October 24, 2014 | 889 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by achuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

pros:
- love the packaging!
- lovely matte finish
- very easy to blend
- works well with my NC 25-30, asian skin

cons:
- the smell. i'm not particularly sensitive to fragrance but this does have an overwhelmingly sweet fragrance (doesn't really smell like chocolate to me, but more like the Bath and Body Works warm vanilla sugar lotions). the smell does fade quickly, but i really dislike smelling it while i'm applying it
- even though it is matte, which i like for contouring, it just doesn't seem to look as natural on me as NARS laguna

overall, a nice bronzer, but not for me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best bronzer I've tried. I've tried in the past but was mainly using Benefit Hoola and the Bourjois bronzers. The quality of this in comparison to those is brilliant! The Bourjois one was orangey, patchy and the Hoola wasn't dark enough. TF Chocolate Soleil is the perfect colour for my NC30/35 golden toned skin - it's pure brown without any red, orange or pink tones to it. The powder is very fine so you need to tap off the excess from your brush before applying. It is pigmented so use a fairly light hand. I use it to contour my cheekbones and nose and it looks so natural yet gives me nicely sculpted features. Doesn't break me out and the smell is quite nice too, not to mention I'm happy the compact comes with a mirror!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by scorpio3813

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I will now add my glowing review of Too Faced Chocolate Soleil! I've used every bronzer under the sun (no pun intended). Most are too sparkly/glittery, or have too much orange in them, or they're so light they don't "bronze" anything. This has ZERO orange in it and ZERO glitter. It's brown....plain and simple. Smells divine (as long as you like chocolate) and goes on like a dream. I'm using a finishing kabuki to apply it because you really can't apply with a heavy hand. Will definitely repurchase, should I ever need to.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by missashleexoxo

i LOVE this bronzer!! its such a luxurious product - its smells like Chocolate and you can actually eat it!! love showing it to clients :) it applies well and is a good all round colour which i use for contouring. rich pigmentation, packaging is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obsessed with this fantastic smelling bronzer! I love that it's matte, but doesn't look flat or have any orange or pink undertones. Being of fair complexion I do find this quite pigmented so a little bit goes a long way and it doesn't fade or look muddy throughout the day. Not only do I use this to bronze and add a glow to my face, but I can use it as a contour powder. Love when I acquire products with more then one purpose. Super thrilled with my purchase and would recommend this item!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

I FINALLY FOUND A BRONZER THAT DOESNT MAKE ME ORANGE!
skin color nc 40 / 42 or MUFE 153! i love this bronzer, smells amazing and looks great on my skin without making me look like orange or shimmery! :) i find this one even better than Benefit hoola :!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite bronzer. I actually like it better than my Nars Laguna. I love the fact that the color doesn't look muddy or orange on my skin. Even if it's matte, it doesn't look flat. No streaks, just blends beautifully with all my blushes. Sometimes I wear it alone for contour (great for black and white pictures). I'd buy this again if I finish mine. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

So far I am very excited about this bronzer. At first I thought it would be too dark on my fair skin but does not really seem to be. I had purchased Bobbi Brown brozer in Golden Light before and this just wasnt working for me - I don't want something to be so subtle, its barely noticeable. So after trying several other bronzers at Sephora, I exchanged for this one. The color is a golden brown, no orange tones here. Its buildable, so you can go light with it or heavy - and it has a nice cocoa, chocolate scent. Also I think the packaging is cute, and this is also matte, no shimmer! So I am excited to have this as a new addition to my makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by AnastasiaChanel

I love this for contouring! It's a great brown that doesn't pull orange, and it's matte so no sparkles, yay! It's definitely on the pricier side, but you get a nice size so it's not that big of a deal. It smells like (yummy) cocoa in the pan, but it disappears once you apply it, so sensitive noses, don't worry! The packaging is cute, pretty typical of Too Faced. I can't compare it to Hoola, but if you have light-medium to dark skintones and want a brown matte bronzer, you should definitely check this out!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i'm not sure if i like this product lol pros it's matt and it don't look orange

cons can make you look muddy or dirty

i think this product would look good on tan or darker skin tones but if your fair stay away from this and please use this with a very light hand :-/