September 22, 2014 | 1921 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jedi_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first face primer I have used. I have nothing else to compare it to.

I use about a pea size amount and dab it all over my face, then I blend it in. Its blends pretty fast. It disappears into my skin (quite literally I've not seen anything like it before). It DOES leave a slight white cast - and I have light olive/tan skin.

I have very oily skin and I actually find this product helps control the oil. At this point I am happy with it - but I am taking off one lippie because the price is ridiculous $60CAD. I will continue to test it and update this review accordingly.

Update: Some days I find this primer does a good job of holding onto my liquid foundation, other days I wonder why I bought it. Lately I've been using mineral foundation powders that literally do not require any primer (seriously, I can't believe it myself). So now that I am saving a step I don't think I'll return to the whole 'primer + foundation' routine ever again. I'm leaving this rating at 4 because this product is elegant in how it looks and feels, and it is low in toxic ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by mer0npan

I went into Mecca looking for a foundation and I came away with this primer as well. When the SA applied it to my face, it just felt so amazing. It was like silk being rubbed all over my face, which is very different to all the primer experiences I have ever had.

That being said, I do agree with the other comments that this primer looked a bit oily on closer inspection and left a white sheen on your face. However, my foundation covered that up no problem and it didn't actually _feel_ oily at all.

It's not a perfect product, but it feels soo amazing and it does a very fine job, so overall, I'm very content with it.

Note: Not a good idea for priming eyes. It's oily-ness didn't really help keep my liquid eyeliner in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by WorkinMom3Sons

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best primer by far to work with Hourglass Foundation. When I first bought Hourglass foundation, I was told I didnt need a primer due to it's formulation so I skipped that step for a while and I am sorry I did. The primer goes on smooth (little goes a long way) and it controls oily shine very well. It's expensive $52, but for me, worth it. I will buy it again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by artiastry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product and one day decided to try it under my foundation. I'm not sure if the sample was enough to convince me to buy this product. There was a trace of white film left on my brown skin which made my face appear extremely ashy. It was also very runny. My foundation covered the ashy look but this product did not live up to it's expectations in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Raeoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AUSTRALIAN REVIEWER: I was given a large sample of this primer. The product doesn't really live up to expectations when it comes to more dry skin types or areas of the face with dry areas this primer makes the skin flakey and rough.

On normal/oily skin it is smooth and feels great on the skin, foundation applies over it well and the results are better. Not worth the pricetag though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by madaket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I so wanted to love this. A primer with physical ss, sign me up. Unfortunately it just fell flat for me. It definitely has the tell-tale shiny white cast from the zinc oxide (and I'm pale to begin with, so the effect is very Morticia) and worst of all, it had zero oil control and my makeup (Laura Mercier Oil Free) was sliding off by noon. I honestly think my skin was oiler than if I had used nothing. It took two blotting sheets to soak it all up. When I went to blot my chin, the blotting sheet actually SLID OFF at first--that is how greasy my skin was. Gross but true.

Packaging is beautiful. Price is off the wall, considering the quality. I'm ready to give up on primers. My makeup looked and lasted better without them. I will probably use it up on my chest, just to get the sun protection. Obviously won't be repurchasing. Sooo disappointed. And a little POed, too, to be honest.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow is all I can say. This makes me look 5-10 years younger. Really keeps your make up on all day and skin looks beautiful. The ONLY thing is the price. However I will probably purchase this again. Its that good. I have never used a primer before so I have nothing to copare it to but this is amazing! Lovely cosistency, best 2 shake before use. I live in Australia so am obsessed with adding spf to my routine, this is a lovely way to do this. I wear EL maximum cover over this and then a tiny bit of strobe cream when i want to glow. The price is CRAZY though!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product makes your face SO silky smooth, but I really can't justify the price tag on this one. Great packaging, smells nice, works wonders....but it isn't a HG therefore not worth $50 to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Texasbrian14

Okay here is the thing all primers do the same thing and we all know what they do. This primer does EXTRA ... 1. ALL NATURAL SUN PROTENCTION (Zinc Oxide - helps with blemishes and helps regulate the production of sebum) 2. Turns any foundation and powder you put on top of it into a water resistant product !!!! Hands down of the the best primers on the market today :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by jennrowe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this primer. I got it as a free try me sample from my sephora order and fell in love. I'm currently using Illamasque matte primer and am sorry to say that I'm not impressed. This primer, even though expensive, is very good at controlling oil during the day. I love the silky almost velvet feeling it leaves on your skin when applying. It is very lightweight and nonclogging to pores. It has not made me break out and lasts all day. As soon as I finish my Illasmaque, I will defientely purchase the full size product. For oily acne prone girls like myself, I would highely recommend giving this a try!!