April 19, 2014 | 1670 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by shannycgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazzzzzing. period.
Sure it's an expensive lip treatment, but would you expect anything else from Dior? Truth of the matter is, there are only a small minority of Dior products that aren't worth the price tag, and this is definitely not one of them. It keeps my lips incredibly moisturized for at least a couple of hours, which is a long time for me. The hint of bubblegum pink color it adds to my lips is perfect alone or as a base under lipgloss or lipstick. It kind of reminds me of the color Benefit's PosieTint shows up on my extremely pale, cool-toned skin. Anyway, this product is really great and I highly recommend it to any lip balm junkie... it's a must for your collection!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by curlyhead

This lip balm smells really nice and feels very smooth and moisturizing. I also love the packaging, very cute. However, it makes my lips a really bad fluorescent pink which looks really unnatural and pretty much ridiculous on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the BALM, I am in LOVE with this product!!! First of all the packaging is super cute and classy looking, and secondly the product itself is amazing!! It looks like a very pale pink iridescent balm, but once applied on my lips it gives them the same flush that you get from a looonngg snogging session!!! Super flattering, not super glossy, the perfect unmakeup makeup. Im not too thrilled with the 28 dollar price tag attached to it, however I love the color, the spf, and the feel of the product so I feel that its very worth it. I want to buy two backups, thats how much I love this stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Leighton09

I went into a beauty store and came out with this! The girl working showed it to me and as soon as I saw the irridescent pink colour i was almost SURE I wouldnt purchase it. I then put it on my lips and a minute later my lips looked amazingly luscious! I had a friend with me and she loved it! She bought one after seeing it works its magic. I have to admit it's pretty pricey, but it's worth it if you use it as much as I have been-the title is correct, I'm ADDICTED! I love it, it makes your lips looks sexy without looking draggy!
:) it's true J'adore Dior

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this last week and I've been using it non-stop. I love the packaging, it looks like a lipstick. It felt like a chapstick when I applied it and it had a tingly feeling (not sure if it's supposed to) and almost immediately you notice a little colour on your lips. It's very subtle and looks very natural. I personally love the colour it gave my lips but it looked really strange on my friend; very unnatural. I think that $28 was very expensive for a chapstick-like product but in the end the colour that it gave was really nice so I decided to keep it. I feel so guilty for loving this. I don't wear lipstick and I don't like the sticky feeling of gloss so this product is ideal for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is so hyped right now, and I'm afraid i cannot support the hype.
What it is: a balmy lip protectant with a glossy finish.
What it is not: an actual lipstick that has coverage. It's sheer and imparts a bit of tint depending on "chemistry" with your lips. (It does appear hot pink on a tissue!)

Taste: good to great, it's like a very sweet smell/taste, but not cloying and not a weird SPF taste or that stale mango taste (which i dislike about YSL, although i love those overall).

Feel: glossy and balmy, not too glossy, but not like chapstick either. It does a great job protecting the lips.

Color: yuck! it was like Clinique's Black honey on me. Very berryish and not at all what i wanted, although i'm sure it was flattering. I wanted a lighter pink color, but i guess my chemistry is bad!

Cost: $28. Really? really. Not remotely worth it...you could get the same payoff with a Cover Girl lipslick (i'd have to get the yellow tube that contains the cinnamon-rust sheer color to get the same color this Dior lip balm gives me!)....or with any sheer glossy balm. The only thing you may miss is the cute packaging.

Packaging: cute, very attractive...probably what draws most people to this item.

Many comparable products exist; I own NARS Sabrina and love it *except* for the SPF taste. I love the color it provides (a milky sheer pink) and the overall feel. This Dior balm is just not unique enough to warrant $28; if it had a consistent color that was not going to change on each person, i'd give it a higher rating because at least you know what you're getting.
I'll stick with Sabrina for now.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by megrisen

This is a very nice lip balm. It feels light and creamy on the lips, maybe a bit too light, or maybe I'm just used to sticky glosses. Anyway, it feels moisturizing. Packaging is beautiful, even the box it comes in. The color it gives is subtle on me. I am very fair and was afraid it might be too pink, but it looks kind of like a child's lips, just naturally pigmented. I like this, but I won't pay full price for it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by maxdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Christ on a pony this stuff is awesome. For reals if you told me I'd pay 30+ CAD for a balm I would have thought you had lost your mind. But I would. Again and again and again. This is a lovely YLBB on me, not sticky, not smelly not yucky at all. I love it with my whole heart.

damn you Dior. DAMN YOU!

21 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is wonderful. First of all, it is packaged so adorable and so sleek in a see-through pink casing with the signature Dior silver "knob" on top. TOO CUTE!! The balm itself looks pale, iridescent pink, like it won't show up on the lips, but like the packaging says, it shows up differently on everyone. On me it was the PERFECT YLBB with plenty of shine and just the right amount of color. It is soooo moisturizing, too! It is not sticky or tacky, it is VERY light and comfortable to wear- just like a lip balm should be. I don't know how to describe it- it just makes my lips look so gorgeous, yet understated, KWIM? LOVE it!

P.S. I just noticed it had a small (10) SPF in it which I would have never guessed because I HATE the smell or tatse of anything with sunscreen in it. Just FYI :)

P.P.S. I just bought the Dior Creme De Rose lip balm in the little jar and it is WAAAY more moisturizing than this stuff. Not saying that this isn't moisturizing, because it is, but if you're looking for more of a treatment, like say for at night, the CdR might be the one to use for night, and this would be great for days when you need a nice sheer color as well as moisture :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by everyday_art

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful package. Just loved the pink of the tube and product but it looked almost purple on my lips. It is very moisturizing and I will use this during the winter, but would prefer more of a peach/pink tint.