October 21, 2014 | 878 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by beautyJenL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic pencil. I love this as much as the YBF pencil. Great hardness of pencil for natural looking brows!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. the formula seems long lasting and natural. Love the brow brush on the other end. Very useful. My only complaint is the price (expensive for that little product) and the color selection. I have soft black brows and neither medium ash nor brunette works for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 2:19:00 AM More reviews by missy24680

very god! natural eyeberow effect, and very natural color. i like the small pencil...easy to give the hair fuller look...only pencil i would ever use

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After less than a week, this product has become the indisputable holy grail of brow products for me. I've used the regular Anastasia brow pencil, and also the tinted brow gel, but this thing blows them out of the water.

For reference, I have thin, dark-blonde brows that have never and will never recover from the plucking craze of the 90s. As such, I've frequently fallen victim to the exaggerated crayon-like lines you get from pencils, and the blurry, undefined smudges you get from colored brow gel. Despite all this, I've always dreamed of having brows like Audrey from Twin Peaks. I think this is the closest I will ever get.

I use the Ash Blonde shade, which is a godsend for natural blondes. The point of the pencil is extremely fine, so it's important to use short strokes and not push too much of the pencil out of the tube at one time. Doing this, I'm able to extend my brows both on the inner and outer corners, and actually give myself some semblance of an arch. Incredible.

Additionally, this is some of the best packaging I've seen on a brow product. The Brow Wiz includes a small spoolie on the end, which is a must for any brow product I care to use. I really don't care to lug around extra cosmetic brushes if I don't have to, and Anastasia products seem to understand that. And if it couldn't get any better, the caps for both the pencil end and the spoolie end stay on tight, not like the cheap clear plastic caps you find in so many pencils.

Seriously, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product for anyone. You have to try it.

11/13/2010 update: I just wanted to say that Brow Wiz is still my holy grail. I haven't been without it since I wrote this review a year and a half ago.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by annabelmv

Brow Wiz, a wiz it is! I have this in brunette; perfect! Anastasia nails brunette pigment, thank goodness. I've tried and tried many different brands ranking in price and no other competes with Anastasia!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by toezies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this product after reading the reviews, but it did not work for me, I got brunette and my brows are dark brown but still brown and this pencil was too medium brown for me, not dark enough, but I still tried it and where I drew in the tail of my brows was gone a few hours later, sorry it's a no for me

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by amikathryn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fought with my brows most of my adult life. Fine hairs, sparse hairs, one that is flatter than the other. Brow he**. Recently, any brow product that I owned that I tried to use looked horrible. It was really affecting me emotionally. I hate that. I own Smashbox's Brow Tech, Laura mercier's brow Duo, Mac's Fling pencil, A couple of brow pencils From Milani; you get the picture. No combination of anything that I had was working. It all looked bad. I was searching online and came upon this product on Sephora's website. I figured it was something worth taking a look at close up so I called my local Sephora to make sure they had it and tripped on over. After I checked it out, I bought 2. I have to say that I'm very happy with the results. I still use some of the Laura Mercier's brow Powder over it but the Brow Wiz has made a major positive change in my brows. I am sold on this! Obviously, I'll repurchase.....

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by DesignerLady

The best thing about this (for me) is it's a really thin and fine mechanical brow pencil "draws the teeny tiniest of lines". It is stiff enough to draw little fake hairs in and blendable enough to brush into the skin. I have pale skin medium strawberry blonde hair. I bought this ($ 18.00) in Medium Ash. This is the color in the middle I considered Ash Blonde (the lightest color) but it didn't even show on my skin, so I went wish Medium Ash. I like it, it defines and yet it doesn't really show up as makeup. Another good thing for me is it doesn't look orange (I find some brow makeup for blondes looks orange) this is just right. The package is nice I use the spooly brush on the end to blend it in and yeah it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I have light-to-medium brown hair, but very dark brown brows. I certainly don't need help darkening my brows, but I like to fill them in. (After plucking and trimming the hairs look sparse!) I bought Ash Blonde because I wanted something to add a soft shadow. I'm afraid that any of the darker colors would make my already strong brows look way too overdone! The Ash Blonde is a very soft, light, brown-taupe, that is not too gray. The pencil itself not very soft at first, but that helps me control the amount of color I add. The pencil warms up after a few strokes, and it becomes darker as you can layer it on. I think the hardness of the pencil will help the product itself last longer too!

The spoolie end is super soft and smoothes out the color and hair. It's perfect for blending and evening out the color & shape of the brow. Since MAC's Porcelain/Browning brow shader is being discontinued, this Brow Wiz is my new HG!!!!

I will definitely buy this many more times, and it is honestly worth the price.

**Edit** I am currently on vacation, and managed to go 24 hours without throughly washing my face. I started looking at my brows and thought, "They look good, maybe I don't need to use that pencil after all!" Then I scrubbed them, and they half faded away!! What I was looking at, and thinking was totally natural, was this pencil still on after 24 hours of living (with 9 hours of sleeping too!!!) No powder can beat this product in staying power!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by CeeZeeCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this !

I lost 2/3's of one eyebrow due to a basal cell carcinoma about a month ago and have been struggling (after it healed enough) to find a combination of pencil and e/s to help fill in the missing area. I've tried a number of pencils from YSL, MAC, etc. This is the first that goes on softly, looks realistic, and stays put. I use this to fill in lighter spots on my 'good' brow and then go to town filling in the bare area in my other brow.

Luckily the 3rd of a brow I was left with is mainly the area near my nose and a bit at the end. So I basically draw hairs to 'connect the dots'. After that is sketched in, I go over it with two different colors of e/s (a light taupe and a dark brown). My hair is grey but my eyebrows are a dark ash and it takes a couple of colors to get the right look. The Brow Wiz color I got is Medium Ash and it works perfectly.

So, for those of you with missing sections or very light sections, I highly recommend this pencil. The softness of it really gives you a lot of control. And it stays!