September 1, 2014 | 2030 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by bebesoul

This lip balm has SPF 10 which is always a plus. It gives me this light pink color on my lips which I really love. It's gives good moisture but not enough for winter of course. If you have flakey lips then you must exfoliate or else the color will get caught in the flakes. Not a nice sight! The packaging is so adorable!! I love the light pink case with the silver tube. Its expensive but still worth it because of the color it gives me and the cute packaging. Will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by anacrespo

This is a really clever product. You apply it on the bare lips (I find that applying lip balm before will not let the product work) and you achieve a very radiant, pink glow on the lips. It makes lips look more defined and definitely plumper. However, since its supposed to be a lip balm it really isn't moisturising in any way, but it isn't drying either.

To anyone who wants to but this product I would suggest trying it at the Dior counter and matching it to a tinted lip balm to achieve the same results. The Bourjois mini range do really cheap tinted balms which would give you a similar result.

The clever process of this product is what's making it so sought after. However the result is just like that of a tinted lip balm, so save your money ladies,

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by MsAshleyCrim

I'm absolutely in love with this product! My lips tend to peel with a lot of lipglosses and crack with a lot of lipsticks, so I was incredibly impressed when that didn't happen with this product. I love how the formula adapts to the natural pigments of your lips and brings out the pretty pinky/red tones. It truly looks different on every person. I also love that the consistency of the product is sort of gel based rather than waxy or like a lip lacquer. It doesn't get stuck to your hair either!
It lasts surprisingly a long time. Even after the glossy finish wears off, it acts almost as a lip stain keeping your lips pinky.
Also, I LOVE the packaging. Its so classy and fabulous. Wish the price wasnt so steep however, it goes pretty fast! I've only had mine for about a month and its about half gone. It doesn't help that I love it so much, and that I want to use it everyday. I've yet to see another product like this on the market. Incredible for any age.
Check out my video review on youtube, and you can see what it looks like on me:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by LeahLoo

My lips tend to crack and flake, so I have to be very careful with balms and glosses. But this one is fantastic. The consistency is great - not too creamy or too waxy. It provides enough moisture so that even after it wears off and I have nothing on, my lips feel smooth and soft. And the color is nice - enhancing my natural lip color. The shade is a little bright, but without being loud. One drawback is the cost. It's an investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by isingonrooftops

First of all, I'd like to say that the packaging is just gorgeous, but we shouldn't really care about the packaging, right? We should care about what's inside the packaging, and what's inside the packaging is wonderful. I was skeptical when buying this, since I've bought some department store lip balms that disappointed me in the past, because they weren't as moisturizing as ones I've bought from the drugstore. I was also wary, because I've read reviews of women complaining about lip glow turning their lips into a hideous fuscia color, and I certainly didn't want that. However, all my worries melted the instant I applied this on. My lip color didn't turn into some eye-burning, grotesque shade. In fact, lip glow simply enhanced my natural lip color, which is a good thing since I only like the look of tinted lip color. I also love how it gave my lips a sheen instead of making them shiny-I hate how most lip glosses make your lips too shiny. Then, there was the scent-a mixture between mint and vanilla, which was just lovely. So, would I buy this again? Yes, a million times yes. Should you buy this? Everyone's body chemistry reacts differently, so I don't know, but you could buy this at Sephora since they have really good return policies.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by jotaku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a very big fan of lip products, especially bold coloured lip products and super glossy lip products so the Dior Colour Reviver Balm works really well for me! It's also very suitable for me as I prefer more natural makeup on my face.

The lip balm is super easy to apply, and just adds a tint of colour to my lips without looking unnatural which makes it very useful for daily use. It's also pretty moisturizing, without feeling too heavy on your lips.

I would repurchase this lip balm definitely!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by satanlovesemo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I almost returned this because I wasn't completely blown away and it was damn expensive! But I'm keeping it by default, since I haven't had time to head back to the mall this week. Oh, well. It's not a bad product, I just don't think it's worth the price. On me, it turns a nice, bright-but-sheer pink that achieves that just-ate-a-strawberry-popsicle look. I get a similar effect from Burt's Bees Pomegranate balm, which would be HG if it had SPF. (It smells pomegranate tea! So good!) I don't think the Lip Glow is particularly moisturizing. It feels a little waxy to me. I prefer Nanak's Unscented Lip Smoothee, which has SPF 10 and an awesome texture not too slippery or waxy, but a perfect light, nourishing feel. The Lip Glow packaging was awkward at first, but I've gotten used to it. It's different and looks expensive, so it's a fun change from the typical lip balm tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by LemursInTrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this and I wish I didn't. It makes my super duper pale skin (MUFE HD 110, MAC NW10, LM Soft Ivory) look awake and adds a gorgeous pop of pink to my lips without looking totally unnatural. It IS expensive, no two ways about it. I don't find it especially moisturizing (I use aquaphor for that) but it certainly does not dry out my lips. I would buy again just perhaps not regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by TheCoconut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice product to treat yourself - yes it is expensive, but it is packaged beautifully. I purchased this after getting my eyes done at the Dior counter - with dramatic eyes I was curious about a nude gloss - after seeing the look of Dior Addict Lip Glow I was sold! As a tan Asian woman, finding nudes that aren't chalky is a problem. At a dressy event, I did not feel self-conscious pulling out my Lip Glow to re-moisturize, in fact it was so refreshing to touch-up w/o a mirror and a lot more glamorous that Chapstick! For anyone that is hesitant, this product has a very light smell, no taste, and just enough slip not to wipe off when drinking coffee. This is now one of my go-to's that will (hopefully!) replace the other lipbalm's collecting dust in my makeup drawer. .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by wetbandit42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I said I'd repurchase this, but I'm not entirely sure I would. I like it enough to buy it again, but $28 for a lipbalm is ridiculous. It makes my lips a pretty shade of pink, and it makes them feel soft, but I don't know if that's worth the price of this to me. I dislike the smell. This might be one of those things that's fun to try once.