April 18, 2014 | 1962 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by wiresinhisheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

i used dark angels for probably six months or so and while it helped with the scarring i had from acne to the point that it almost completely faded and my skin was perfectly smooth, ive realised it is just too harsh to use on my skin and actually dried my skin out which caused it to look aged for a while. i also feel like the exfoliating particles are just too big and jagged to be used on delicate facial skin.
the packaging is not very good either, if you use it in the shower the pot can easily get water in it, causing the face scrub to go soggy and horrible, but there isnt really another way it can be packaged conveniently.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by missriss2012

I received a sample of Dark Angels on my last visit to my LUSH store. I think this might be a little harsh for everyday use, but on those days where I am feeling particularly oily I think this is perfect for getting rid of the excess oil on my face. The SA described this product to me as a "low-carb Coal Face". The smell isn't all that pleasing but I can put up with it every now and then when I need to use this cleanser. I'll be buying a full size of this when my sample runs out.

UPDATE. I bought a full size of this and have been alternating with my AOBS every couple of days. It is really helping reduce my oil production and it is a nice and gentle exfoliant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

When I ran out of my usual Clean+Clear face scrub I decided to go to Lush to check out their new stuff. I was looking for something for my crazy combo skin that I would be able to use all year long.. something to clear it out without over drying or adding oil. I was recommended Dark Angels as a face scrub and it's alright.

First of all - the scent is amazing. It just smells wonderfully clean and earthy. It also feels great on my skin once I work it up into a paste - it's not too rough, but it smoothes out my skin like crazyness. It does mess up the sink quite a bit though.. because it IS black! But in the end, my skin is significanty softer and my makeup goes on more nicely.

Great for cleaning and exfoliating in one go, but not for controlling oil. I also find it does get stuck in my pores a bit. So it's annoying to scrub it out.

Bottom line - it is DEFINITELY worth a try if you want a good clean scrub that will help keep your skin clear. And it smells wicked !!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sleepingapple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin, and using Dark Angels has actually cut down on my skin's oil production. Since switching over to this cleanser (I know some people are saying it is a scrub and some people are saying it is a cleanser, but I am using this as my cleanser and Ocean Salt as my scrub), I only have to wash my face once a day. I use this in the shower at night-it gets a little messy-and then follow with a toner and moisturizer. In the morning, I just rinse and tone, and I am ready to go. This has honestly been a miracle product for me in terms of oil control. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Holly1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking it was a cleanser. It's not. I'm happy for the mistake since this is possibly the best scrub I've ever tried. I cannot believe how smooth it makes my skin. It's not particularly moisturizing or drying, just does a fantastic job as an exfoliator. It's a mess to use though, which is my only complaint. You have to scoop a small piece out of the jar, mash it around on your hand and smear it on your face. And it's coal black (hence the name.) My husband tried it and thought I was playing a practical joke on him. But he was really impressed with the results too. Great product and I will certainly be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by rjd12

How do you use this cleanser???? I put a pea size in my palm and mix with a little water like the instructions say but it just turns into a watery mess! Any suggestions on how to properly use this? I love coal face so I figured I would this a try but so far I can't rate how it works since all of it usually goes down the drain!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this last week when I went to the LUSH store and I must admit that so far I am impressed. The SA told me to use it in the shower or tub and not the sink as it can be quite messy (he's right). I used it as a scrub/treatment at the end of my bath the other night and my skin looked and felt great after I got out. My skin was matte, but not overly dry/tight, and the effect seemed to last well into the next day. Will definitely finish the sample and buy more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is an upgrade from Angels on Bare Skin which I *love*. I think this is one of the best scrubs out there (I use it as a scrub, not a cleanser). It makes my face feel super-smooth with just the right amount of grit. Nothing like those useless high street brands! And the price is great too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Bitterswt

Can I Tell You . . . . . at the end of the day, you can fry an egg on my face thats how oily it gets. This is my first LUSH cleanser and I been using "dark angel" for about two weeks now. This is the only cleanser that minimize my skins oil production. I also have sensitive skin and this cleanser did not cause me to break out. Although I would not recommend this cleaner as daily use, its more like a mask that can be applyed twice a week.

ingredients: Silt, Grastissima (Avocado ) Oil, Glycerince, Charcoal Powder, Sucrose, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I use this as a weekly mask/exfoliator rather than a cleanser since it is all too harsh to be used more than perhaps twice a week. It does wonders to open my pores and draw all the gunk to the surface. So, for an alternative mask/exfoliator this works great (and it has no talc in it, unlike the other Lush masks). For a cleanser, however, I would suggest getting something else.

It works great as a body scrub too, even if the sugar crystals are small and rather gentle they are many and very effective. Of course, it does get rather pricey, and ordinary sugar mixed in a cheap lotion or oil will leave you with pretty much the same result.