February 27, 2015 | 2044 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Loielea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the first eyebrow product that I've found that's easy to use, blends well and looks so natural. I love the ultra thin pencil. It's so easy to precisely place color. The end of one eyebrow is almost non existent and I can fill in and blend with the skinny brush and both my brows match! Great product. I'll see how long it lasts though. I'll probably purchase it again anyway because IT WORKS! I have highlighted reddish brown hair and the Carmel color is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Brows can make or break your look; nicely groomed ones allow you to get away with wearing less makeup while still looking polished. On the flip side, ragged unkempt ones make everything look worse. If you wear glasses like I do from time to time, groomed brows are a must! especially with the thicker frames so popular now that call more attention to the eyes. Either way, I feel nekkid without my brows done.

Problem is, I'm growing them back in after years of abuse and overplucking (I hope they actually do grow back, but that's another story...) so making them look as good as possible is a priority for me. After trying many other brands, mostly cheaper ones (which may not be saying much since this some of the spendiest stuff for brows that I know of), I wish I would have started here all along because this line really works well and I've probably purchased it three times over in cheaper brands by now *sigh*

Anyway, I got my Brow Wiz as part of the Ulta-mate Brow Set (from Ulta get it? haha yeah, not my doing) which came with a Brow Wiz in Medium Ash or Blond (I chose Ash, a medium neutral brown), a clear brow gel, mini slant tweezers and duo highligh pencil. (I will try to review the set separately but for now let's just say it's great and I use everything on a daily basis). I swatched Brunette before I chose the set because Ash is better for my current coloring than the darker brown Brunette, although neither have any red tones like many browns which is great. (I mean, my brows aren't red and I don't know whose are unless they are a true redhead because if anything, mine are dark brown to black but I prefer to lighten them to brighten up my face).

This is a very slim automatic pencil; small enough to get into those tiny sparse areas that need filling in but don't require what amounts to a crayon and probably the hardest area of all to fill in which makes or breaks any pencil for me: the 'tails' of my brows. This is where most other pencils fail by being too thick to get a nice line, thereby looking heavy and fake, or they smudge and wear off too much. This does neither. It applies easily and lasts all day without smudging. It has good pigment and looks natural, blends easily with or without the attached spoolie on the end (which is also nice, it's got short bristles, not long mascara-spoolie bristles). It doesn't smear, run, flake or fade especially when set with the brow gel. Prior to this I was using Maybelline Define-a-Brow in Medium Brown which is probably the best out of all the "cheaper" brands I tried and is the one I carry with me. However, if/when I have to choose and repurchase, I prefer Anastasia's. Her pencil is smaller in diameter, the brush on the end is better and I think the shade selection is more accurate with more variety as well. This is a case where sometimes you do get what you pay for and in this case, it's a good thing. A little goes a long way with this too, unlike a lot of others I've tried so when I do run out, I will repurchase although I'm not seeing it anytime soon (and yes I am looking at YOU, awful Maybelline Studio Brow Pencil!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Now that this pencil is available in Medium Brown (previously Medium Ash), this is the perfect brow pencil for me. This color is fantastic and very natural without being too warm toned like a lot of other brown brow pencils are.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by smootha

I really have never done anything with my eyebrows in terms of makeup, because regular pencils were never the right color, and the thickness of the point made it difficult for the effect to look natural. Brow gels, were also hard to find the right color and looked kind of stiff. I guess I never had the right brush for shadows, but I think you really have to be skilled for that.

I think is just the perfect solution. I got the perfect color (ash Blonde) for a light blonde and a very fine tip so that I can make wispy lines that mimic eyebrow hairs and end with a fine line that makes the eyebrow extend to where it has thinned out.

The brush gives you the final cleaning up! Product has good staying power throughout the day.

This is the only one I will ever use from now on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a $3 NYX brow pencil in "black" that is the perfect color, but after catching a good look at my brows in the car mirror in bright daylight, I finally had to admit it was too thick and impossible to get a fine line. I have always been happy with Anastasia products so I bit the bullet and bought this in Medium Ash. (I also tested the similar Anastasia pencil that you have to sharpen, but this seemed a bit creamier.) My brows are BLACK, and this color blends in pretty perfectly without being too dark. There is absolutely no auburn cast as some brow pencils have; the spoolie brush on the other end is convenient; and staying power is good. As I have gotten older the ends of my brows have gotten very sparse and I need the fine pencil to fill them in realistically. This was worth the investment to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like the pencil, like the consistency, like that it is cheaper than the Dior pencil I'm obsessed with but...That Dior pencil does not turn reddish or itch. I don't have sensitive skin but something in this kind of makes my eyebrows itch. The brunette is lovely, but for some reason it doesn't quite bring out my hazel eyes as much as the Dior. By afternoon it has turned a little red, just a touch but it bothers me. The staying power isn't that great. To be fair the SA told me I would need to layer a powder over it, which I thought I would do but I am lazy in the morning & don't. Might try her powder instead...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by sarahscantron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am kind of at a loss for words over this product. I spent $20 on this pencil and it lasted only 2 weeks. I'm not exaggerating. After this massive disappointment, I switched over to a NYX retractable pencil and am much happier.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by jojoxc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this eyebrow pencil a lot, it works very well for me. Sometimes. I don't know why, but sometimes when I use it my eyebrows totally come off after awhile, and sometimes it stays on all day until I wash it off.

I do love how it's small at the end, because it works well when I use it to taper out my brows at the ends. It works incredibly well when working with thin lines, and I have dark hair, so Brunette is perfect.

However, it's 20 dollars, and it only lasted me barely two months and I had to buy another one. I just wish there was more product for the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Before I purchased Brow Wiz, I read the glowing reviews here first. I have to say, this is the first time I have been dissappointed with the reviews before purchasing. I was so excited to make this purchase because my brows are sparse. While I DO love my NYX and BE "BLACK" *nudge, nudge*, I'm totally emphasing the word black because that is the color of my brows, sometimes you just feel like changing your routine up a bit. I thought it might be a good change to go with a thin tipped automatic pencil. After all, Anastasia of Beverly Hills is THE eyebrow expert. So...lemme tell you about my experience...I purchased the darkest color: Brunette. At first glance it looked pretty decent. The brunette color is a dark, dark taupe. I figured if I applied with a heavier hand, it would blend nicely. First of all, the "lead" in the automatic pencil dropped out as soon as I took it out of the box. I managed to fix it though. So...l applied and drew the brows in. The color did not blend. It was too light and yes. It oxidized. My brows turned an orangey-taupe. I am now beginning to think I am a freak of nature. It is a shame that Ms. Anastasia cannot introduce a true black to her line. If she did, this pencil would have been a four-star product. There is some good out of this though. It does make for a base for my powder--so all is not lost. However, I will not repurchase. I'm really sick and tired of these so-called beauty experts insisting that all women with black hair need to go a shade lighter with brow makeup. Some of us actually LIKE our dark brows. We are comfortable with it. Back to my NYX and BE!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Can I say I'm in love? I own Medium Ash. The pencil has lasted me months, I bought it in July and it's still good with daily use.

It lasts all day long. Glides on creamy. The point makes it easy to draw thin or thicker and it never needs sharpening. Love, love, love. No drugstore product compares to this. And the color blends in so well.