October 20, 2014 | 1493 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by lamorticia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My absolute favorite lip balm! While it's a bit pricey, I find that it is completely worth it since one tube lasts forever and does wonders for your lips. When using Dior Addict Lip Glow regularly, I find that it actually keeps the color of my lips at a very pretty pink shade even when I'm not wearing the gloss. It's easily worth every last cent, and no other type of "natural color enhancing" lip balms out there even compare.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by veronabrit

I've wanted to purchase Dior's Lip Glow gloss for awhile now but could never justify the $30 price tag. Once I discovered that the gloss makes lips a pretty pink shade (kind of like O-Glow) I was sold because it wasn't just a clear gloss anymore. So I bought it at Sephora with my 15% off and opened it the moment I got out of the store and happily applied it to my lips. Within seconds my friend said "wow, your lips are super bright pink" and I looked in the mirror and sure enough they were a brighter pink than I'm used to, but it looked cute. A couple of minutes later I started to feel a tingling sensation on my lips which by the minute turned to a burning sensation. Not good. I know lip plumpers like Too Faced Lip Injection can make your lips feel this way (which I why I never use plumping glosses) but I didn't expect this from the Dior gloss since it is not a plumping gloss. I basically immediately returned to Sephora and though I hated to return it (because I wanted to love it)...I'm also not going to pay nearly $30 for something that HURTS my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by bowbat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best everyday lip balm I've ever tried. It makes my lips soft, smooth & shiny while giving them a hint of bright-pink color (just enough!). I'm very fickle when it comes to lipsticks/glosses/etc., and this is literally the only one I've ever purchased that I used right down to the bottom of the tube. The downside, of course, is the crazy-high price. Will that stop me from re-buying? No... but I'll hate myself for doing it. ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by SophiaCouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE DIOR. this l/s is amazing. the packaging is so pretty i love diors packaging however the color so pretty. but rubs off fast.I would consider buyin again. but due to the non lasting color and havint reapply wuld be a waste of cash. so no i won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by asphyxiad0ll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip treatment, and I think that you will too if you use your head. It's right there in the name of the product, kids -- COLOR REVIVER balm. It's going to make your lips brighter. Fact. If you don't want that, stay away from this.

Now, if you're me, you totally love that -- especially in a lip balm. I have really dry, sad lips. They're addicted to chap stick and there's no Intervention coming for them. I'm also not the type of person who has the patience to reapply 12 thousand times a day, so I like my stuff to stay put. I tried this on at work (the cosmetics department) one day and was really surprised with the results. The color was a lot more intense than I expected and turned my lips this gorgeous shade of hot pink that I was proud to walk around with. It moisturized my lips all day long instead of just sinking in and quitting on me, and the color stayed true all day too!

However, I can't imagine paying $28 for it. If it cost a little less, this'd go right up there on my most-used list. However, for that price, I can buy 2 tubes of my favorite lip gloss and just reapply a few more times a day than I'd like to. Sorry, Dior. Your price tag spoiled our relationship again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by MissNrrdGirl

Don't like this product, don't like the color it makes on my lips and it isn't moisturizing for me. Too expensive too and not a lot of product. Definitely not buying this product ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by brandi17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I looooooooooove this stuff! It brings out the natural color of my lips, helping with my problem of different coloring in my lips. It is a lovely base. The only things I don't like about this is how expensive it is and how little you get. I just hope the price goes down one day! But this is a MUST HAVE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this is one of the best lip balms there is today, I find the whole colour-changing thing just pisses me right off. Mood-swing anyone? I want someone to tell me, what is the difference between this and Smashbox Ogloss, or Too Faced Mood-swing? Perhaps less shine? A little more moisturizing? The feeling of this balm is absolutely perfect. I can't say anymore, it's just perfect. I bought this thinking it would be a perfect MLBB like everyone says it is and how soft it looks so on and so on. But the colour is just light fuscia, nothing special, it's just plain old pH dependent lip product. $37 CAD a pop? I mean what is Dior thinking? Are we all just stupid? Let's say Dior cut out the whole colour-changing thing, and made this pale pink lip blam an actual lip balm, and costs a little less, this would without a doubt be my HG. But I'm just not that interested in investing money in such a simple marketing ploy giving by such a high end company. Total rip off. Not recommended. You can live without this lip balm. While I recommend a lot of Dior makeup, I'm just not that into this one.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yeah pretty much the same color result on me - muted soft fuchsia, when piled on a lot. Happily it wipes right off if it becomes too intense, as it's the product itself that changes color & not the lips that are stained. A lighter application leaves my lips moist but less glossy & less colored - the pink is soft & natural, albeit light.

This is a glorified high-end mood lipstick. The soft glossy texture made me give in & splurge on this item. I like sheer, soft, glossy lip products, especially in solid stick form. SPF 10 pretty good. Smells lovely & delicious (like vanilla). $31 total cost at Sephora. It's cute but I don't think I'd pay that much money for a lip product again.

EDIT 2/16/10 -
So it seems that heat/coldness plays quite a part in how soft or intense the pink on my lips gets. All in all it's a very nice product but, nah, I wouldn't buy it again. Too costly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry to be the odd one out but this came out fushia on me abit being a light fushia.