Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

One of my faves in polish. I have very fair skin - at first i though this polish would get lost next to my fair skin. I have very short nails and short nail beds. One coat of this polish keeps my nails looking very clean and natural. In the summer, when i do tan - this polish is great on my toes - 2 coats.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Yet another over-hyped product. I swapped for this after years of seeing it mentioned in magazines as one the best neutral colored nail polishes on the market. I've tried other Essie nail colors, and while I appreciate that they all go on streak free and have great shine, I don't like the sheerness of them - particularly Mademoiselle. I applied two heavy handed coats of Mademoiselle, and it still looks very blah on me. Maybe this looks better on someone with a warmer skin tone - I'm extremely fair and this color just gets lost next to my skin.

a sheer & shiny light pink that is very clean looking. I normally do not like sheer polishes but I do like this one a whole lot!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very decent! Very pretty polish. This is very,very sheer! I had to layer about 4 to 5x on bare nails to get the look I wanted. However, it is very long lasting, and this color is slow to show chips. Very pretty wearable shade on my light cool toned skin. Builds up to a very very light pinkish nude, just like the bottle advertises, except it is prettier on nails because it has a nice shine. Would buy again.

this is a pretty pale pink nail polish that looks very put together. this is my HG nail polish and my only complaint is the brush is too small. i wish essie made wider brushes like OPI because i prefer essie colors to OPI.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this. There is nothing special about it, its a super sheer baby pink, but it really adds to my clear or glitter topcoats.

I wear it under Chanel Pepite or Chanel Diamond for a natural looking mani. Love it.

It's essie, so of course it's a great product - but the color is just to sheer for me. It looks perfect in the bottle, but I've never been satisfied with the way it looks on. Ballet slippers is much better for me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

great everyday neutral. it lasts long and is the perfect color on toes. this is my fave color and I've used it for 2 yrs.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

very pretty sheer pink. not milky at all and streak free! very smooth application over a base coat. wears well but is too cool-toned for me.

Please allow me to jump on the Madamoiselle bandwagon! This is a beautiful, creamy light pink that looks very natural on my nails. It's perfect for work, since we are not allowed to wear reds (boo!).

I usually use 2 coats, and I *always* get compliments. It's easy to use for this nail newbie and has almost zero streaking. My mani lasted 5 days, no problem. This will definitely be one of my staples!

Top Rated Essie Products