April 18, 2014 | 1961 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2003 10:37:00 PM More reviews by jonniker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a truly wonderful powder. It smells *beyond* divine, feels luxurious, and the bits of cocoa butter at a dimension of warm, earthy scent that is unmatched anywhere by any other powder.

They NEED to make this a standalone scent, like Karma. But for those who are seeking a similarly scented alternative, try Bath & BodyWorks (gross, yes, but hang in there) Warm Vanilla Sugar. It complements the scent beautifully and makes it last all day, provided you layer properly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2003 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bellis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay- first off, yes, the packaging needs work. BUT. I don't care.

I got turned on to this while I was living in the UK; I walked into a Lush one day, and then spent the next three years making trips back, to get this staple, as well as several other items.

I love this scent, and I wish/hope/pray that Lush will make this into a moisturizer and perfume soon. A mix of jasmine and vanilla, it's sweet and light and lovely, never overpowering.

The powder does seem a little coarse at first, because it has moisturizing bits of cocoa butter in it; I rub my hands together once before applying and never notice a problem. Having dry skin, I love the idea of a somewhat moisturizing powder.

Again, I adore this product, and I don't think it's popular only because it's hard to get in the US; it's popular because it's a good scent at a decent price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2003 10:52:00 AM More reviews by KellyOsbourne

I love this product! However, the packaging is god awful. It never properly seals, and powder goes everywhere no matter how hard you try to make sure it is closed tightly. But, I will forgive Lush, because this powder smells divine. It's especially nice on hot humid summer days(I live in the south). It has a really good lasting power as well. Will buy again, but Lush-for goodness sake-sort out the container mate! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by DeVarens

Love it. I love Silky Underwear. I bought it because I needed a new powder, but I will probably not be changing again. The scent has grown on me enormously as it is so gentle yet long lasting, and my skin feels so nice afterwards. Brilliant. The packaging is a bit naff, but thats easily overlooked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2003 7:33:00 PM More reviews by natalielane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder. I am not a huge "dusting" person, but it helps keep me cool in the summer and it's nice before bed too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 7:54:00 PM More reviews by tiggerfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I too thought I did a review on this, oh well, here I go again! Up front this only is getting a 4 because the packaging SUCKS! You don't even have to open it to get powder, but I open it slightly so I can get some of the cocoa butter bits to rub onto my skin. Maybe it's the cocoa butter bits that makes everyone think this powder isn't finely milled, but that is the actual moisturizing agent in the powder. The scent is one of my FAVE. I love the earthy, feminie smell to this. I'm not huge on florals and this one has managed to combine the best of both worlds. No one particular note is overpowering which is wonderful. I put this on one morning after a Floating Island soak and got so many compliments. Amazingly no one was asking me what perfume, most didn't even realize it was me, they thought someone opened a window and some wonderful smells were coming in from outside. It wasn't until I sat down next to someone that they realized it was me and that was about 4 hours after I had put it on too. I poured mine out into another container (Benefit kitten) and use a puff to apply it now. Sometimes if I want this scent with a bit of shimmer, I use my Benefit Kitten powder puff with this on it and I get the best of both worlds.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2003 11:41:00 AM More reviews by tiggerfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If it weren't for the absolutely compelling scent, I would probably not buy this again because of the packaging. A hint I discovered with LUSH powders is not to open the large hole all the way. I only cut about 1/2 of it open so this doesn't leak out all over. But even using this technique doesn't control how much flows through the big holes. I think it's a shame that for the price you have to transfer this to a more suitable means of application. I do enjoy the way it leaves my skin feeling. Most powders dry me out, but this as it warms up ends up making my skin feeling lovely. I wish they made this scent in other bath treatments! It's scent is not flowery, yet somehow it still keeps it's feminity with the Jasmine, Cocoa Butter and Vetivert.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 1:00:00 AM More reviews by MelissaM

I agree with those who pointed out the annoying packaging - one must be very careful when applying this, or else they'll be deluged in powder. To me, this smells like a homemade vanilla-coconut pudding (I guess that must be the coacoa butter). Even the groom likes to use this during the summer. Who needs to wear perfume when you're wearing this yummy stuff?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2003 1:10:00 AM More reviews by sedge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave this one a 3 for price because I got less than I would have liked for the amount I spent, but... IF I didn't like in the U.S. of A, I bet it wouldn't be exhorbitantly expensive. The scent is very fresh but seductively earthy at once. Yes, there's the Jasmine but further underneath there's my all-time favourite scent in the world, Vetivert oil. Think elves and fairyland: it's earthy, but lightly, playfully so. The kind of secret neat thing about this powder, as stated in other reviews, is that it has tiny particles of cocoa butter smudged in its innars, and these secret blobs melt luxuriously into your skin as the powder heats up, thus smoothing and soothing tired, dry skin rather than making it itchy and flakey. A great thing, I say. The bad, other drawback (other than its Lack of US foothold) is the BIG open holes in the top of the container. I think I don't mind that much because I powder it onto myself in the bathroom, and the scent clouds around me, but I bet it gets annoying if you accidentially bump the container too much and: whoop, dump the stuff all over. Still: pretty, pretty smell and soft, soft skin = a plus in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2003 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Erin123

This is one of the most amazing smelling products ever! I cannot get enough of the scent and it seems to last a long time. The downfall of this product is that I find it a little on the drying side as opposed to moisturizing. Maybe its me-I use a lot more lotions than powders. I will still buy this though because the scent is fantastic!