November 23, 2014 | 2105 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by vearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Mia about 2 years ago, and I have stopped using it temporarily for a few times because I was too lazy to charge it and thought the device didn't really do anything amazing for my skin. When I first started using the Mia, I didn't notice as much improvement as I have hoped because I have pretty good skin to begin with. However, I found that whenever I stopped using the Mia, my skin condition would not be as stable and I often experience dry flakes or clogged pores. The Mia really helps to tame my skin from occasional breakouts, and I didn't notice the benefits of the Mia until I stopped using it for a while. For people with normal skin, I would say the Mia isn't a miracle worker but it is very good at maintaining the skin at its best condition. It doesn't prevent breakouts, but it speeds up the time it takes for the skin to clear up. I wouldn't say the Mia is a must have for people with normal skin as it is pretty expensive, but if you have the budget it's a great tool for taking care of your skin. However, I took off one star because the interior of my Mia developed a kind of black moldy substance after I used it for a year (even though I always take off the brush head after each use for it to air dry) and it was extremely hard to clean because you cannot disassemble the brush. I was so grossed out by it I stopped using it for a while until I cleaned it with toothpicks and swabs (a very time consuming process). So be very careful to not leave your Mia in the shower and clean it regularly. Also, I found the Deep Pore brush head to be most effective in cleaning my skin and I would recommend that brush head if your skin is not super sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by VickyLondres

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, so good. I always had good skin, tending more to oily, with occasional break out. My main concern has always been enlarged pores, which only product to ever work in " closing" then was a purifying serum from La Prairie, stupidly discontinued. Then, I moved from a cold, humid country to a very sunny, dry desert in the US, where my skin needs changed completely. In New Mexico my skin got drier, although t-zone still oilier, but also due to aging (40 now) first expression lines started to appear. So, my mother gave me a ClarisonicMia for Christmas and I've been using it for 3 days. By now I can say skin texture has dramatically improved with only 6 uses. No signs of improvements in my pores yet, but my smile lines are less noticeable already. So, I'll try to bring regular updates, if only to help those reluctant to make such an investment.

Update on June12, 2013 - I still love it. It doesn't go beyond the "dramatic" improvement on the first few days, maybe because that was when it was most needed. This is a cleaning tool, not a miracle maker. For that purpose, I still highly recommend it.

As far as changing brush heads go: I take very good care of my MIA, wash its brush after every use and always detach the head from the handle to let it dry completely. Then I leave the brush immersed in a solution with 2 spoons of Peroxide in a cup of water about once a week, to disinfect the whole thing. So far so good, it still looking, smelling and performing like new, I haven't seen the need for changing it yet. Don't waste your money on new heads, simply take better care of them and use your good judgment as to when it needs to be replaced.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by ambyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my Clarisonic Mia. Tomorow marks 1 week of use. I already see a dramtic difference in my acne prone skin. My fore-head and cheeks are clearing up! I really can't believe it because I'm only on day 6 and everything I've tried in the past seemed to not reduce my acne but only make it worse. The only thing I regret is not breaking down an purchasing this sooner. This to me has truly saved my skin. I'm beginning to feel hopeful that I too can have clear acne free skin.. I use this with the Clarisonic Hydro cleanser that came with it.

My face feels so clean. I use my Mia 3-4 times a day. Weird to say it wakes me up in the morning- my face feels squeeky clean, and I cannot go to bed without using it.

My chin area purged a little bit and then bam the bumbs were gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

For reference: I have acne-prone skin that scars very easily and dries out very easily, as well.

I recieved the Mia for Christmas and I'm very happy with it c: Come to think of it, I actually can't imagine cleaning my face without it! My face feels so much cleaner after using it and my pores really do look so much smaller.
Like other reviewers have said, the products you use following the Mia will be absorbed much better and give you better results, as well. I've found, though, that some of the other products I use are too powerful for use after the Mia. AHA products 8% or higher seem to sting something awful now, but I'm getting used to it- they've been working wonders for my skin, too!

I haven't noticed the purging that many others are talking about, and that's really saying something because my skin breaks out at the slightest touch. I may have noticed some bumps, but they're not red and they're not painful- and I'm not even sure that I can contribute them to the Mia.

Anyway, I would recommend using it once a day if you've got skin like mine- thin, easily dried out, prone to redness, etc. I notice that it makes my skin a bit red all over for a few minutes post-cleansing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Makeupobssesed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic Mia is a great skin care tool!! It really ensures that your face is squeaky clean of dirt oil and makeup. It doesn't clear up acne so dont expect it to but it helps with it getting better because it makes your face super clean. It's worth the try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by andijan

I previously tried the More expensive version, but it was just too much time on my sensitive skin. I wanted to be able to get rid of my micro congestion and still use a very affordable cleanser. I use it with Purpose Gentle Wash. I love the Mia! It is small and the one minute time frame works far better for my sensitive skin. If I want to use it more, I just restart it, which I find far less annoying than hearing the time beeps to move it to another section of your face. I take the brush head off after every use, to let it dry. I charge it maybe once a week? Also, I found it at DermStore.com and got it for 20% off during a promotion with free shipping and no tax. Can't beat it. Very happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

