September 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am generally a skeptic about these gadgets, and the fact that Paula Begoun did not have a very nice take on them left me wondering even more. Nevertheless, I purchased this little beast 2 years ago, and almost cannot do without it now. My skin looks better than it did twenty years ago (that is, considering acne, etc. The device will not erase hollows or wrinkles in the skin.)

Bear in mind that I am commenting on the MIA, not the other devices. Also take into consideration that I have tried a few different brush heads to varying degrees of success. The one brush head that I swear by is that for acne, as it is indeed the most gentle. I have not experienced the same results with the other brush heads. However, I think that after two years now is a good time to adequately comment on the results of this gadget. I hope that you find this helpful.

Oh, and by the way, use the cleanser that you usually use. There is no need to use the manufacturer's formula. You might even consider using something lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Jennbabbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the battery on this lasts a very long time. i wouldnt use the cleanser that comes with it, i find that it is too harsh on my face. i use clinique mild fase wash with this. I normally use my clarisonic about 2 times a week and it makes my face feel so much nicer. when i know im going out for a nice dinner i always use this prior to my makeup application, i find it make my makeup glide on so much better and i have a better glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by irisjane01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased a grey Clarisonic mia, and at first i was thinking it was going to be a dark grey like pictured on the website, but it's more of an ugly light grey. but whatever, it's not the color, it's how it works right? So far i'm loving my clarisonic mia. I was going to get the mia2, but having a slower speed didn't really seem like a big deal to me. I have not had it for long, so i have not seen THAT much results yet. But i do see that my skin is so much softer afterwards and that foundation goes on smooth. Not to mention, the clarisonic actually makes me WANT to get up and wash my face. I use the clarisonic with Murad Claryifying Cleanser and it's the perfect combination for me. I love the feeling of this and i def want to try more brush heads. I totally recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Sadly this did not work for me. I bought it with decent skin in the hopes that the clarisonic would be that extra something to make my skin really nice. But that didn't happen... my skin freaked out with the clarisonic, and I got a bunch of pimples :( Apparently this is not uncommon, lots of ladies on the skincare board dislike the clarisonic, but I was persistent and kept using it... bad idea. It was very irritating for my skin, and I even revisited it for just one use, and got 3 new pimples. So I guess the clarisonic just isn't for me... to bad, I am going to return it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I generally don't care for cleaning my face or improving the skin tone/texture because I have really great skin (praise the lord) to begin with, but this strange device certainly helps to get rid of the makeup on my face when I wear foundation. It also gently exfoliates, so now my usually flaky skin (on my nose) is now smooth. Strangely expensive though, and I'm not sure if cheaper end cleaning brushes would do the job. I had the foamy neutrogena cleaning stick and it was just not doing a great job of getting the gunk out. At first I was a little shocked at how heavy duty it felt, but the bristles get worn in and by the 3rd day I looked forward to using it. My only problem with it is how it drips water down the side of my arm when I rinse it with water and then put it on my face. Annoying. Overall, great for improving skin texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by bluesunday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a little skeptical when I first ordered this product - given all the glowing reviews, I thought it might be one of those "too good to be true" kind of products. I was wrong - this is a great product, particularly if you have to wear makeup every day to hide skin problems, but you're concerned about getting all that makeup off at the end of day to prevent additional skin problems. I tried the sensitive brush when I first got the Mia, now I've switched to the new acne brush, which is even better on my skin. I am pleased with the results and the quality of the product, which I've been using for almost a year now. Given the high initial price, I hope it will last for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by sweetbabykitty75

I have had this for a few months now, and I just love it! The texture of my skin has greatly improved, and my pores have shrunk significantly. It didn't reduce any of my redness (I have very uneven, red reactive skin...it sucks) but I didn't expect it to. Nothing has ever helped but good foundation.

The very first time I used this, my skin felt raw. I waited 2 more days to use it again, and for the first 3 weeks I used it every other to every third day until my skin got used to it. Now I use it every night and it's perfect. I've never used the clarisonic cleanser that comes with it, I love First Aid Beauty creamy cleanser and have stuck with that . My Mia has come in especially handy the 2 days after I do the Ole Henricksen peel kit as I end up with flaking skin and the Mia gets rid of it.

My suggestions, for what they're woth, are to ease into use, stick with the sensitive brush head, and stick to your usual cleanser. For me, the Mia was worth every penny and if something happens to it I will get another one for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Fasyy

I have ordered it from an internet page and have spend 120 or more Euro for no change on my skin. Finally i came to the conclusion that my acne is due to my wrong nutrition.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by reneeko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE my Clarisonic Mia. I've been using mine for about 2 years now. I had severe rosacea for years that I had to use expensive prescription cream on my face daily to treat. If I stopped using the cream, my face broke out horribly. After I started using the Clarisonic, I kind of slowly stopped using the prescription cream, and my face did not break out. I'm not saying anyone else should do that, but just trying to explain how well this thing cleans. My face feels tons smoother. I won't be without one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by HSNurse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product!!! I've been using it about a month and can notice SUCH a huge difference in my pore size and overall texture of my skin. I use it once a day with neutrogena's clear pore mask/cleanser, and I love the results. Random people have even noticed and commented on how great my skin looks!! Shocking because I have always had oily/acne prone skin. The MIA is amazing!!