October 20, 2014 | 1889 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2003 12:22:00 PM More reviews by pixy_styx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this powder in a swap & I was a tad dissapointed. The fragrance was nice, but I thought it was going to be stronger. I also didn't see any of the cocoa butter clumps everyone was raving about. It is overall a nice powder, it does feel nice. I guess I was just expecting too much out of it. Way over-hyped!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2003 2:27:00 PM More reviews by hollywood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved the smell of this powder, but I didn't love the packaging. Not great for keeping out the moisture in the bathroom. So, it did get a little clumpy over time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2003 8:58:00 AM More reviews by akane

Smells divine - mix of jasmine and vanilla to me. Great staying power and leaves my skin so soft due to cocoa butter in it. It's a fantastic product with BAD packaging. They really need to change the packaging!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2003 8:34:00 PM More reviews by chaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging, simply put, sucks. This powder WILL get everywhere, on everything, and if you're not careful, in every available orifice. It does smell wonderful, however. And it feels rather silky going on, but it's nothing to write home about. There are supposed to be bits of cocoa butter in it. The question is...where? The elusive bits of cocoa can be found, but only after much vigorous shaking because they all sink to the bottom. And even after all that effort, you'll be lucky to get even a couple out. So there you have it: nice, yes. But all in all, not highly impressive for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2003 10:37:00 PM More reviews by jonniker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a truly wonderful powder. It smells *beyond* divine, feels luxurious, and the bits of cocoa butter at a dimension of warm, earthy scent that is unmatched anywhere by any other powder.

They NEED to make this a standalone scent, like Karma. But for those who are seeking a similarly scented alternative, try Bath & BodyWorks (gross, yes, but hang in there) Warm Vanilla Sugar. It complements the scent beautifully and makes it last all day, provided you layer properly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2003 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bellis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay- first off, yes, the packaging needs work. BUT. I don't care.

I got turned on to this while I was living in the UK; I walked into a Lush one day, and then spent the next three years making trips back, to get this staple, as well as several other items.

I love this scent, and I wish/hope/pray that Lush will make this into a moisturizer and perfume soon. A mix of jasmine and vanilla, it's sweet and light and lovely, never overpowering.

The powder does seem a little coarse at first, because it has moisturizing bits of cocoa butter in it; I rub my hands together once before applying and never notice a problem. Having dry skin, I love the idea of a somewhat moisturizing powder.

Again, I adore this product, and I don't think it's popular only because it's hard to get in the US; it's popular because it's a good scent at a decent price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2003 10:52:00 AM More reviews by KellyOsbourne

I love this product! However, the packaging is god awful. It never properly seals, and powder goes everywhere no matter how hard you try to make sure it is closed tightly. But, I will forgive Lush, because this powder smells divine. It's especially nice on hot humid summer days(I live in the south). It has a really good lasting power as well. Will buy again, but Lush-for goodness sake-sort out the container mate! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by DeVarens

Love it. I love Silky Underwear. I bought it because I needed a new powder, but I will probably not be changing again. The scent has grown on me enormously as it is so gentle yet long lasting, and my skin feels so nice afterwards. Brilliant. The packaging is a bit naff, but thats easily overlooked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2003 7:33:00 PM More reviews by natalielane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder. I am not a huge "dusting" person, but it helps keep me cool in the summer and it's nice before bed too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 7:54:00 PM More reviews by tiggerfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I too thought I did a review on this, oh well, here I go again! Up front this only is getting a 4 because the packaging SUCKS! You don't even have to open it to get powder, but I open it slightly so I can get some of the cocoa butter bits to rub onto my skin. Maybe it's the cocoa butter bits that makes everyone think this powder isn't finely milled, but that is the actual moisturizing agent in the powder. The scent is one of my FAVE. I love the earthy, feminie smell to this. I'm not huge on florals and this one has managed to combine the best of both worlds. No one particular note is overpowering which is wonderful. I put this on one morning after a Floating Island soak and got so many compliments. Amazingly no one was asking me what perfume, most didn't even realize it was me, they thought someone opened a window and some wonderful smells were coming in from outside. It wasn't until I sat down next to someone that they realized it was me and that was about 4 hours after I had put it on too. I poured mine out into another container (Benefit kitten) and use a puff to apply it now. Sometimes if I want this scent with a bit of shimmer, I use my Benefit Kitten powder puff with this on it and I get the best of both worlds.