December 22, 2014 | 1057 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by strongbad

This mascara was only decent for me, which is disappointing considering the price tag. It doesn't lengthen or give much volume, resulting in a natural, daytime lash. This is not for someone looking for dramatic lashes. Second coat must be applied when the mascara is halfway to fully dry otherwise it will clump. Doesn't hold curls very well; I always use my Shu lash curler before mascara, and this one weighs down my curl immediately, albeit not entirely. The SA who sold this to me said it is smudge proof, but I almost always end up with smudges under my eyes by the end of the day. I don't have oily eyes, and my lashes are medium in length and volume. I'm pretty sure there are drugstore brands that are better than this, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a slightly above average mascara.
I do not find the color black enough for my liking.
It does clump if you apply a lot of layers.
Does not lenghten enough

It just gives you an ok look.
Oh and I find that it sometimes leaves a mark under my brows (it stains the skin when I flap my lashes, under certain - more humid - curcumstances).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I bought this on a crazy shopping spree at the dior counter the other day along with dior hydraction cream, TM, nude foundation and one of the new kiss glosses. At first this was ok, the first few times i used it it gave me seperated naturally full lashes. My HG is YSL Faux cils which gives me huge ''fake'' lashes, but this Iconic actually toned that down slightly and gave me great lashes without the 'hugeness' of ysl, also was very very black more so than ysl. BUT it was really hard to remove and i would be pulling and tugging at my eyes to get this off- but then im used to the simple 2 swipes for my faux cils! :) Also by day 4, my lashes started to clump badly and i didnt really get a curl, maybe SLIGHTLY but nothing noticeable and i ended up using an eyelash curler in the end. Overall, this mascara just wasnt for me, it also didnt give me any volume at all. Good for the natural look, because if you start layering this too much you will get clumping, and for people that are more interested in adding length and generally 'blackness/darkness' to their eyes than any volume/huge lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by kmaro

I am really disappointed with this product. The wand is terrible. I was going for very dramatic lashes but all this did was cause my lashes to clump together. It did lengthen them but it seemed to bend my lashes in unwanted shapes (think S on it's side). I found this strange since I had tried it on in store ( using the disposable wand ) and had really liked it. I cleaned the wand off from my badgal mascara and decided to try it with the iconic. Guess what, it worked even better then with the badgal. Conclusion...the formula is good but the applicator is awful. Not worth the money. I love the effect of badgal (by benefit) but it has a tendancy to give me raccoon eyes by the afternoon....any sugestions?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by snwsnw

I really wanted to love this product. Especially for the near thirty dollar price tag. I must be out of my mind. Don't get me wrong; it works really well, doesn't smudge, and curls pretty well. But I ask myself, does it really perform any better than my Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara that was twenty dollars cheaper? I think not. Iconic is almost impossible to remove, as well; even with my oil based and waterproof eye makeup removers. Sigh...what a major disappointment. It's pretty sad when my HE mascara's collect together in my makeup stash at home, yet I have to carry my Max Factor mascara's with me on a daily basis. Need I say more?? I think it also promotes lash fall out since it is sooooo hard to get off...yikes!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Dinlove

This is a decent mascara, but certainly not worth the price.

Pros:

- seperates very well
- curls
- wonderful rich, black color
- good brush
- nice packaging
- very little clumping & no flaking
- okay lengthening [not as good in this area as others I've tried though]

Cons:

- curls doesn't hold more than an hour or two
- almost zero volumizing
- steep price tag

I guess this would be a good one for you if you hvae naturally thick, slightly long lashes and wanted some extra umphh and drama.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Jamie5560

Ok, this is my first experience with the ever-popular Dior Show mascara. I'm kind of wishing I would have tried the original before the Iconic, however I think there was a mix up when I purchased it, and ended up with this one. Let me start out by saying, I am lucky and have long lashes already. But of course, more is better, right? I hated the mascara at first. I thought it gave me "spider lashes". However, once I started to rotate the brush as I applied, it went on much better, and separated the lashes. This mascara adds tremendous length, however does little to nothing for thickness, which is what I really wanted. The original Dior Show may be better for me. However, if length is what you are looking for, this could very well be the perfect mascara for you. The color is very black, and really makes your eyes pop. I think I will try the original Dior Show rather than repurchase, based on what I'm looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by mmilikethat

I have Asian eyelashes that are super straight and I have to curl them. (They're not short though.) So far this is my favorite mascara because it doesn't uncurl them like everything else (CoverGirl, Maybelline, MAC, Clinique.....)
I love it! It makes my lashes so pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Let me summarize my experience with this:

PRO:
* the color is very dark black
* the brush separates the lashes quite well
* the formula keeps the lashes curled
* nice packaging

CON:
* very, very hard to remove even with an oil-based eye makeup remover
* very dry and flakey looking on the lashes -- not pretty!
* it tends to clump and thickens if you apply too much
* 27 dollars for a mascara I will use for just a few months

Because it's so hard to remove, it's not worth it for me keep using it. I don't want any wrinkles from pulling and tugging my eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Lilly06

I really like this mascara. The design of the brush is very good. I have to say I haven't had any problems with clumping. This mascara was long wearing with no smudging. One thing I have noticed is that at the end of the day it can irritate my eyes and it's hard to take off. I did wear it everyday but found it a bit harsh. However, I will definitely use it for a wedding I'm going to. Overall, I would buy again. It lengthens thickens and gives my eyelashes great definition and it doesn't clump or smudge- what more could I want!