October 1, 2014 | 2008 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by asphyxiad0ll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip treatment, and I think that you will too if you use your head. It's right there in the name of the product, kids -- COLOR REVIVER balm. It's going to make your lips brighter. Fact. If you don't want that, stay away from this.

Now, if you're me, you totally love that -- especially in a lip balm. I have really dry, sad lips. They're addicted to chap stick and there's no Intervention coming for them. I'm also not the type of person who has the patience to reapply 12 thousand times a day, so I like my stuff to stay put. I tried this on at work (the cosmetics department) one day and was really surprised with the results. The color was a lot more intense than I expected and turned my lips this gorgeous shade of hot pink that I was proud to walk around with. It moisturized my lips all day long instead of just sinking in and quitting on me, and the color stayed true all day too!

However, I can't imagine paying $28 for it. If it cost a little less, this'd go right up there on my most-used list. However, for that price, I can buy 2 tubes of my favorite lip gloss and just reapply a few more times a day than I'd like to. Sorry, Dior. Your price tag spoiled our relationship again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by MissNrrdGirl

Don't like this product, don't like the color it makes on my lips and it isn't moisturizing for me. Too expensive too and not a lot of product. Definitely not buying this product ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by brandi17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I looooooooooove this stuff! It brings out the natural color of my lips, helping with my problem of different coloring in my lips. It is a lovely base. The only things I don't like about this is how expensive it is and how little you get. I just hope the price goes down one day! But this is a MUST HAVE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this is one of the best lip balms there is today, I find the whole colour-changing thing just pisses me right off. Mood-swing anyone? I want someone to tell me, what is the difference between this and Smashbox Ogloss, or Too Faced Mood-swing? Perhaps less shine? A little more moisturizing? The feeling of this balm is absolutely perfect. I can't say anymore, it's just perfect. I bought this thinking it would be a perfect MLBB like everyone says it is and how soft it looks so on and so on. But the colour is just light fuscia, nothing special, it's just plain old pH dependent lip product. $37 CAD a pop? I mean what is Dior thinking? Are we all just stupid? Let's say Dior cut out the whole colour-changing thing, and made this pale pink lip blam an actual lip balm, and costs a little less, this would without a doubt be my HG. But I'm just not that interested in investing money in such a simple marketing ploy giving by such a high end company. Total rip off. Not recommended. You can live without this lip balm. While I recommend a lot of Dior makeup, I'm just not that into this one.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yeah pretty much the same color result on me - muted soft fuchsia, when piled on a lot. Happily it wipes right off if it becomes too intense, as it's the product itself that changes color & not the lips that are stained. A lighter application leaves my lips moist but less glossy & less colored - the pink is soft & natural, albeit light.

This is a glorified high-end mood lipstick. The soft glossy texture made me give in & splurge on this item. I like sheer, soft, glossy lip products, especially in solid stick form. SPF 10 pretty good. Smells lovely & delicious (like vanilla). $31 total cost at Sephora. It's cute but I don't think I'd pay that much money for a lip product again.

EDIT 2/16/10 -
So it seems that heat/coldness plays quite a part in how soft or intense the pink on my lips gets. All in all it's a very nice product but, nah, I wouldn't buy it again. Too costly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry to be the odd one out but this came out fushia on me abit being a light fushia.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by OrtLing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My lips tends to crack pretty often, even after ample water. This is by far the best lip balm I tried. Very moisturizing and make a perfect base for lipstick after. Of couse, remember to exfoliate your lips prior to putting it on.

Added benefit: Lovely packaging with the sweet pink tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by bebesoul

This lip balm has SPF 10 which is always a plus. It gives me this light pink color on my lips which I really love. It's gives good moisture but not enough for winter of course. If you have flakey lips then you must exfoliate or else the color will get caught in the flakes. Not a nice sight! The packaging is so adorable!! I love the light pink case with the silver tube. Its expensive but still worth it because of the color it gives me and the cute packaging. Will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by anacrespo

This is a really clever product. You apply it on the bare lips (I find that applying lip balm before will not let the product work) and you achieve a very radiant, pink glow on the lips. It makes lips look more defined and definitely plumper. However, since its supposed to be a lip balm it really isn't moisturising in any way, but it isn't drying either.

To anyone who wants to but this product I would suggest trying it at the Dior counter and matching it to a tinted lip balm to achieve the same results. The Bourjois mini range do really cheap tinted balms which would give you a similar result.

The clever process of this product is what's making it so sought after. However the result is just like that of a tinted lip balm, so save your money ladies,

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by MsAshleyCrim

I'm absolutely in love with this product! My lips tend to peel with a lot of lipglosses and crack with a lot of lipsticks, so I was incredibly impressed when that didn't happen with this product. I love how the formula adapts to the natural pigments of your lips and brings out the pretty pinky/red tones. It truly looks different on every person. I also love that the consistency of the product is sort of gel based rather than waxy or like a lip lacquer. It doesn't get stuck to your hair either!
It lasts surprisingly a long time. Even after the glossy finish wears off, it acts almost as a lip stain keeping your lips pinky.
Also, I LOVE the packaging. Its so classy and fabulous. Wish the price wasnt so steep however, it goes pretty fast! I've only had mine for about a month and its about half gone. It doesn't help that I love it so much, and that I want to use it everyday. I've yet to see another product like this on the market. Incredible for any age.
Check out my video review on youtube, and you can see what it looks like on me: