pick up a lot of product. One thing though: if you have big pores, this may accentuate it, but as far as I know, all highlighters will accentuate uneven skin. For me it's very convenient to use a powder highlighter, although I do have liquid ones too. AND: I would probably not recommend for dry skin, as this can look a bit chalky with that...
I use this both on my cheekbones, brow bones and also sometimes even as eyeshadow.
UPDATE: still love this much, just wanted to say: one time I was wearing this, my boyfriend said: your brow bone is golden! (He liked it ;) ). But yes, I would actually say that too: this highlighter leans a bit towards golden, even if it looks neutral champagne in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Raya885

This marketed as a highlighter, but it is an all-around versatile product. I generally use it around my eye area (brow bone, inner lid, a little bit on the outer lid). It can be used as a standard highlighter, but also as an eyeshadow, shimmer, etc.

This product is great for those days when you get less than 5 hours of sleep, yet need to look more-or-less awake for a presentation at work.

I've never purchased anything from TheBalm before this highlighter, but I'm definitely interested in seeing what else the line has to offer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by taliacrayon24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely my HG highlighter. I tried UD's cream one (faded too fast), MAC's MSF (too chunky), Stila's liquid one (found it annoying to use), Benefit's High Beam (had almost no effect), and probably more that I've forgotten. This highlighter gives me a candelit glow that looks absolutely stunning and natural. It is pigmented and looks amazing on my light medium skin with yellow undertones. I don't think I will ever run out of this - there's so much product, and you really need so little. Again, I cannot recommend this enough. A really lovely product.