E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.4

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 4/28/2013 4:12:00 PM

This product is easy to work with and such a good price! For first time users this is a great product. It looks natural and the brush it comes with is actually very good. My only gripe is that it doesn't last all day. I don't ever use a lot of it, as my brows are fairly full they just need a little definition in the front near my nose. And it's very upsetting because I wish it lasted. I just find it wears off and by the end of the day when I come home from school it doesn't look like I had anything on. It wears off nicely however, not patchy or dry. But it wears off. It's unfortunate because I really do like it. I am blonde and I originally looked for the Ash kit but I got medium and surprisingly it doesn't look too dark. Keep in mind my skin is extremely combination, so maybe if you have normal to dry skin it would last. So I'm going to give this to my mom, who has darker hair and needs to fill in her brows but doesn't know how. Perfect for beginners and the price is so good i don't mind that I bought it and don't use it.

on 4/24/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I almost got shoved into buying a $30 eyebrow pencil from a dior SA last time I was at macy's. even with a 20% voucher I couldn't fork over my hard earned cash for it.

I still really needed something to fill in my eyebrows...they're really low maintenance - just pluck a few stray hairs that try to grow back every now and then but they're kinda tapper out and become sparse at the tail end. in flash photography it's like half of my eyebrow goes missing.

I've never used a brow product before and have been on the search for one. this elf bow kit received so many positive reviews, I just had to give it a go!

I was a bit worried that I would end up with derpy looking brows but this kit is fool proof. I actually like the brush that comes with it - one side is thin and meant to be used with the gel/cream and the other end is fluffy to be used with the powder.

there's one key thing to note when applying this guy - start at the middle of the brow and work outward towards the tail...if you start right at the front it can look a bit too prominent. with a few light strokes of the gel and a pat of the powder, my brows look nice a polished!

for $3, this guy is awesome. I use the the dark brown kit and it looks very natural against my black eyebrows :D

on 4/19/2013 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is awesome!! and only 3$!! There are name brand ones that cost 30$ and do the same thing! The brush sucks so I use my own angled brush. and everytime I find it in the store they only have dark or medium, and i need the light one. But i get the medium and use a light hand its 3$ how can you beat it! I recomend highly!

on 4/19/2013 10:29:00 AM

Confession time, I've never filled in my brows. I get them waxed every so often but filling them in? Never did it. Saw the awesome reviews for this product so I found the medium one at Target. At first, I was filling in my freshly waxed brows and thought I looked...weird. I'm not used to having filled in brows! But then I caught my reflection in the mirror and realized that I looked somewhat different. It seemed to brighten up my face. Maybe I'm nuts, who knows anymore. I'm sure this little compact will last forever but I will repurchase!

on 4/19/2013 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

You can find this at Target, but our local Target had only a small display of ELF pushed to the very back of the cosmetic section. And they only carried MEDIUM, which is what I am reviewing. This is a powder on the right, a gel on the left. The medium is a taupe almost the same color as Mac Omega. The gel is darker, somewhat translucent and a tad redder but not terribly so (I hate reddish brow products.) I have dark, ashy deep brunette hair and dark brows and pale skin. The darkest shades are too deep and make "Groucho" brows. This is just about perfect--a tad darker on the gel than I like but wearable. The brushes are a bit feeble but the product is a slam-dunk and under five bucks? Wow. Packaging looks like Nars without the rubberized coating. It's a winner.

on 4/10/2013 6:21:00 AM

To be honest, it's not a bad choice as a bargain, but for a black hair asian girl, it's such a pity that they don't have proper color for me. :( The dark one is too red....

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Only good thing I can say about this product is that the gel isn't bad but I don't find myself reaching for it. I hate the powder side; it's too red toned for me plus it's really chalky. When I dipped my angles brush into it, powder went flying everywhere. Product maybe inexpensive but I wouldn't repurchase this again.

Have this is 20723 and absolutely love it! My eyebrows are a bit strangely shaped (have a scar on my left eyebrow so the two sides are uneven) and this product really helps to prettify and clean up my brows. Find myself using mostly the gel part to set my eyebrows and I must say, it lasts quite long. Pretty cheap too for what it is. The brush inside the kit is also serviceable.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have the e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit in 81303 Dark & I love it; it's the perfect product to use to darken &/or define my brows. I use it more than any other eyebrow kits - even the nicer, more expensive ones. It's part of my daily face routine & it's honestly a great product despite it being only $3. I like that there is a little mirror included in the compact, but the brush could be better size-wise. I'm always sticking my finger into power or wax because it's so tiny & hard to hold. It's basically the size of those disposable eyeshadow applicators. Anyway, the wax end is really nice & the perfect shape to do my brows. I enjoy the powder too because it cuts down the shine of the wax & my oily skin. I'd buy this again & it'll have to be soon because I've hit pan!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow! One of the best ELF products at least for me!
So, as you probably already know, it comes in beautiful sleek, typical-for-ELF-studio-line-inspired-by-NARS packaging. You get 2g (i guess, don't have it here right now) of product.
So, you have two different products in the little box you buy. A powder and a gel or wax or however you want to call it.
Both of them are REALLY pigmented, i was like.. WOWOWOW!
I have thick and relatively good shape of eyebrows, so i just want to fill'em a bit everyday. I just use the powder part of the DARK colour to fill my brows, it's enough. For some dramatic look, i'd go for the gel and i'd fix it with the powder then.
I don't use the small brush that it comes with but no-named small point-really-tiny brush, that is round and not as fluffy as the one that it comes with, but has a long handle so it's much easier to work with it.
Anyways, the colours are little bit weird. The DARK one is not that dark, the gel maybe but the powder is med-dark brown with warmer tones, i'd prefer something darker and little bit cooler. Actually, the colour difference between these two things is really huge.
Anyways, it's perfect!