September 2, 2014 | 1776 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by AnastasiaChanel

I love this for contouring! It's a great brown that doesn't pull orange, and it's matte so no sparkles, yay! It's definitely on the pricier side, but you get a nice size so it's not that big of a deal. It smells like (yummy) cocoa in the pan, but it disappears once you apply it, so sensitive noses, don't worry! The packaging is cute, pretty typical of Too Faced. I can't compare it to Hoola, but if you have light-medium to dark skintones and want a brown matte bronzer, you should definitely check this out!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i'm not sure if i like this product lol pros it's matt and it don't look orange

cons can make you look muddy or dirty

i think this product would look good on tan or darker skin tones but if your fair stay away from this and please use this with a very light hand :-/

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by christiina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this bronzer because of all the good reviews on MUA.

I have to say that I am not unimpressed. This bronzer is completely matte. It also does not have any orange tone to it, and is therefore very natural looking. Perfect for all-over or contouring.

However, I find it is VERY pigmented, and you only need a tiny dab into the pan when you put it on (I am an NW20 for reference). IMO, I don't think this would work for those with very pale skintones as I think it would just be way too dark.

The packaging is nice and sturdy, has a big full mirror and clips shut tightly. I also do enjoy the smell of it. I can see how the smell might be repulsive to others though.

I've said I will buy it again, but I'm not 100% sure if I would because I'm not sure if it is worth the price. I think there are some drugstore bronzers like the Rimmel Natural Bronzer that are comparable and are less than a quarter of the price. I also want to try the Cargo matte bronzer, which is about 3/4ths the price. But I'll have to see how I feel if/when I finish it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by sierralynn992

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best bronzer by far! Perfect matte bronzer thats highly pigmented and packaging is great. The smell of the coco is amazing! I love putting this on every morning!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Honey87

This is a great bronzer for light medium (Jlo/Eva Mendes) to darker girls. I really needed a matte bronzer and couldn't seem to find one anywhere! I then found this thank goodness! Everytime I wear it people tell me I am glowing. The colour goes on really well and the compact has a mirror too so it's very convenient. The cocoa bean smell adds a delicious touch.

The only negative is the price. 19.50 when it doesn't even come with service! Brands like MAC etc charge those sorts of prices but they have sales assistants to pay. This was just on the shelf at Boots. That was the only negative. However overall I am very happy with the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by drea1910

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best and most natural bronzer I have ever used. I exchanged the bare minerals faux tan for this and i am so glad I did. I've used Laura gellar bronze and brighten, benefit hoola, smashbox suntan matte, and some others and this by far gives the most natural look to my medium skintone. I've been using the hoola for almost a year now and was kinda getting tired of it. I can say the hoola has more of a yellowish undertone where the chocolate soleil is a true brown and even makes the texture of my very very oily skin look better. Its awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I didn't expect much when I bought this because I never have luck with bronzers--they usually make me orange. I was so excited to try this I ran upstairs and applied it over my hours-old makeup. It looked ok but a little muddy. The next day I applied it as the last step in my routine. I used the Ecotools finishing skunk and just lightly dusted it over my face. WOW!!! I could not believe what a glow it gave! It added a nice flush of color to my face but not too orange-y or brown for the end of winter. It was seriously my skintone but better. And as a plus for us oily, large pored girls--NO SHIMMER!!! I can't tell you how many shimmery, orange-y bronzers I have tried and rejected.
It is easy to overdo it on this and you do have to use a light hand and a the right brush-anything too dense it going to go on patchy and look muddy.
The smell reminds me of Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa packets, which I like but YMMV. The price is a little yipes but I see this lasting me a long time. I used to use Essence Matte Bronzer but this is SO much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by themakeupmaven

I am on my second compact of this. I love the bronzer - I am very fair, and this does ot look muddy on me, and it's matte. It smells like cocoa, so it's amazing. I had the top half of the compact come off about halfway through the first one though, and was loose before that.

May have been a defect. I will continue to buy none-the-less, because the product works amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Pernii

My favourite!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by PopRocksAndGummiBears

Most bronzers turn orange on me so i didnt have much hope when i bought this. I love the packaging & the smell is amazing. It is so pigmented and doesnt turn orange at all... i love it! I pair this with too faced pink leopard and its the perfect pair! I wear NW20 so i dont have to wear that much for it to show. The only bad thing is it can look muddy if you apply too much since its pure brown & no orange tones. I will buy this again if i ever run out