November 27, 2014 | 1483 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This highlighters amazing. It's super pigmented, multitasking, flattering, and a great formula. For the price, I feel this is a great value because you need so little for a big pay off. I use a light fan brush because it can look very unnatural if applied too heavy. I also apply it to my inner eye and brow bone instead of my usual ricepaper MAC eyeshadow. The packaging is so cute, reminds me of benefit products. TheBalm definitely hit a home run on this product. I'm pretty impressed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by pchin87

i absolutely am in LOVE with this highlighter. you need to use this quite sparingly bc it is super glowy i use this with a fan brush from laura mercier and barely touch the product. it gives you that perfect golden glow in the highlight areas temples cheek bones down the nose and cupids bow. the only thing is it is pretty expensive for a highlighter but a little goes a long long way. i absolutely recommend if your looking for a good quality non powerdy highlight

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by miatx5

One of my favorite highlighters. Looks great on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by shanny1209

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favorite highlighter I have ever used and my HG! For a LONG time it was the Dior Amber Diamond, but with this, it was love at first swatch. It is the perfect color to go with any skin type/color. The shimmer in the pan might look scary but once you've applied it to your cheek bones and blend it out it looks FLAWLESS! Another great thing with theBalm products is you can most of the time find them at discount stores like Marshall's or TJMaxx. I do have a backup of this because I don't ever want to be without it. I have to try to force myself to use other highlighters, just to show them some love. I am debating on selling all my other highlighters because I don't love any of them as much as I love this one. I have tried NARS, Becca, Dior, MAC, Tarte, TooFaced, etc. This is the BEST.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my HG highlighter. It is shimmery and beautiful , the perfect highlighter. I have actually had to make myself use some others I have just so I do not run out of this one. I use it all the time. So shimmery and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This highlighter is great! It is more fleshcoloured than e.g. Albatross by NARS and much warmer than Luxor the multiple by NARS. Very easy to apply and get a natural result (even with maturing skin). Round, snap close packaging with mirror. Very happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I genuinely from my heart of hearts believe this product is the BEST highlighter you will ever come across! The color is so stunning and complex, a rich yet subtle gold-beige-cream shimmer tone that compliments everyone I've seen wear it in tutorials, in pictures, etc. TheBalm advertises this product as a "highlighter, shimmer, eyeshadow" and it is truly all of those in one. I use the lightest dusting of it around my eyes and my upper cheeks for a highlight and I was amazed at the payoff, the smallest amount of this product is needed and it does WONDERS to brighten up the face. WOW!!! I also use it as a base shadow and/or inner corner highlight almost daily and I am so pleased that this product has multi-purposes and puts all my other products in those categories TO SHAME. Trust me ladies and gents, this product is a game-changer and you need to get your hands on this gem!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by randers

Owns, owns, owns. This is the perfect highlighter. Gives a luminous glow but isn't glittery. It's has a subtle honey colored base, which is great for me since I do a lot of warm eye looks.

I use this on my cheekbones, nose and cupids bow. I also find myself reaching for it as a highlighter for brow bones and inner eye corners. There are a bunch of these in packs at TJ Maxx for $10, but I wouldn't hesitate to pay full price. You get SO much product, you will NEVER hit pan!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by muaddictbiotch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I returned the full size and bought the "balmbini" kit which included mary loumanizer in an eyeshadow sized pan as well as some eye shadows blushes and glosses.. LOVE it! great way to try a few things out and the full size i wouldnt use in a lifetime!! i just have too many other things i like to switch it up.. i suggest this kit vs. buying the full size..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has replaced MAC's Lightscapade MSF as my HG highlighter. Price of this is $24.00 USD for 8.5g of product. TheBalm describes it as: "This honey-hued multi-use product is much more than just a luminizer - it is a highlighter, an eye shadow, and an all-over shimmer in one. However, this creamy feeling highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light leaving skin looking softer and younger - while at the same time adding a subtle glow. Layer it on your lids for luxe-looking lashes, sweep it on your cheeks for a sexy sheen, or use it as an all-over finishing touch before you head out for the day or night. Talc, Oil, and Paraben-free, Mary-Lou Manizer is a lot more than she appears to be!"

A little bit about my skin: I am very fair, warm toned and have dry to very dry skin. My skin isn't particularly acne prone but I do get occasional break outs and allergic reactions to certain products.

I've been using this product for about 2 months and I instantly fell in love with it. It's shimmery without making my face look like a glitter ball. It's a champagne color that seems to be very versatile on several skin tones. It stays on my skin throughout the day without having to reapply at all and is more noticeable without looking ridiculous than my previous highlight.

I've only tried this as an eye shadow a few times and it seems to stay on just as well as any of my other higher end eye shadows. It's great for a sheer wash of color or as a highlight below the brow. It can also be built up for a more opaque shade.

Overall, I think this is a great product for everyone who wants a glow without looking like a disco ball exploded on your face. The price is mid ranged and you get a lot of product for the price, considering some highlighters can be a lot more for less product. You just need a tiny bit to do the job, so I feel like this one compact would last you years. If I ever run out, which seems unlikely, I will certainly rebuy.

Ingredients: Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitrate, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No