Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 12/24/2007 3:35:00 AM

this is a pretty pale pink nail polish that looks very put together. this is my HG nail polish and my only complaint is the brush is too small. i wish essie made wider brushes like OPI because i prefer essie colors to OPI.

on 11/29/2007 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this. There is nothing special about it, its a super sheer baby pink, but it really adds to my clear or glitter topcoats.

I wear it under Chanel Pepite or Chanel Diamond for a natural looking mani. Love it.

on 11/20/2007 11:09:00 AM

It's essie, so of course it's a great product - but the color is just to sheer for me. It looks perfect in the bottle, but I've never been satisfied with the way it looks on. Ballet slippers is much better for me.

on 10/17/2007 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

great everyday neutral. it lasts long and is the perfect color on toes. this is my fave color and I've used it for 2 yrs.

on 10/17/2007 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

very pretty sheer pink. not milky at all and streak free! very smooth application over a base coat. wears well but is too cool-toned for me.

on 9/22/2007 4:03:00 PM

Please allow me to jump on the Madamoiselle bandwagon! This is a beautiful, creamy light pink that looks very natural on my nails. It's perfect for work, since we are not allowed to wear reds (boo!).

I usually use 2 coats, and I *always* get compliments. It's easy to use for this nail newbie and has almost zero streaking. My mani lasted 5 days, no problem. This will definitely be one of my staples!

I love the natural and clean look of this polish on my toes and fingernails. My bf loves it too! It's easy to apply, but it does take awhile to dry if you're putting on more than 1 coat like i do. A perfect natural and fresh shade!!!

on 9/14/2007 2:04:00 PM

This review is for the shade only. It is not a review of the quality of the nail polish itself.

I love this shade! Wow, this is the perfect shade- absolutely amazing. It's a classy, refined, and elegant shade that would work on any skin tone. It's a perfect sheer light pale baby pink that is subtle and neutral. The tone is quite neutral, but maybe a tiny bit, barely, slightly on the cool side, which is a good because the slightly blue tones make nail tips look less yellow and more white. Very sophisticated and polished look. One layer is very sheer and two layers is a slightly-more-opaque-but-still-sheer light pale baby pink. Out of all the sheer light shades I've tried so far, Mademoiselle looks the best on me. Essie Sugar Daddy was too cool and blue-based that it made my skin look cold. Opi Passion was a little bit warmer and more flesh-toned than I would have preferred. Opi Privacy Please was a bit sheerer, clearer, not as pink, and not as opaque than I would have preferred. Opi Bubble Bath was too white. Mademoiselle was just perfect.

The only thing is that I actually prefer Opi's polish consistency and fabulous new wide brush, which makes Opi so much easier to apply. I wish Opi had an identical version of Mademoiselle. Essie somehow manages to produce the best and most gorgeous sheer light shades. Opi's darker colors (reds) are popular though.

on 9/2/2007 10:23:00 AM

this is the best color ever, looks natural and i looovvvee pink and this shade is the best! it goes on nice and smooth too!

on 8/23/2007 1:29:00 AM

This nail polish is truly beautiful. I love the translucent pink it leaves on your nails. It's fresh and looks feminine but can be worn for any occasion, whether for work or play. The only thing I might complain about this polish is that I find it goes on a bit streaky if I let the first coat dry completely. However I don't have that problem if I apply a second coat seconds after the first. Who knows, it just might be my application technique. Still a gorgeous color. Will buy again.

Popular Polishes