Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 3/16/2012 12:12:00 AM

My second all-time favourite bronzer! I absolutely love how it doesn't make my face turn orange and looks much more natural than the other bronzers I've tried. It smells great, looks great, and isn't heavy at all. Other brands tend to dry out my face and cause break-outs. This, on the other hand, doesn't do that. It sucks that its super expensive, but it lasts me a lonnnnnnng time! So, it's worth it in my opinion ;)

on 3/3/2012 1:26:00 PM

"Something about you.. just the way your face smells and I know it's not perfume.. drives me crazy!" This is what the guy I was seeing told me when I was wearing this stuff. Nuff said'. He think's its my pheromones, I know it's the Delicious Chocolate Soleil! Haha. This stuff smells so good!
It's a pretty, dark bronze color. No orange or peachy tones. Very.. brown. I'm pretty fair so I use it more often for contouring but it would look great on skin tones a little darker or peachier than mine. Matte. No sparkles (which I love). Goes on very smoothly. I recommend, ladies.

on 3/2/2012 1:00:00 AM

Beautiful for contouring, and smells wonderful to boot!
This doesn't come up orange on me at all, and I love that it's a matte formula. When I use this in photos, my normally fairly flat face looks full of dimension.

on 2/23/2012 6:48:00 PM

As a BRONZER this one seems too orange for my pale skin which is why I give it an average rating. However, I use it as an EYESHADOW and it looks lovely on my blue (sometimes green?) eyes, so as an eyeshadow I would rate it 5. Normally, eyeshadows with orange and especially red tones (most browns), makes me look tired and I try to avoid them. They seem too heavy for me and drag my eyes downward instead of making me look awake. But this bronzer gives my eyes a lift! It has just the right intensity, color and tone that suits my eye and skin color perfectly! It makes me look bronzed. I apply it on my eyelids, into the crease and on my lower lashline. To add drama I use charcoal brown from MAC on the outer V or outer crease. If you find most eyeshadows too heavy or red and if you have blue-green eyes, try this product. I would buy it again as an eyeshadow, not as a bronzer.

on 2/18/2012 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This product does what it is supposed to do very well. It smells a little like chocolate. I love the way it smells! although it looks very dark in the pan, it doesn't translate as dark on the skin. This is a soft, easy to blend bronzer that won't leave you looking like a loompa loompa :) There is no shimmer to this bronzer. It is not cheap (Too Faced products are not cheap), it is a ME (medium end) if that makes sense. I use it mostly in the winter time. It is one of my favorites and I'll use it til it is GONE!

on 2/18/2012 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is an excellent all purpose bronzer that is good for both tanning up the skin and contouring. I heard other people talking this up but was never tempted to get it since it looked like a really deep chocolate brown in the pan that would just look crazy gains my NC25 skintone. Don't be fooled because the color you see in the pan is soo different that what you actually get. While the product is pigmented, the color comes out to a very natural, blendable, neutral tan that sits perfectly in the middle between not too yellow based and not too red based. I don't care for most bronzers on the market because they then to lean more yellow/orange based. This bronzer has a bit of red in it as well to balance the yellow/orange, making it rather close to a neutral tan color. It can be blended down to a very nice, believable and natural contour and can also be built up to a great tan. Even against my skintone, it looks rather natural unless built up. I use bronzers/contour powders on a daily basis in the hollow of the cheeks and under the chin for a contouring effect.

For contouring, I generally favor something with a hint of gray since natural shadows on the skin are cooler with a bit of gray undertone like NYX taupe or Mac Harmony & Strada. Although Chocolate Soleil lacks that gray undertone and is a tad warmer than the great contouring colors mentioned, it still works very well for contouring, especially when not built up to a fuller intensity. It also works well as a really believable color for a bronzer, much more so than most I've tried on the market. I am also extremely acne-prone and I checked through the ingredient list to make sure there was no offensive comedogenic ingredients in this product. I've been using it daily for weeks now and it has not broken me out in the areas where I apply this, which has happened before with other bronzers. It is rather pricy at about $30 but it comes with 10grams of product. It is rather pigmented as well so it will last a very long time and in that way its actually a good value for money. I would highly recommend getting this product since it is such a good multi-purpose bronzer/contouring powder. Don't be dissuaded from getting it if you are light/medium skin since it really is nowhere near as dark as it seems in the pan.

on 1/31/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Loved this product so much, Love the color and smell. Nice matte brown and looks natural on my NW-25 skin. Only con is it contains Ethylhexyl Palmitate which cause little white heads..gross. Unfortunately, I will not repurchase.

on 1/22/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this bronzer alot, the chocolate smell of course makes it more appealing! The packaging is nice and hardwearing too. As i am clumsy, ive dropped it many times and it hasnt cracked! Its a lovely contouring powder and isnt too orangey. However this is better suited to light/medium skintones. Im super pale, pretty much nw15 and i have to use the smallest amount or i look majorly orange (happened a few times!) still really good product.

I LOVE this product! I love the way it smells! I'm about an NC25, and I use this for contouring. It's a very deep, matte formula, so it's perfect for this. It also wears well throughout the day. They could make the package a little bit thinner for more convenience, but overall, A+!

on 1/10/2012 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

My all time favorite bronzer. It's matte, perfect for subtle bronzer and great for contouring. I am NC30/35 and I don't think its too dark for my skin color. This is a straight brown, which I LOVE. My other bronzers have a orange or reddish tinge to it which is horrible for me when i have a sensitive red face anyway. I have to mention the smell, LOVE it. i was hoping for major chocolate but no the smell is subtle too.

Popular Bronzers

HOOLA
Chocolate Soleil
Laguna
Bahama Mama

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose