November 28, 2014 | 1252 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Gunia14

This bronzer smells great. No doubt about that. But in terms of how it looks on my face, it looks sorta orange-ish on me? even tho it looks hardcore brown in the pan. The packaging is really cute and sturdy. but i dont understand. Regardless if i put it on with a heavy or light hand, it just doesnt work for me. i tried using it for contouring. its not that bad, but i feel like bobbi brown matte bronzing powder works better for me.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by leeshy321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i absolutly love this bronzer! ive had it for quite some time and i wear it everyday so you get your moneys worth out of it. its matte so my face isnt shimmering in the sunlight and the name suits it.. it smells like chocolate yumm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was in sephora with a group of my friends who arnt in to make up as much as i am.
I have been re searching a matte bronzer for a while now that would be possible to apply on my EXTREMLY fair skin. It was originaly between this and tarte matte waterproof bronzer. When i swatched them on my hand for the first time the tarte was wayyy to orange (which was the one i was going to get). my friends were like ew get the to faced. The too faced smelt good, wasnt orange, very pigmented. I got one of the SA to apply this to my one side as lightly as she could. My friends were in shock. NO! they all said. This was soooo dark. for me. I asked her to then try the benefit hoola which i heard bad reviews, but was the only matte bronzer that would be lighter. so the SA put on the hoola looked amazing on me! My friends were like omg this is your bronzer, your cheeks look so defined and its a great color. So i am now going to order the hoola.

This is an amazing bronzer if you have medium or even light skin. But for the most pale of pale, there is no way this could work for you if your close to being as light as me. I know alot of these reviews say oh this will work for light tones as well. Well us white white girls know were not light.We are white. If you have a hard time getting the lightest foundation shades to match you perfectly, pass on this. Try out hoola by benefit. Its not as pigmented but it wont look super dark and its not orange at all.
I gave this a 4 because it is a great bronzer, just not for really light gals.
This review is coming from 5 girls as well. All my friends loved the hoola and hated this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by trish79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried nearly every bronzer out there and this one is by far the best!! Very natural looking bronze look, without the shimmer, which I love. And it smells great too! Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by JennieT2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great matte bronzer. it applies very smooth and is easily blendable. The smell is a very cute touch-definitely smells just like cocoa. i use this everyday-when i first started using this i was ~NC/W 15 and now i am ~NC/W 25 and it worked well when i was fair and now tanner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I HAVE to write a review for this product. Even though the price sucks (got mine on Amazon for $27), the quality is amazing. At first I had slight buyer's remorse because - in the pan - it looks nearly identical to NYC's Sunny bronzer, which only costs $3. However, Sunny is slightly more golden, whereas Chocolate Soleil is a true bronze (both are completely matte). Chocolate Soleil is also FAR more pigmented than Sunny. If you're fair like me (NW15), then beware of getting too much of this product on your brush or you'll end up looking muddy. Just a little goes a long way! Chocolate Soleil blends well, smells incredible (just like cocoa), doesn't break me out (I'm acne-prone), and it's so pigmented that it will probably last me years. Best of all, of course, is the color. As I said, it's a true bronze with virtually no shimmer. Of all the bronzers I've tried (including NARS Laguna and MAC Refined Golden), Chocolate Soleil beats them all, hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by DomiEmi

I really like this bronzer! I look the way I used to look when I was under the sun, way back when. It lasts about 4-5 hours on me, I wish it would last a little longer. The reviews were right about this product, don't forget to blend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by lalaland

Although I live in Miami, I rarely have a tan or pretty much any sign of being near the sun. I don't necessarily use bronzers for a faux tan but a touch of color when my face looks flat after foundation. I have NARS Laguna, some Milani bronzer (I think Sunset duo?) and Bare Escentuals Faux Tan. I really enjoy them all but I wanted to try something more matte than Laguna and less red than Faux Tan and heard that this was a good bronzer. I don't think it smells like chocolate and can't put my finger on what it reminds me of but it is nice, nothing spectacular. It is not too red but I still would not use it for contouring, especially since my cheeks tend to be too rosy. Really nice finish and all around good bronzer. I also like the packaging alot, not sure why.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

CS works very well for me when I am tan (NC35) but not so much when I'm in my natural state (NC20). It's quite pigmented so I have to use a light hand and build up gradually otherwise I get a muddy/dirty look. I really like it when I'm tan as it gives me a naturally bronzed look and warms up my skin. I use it mainly for contouring as it's matte. When I'm an NC20 it looks awful for contouring, pulls slightly orange and muddy. Benefit Hoola looks better when I'm lighter.

It is made from real cocoa but I find the scent to be rather off putting as it's pretty overwhelming and strong. I suffer from migraines a lot and if I apply too much of this it definately triggers them off.

Applies nicely but you definately need a good brush and freshly moisturized skin otherwise it can look blotchy. Lasting power is good it doesn't break me out. I like the compact and mirror included also.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore this bronzer! I'm fair, and if I don't wear bronzer I feel washed out. I prefer a matte finish, mostly because it looks more natural but also because it won't emphasize any pores/scars/breakouts. As dark as this product is, I find it looks really natural on me (and by that, I mean natural in a good, "I've got a healthy glow from the sun" way, and not a "this doesn't show up at all" way lol). It is quite pigmented, so I always use a light hand and take some off on the back of my hand, just to be on the safe side. I love the chocolate smell! I don't know what it reminds me of, but it definitely reminds me of some smell from my childhood. Maybe Hershey's cocoa powder? It's quite a bit more expensive than my previous fave bronzer, but it's high quality and worth it, IMO.