Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 6/11/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Best bronzer! Its matte, smells (and taste) good! It literally is the best color, not orange at all. It also lasts FOREVER. I've had it for over a year and I still dont have dent in the pan. This is the only bronzer I will ever use!!!

on 6/11/2012 7:14:00 PM

I really like this bronzer because it gives my face a nice touch of color without looking orange or too dark and it also doesn't have glitter in it that gets all over your face when you use it. The chocolate smell really is a nice touch because I hate when I am using a bronzer and it has that awful powder smell. Only con is I wish it wasn't so expensive.

on 6/11/2012 7:06:00 PM

I love this bronzer. It looks great on any skin tone without looking orange. The smell of chocolate is also a nice touch. It's a wonderful item to contour with. It's just so expensive! I don't think that any bronzer should be 35 dollars unless it has a diamond ring inside or something.

on 6/11/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Great matte bronzer. Dark, but if you use a light touch you should be fine. Great for contouring as well as all over bronzing. I love the lack of shimmer. Smells amazing, packaging is cute and functional. Try it!

on 5/26/2012 10:22:00 PM

Love Love Love! I recently decided to change up my bronzer because I have been using Laguna from Nars for the last 3 years. I love this bronzer because it smells SO good and through out the day you get whiffs of cocoa and its just amazing. The color pay off is awesome, I just have to tap my brush in the bronzer instead of digging my brush into the bronzer like others I've used. It comes out brown no orange at all and it is completely matte; I do not like sparkly bronzer on my face ehhhkk! I am relatively fair and it doesn't look to dark on me, but someone a few shades darker than me could definitely use this bronzer as well. Overall, its a great product definitely give it a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

After trying so many bronzers I finally found one that didn't look orange. I am NC 35 and I can use it as a bronzer or to contour as well. I am so glad I got it.

on 5/18/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

FIVE reasons to buy this over Hoola:
1. U get 2g more product for an extra $1
2. U get a full size mirror AND pan so u can put ur own fullsize brush in
3. The box doesn't close on itself when opened like Hoola & it doesn't bulk in your makeup bag either
4. Its a tad darker than Hoola so works better for more skin tones & is ideal for summer (I'm an NC25)
5. It smells heavenly-cocoa powder--chocolateee!
And ofcourse its perfectly matte, not an ounce of shimmer/glitter. A true brown, no orange or red undertones. Its finely milled & super soft to the touch so blends evenly. I'm a DS fan, but Rimmel/NYC sunny just didnt do it as natural looking & yes $29 is a bit much but with a pan lasting a yr, its a longer/ better investment than most foundations!

on 5/17/2012 10:07:00 AM

The best part of my day is when I apply this bronzer. It smells just like cocoa powder, and I take a whiff of it every single day without fault, even though I've used this for more than a month.
The product itself is a total knockout too. I'm NC 20 and don't find this to be that dark. It goes on a bit sheerly compared to the other bronzers I've tried. The perfect shade for contouring, as it looks natural and realistic. Absolutely amazing product.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I disagree with the reviews that this doesn't suit dark skin. I am anywhere from an NC40-44 and it looks fantastic as a bronzer. I was looking for a bronzer that doesn't lean orange or red because I have golden undertones and wanted something to act strictly as a contour or to warm up my complexion on tanner days. This is the perfect color for my skin tone. This is a matte bronzer with no shimmer and a warm gray based brown. It gives me a wonderful chocolate hershey brown. It's very natural looking shadow. I always seek out a contour with a natural gray undertone to give the most natural looking shadow. I have no issues with blending. There is a fair amount of product in the container. It's large enough compact to get a powder brush in there should you need to. It also smells divine, like cocoa! It's not always about what shade works and what doesn't. It's how YOU work the product. Also, for a great brown smokey eye, this makes the perfect transition color. It's very buildable. For me, this is a hit, I would definitely repurchase.

on 4/24/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I don't see a lot of dark skin reviews. I use this more as a finisher on top of my foundation because it's too light to contour me. I think this is breaking me out though, so I need to find something else.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose