Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 5/18/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

FIVE reasons to buy this over Hoola:
1. U get 2g more product for an extra $1
2. U get a full size mirror AND pan so u can put ur own fullsize brush in
3. The box doesn't close on itself when opened like Hoola & it doesn't bulk in your makeup bag either
4. Its a tad darker than Hoola so works better for more skin tones & is ideal for summer (I'm an NC25)
5. It smells heavenly-cocoa powder--chocolateee!
And ofcourse its perfectly matte, not an ounce of shimmer/glitter. A true brown, no orange or red undertones. Its finely milled & super soft to the touch so blends evenly. I'm a DS fan, but Rimmel/NYC sunny just didnt do it as natural looking & yes $29 is a bit much but with a pan lasting a yr, its a longer/ better investment than most foundations!

on 5/17/2012 10:07:00 AM

The best part of my day is when I apply this bronzer. It smells just like cocoa powder, and I take a whiff of it every single day without fault, even though I've used this for more than a month.
The product itself is a total knockout too. I'm NC 20 and don't find this to be that dark. It goes on a bit sheerly compared to the other bronzers I've tried. The perfect shade for contouring, as it looks natural and realistic. Absolutely amazing product.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I disagree with the reviews that this doesn't suit dark skin. I am anywhere from an NC40-44 and it looks fantastic as a bronzer. I was looking for a bronzer that doesn't lean orange or red because I have golden undertones and wanted something to act strictly as a contour or to warm up my complexion on tanner days. This is the perfect color for my skin tone. This is a matte bronzer with no shimmer and a warm gray based brown. It gives me a wonderful chocolate hershey brown. It's very natural looking shadow. I always seek out a contour with a natural gray undertone to give the most natural looking shadow. I have no issues with blending. There is a fair amount of product in the container. It's large enough compact to get a powder brush in there should you need to. It also smells divine, like cocoa! It's not always about what shade works and what doesn't. It's how YOU work the product. Also, for a great brown smokey eye, this makes the perfect transition color. It's very buildable. For me, this is a hit, I would definitely repurchase.

on 4/24/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I don't see a lot of dark skin reviews. I use this more as a finisher on top of my foundation because it's too light to contour me. I think this is breaking me out though, so I need to find something else.

on 4/24/2012 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

UPDATE 9/6/12 - Still using pretty much everyday! Still in love, still my HG and I haven't even hit pan yet!! This stuff is amazing!!!

Holy moly this bronzer is PERFECT for contouring!!! It has no orange undertones and no shimmer! It looks very natural on my medium toned skin and I think it would actually look good on anyone because u can use it very lightly or build it up for a darker color.......it's just perfect and I'm in love!! The chocolate smell is very light.... I do smell a little hint of cocoa in the pan but since I only really use it to contour my cheeks I can't smell it after its applied. My face is very sensitive and this hasn't caused any break outs or negative reactions. It's a little pricey, I think I paid like $30 for it but it's gonna last me a very long time since its very pigmented and I only use a little at a time. If your looking for a matte truly brown bronzer (especially to use for contouring) THIS IS IT. I tried MAC's Harmony but it broke me out (like most MAC powders do) and the color wasn't that great on me. I also have NYC Sunny bronzer but I think it makes me look 'dirty' since it has those orange tones in it that bronzers usually have :/ So this one is a definite HG bronzer for me!!!

on 4/22/2012 4:49:00 PM

I am on the fence about this bronzer. I do use it occasionally, however never feel it blends quite as well as either Laguna by Nars or Harmony by MAC. It's not that its muddy colored necessarily but just that it doesn't seem to blend out without a lot of work. Perhaps my skin color is not compatible with it or the consistency doesn't work with my complexion - and I admit I try to use it some but doubt I will ever hit pan. If you are thinking of purchasing this - it is expensive - try some on your face before you buy.

on 4/15/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

texture and steadiness might be really good..
but the color is just not for me,.... too dark

on 3/24/2012 6:14:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG bronzer. I have tried SO many being that I am extremely pale (NC10-15). This is the only one that does not look orange on me. It is actually a brown-toned bronzer instead of ORANGE! I feel like orange under-toned bronzers work for darker skin tones, but when you're as pale as I am, you might as well be putting the bronzer on a white face: it is going to show up the EXACT color that the bronzer is. And this bronzer is the actual color of being TAN, not an Oompa-Loompa! And as if it's not good enough, it smells like freaking COCOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG sooooooo delicious smelling!!!! LOVE THIS STUFF!

on 3/16/2012 12:12:00 AM

My second all-time favourite bronzer! I absolutely love how it doesn't make my face turn orange and looks much more natural than the other bronzers I've tried. It smells great, looks great, and isn't heavy at all. Other brands tend to dry out my face and cause break-outs. This, on the other hand, doesn't do that. It sucks that its super expensive, but it lasts me a lonnnnnnng time! So, it's worth it in my opinion ;)

on 3/3/2012 1:26:00 PM

"Something about you.. just the way your face smells and I know it's not perfume.. drives me crazy!" This is what the guy I was seeing told me when I was wearing this stuff. Nuff said'. He think's its my pheromones, I know it's the Delicious Chocolate Soleil! Haha. This stuff smells so good!
It's a pretty, dark bronze color. No orange or peachy tones. Very.. brown. I'm pretty fair so I use it more often for contouring but it would look great on skin tones a little darker or peachier than mine. Matte. No sparkles (which I love). Goes on very smoothly. I recommend, ladies.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose