December 18, 2014 | 1827 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by fkngabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was in search of a matte, non-orange, bronzer and after reading all the great reviews on here I decided to head to Sephora and try chocolate soleil. The bronzer comes in a gorgeous compact, that includes a mirror and has that typical too faced victorian look, that's one of the reasons I love too faced, all of their packaging is SO CUTE and reminds me of something Marie Antoinette would use (: But just because I love the packaging doesn't mean it instantly gets a high rating from me. So at Sephora I tried several different bronzers including the benefit hoola and decided the chocolate soleil was a better choice for me. Chocolate soleil is a beautiful, pure matte bronzer. There is absolutely no orange that shows up on my skin tone (I'm NW 20) it just leaves a beautiful bronzed look. When I use a self tanner I never use any on my face, so my body is bronzed but I'm left with a pasty face. I love to use this bronzer to lightly sweep on to my face and even out my tan. This also makes an excellent contour color since it's matte. I feel like it's universal and will work nicely as a contour and bronzer, it just depends on how you apply it and how much you use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by wwepoof

Hot chocolate for your face! This product provides the best tan and contour color (and has a delicious smell). You have to test the amount of product you put on your brush to make sure you are getting the perfect amount for your coloring. After you figure out that amount, it is smooth, contour, tan sailing after that. The color of this bronzer makes it look like I stepped off a yacht after tanning under the hot sun in some tropical location. A must have product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by mari4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love the glow it gives and how it smells:)

I am fair/fairly light in foundation and it gives that just perfect glow and its brown, not orange looking. just what I was looking for in a bronzer:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is my favorite bronzer! Its matte so I use it as an all over bronzer for a sun kissed glow or as my contour when I need a little extra cheek bone ;-) it works well for both. The color is a nice brown, no red or orange, imo. I will absolutely by this again but I'm quite sure this will last me a looooong time since I just tap my brush in it and it picks up the right amount of color for my skin tone. For reference I'm NC25 in the winter and can get up to NC 35 in the summer( although I don't really care for mac foundations) and in Nars sheer glow I'm stromboli in summer and punjub in winter. Hope that helps. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I definitely love this product and until I magically get more money, this is my HG bronzer. I have been trying for about 2 years to find a bronzer that doesn't look orange on me and it is much harder than I initially thought. I really like this bronzer not only because it doesn't look orange on my skin tone, N5 with yellow AND pink undertones for reference, it smells delicious. I literally had to stop myself from licking my hand when I first swatched it on myself desperately thinking it would not taste as good as it smells.

This product still takes a light hand because at first it can be easy to put it on to heavy due to what I like to think is a chocolate induced high. On the other hand apparently some people don't like the chocolate smell because the cashier ringing me out made sure I knew it smelled like chocolate because a previous customer returned one angry that it smelled like chocolate.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by kryptonitewhale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As everyone else has said... this smells amazing! But I also love it because it works so well on me, and I'm super pale with freckles so I was scared it would be way too dark. As long as I use a light hand and a fluffy brush this looks amazing. I like that it's matte because if I pair it with a shimmery blush it doesn't get crazy with shimmer, and if I wear it alone it doesn't look fake.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Gunia14

This bronzer smells great. No doubt about that. But in terms of how it looks on my face, it looks sorta orange-ish on me? even tho it looks hardcore brown in the pan. The packaging is really cute and sturdy. but i dont understand. Regardless if i put it on with a heavy or light hand, it just doesnt work for me. i tried using it for contouring. its not that bad, but i feel like bobbi brown matte bronzing powder works better for me.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by leeshy321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i absolutly love this bronzer! ive had it for quite some time and i wear it everyday so you get your moneys worth out of it. its matte so my face isnt shimmering in the sunlight and the name suits it.. it smells like chocolate yumm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was in sephora with a group of my friends who arnt in to make up as much as i am.
I have been re searching a matte bronzer for a while now that would be possible to apply on my EXTREMLY fair skin. It was originaly between this and tarte matte waterproof bronzer. When i swatched them on my hand for the first time the tarte was wayyy to orange (which was the one i was going to get). my friends were like ew get the to faced. The too faced smelt good, wasnt orange, very pigmented. I got one of the SA to apply this to my one side as lightly as she could. My friends were in shock. NO! they all said. This was soooo dark. for me. I asked her to then try the benefit hoola which i heard bad reviews, but was the only matte bronzer that would be lighter. so the SA put on the hoola looked amazing on me! My friends were like omg this is your bronzer, your cheeks look so defined and its a great color. So i am now going to order the hoola.

This is an amazing bronzer if you have medium or even light skin. But for the most pale of pale, there is no way this could work for you if your close to being as light as me. I know alot of these reviews say oh this will work for light tones as well. Well us white white girls know were not light.We are white. If you have a hard time getting the lightest foundation shades to match you perfectly, pass on this. Try out hoola by benefit. Its not as pigmented but it wont look super dark and its not orange at all.
I gave this a 4 because it is a great bronzer, just not for really light gals.
This review is coming from 5 girls as well. All my friends loved the hoola and hated this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by trish79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried nearly every bronzer out there and this one is by far the best!! Very natural looking bronze look, without the shimmer, which I love. And it smells great too! Highly recommend.