July 29, 2014 | 1691 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Noriko0205

Update: Nov. 27, 2012. My skin is still clear and soft. I am very, very happy with my purchase. I am sure some people have different reactions like other product. But I am not overrating based on my own experience. This is worth it.

I bought this last weekend and have been using every day. My daughter told me my skin is like a baby and softer than hers. I could never know how much stuff haven't clean without Mia for whole life. Because I can feel my skin feels so fresh, clean, soft and radiant. Every morning, I touch my cheeks and I couldn't believe how my skin reminds me my daughter's skin when she was infant. I saw Youtube review of Mia about the sensitive brush and his skin broke out, but my skin is totally fine (more than fine). I hope every girl can clean their skin like Mia does. I will buy for my daughter when she starts to wearing makeup. Nov. 22, 2012

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by jenaex94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow. I initially bought this because I heard it would be able to take off all of my makeup and cut down on break outs, which this does wonderfully, but I didn't know the other amazing effects this would have on my skin. It exfoliates, got rid of all the little bumps on my face, evened my skin tone so there isn't any red left, and diminished my pores, lines and black heads. This thing really is a miracle product and I don't know how I lived without it my whole life!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Leila03

I cannot live without this product. I bought the original Clarisonic, which is now called the classic. It came before the Mia, Mia 2, and Aria that are all out now. It has made the biggest difference in my skin, honestly, more then anything else. I love how you can customize the kind of cleanse you want based on the brush head. I usually use the sensitive brush head in the morning and the deep pore brush head at night to really remove all of my makeup. The acne brush head is also, really, really great. That one has longer, plusher bristles, but is more dense.

This may seem expensive to some, but I have had mine for around 5 years and have never had an issue with it. It has paid for itself over and over again. My skin is soft, even, and clean!! Could not live without it and I also could not live without the Opal either. Clarisonic is a great product and the company really stands behind their product. Get one ladies, you will not be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by 1kimchan

Gentle scrubber --- love using this to remove makeup with a good foaming cleanser like Philosophy purity cleanser!!~ I only use it at night after i used a makeup remover for eyes and face and then use this clarisonic along with the face cleanser to thoroughly wash my face at night~

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

When I heard about this product, I thought.. "Pshh... please. A vibrating brush? Whatever. I use face clothes to exfloliate and deep clean. I don't need this."

Yet somehow and someway, I couldn't help but feel intrigued by it. But oh! the money! I was not willing to pay that much. So I did what most people do... try to find an alternative. I purchased the Olay version of this product. Upon doing so, I found the Olay version to be terrible, making my skin irritated and just plain messed up. "So much for this concept," I thought, "I knew it wouldn't work."

Yet, then I learned something. Olays brush spins, while Clarisonic moves up and down. "Oh please," I thought."Whats the difference?"

Yet I was still curious. And that curiosity turn into a purchase. I purchased it, ready to try it out. There I was, pressing the brush against my face while it operated. Only to result in a red irritated face.
"I should have known," I thought. I read reviews, looking for someone else with a similair experience, and stumbled across some valuable tips.

"Do NOT press the brush on your face. Glide it across the face without pressure."

When I tried gliding it across my face without adding pressure, it was like I hit the jackpot! My face started looking clearer, firmer, and smoother. Amazing. Using it in the shower really helped open pores to allow for a deep clean too!!

Pros:
Cleans face well
Firms face somehow (atleast for me)
Somehow makes my face less oily over time
Closes some pores somehow

Cons:
If you apply too much pressure, you are going to ruin your skin. GLIDE IT across with minimal pressure.

Good for: Everyone.
Not for: People who have a chronic "must apply pressure" to face syndrome. (jk). You get the hint.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by asherzoby

I bought this on a whim in US because of the awesome reviews but this did not work on me and I totally totally regret wasting good money on this! I am not sure if it was related to this product (or whether it was stress from wedding prep or change of weather or food or whatever), but after coming back from the US and using this product for about a month plus every two to three days, I started breaking out. My skin got so horrible that my face was covered with huge pimples and I had to spend the next three to four months trying to recover (and it was my wedding as well).

Anyway, i have since stopped using this product on my face since i started seeing the derm for my skin so i can't really say if this product would have worked if i continued using this for months. However, the brush smells after awhile even though i tried drying it properly (take note i live in a very humid country though) so that was totally gross.

I have taken the product out of the closet - it was in closet storage for about a 3/4 of a year - and am using it for my back and skin on a once in a two to three week basis. So far it has been ok, nothing spectacular. the battery seems to be crazy though coz i can't get through scrubbing the entire of my back before the battery goes flat.

Can't send it for repairs either since i bought it in a different country but that's really my fault. i would give this a 0.5 for the smart design though but too bad, no such ratings so i had to give this a 1/5 most grudgingly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Worked well for about six months until it started to irritate my skin causing acne, a rash and bumps on my skin. Once I stopped using this, my problems ended and my skin became clear again. I replaced my brush head every 3 months as recommended but I still had issues.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by debk

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

With Christmas coming, many people will be thinking again about the Clarisonic. I've had mine a couple of years and now rarely use it.
I have oily sensitive skin prone to acne. I found myself breaking out regularly in places I don't normally break out and this didn't change until I stopped using it.
I think this is definitely a ymmv product. But if you have my kind of skin and are on a serious budget, I'd pass on this and feel you're not missing anything.
My guess is that this is overly stimulating and therefore irritating. Anything that irritates over a period of time is going to cause breakouts.
Sigh. I so wanted this to be my miracle product too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best product ever. It has given me the softest, most even toned skin ever. I couldn't ask for anything more. It also helped diminish a little bit of my acne, and helps keep it at bay. I think this is the best at evening skin tone. My skin has never looked more radiant and even. I use this day and night, so twice a day. I know that some people only use it like one a day, or once a week, but it works on my skin twice a day and doesn't irritate it in the least. I use the Deep Pore Head and even that is very gentle on my skin. This is the best product ever and definitely worth the high pricetag. Dupes don't work. You have to get the real thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by shmoodley

I love this product. I have acne prone skin and at first this product made my skin break out slightly which i was expecting because of some reviews I read. So I started to use it only every other day and only at night. I gradually worked up to using it every night. Now my skin looks amazing. It truely exfoliates any dead skin and it helps the products I use to penetrate into my skin, thus helping it heal my blemishes. After 6 months, I feel like my skin is less only and my pores are more refined. It really is amazing. Great product for those with problematic skin.