Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 7/17/2012 9:22:00 PM

Hands down, best bronzer of all time. Easily my HG bronzer, and while I have (and love) other ones, if I had to pick, I will always choose this over any of them.

**I am not sure if they made Chocolate Soleil darker recently, because mine is a few years old and not that dark at all. It's got great pigmentation - I have NW20 skin and its nowhere near "too dark" for me. I wouldn't ever dream of getting Milk Chocolate Soleil because the color of the original is perfect - anything lighter would too light.

The formula is very soft, with no powder or fallout, and pigmented without being too dark. It doesn't have any orange-y undertones, so it makes a fabulous contour color. I also use this as an all over bronzer, either on my cheekbones instead of a blush (or with it for extra oomph) or all over my face and neck if I want to be darker. It blends like a dream, and I love that it looks really natural if I want to use it all over and make my face 1-3 shades darker. It's buildable, so it works perfectly for that. I like it better than NARS Laguna (a tad orange-y and its got shimmer, which isn't bad but you CAN"T use it all over) and Benefit Hoola, which I find to be very muddy.

Even though its almost $30 new, I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out - even if it's just for the heavenly smell.

on 7/8/2012 5:35:00 PM

Love love love! I was new to bronzer when I had bought this, the only ones I had tried were BM warmth because it came in a kit and a few drugstore ones that all were shimmery or pulled orange. Before I bought this I was debating between this and benefits hoola bronzer. I have never actually tried hoola and the reviews here and on yt were very close and I believe they are the same price. However, a few reviews on hoola said it could look muddy, but again I never tried it. The cute practical packaging was also a factor in my decision. I'm around NC25 right now and use it with a fluffy brush so it does not look too dark or harsh. My face is lighter than the rest of my body and this helps to even my color. I had purchased this before I had knew about the milk chocolate which I hear is better for lighter skin tones, because this one is so dark, but I'm glad I bought it. In the winter I can use less or lighten it up by blending it out after. I also hear that there are some new cheaper matte bronzers out there now like nyx and revlon, but I don't need more than one, I know this one will last forever, plus I love it.
***Update***
I wrote my original review in July and it is now December (almost Jan.) and I still love this even in winter. I have to say I do not wear makeup everyday, but everytime I do wear makeup this bronzer is a must have! It is especially essential becasue my face has become even more pale than the rest of me. I also wanted to add that it is still going strong and I have not hit pan, if I ever run out (I'm sure I will), I would re-buy over and over! I just love the ways this pulls together my look it gives me a sunkissed color, but nothing too outrageous for winter.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can't say enough good things about this bronzer. It's matte, it smells good, it gives me just the right amount of color without looking orange. I use the Too Faced Bronze Buki brush to apply it, and it blends perfectly.

on 7/3/2012 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in Spain a couple of months ago since they don't sell this over the counter in my country. It had been raved and gushed about EVERYWHERE, and I was so excited to try it out.

It was a bit on the expensive side, but not that bad compared to the bronzing powder from Guerlain I bought the day before (yes, I have a problem). So on to the product itself: it's totally matte, and a deep, dark brown - so rare compared to the other bronzers out there who are either too shimmery or too orange. But you see, the dark color and the mattness of the product kind of scared me. But I learned it was all in the application. People say this works better with a large and fluffy brush, but I picked up my MAC 109, picked it up carefully, brushed it onto my face, and loved the result. It contoured my face perfectly, and with a light hand, it looked surprisingly natural. But that's the bad part about this product - if you're unexperienced and are used, lets say, laguna bronzer from Nars, wich gives off less product, you can and probably will end up looking like Snookie on a very, very bad day. The product is fantastic - it's the application and the brush that makes the difference between disaster and a gloriously tanned skin.

Buy it, apply it, and love it - I'm pale as casper, and no one can tell that I'm faking my slightly tanned complexion when i'm using this. HG fo sho!

on 6/30/2012 3:02:00 PM

I have a light yellow underton skin , I hate this bronzer , first of all , it looks too dark for a bronzer , maybe ok for a contour , BUT the most terrible thing is , this bronzer break me out where I put it through my face , specailly my cheek bone !!!!!!! I've red lots of reviews saying how amazing it is ,only very few people like me , the skin is broken out !
IT'S TERRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 6/25/2012 12:40:00 PM

Whenever I heard people rave about how wonderful this smells, I was always like "pshaw...yeah right'. But, I finally caved and bought this online and HOLD THE PHONE. Everyone was right! Smells like pressed cocoa powder in a compact!

The product itself is amazing. So finely milled and pigmented. It gives me a natural bronzed look and adds definition to my face when contouring.

There is absolutely no powdery fall out when you swirl your brush in it. That's incredible!

I will 100% purchase this again.

on 6/11/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Best bronzer! Its matte, smells (and taste) good! It literally is the best color, not orange at all. It also lasts FOREVER. I've had it for over a year and I still dont have dent in the pan. This is the only bronzer I will ever use!!!

on 6/11/2012 7:14:00 PM

I really like this bronzer because it gives my face a nice touch of color without looking orange or too dark and it also doesn't have glitter in it that gets all over your face when you use it. The chocolate smell really is a nice touch because I hate when I am using a bronzer and it has that awful powder smell. Only con is I wish it wasn't so expensive.

on 6/11/2012 7:06:00 PM

I love this bronzer. It looks great on any skin tone without looking orange. The smell of chocolate is also a nice touch. It's a wonderful item to contour with. It's just so expensive! I don't think that any bronzer should be 35 dollars unless it has a diamond ring inside or something.

on 6/11/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Great matte bronzer. Dark, but if you use a light touch you should be fine. Great for contouring as well as all over bronzing. I love the lack of shimmer. Smells amazing, packaging is cute and functional. Try it!

Popular Bronzers

Sheer Bronzer #1
Laguna
Laguna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose