April 16, 2014 | 2020 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by lsquires12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE it! I use it twice a day every day and my skin is in the best shape it's ever been in. I can't imagine going back!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This is a fun little gadget in my beauty arsenal, but I ultimately don't feel like it has made that much of a difference with my skin. I bought it a year ago and have tried both the sensitive and deep pore cleansing brush heads. I bought this hoping it would help prevent breakouts, but I still struggle with them so this is not a miracle product for me. I'm in my early twenties so I can't really say whether it helps with wrinkles or not. I think the buf puf worked just as well for me if not better. Yes, this does help me remove makeup but it doesn't remove all makeup by any means. After using this I still have to use quite a bit of toner to make sure my face is really clear of makeup at night. I wouldn't repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by LavenderApples

This is an update to my original review of the clarisonic mia, in a little more detail. I've used my mom's clarisonic on and off for a year, and just started using it daily about the time I began wearing heavy foundation everyday. Let me tell you, my face does NOT feel clean until I've used the clarisonic mia to remove my makeup. Some people say the device is "not a makeup remover", but I beg to differ. I use it to remove my makeup and simply wash the actual foundation off my clarisonic every time. It makes me feel like every time I put the mia on my face, it's already clean. Plus, I know that if the cleanser I'm using can't take the makeup off my Mia, it's probably not getting it off my face!

If you're like me with skin of steel, I like Dawn dishwashing liquid with vitamin E to remove my makeup. Seriously, I've rotated cleansers (right now I'm using Neutrogena Deep Clean) and I can't remember anything that takes off foundation better. Compared to the Sheisedo 40+ dollar cleanser I'd be using WITHOUT the clarisonic to feel like my skin is clean... this puppy is saving me money. No question.
As far as budgets go, I think this is a worthwhile investment. No really. I'm a student, I have no money to spend, yet I'm going out to buy my own clarisonic from a retailer (I hope they'll be nice and give me a markdown!) because it's WORTH THE MONEY. No amount of skin serums, acne cleansers, toners, etc. will improve your skin like taking off ALL your makeup EVERY day... and all the other dirt, dust, pollution, etc. in your pores, while it's at it.

I don't think anyone needs more than the Mia. I only need the one mode (what on earth would I do with two or three but waist time I could be using to cleanse!) and you can use the thing on your body... like no one's going to stop you. Plus, it takes up so much less space and doesn't splash back/sputter water like the bigger ones can.

Using a clarisonic took my skin care regimen from Makeup remover, cleanser (something anti-bacterial always!), toner, emulsion, essence/serum, and moisturizer to just using the Clarisonic, a monthly clay mask, and water/tea in a spray bottle. And my skin looks pretty good if you ignore the fact my but needs to wear sunscreen! haha.

Please buy this for yourselves :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by AlalaGiveMe3Wishes

The device from hell, this stupid thing is,
I had really bad oily bumpy skin from using another product, so I heard that this would gently exfoliate my skin and calm down my bumps.
1st week of use my skin felt less oily and squeaky clean after each use.
2nd week started to get breakouts in really weird places like my forehead and cheeks (most spots are get are around the chin) some rubbish about my skin 'purging' from the use of the clarisonic so i keep using it.
3rd week my skin is the worst it's been in my entire life, sore, red and CYSTIC ACNE EVERYWHERE all over my face, completely scarred from the new spots.
Have stopped using the clarisonic.
4 and a half weeks later my skin is recovering slowly though, I've still got cystic acne attacking my face and loads of scars that will take ages to fade, fingers crossed in the next couple of months my skin will start feeling and looking better.
Overall the clarisonic is the worst product I've ever used. period.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by jennnnnaaay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this. Love this. Love this!

Been wanting this product for like half a year now, finally got myself into buying it. The price really held me back, but after using it... I don't really care about the $130 I spent!

I've only used it for a couple days, and my blackheads are almost all gone. My skin is nice and soft, a very clean canvas. There are no bumps at all.. when I use my skin care products .. it aborbs so well. Also, my face products looks much better!

I love how there is a minute timer, so it is perferct to know when to stop, because if there wasn't a timer, id use it for such a long time... It would be so bad for my skin.

And the cleanser it comes with ... is just a regular cleanser with no scent, I have no problem with it.

