Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYLMETHOXYCINNAMATE) 7.50 %, C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, OZOKERITE, ETHYLHEXYLPALMITATE, C20-40 ALCOHOLS, POLYETHYLENE, IRVINGIA GABONENSIS KERNEL BUTTER, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, DECYLOXAZOLIDINONE, TRIBEHENIN, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LUFFA CYLINDRICA SEED OIL, BHT, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, VANILLIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TOCOPHEROL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLGALLATE [ /-: CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 45380 (RED 21, RED 21 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), MICA, CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 6 LAKE, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE), CI 75470 (CARMINE)].

This product is really 3 in 1 for me. I'm usually really picky about what I use on my lips so I'm surprised how much I love this. For me, this is moisturizing, brightens my natural lip colour and leaves a really pretty sheen. They leave my lips looking quite youthful hehe.

In reality, this product is just a bright pink (almost fluoro) tinted lip balm but i love the result.

Just one advice though, if your lips are not evenly pigmented, definately stay away from this product. My friend tried it and it just hilighted the lighter and darker spots on her lips even more.

on 9/8/2010 4:55:00 PM

This feels really nice when applied, silky and moisturizing just like a regular balm. However, I wasn't aware that it would change color. After the first time I applied it, I passed a mirror and was horrified to find that my lips were a garish pink (and not a flattering pink, but the most awful unflattering color possible). Avoiding this in the future! Packaging is really nice, and I loved the way it made my lips feel but this definitely won't be a part of my regular routine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

So I caved in and bought this because of all the talk about it. For me, it did live up to the hype. My lips felt so moisturized and supple. The color that it adapted to on my lips was a nice healthy flush of natural pink. The packaging feels luxurious like all dior products. I'm sure I can find a dupe to this for much cheaper but this is a nice treat.

I had high hopes for this. However, it dried out my lips and I have to reapply like every twenty minutes. Really Dior? REALLY?

on 9/1/2010 6:13:00 PM

This is quite expensive for a lip balm but it is well worth the cost. It turns my lips the prettiest shade of pink and I like the way it makes my lips feel. I get lots of compliments on the color. I definitely would recomend this.

on 8/29/2010 8:50:00 AM

Except for the usual Chapstick and Burt's Bees balms when cold weather takes it's toll, this is my first high-end lip balm (I'm a gloss fan). It will probably be my ONLY one, because it is PERFECT, IMHO. Just shiny enough to enhance, feels wonderful on, and a beautiful shade of pink. I find myself remembering to reapply now and then just because it's such a cool product that it's fun to watch the color develop...LOL. I especially think it's a great product for mature lips; the color plus the moisture is wonderful even on no-makeup days. Adorable packaging, too, like all of the Dior Addict line.

on 8/15/2010 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

LOVE this. I bought it on a whim and fully expected to be disappointed, but I truly love it. This is a stick balm that goes on easily and smoothly. Not a thin, waxy feel, this goes on very richly and feels deeply moisturizing. It even gives my colorless lips a nice rosy tint. There's a very faint, pleasant minty scent (not the waxy odor associated with many Dior lip products) and a very light minty taste. A nice touch. The consistency is what keeps me grabbing this product when I have loads of other lip products stashed around the house. Very luxurious feel.

on 8/2/2010 6:23:00 PM

I tried this on in Sephora on a whim and was surprised at the color and the way my lips felt after I put it on. Even though I wasn't looking to buy a lip balm, I bought it on the spot. I'm really excited about it!! The color it gives me is beautiful, a berry-stained soft pink that matches my face perfectly. It moisterizes amazingly well and lasts a long time, and it's not sticky in the least which I love!! Definitely a new HG even though it's pricey - it really replaces 2 products, lip color and moisterizing balm.

on 8/1/2010 4:38:00 AM

This will probably be my most comprehensive review on a lipbalm. Let's begin:

This product is suppose to moisturize your lips, while giving them a natural glow that is uniquely yours with the added benefit of SPF10.

I purchased this on a whim, and at $35.00 CDN that is steep. The cardboard packaging has the typical pearly/iridescent shine to it, while the actual tube itself is a babypink crystal-look plastic cap with a chromed silver tube. It is CHEAP. After my first use, the lid would not snap back in place, and now wobbles around aimlessly. To secure it, I have to use an elastic band, or just simply keep my fingers crossed that it won't open in my makeup bag.

The product itself appears a thick, pale pink but applies as a smooth, clear gloss. Give it a few moments and it will adjust to your lipcolor. I've found it to give my naturally pigmented lips a nice mauvey stained look, as if I've had a fruit juice popsicle.

The balm is very moisturizing, lasted about 4 hours before re-applying and had a vanilla-mint scent (no taste).

I prefer to wear this under a nude lippie, as it helps to relieve any corpse-like appearance that some nude lippies tend to have.

Overall, not worth the hype, the money or the pretty packaging.

on 7/28/2010 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Nice hydration for the lips, but I hate the fuchsia pink color my lips turn with this on, so I use it to hydrate my lips while applying my makeup. I wipe it off and apply my lipstick. Kind of a waste given its intended purpose, but I purchased it while out of town and was unable to return it.

Packaging is pretty but cheaply constructed -- I expected it to be a little heavier given that it is Dior. Oh well. Dior products can't all be winners. Definitely would not recommend simply because the price tag is ridiculous for what it accomplishes.

Popular Lip Treatments