September 2, 2014 | 1945 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After being married to the Wet N Wild Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner in Black for 5 years I have to say, I did take it for granted and searched for another partner... But boy you don't know what you got till it's gone! Lmao Seriously, this is NOTHING compared to my W&W MegaLiner liquid eyeliner.

This looks terrible on my eyes, I have it in BLACKEST BLACK and its definitely not that color, it dries to a dullish black/dead black. It applies very tacky, it dries before im done applying the wing which leaves me dippin for more over and over. The applicator is hard to work with. The finish is nothing nearly as good as W&WMLE. Horrible. Not to mention the dramatic price whopping at nearly 9$. D: Where as my w&w liner is only like 2-3$.

Before I return it back to K-mart i'm going to give it another shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by rubishoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it comes to eyeliners and mascara i find a good cheap brand will suffice. Maybelle line stiletto is a reliable friend when it comes to achieving a smudge free perfect cat eye look. This product comes off pretty easy, however you will need to get a good eye makeup remover if you don't want to be continually rubbing your eye area.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by liyahxxforever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this because my CVS was out of my favorite revlon liquid eye pen. i find the brush is hard to hold when applying but once on it has nice staying power. i personally wouldn't buy it again because i like liquid pens then these types of liquid liners.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by jbow

I was looking for an eyeliner and bought this on a whim as it was on sale at the drugstore. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use and the staying power. I can put this on in the early morning and it will be only slighly smudgy in the early evening. The only downside is that it takes forever to dry so you need to have extra time for this, otherwise it will smudge. For this reason, I don't wear it everyday but will wear it when I can carve out some extra minutes of drying time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This liner reminds me of L'Oreal's lineur intense. The felt tip applicator is incredibly similar with the long pointed tip and also the finish is what reminded me the most of L'Oreal's liner. "Line Stiletto" has a shiny finish which I don't like that much. I prefer a matte finish, but it still works well as a liner. The long felt tip makes for easy application - I can get into the inner corner of my eye easily and create thin/thick lines because of the flexibility in the applicator. As for pigmentation, you have to shake it with each use to distribute the liquid evenly. I noticed if I skipped this, I got weak greyish black lines and had to repeat a section a few times to get it very black. It has decent staying power. I use this without a primer and it lasted all day even on my oily lids! That's pretty important for me because I don't get much time throughout the day to touch-up/worry about smudges. My only complaint is that the liner seems to run out quickly and occasionally will notice a few cracks from the liner. Overall, a decent product and wouldn't mind repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by jillieee

This is my favorite liquid eyeliner. I think it's probably the only eyeliner I'd ever buy over and over again.
It stays on for most of the day and the brush or w/e you call it is flexible, almost rubber-like, so that's a plus.

I'd highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by atroquinine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for several months and have found that it is the best liquid eyeliner I've ever gotten from a drugstore. Its price is not too bad, a little bit expensive for such a small tube I suppose, but the product quality more than makes up for it.
The main benefit of this liner is the applicator. It's extremely easy to apply in the inner corners with the tip for a fine line, and you can gradually brush the side of the applicator towards the outer corners for a slightly thicker line. It is very easy to achieve a 'cat eye' or just a subtle lining at the lashes. You will need a steady hand but it will only take a couple of tries to get the hang of it.
Make sure to shake the liner up before applying, and it's best to apply two coats to make sure the flaking is minimal. It wears for eight hours very well, after that you may notice a bit of flaking, but this can easily be fixed with a quick touch up.
Overall, this is definitely the best possible eyeliner you can get from a drugstore brand. Many of the other ones will flake or apply too watery, or will give you a brush instead of a felt tip.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by paigebrooke08

SO HERES THE STORY:i purchased this for about 8$ at my local walmart, when i tried it out i loved it, after playing around with it a bit i found out the rights and wrongs of working with this liner.
CONS: product runs out quickly and it costs alot, so if your on a budget dont purchase. you must either set with black eye shadow or wait about 2-3 minutes until you can curl your lashes or it smudges.
PROS: has good presicion for a clean looking application, great for a cat eye or fancy makeup. lasts much longer that regular liner.
CONCLUSION:I like this much more than others ive tried,it gives you fresh and deifned eye makeup but i feel it could be cheaper, or have more product.
MAKE YOUR PICK, PURCHASE? OR NOT?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sillylily0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use liquid eyeliner for years but stopped for the last year because I discovered gel and powder liners. I decided to go back this year because the cat eye has been growing on me and I just couldn't achieve certain looks with gel or powder that I used to do with liquid e/l. I got Lancome Artliner but couldn't justify spending $29 on liquid e/l bc it dries out so quickly so I returned it after I did some research to find out the L'oreal Lineur Intense and Maybelline Stiletto e/l have the same applicator I loved from the Artliner. Now, these two e/l are my go-to if I got an extra minute to spare. The pigmentation in this Maybelline is slightly less than the L'oreal e/l but color pay offs are still very impressive, barely less than what Artliner showed IMO. Oh yeah, and staying power for the Maybelline, L'oreal, and Lancome e/l are all the SAME. I did a test of all 3, which resulted in all 3 staying from 8am to 8pm - on my hooded eyes and through a tough workout session too! And if you like e/l that's easy to come off, this is for you. Washing off is very easy with my facewash, no heavy duty make up remover necessary.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ShimmerySarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really think this is the bomb, except I wish it was a bit more pigmented...but other than that, it's wonderful for lining the eyes. You definitely need a steady hand when lining, but practice makes perfect and all in all, this is a great liquid liner for the price.