Bad thing about this is that I think its beginning to dry my skin? My nose is a big tight and wrinkly when I scrunch my nose? Not sure if it's the cleanser or the clarisonic. But it's not that big of a deal to me because I rather have very nice, soft, clean skin. I don't mind mosturizing more!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Productqueen1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I bought this thinking OK- what am I missing. Apparently Im missing nothing this didn't really do anything for me either especially not for the amount that I paid for so I took it back and exchanged it for the Olay brush that was the amount of tax i basically spent on the MIA. I also had a coupon from ULTA. If you are planning to buy the MIA I would highly suggest purchising the OLAy brush before hand. It completely changed my skin and cleaned my skin deep down. I had minor breakouts with it and kept using it on a daily basis and my face totally cleared up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For the longest time I resisted the hype about the Clarisonic. I mean who wants to pay $129 for a brush? It is definitely pricey!! But then I started to think...if I use brushes to put on my foundation and makeup, why wouldn't I use a brush to take it off?!

I got the basic model without the timer and multiple speed settings and I find that it is sufficient for my needs. I've been using it for twice daily for 3 weeks and I've gotten less breakouts.

EDIT: I started using Retin-A (pea size amount every third day) and using it with my Mia has made my skin flaky. (I'm usually super oily: I have to blot my face an hour after washing) Since I am using a very small amount of cream, I will reduce the use of the Mia to once daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by stefany99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has honestly made my acne and skin so much better since i've started using it, my skin is SO much softer/smoother and my moisturizer gets absorbed way faster and nicer into my skin (it also removes makeup! I remember when i first used it, i took off my foundation as usual and then used the mia, only to find I still had A LOT of makeup on my face...). I also have found that my face isn't as oily as it usually is since i've started using my Clarisonic Mia.Although it's pricey I definitely recommend this product!! I have no regrets and i've been using it for almost a year now. The only bad thing is that you might need to buy new brushes when they start to look worn out, but thats not that bad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My vote: HYPE
So, my comparison is vs. the battery operated Olay brush which I used for one year. Batteries replaced once with 4-5x weekly use. I used Olay thinking if I use it consistently for a year, and didn't dump it in a drawer of forgotten hauls, I can justify an 'upgrade'.
Well, the upgrade is a downgrade in my skin care.
Here's why. The movement of Mia's brush is actually a vibration that's unnerving on it's own compared to the smooth circular motion of Olay's brush. I can do without vibrating my facial nerves before rest/bed and sure as heck, not first thing in the morning.

Then, my nose pores on Olay were clean, smooth and invisible, now after a year of the goodness, (get ready for tmi) 2 days with Mia, (oily) pores are noticeably visible - clogged, black, large and needing more makeup to conceal them. My 'natural' makeup kick this summer is over until Olay can straighten this flub out - which I'm starting again as soon as I can get new replacement heads. Manual scrubs til then.

My skin wasn't bad, thanks to Olay brush and good skin reggie this past year and Mia hasn't caused problems *but* she certainly hasn't maintained my good skin and invisible pores *because* Mia's vibration on the nose is intolerable, hence pores not cleaned. Gross.

I'm disappointed, as using Mia to clean my face, then another product to clean my nose is not an option I'm willing to entertain - not at approx $90usd. Back to drugstore.com

I am not affiliated with Olay and don't use any other Olay products.
FYI, nightly retin-a, and twice daily DYI 'serum' (tea tree/aloe/shea+)...and the olay brush:) with a variety of cleansers

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've only been using my Mia for a couple weeks and I have never in my life had such great results. My skin has made a dramatic improvement (is really starting to clear up) which I'm pretty impressed with since I havn't had clear skin since before puberty.

My Mia came with the sensitive brush head which I wasn't too impressed with. I felt like I needed something more, so after two weeks I bought the deep pore brush. I'm very happy with the change I made and the stronger brush has made a big difference. I'll use my Mia twice a day (morning and night) and so far have not experienced any irritation. I think my skin in general is pretty tough and not at all sensitive.

For those of you who arn't impressed with the Mia, I strongly suggest you try a different brush.

If anyone is curious I'm currently using the Giovanni D:tox Purifying Facial Cleanser with the Mia. I think the bush is so good that it probably wouldn't even matter what cleanser I'm using (well to an extent).

Mia is my one HG beauty item which I don't give out often. Don't let the price throw you off. I know mine is the best purchase I've ever made and I think everyone with Acne prone skin should have one in their bathroom.