January 27, 2015 | 1926 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm not a die-hard LUSH fan, but this is definitely why I'm a regular customer. My skin is combination/oily, and is very prone to clogging and blackheads. I exfoliate regularly using Queen Helene Mint Julep Scrub, and while that's a wonderful gentle exfoliator for every day, I need something much tougher to dig out all these nasty blackheads I'm constantly battling.

This looks like dirt (thanks to the mud ingredient, bought from Morocco), packaged in a LUSH' clear containers. I take an almond-sized blob, wet it enough to make a paste, and gently rub it over my face. Warning: this is not for the sensitive-skinned! It is very coarse, very abrasive, thanks to the charcoal ingredient. I don't find the scent offensive at all (because I can hardly smell it), and it sucks up my blackheads like nobody's business. I can stand to use it 3 times a week, but my skin's pretty tough - those with sensitive or drier skin are recommended to not exceed two uses per week.

I absolutely love, love, love this stuff. Beats an extraction anytime!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2009 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Beneboy

Now for me to give such a low review I must of have a bad reaction...and boy did I! I was in the lush store, buying the brazened honey mask(AMAZING!) and the associate suggested I try the new cleanser. Being that in the past I loved my herbalism, I was like...what the hell, OF COURSE! I ended up buying it, so excited to try it out and see my skin glow glow glow...WELL instead of a glow I got ACNE for days! I had never, ever seen my skin explode so bad until I used this! I was breaking out where I hadn't on my face in years! Curious if it was maybe a combo of things(I did a facial night the first night I used it)...and within a week without using it my skin started to calm down. Its been a week and I still getting my skin back to normal...this is going straight back to exchange for ocean salt or herbalism...If your in remotely acne prone, I highly suggest turning away from this product. In other words:

1) Messy

2) Break out central

3) Sugar crystals barely exfoliate to even be called a "exfoliating" cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by alexistaylor111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is an excellent exfoliator it may be a bit harsh for some skins however i like how abrasive it is. it makes my skin really smooth- as for oil control i haven't noticed a difference but it is a great exfoliator to rid the skin of dead skin cells!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Ruth81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since I have a clogged and oily T-zone (oh the joys of problem skin) Dark Angels is a little beauty at clearing me out once a week and keeping the oiliness at bay for days on end. I don't know how it does it, I'm just glad it does. It retails for just over 5 and comes in the usual 100g black LUSH pot. The product is jet black and looks/feels like a thick powder that turns into a paste when you add water. I can certainly smell the liquorice, but it disappears after rinsing, although the sink usually needs a good clean afterwards. I got Dark Angels free as I spent over 20 at Lush very recently - and spending over 20 there is easily done by me! I have acne-prone, hyper-sensitive roscea-prone skin, so what on earth was I doing with a liquorice and charcoal cleanser/scrub aimed at young, oily skin? Well, after a demonstration of the product by the lovely SA at the Chester branch, I thought this product may possibly 'suck' the dirt out of my clogged pores if I used it as a mask rather than a scrub. And it turned out that I was right! The scrubby bits are far too harsh on my skin, so I avoid rubbing it, but I apply it as a mask and let it do its thing till it dries, (which is does very quickly) and rinse off. I only do it once a week, as that's the most my skin can handle - this product is not for the faint hearted! My skin is not only smooth, but my skin stays matte for days on end, but not dry and flaky. It also works a treat on my bacne. Happy days.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by thlewis

I've been using this for a week nightly and really like it. I can tell that with continued use, it will be wonderful. My skin feels clean and smooth after using this product in such a short amount of time. It got rid of my reoccurring black heads and is fading dark spots left from acne. I'll continue using to see how it goes, but for now it's working great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a week and have been really impressed so far. I was using it twice a day at first, but find that my skin is happier when I use it only at night and only tone and moisturize in the morning. Dark Angels has really started to draw out impurities within my pores (and as a result caused a few blemishes the first few days I was using it). My skin just glows after cleansing! The smell is a bit odd, but overall it doesn't bother me or linger for more than a few minutes. I really hope that my skin continues to respond so well to this product, because as of now I am in love with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by firetruckmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ordered by mail and it was a mess! Product leaked out and everything else in my order was oily. However, after using this 2 times (I use 2-3 week) I seriously cannot believe the glow! I'm 36 and was just feeling like my skin was ruddy and not responding to anything and makeup wasn't doing much. When I use this product I feel like a goddess (at least in my face). I stopped using all makeup except eye and am loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by chickmc2003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! It's fun to use, smells amazing, and sucks the gunk right out of your pores! Just remember to use a toner after! My face is so smooth from this and AOBS that i have to remind myself "Hands Off!"

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 5:06:00 AM More reviews by RaspberryBeetle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. This cleanser is different from any other that I've used over the years. I've always liked Angels on Bare Skin for it's mildness and exfoliating properties, but Dark Angels blows it away. The texture is like soft mud with granules for exfoliation. The scent is earthy and relaxing. My skin looks radiant now that I've been using it for a week. My skin looks more even-toned and the ingredients seem to have helped with overall puffiness and inflammation from allergens, makeup, etc. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by icecream4ever

I love this!!! It got rid of my acenein 2 weeks-amazing. It was a little tricky at first, since you had to mix water with it, but eventually you get used to it. UNfortuantly, my bioten broke me out...so hopeflly this clenser will be my savior again.