September 17, 2014 | 1936 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Mascara Exceptionnel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 8:28:00 AM More reviews by jojo0467

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Best macara!YThis mascara gives you really full,sexy lashes.It does not smear and you can remove it easily.I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Luluwastaken

I got a sample of this mascara along with coco mademoiselle when I purchased the Chanel Mat Lumiere powder, which I love.

The mascara wand reminds me of Lancome Fatale - but better, its a six sided 3D comb and bristle brush. Initially I thought this mascara would clump as there is a lot of product on the brush plus I am terrible with these 'innovative' brushes. However, I find that the twirling /rotating method really works with this. The mascara is distributed quite evenly and cleanly. The packaging is quite beautiful, sleek air tight tube with a gold Chanel logo on the top of the lid. The mascara has a creamy texture, a smoky black colour, it may weigh down my eyelashes if I'm not careful with my application. My eyelashes appear to be thicker and a little longer. Doesn't smudge or flake.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by djpaint

I bought this duty free to try it out...

I used it today without really reading the insert, but had no problems getting it to look pretty good. It does curl, lengthen and volumize--but I can see how one needs to practice a bit to get it just right. I think with some handiwork this could be quite amazing.

The black colour is not a blackest black, it seem to have some gray in it, which I like.

I cried and it didn't budge.

Not sure I would buy again, it is expensive and I am sure other mascaras do a great job ( YSL faux cils, but not much less money, I guess). If I get better at using this one, I might change my mind.

The tube is pretty and classic, total Chanel.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

I was very dissapointed in this new mascara. While it does add volume and length and I didn't have the clumping problems others have had, it SMUDGED like crazy on me. I admit, I put my m/u through a hell of a test working 12 hour days, but my inimitable never smudges and even some d/s hold up better. With this one, I have raccoon eyes after only a couple hours. Back it goes

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by cuttibebe

I have at least 30 tubes of mascara laying around my house. I'm a mascara fanatic and buy every new ones that comes out drug store or high end. Chancel usually surprises me with their new technologies. Just like the Inimitable, I was pleasantly surprised that they were the first ones to come out with a rubbery comb. So this time, I decided to nab this beauty up at Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale, without testing it out at the counter. When I saw the sample of it, I had second thought about my purchase, b/c the wond was soooo clumped like old mascara, you can't even see the comb/brushes. But the SA insisted that a fresh tube would be different.

uh... HELL NO? Yes it came out a bit cleaner, but the product was still all clumped on the comb/brushes. The instruction says to twist the wond to use the brush to volumize and the comb to separate and hold curls.

First, I curled my lashes and didn't put any primers on. Right off of the bat, I knew the that the product on the wond is too thick to hold any curls. it immediately weighted my lashes down. Quite honestly, the old shaped tip made it kind of difficult to apply. I get the point, the brush can get more products at the base of the lashes, therefore, volumizeing it. I've used many other mascara that claim to do that, and I'm pretty sure I've mastered the technique on doing that. But this brush is just hard to use and did nothing to hold curls or separate.

The only good thing is that it's very dark, very black. But so thick, i doubt anyone can get it to "separate" lashes. it'll clump the hell out of your lashes. if you have any luck with this, let us know. but im returning mine ASAP.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Risa01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have reviewed a lot of mascaras, because well, finding a HG is an obsession for me. I have to try whatever is new, may it be high end or drugstore. After asking the SA at Nordstom Mall of America if they had it, she said no, not until the following week for Anniversary sale. Then a few days later I asked at Nordstrom in Las Vegas, and they had it to sell me. I was SO excited. The SA tried it on, the way it is "supposed" to be used, and ugh...it was horrible! She said you are not supposed to use a lash curler. Swipe once up on the lashes like normal, then down on the tops of the lashes and swoop up to curl them. Well, that resulted in my lashes sticking straight out, clumped together, and looking all around horrible. The sucker for mascara that I am, I forked out the $28 + tax for it anyway, hoping to get better results on my own. Which I did. I went ahead and used my curler, and it applied it like regular mascara, only I really tried to twirl the 6 sided brush as I went through the lashes. This mascara holds curl better than any other, and I have tried them all. I also have not experienced any smudging or flaking, even after sleep in it on an airplane for three hours. I cannot however, give this mascara 5 stars. While it gives incredible volume, dark black color and hold curl, which are it's claims, it can get clumpy quite easily, and the results are very crunchy looking, for lack of a better description. This is not your pretty, feathery, separated lash look. I think maybe if I use a lash comb I will like it better. So do I like it or not you ask?? I honestly can't decide. I have used it four days now, and I just don't know if I love the semi-spidery looking result. I certainly don't know if I would shell out $30 for it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No