September 3, 2014 | 1376 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by nyc1027

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best color ever, looks natural and i looovvvee pink and this shade is the best! it goes on nice and smooth too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by essiegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This nail polish is truly beautiful. I love the translucent pink it leaves on your nails. It's fresh and looks feminine but can be worn for any occasion, whether for work or play. The only thing I might complain about this polish is that I find it goes on a bit streaky if I let the first coat dry completely. However I don't have that problem if I apply a second coat seconds after the first. Who knows, it just might be my application technique. Still a gorgeous color. Will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by saribee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a redhead with very fair skin and this just shows up clear on me. I tried applying many layers and it still just comes out clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by miffy2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Another yay for this polish. It is the perfect baby-pink on my nails. I pair it with Essie Marshmallow for a lovely French mani finish. Otherwise it gives the perfect nude finish to my nails. Lasting-power is good but I am still searching for the perfect base coat!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by alliepoj

This is the only pale pink nail polish I would ever use. Everyone talks about "ballet slipper" as the de facto pale pink, but mademoiselle is "it." I can't think of a single skin color this polish does not look amazing on. I can wear it all four seasons (well the 2.5 here in Florida) and it works. I always have a bottle of it on me when I get a manicure- eveb pedicure when I don't feel like worrying about chipping or high maintenance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 9:30:00 PM More reviews by megrisen

My favorite nail polish ever. This is the ONLY shade that ever graces my finger tips. I don't use this on my toes because its so pale, but this ultra sheer pink is perfect for every day sophisticated looking nails. One coat is very sheer, two coats will give you a slightly opaque pale pink. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by StarEyez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it! One of the best sheer neutral shades for my chocolate skin tone. It stays on very well, especially when I use Billionails as a base and top coat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2007 3:03:00 AM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too pink for pale skin. One coat is too sheer and looks like plain old clear, so I went ahead and gave myself a second coat and it was too (sickly sweet) pink. I don't know why my friends and manicurist swears by this, but it's not as great on me as I expected with all the hype. I'm sticking to vanity fairest. I'll use Mademoiselle over Marshmallow to make it a bit more usable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by amyleegal

If you haven't tried this yet, you really should. It's kind of hard to describe, slightly pink, yet sheer, kinda pale, but great. It's kind of like a tinted moisturizer for your nails! And, what I mean is it just kind of gives your nails a slight color, that kind of evens out the natural nail color. I hope this makes sense! I will tell you, every other brand in the world has tried to dupe this, and they just can't. Do yourself a favor and stick with the original. Kinda expensive for nailpolish, considering you can get a cheapo for a buck at the drugstore, but hey it's worth it, and your nails will thank you for it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by colormepink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a real beauty--pinker than I thought I would like for a nude, but, I fell in love with it. Very clean and classy; won't be without this one. Respectfully submitted, colormepink