After using the Olay Pro spinning brush for 2 years, I finally asked my boyfriend for the Clarisonic for Christmas. Despite his disbelief in the powers of a "face brush", he came through and gave me the Mia 2 this year. I have been using it for a week, and so I figured it was time to do a proper review.
First of all, anyone who says that the Olay brush is a comparable product either has not used both of these brushes or is lying to you. There is simply no comparison. The Mia just glides over your skin as it does it's magic, whereas with the Olay brush you really have to press into the skin in order to feel it working. Additionally, the Mia has timed cycles that prompt you when it is time to change to another region of the face.
Also, my skin looks and feels so much more clear and clean after using this! Immediately after, my skin feels as smooth as glass and looks glowing, albeit slightly red (the redness fades in less than 30 minutes). I use the sensitive brush head because that is what came with the device, even though I really don't have sensitive skin. One week after starting using the Mia twice a day, my pores appear smaller, and there is definitely less "gunk" in them. I used to say my nose looked like a strawberry (ewww, I know) because of my huge clogged pores, but this magic little machine seems to have started dislodging whatever was trapped in there.
The fine lines on my forehead also seem to be getting less deep and smoothing out.
Two years of using the Olay brush on a regular basis doesn't compare to the results I have seen in one week of using the Clairsonic Mia 2. Also, the charger is really cool! It is magnetic, so no worries about getting water in the device. I leave mine in the shower on a slatted rack to dry out between uses.
I am looking forward to graduating to the acne clearing brush heads, but in the meantime, this is one of the best gifts I have ever received and I am so happy I asked for it. At $150, this is an investment, but it is one you will probably have for many years. Another bonus is that you can use a basic cleanser with it. I was buying a special exfoliating cleanser to use with my Olay brush, but now I realize that I can use any old cleanser and the Mia will do all the work. The Olay brush will now be relegated to my elbows and chest area!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by mzebra

I flipping love my Mia. I treated myself with some income tax return money and am so glad for the splurge. I use this in the shower every morning. On some days the reminder that my Mia is waiting for me is one of the only things that gets me out of bed. I still have minor break outs, which I blame on my cycle. But my skin is a lot smoother and dealing with breakouts is much easier. If you like to squeeze (bad girl, bad I know) any congested pores I have the intruder practically levitates to the top. I normally use Johnson & Johnson Pure cleanser and it seems to work well. I love this thing so much that I even bring this on my motorcycle camping trips. Space is a premium when we travel, but with the long battery life I don't need to worry about bringing the charger. And after a long day on the road, being exposed to sun, rain, dust, dirt and staying at campsites that might not have showers...this is a god send!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ButrflyGrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used the washcloth method on my face for years and years and about 5 months ago I broke down and spent $100 (Amazon) on the Mia. Then because of my temperamental skin, I let it sit on my bathroom counter for 3.5 months. I was afraid to use it. I started out slow, only using it a couple of times a week but I instantly loved how soft my skin felt but felt the original brush was way too hard - I'd scrub my floor with that!

I bought the acne brush and liked how soft it was but my skin didn't feel very clean but I didn't get any new blemishes. I have to deal with monthly hormonal breakouts on my chin which are sometimes cystic. I decided to try to deep pore brush and my face from my forehead to my chin is having some problems. Now, I'm not sure if it's the brush head, my time of the month or if my skin looked so fantastic at the beginning of regular use because I was dying of the flu and was on a course of antibiotics!

I've switched back to the acne brush and my skin seems to slowly be clearing again. I also think part of the problem may have been my tendency to spend 59 seconds on just my chin and speed through the rest of my face.

I like how soft my skin feels, I like less dry flakes but I'm still trying to figure out if the Clarisonic is causing my roller coaster skin or if it's other factors.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have had my Mia for approx 2 months now, I did the 2nd charge this week.It is a very good size,fits well in my hands. The weight is reasonable, not to heavy. It is not to noisy, but it does make a vibrating sound which may have members of your household wondering ; ) I have not changed the brush head yet, but the instructions look easy. Now for the best bit... I have acne prone skin (hereditary), I have had prescription pills & cream, pixel laser, micro dermabrasion treatments and I must say this is the least painful, non-staining or bad tasting way to treat my skin. The Mia does not pull on my skin, I feel no sensitivity and no down time. Some people reported that they got spots after using the Mia, I can honestly say I got a few tiny ones and this must have been due to the build up of dead skin and my skins way of purging the blocked pores after the Mia exfoliated an area where my skin struggled to do so. I also suffer from noticable acne scars & hyper pigmentation which is fading. My make up is also now applying better than before which means the skincare products must be better absorbed as well now that the Mia has given me a cleaner, clearer face. I am so happy, money well spent.