LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 8/21/2003 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love the scent and feeling after using this, annoying to apply so I bought Quo body powder sponge which makes it ten times easier. I do feel silky but I might dump all this powder into a tupperware container!! This isnt a "for your health, really must have this" thing because lets face it, its not vital like lotion or deoderant! lol but lets face it, neither is makeup :o:o WHO SAID THAT!? lol its a great scent, a great feeling I would easily just buy the perfume if they make it and skip the powder though

I have recently discovered powder the joy of powder thanks to LUSH!
I adore the smell of Silky Underwear. Jasmine, Vanilla and Gardenia and something else that is just so lovely. And the texture is gorgeous: fine and soft feeling.

It's not uncomfortably drying, I guess because of the cocoa butter bits, but it's drying enough to keep those areas that can get a bit uncomfortable comfortable when things heat up a bit. Great if you've rushed home then have to go out again, but don't have time for a shower, helps you to refresh yourself quickly!

As for the packaging, not good...this stuff goes everywhere. I can shake it out without even opening it! That doesn't bother me though, I just shake it in the general direction of my body, then gently smooth it on.

I'm not sure how the little cocoa butter bits are meant to come out though, maybe they do mix in with the powder somehow, but I poked my finger into the container and I could feel them. I may be finding a few leftover little bits in the bottom when it's finished! continued >>

on 7/25/2003 6:05:00 PM

Can't believe I haven't written a review for this! Silky Underwear is simply heavenly, and more than just for your underwear - I love the blend of florals that makes me feel oh so feminine and sexy. As someone who has been working in an office for a few years, I actually like the fact that it isn't shimmery...a little more professional looking I think. Packaging is a bit crappy, yes, but I've learned to use a brush to dip into the powder and dust myself with the brush. Love this stuff!

on 7/23/2003 12:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I got this powder in a swap & I was a tad dissapointed. The fragrance was nice, but I thought it was going to be stronger. I also didn't see any of the cocoa butter clumps everyone was raving about. It is overall a nice powder, it does feel nice. I guess I was just expecting too much out of it. Way over-hyped!

on 7/16/2003 2:27:00 PM

I loved the smell of this powder, but I didn't love the packaging. Not great for keeping out the moisture in the bathroom. So, it did get a little clumpy over time.

on 7/13/2003 8:58:00 AM

Smells divine - mix of jasmine and vanilla to me. Great staying power and leaves my skin so soft due to cocoa butter in it. It's a fantastic product with BAD packaging. They really need to change the packaging!!!

on 7/11/2003 8:34:00 PM

The packaging, simply put, sucks. This powder WILL get everywhere, on everything, and if you're not careful, in every available orifice. It does smell wonderful, however. And it feels rather silky going on, but it's nothing to write home about. There are supposed to be bits of cocoa butter in it. The question is...where? The elusive bits of cocoa can be found, but only after much vigorous shaking because they all sink to the bottom. And even after all that effort, you'll be lucky to get even a couple out. So there you have it: nice, yes. But all in all, not highly impressive for the price.

on 6/13/2003 10:37:00 PM

This is a truly wonderful powder. It smells *beyond* divine, feels luxurious, and the bits of cocoa butter at a dimension of warm, earthy scent that is unmatched anywhere by any other powder.

They NEED to make this a standalone scent, like Karma. But for those who are seeking a similarly scented alternative, try Bath & BodyWorks (gross, yes, but hang in there) Warm Vanilla Sugar. It complements the scent beautifully and makes it last all day, provided you layer properly.

on 6/4/2003 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Okay- first off, yes, the packaging needs work. BUT. I don't care.

I got turned on to this while I was living in the UK; I walked into a Lush one day, and then spent the next three years making trips back, to get this staple, as well as several other items.

I love this scent, and I wish/hope/pray that Lush will make this into a moisturizer and perfume soon. A mix of jasmine and vanilla, it's sweet and light and lovely, never overpowering.

The powder does seem a little coarse at first, because it has moisturizing bits of cocoa butter in it; I rub my hands together once before applying and never notice a problem. Having dry skin, I love the idea of a somewhat moisturizing powder.

Again, I adore this product, and I don't think it's popular only because it's hard to get in the US; it's popular because it's a good scent at a decent price.

I love this product! However, the packaging is god awful. It never properly seals, and powder goes everywhere no matter how hard you try to make sure it is closed tightly. But, I will forgive Lush, because this powder smells divine. It's especially nice on hot humid summer days(I live in the south). It has a really good lasting power as well. Will buy again, but Lush-for goodness sake-sort out the container mate! :)