Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYLMETHOXYCINNAMATE) 7.50 %, C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, OZOKERITE, ETHYLHEXYLPALMITATE, C20-40 ALCOHOLS, POLYETHYLENE, IRVINGIA GABONENSIS KERNEL BUTTER, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, DECYLOXAZOLIDINONE, TRIBEHENIN, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LUFFA CYLINDRICA SEED OIL, BHT, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, VANILLIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TOCOPHEROL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLGALLATE [ /-: CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 45380 (RED 21, RED 21 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), MICA, CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 6 LAKE, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE), CI 75470 (CARMINE)].

on 9/1/2010 6:13:00 PM

This is quite expensive for a lip balm but it is well worth the cost. It turns my lips the prettiest shade of pink and I like the way it makes my lips feel. I get lots of compliments on the color. I definitely would recomend this.

on 8/29/2010 8:50:00 AM

Except for the usual Chapstick and Burt's Bees balms when cold weather takes it's toll, this is my first high-end lip balm (I'm a gloss fan). It will probably be my ONLY one, because it is PERFECT, IMHO. Just shiny enough to enhance, feels wonderful on, and a beautiful shade of pink. I find myself remembering to reapply now and then just because it's such a cool product that it's fun to watch the color develop...LOL. I especially think it's a great product for mature lips; the color plus the moisture is wonderful even on no-makeup days. Adorable packaging, too, like all of the Dior Addict line.

on 8/15/2010 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

LOVE this. I bought it on a whim and fully expected to be disappointed, but I truly love it. This is a stick balm that goes on easily and smoothly. Not a thin, waxy feel, this goes on very richly and feels deeply moisturizing. It even gives my colorless lips a nice rosy tint. There's a very faint, pleasant minty scent (not the waxy odor associated with many Dior lip products) and a very light minty taste. A nice touch. The consistency is what keeps me grabbing this product when I have loads of other lip products stashed around the house. Very luxurious feel.

on 8/2/2010 6:23:00 PM

I tried this on in Sephora on a whim and was surprised at the color and the way my lips felt after I put it on. Even though I wasn't looking to buy a lip balm, I bought it on the spot. I'm really excited about it!! The color it gives me is beautiful, a berry-stained soft pink that matches my face perfectly. It moisterizes amazingly well and lasts a long time, and it's not sticky in the least which I love!! Definitely a new HG even though it's pricey - it really replaces 2 products, lip color and moisterizing balm.

on 8/1/2010 4:38:00 AM

This will probably be my most comprehensive review on a lipbalm. Let's begin:

This product is suppose to moisturize your lips, while giving them a natural glow that is uniquely yours with the added benefit of SPF10.

I purchased this on a whim, and at $35.00 CDN that is steep. The cardboard packaging has the typical pearly/iridescent shine to it, while the actual tube itself is a babypink crystal-look plastic cap with a chromed silver tube. It is CHEAP. After my first use, the lid would not snap back in place, and now wobbles around aimlessly. To secure it, I have to use an elastic band, or just simply keep my fingers crossed that it won't open in my makeup bag.

The product itself appears a thick, pale pink but applies as a smooth, clear gloss. Give it a few moments and it will adjust to your lipcolor. I've found it to give my naturally pigmented lips a nice mauvey stained look, as if I've had a fruit juice popsicle.

The balm is very moisturizing, lasted about 4 hours before re-applying and had a vanilla-mint scent (no taste).

I prefer to wear this under a nude lippie, as it helps to relieve any corpse-like appearance that some nude lippies tend to have.

Overall, not worth the hype, the money or the pretty packaging.

on 7/28/2010 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Nice hydration for the lips, but I hate the fuchsia pink color my lips turn with this on, so I use it to hydrate my lips while applying my makeup. I wipe it off and apply my lipstick. Kind of a waste given its intended purpose, but I purchased it while out of town and was unable to return it.

Packaging is pretty but cheaply constructed -- I expected it to be a little heavier given that it is Dior. Oh well. Dior products can't all be winners. Definitely would not recommend simply because the price tag is ridiculous for what it accomplishes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this. It turns my lips a pretty pink color & goes on easily. I do not think it is worth $30 & will not re-purchase but I like it for days I'm in a hurry.

on 7/22/2010 8:11:00 PM

I like this. Nice glossy finish, gives a pink sheen to the lips. Feels like carmex lipbalm on my lips. Smells nice, a light scent with a hint of sunscreen due to the spf 10. Worth $28 plus tax? No. I'll use it up because it's nice, but nice is not HG worthy, which it should be at this price range. EDIT: Okay this balm is addictive. I've been wearing it as a base under my lippies and it really makes my pale lipsticks look less pastey (Barry M 100 and 101: I'm looking at you). I love that it feels creamy and moisturizing, but not greasy or overly glossy. I still balk at that price tag, but if the funds are there, I'll repurchase when I run out.

on 7/22/2010 9:48:00 AM

I find this quite moisturising, and as an Eight Hour addict, thats saying something. Unlilke 8 hour, which is colourless, I like the fact that this has colour to it - on me quite a bright pink. I generally put a touch of this on with a lip brush and then put By Terry Rose lip balm over the top. Yes, it needs reapplying quite a bit, but then all my lipbalms and lipstick do. Great "no effort" look for the summer.

on 7/12/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Like I said before, I own more lip balms than lipgloss.. and so far.. this is the best lip balm i've ever tried and bought.. It is perfect for my lip color.. it gives a little shine like I am wearing a lipgloss.. it is expensive but for me it is worth it.. it really moisturize my lips for a long time..

Popular Lip Treatments