October 21, 2014 | 2000 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by chanaka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. MUA turned me onto it, I was skeptical but how can you go wrong for the price? I've been using mine for about 4 months on my back, where I have moderate acne problems. For a long time I didn't think it was doing anything, but now I'm starting to see real improvement! It's definitely helping my back more than anything else has. Plus, it does a great job exfolating everywhere else!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Salux bath towel ( $2.49 to $4.49 usd) is a Japansese nylon body cloth. The size is 11 inch x 35 inch or 28 cm x 90 cm and contains 60% nylon and 40% polyester. I found mine at Los Angeles Chinatown in the Wing Hop Fung Ginseng store on the 2nd floor for $3 usd which I was so excited because it is very difficult to find Salux. The package said Salux have also won the Invention prize award in Japan for this cloth. Salux is one of the best body cloth in the market, it does makes my body feel softer just like a bath scrub does. It is very easy to use, just like using a puffy body nylon sponge, but Salux comes in a light long towel that makes washing a body easier especially the back. Salux bath towel feels a little coarse in texture, but it does not scratch or pull the skin in a painful way, the finely coarse texture makes my body softer and cleans my body really well. Also, the coarse texture does provides a nice little massage to my body. Salux towel allowed me to use less bath soap than normally because it foams really well. The drying time is faster also, it is faster than my regular puffy body nylon sponge. Overall, Salux is a great bath cloth providing a soft and clean body but is quite difficult to locate the product, be sure to check most Asian markets.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by PakM

This product has been in my household ever since I could remember. Used it up until I was a teenager and kind of forgot about it, until now. I'll have to go to my local asian stores and get some. I love the feeling of really scrubbing your back and getting every part of your back. Feels refresh and purifying afterwards. Thanks MUA for such a great and cheap product reminder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thanks again MA reviewers. Read the review on these last week, ordered directly from Salux and received them in 3 days. Got 3 for me and 3 for hubby. I have always exfolliated (either scrub brush with stick handle or nylon scrubber on stick) but this is the best -- stretch it out like a towel, put soap or body wash in center and scrub back like drying it then I scrunch it up and do arms down to feet. Use exactly half the amount of body wash (counted the pumps) and actually get more lather. LOVE THIS! Just a comment for the user who had problems using this on areas other than her back -- once in the shower, I wet the Salux then put body wash in the center area. Then I scrunch it up and scrub arms and torso, stretch it out and scrub back, scrunch it up again and do legs and feet. It really does scrunch up well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by angel888

For anyone that lives in Toronto, Ontario, Canada...

Sanko Trading (730 Queen Street West) sells them!!!!!

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by OneDollarBuddha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used these for years and they are as amazing as everyone says. I couldn't imagine bathing without one. Oh, but try to buy the real deal. I bought a knock off once and it just wasn't as high quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by melindamac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! Thank you guys. I came upon this by chance on the boards one day, Which made me check out the reviews. Of course I ordered a few right away. This is so wonderful. I used pure coconut oil after I showered with the cloth and my skin feels so silky smooth. Amazing! I'm never going to be without this baby in my shower! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by imasocalgirl

Great product! Give it a chance! I love how my lotions & creams sink into my skin afterwards - bring a lot of softness & energy to the surface of my skin. Love the price. Love the opportunity to launder it for sanitary reasons. I scrunch mine up & buff away!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by alyssac3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finally got my salux wash cloth in the mail the other day and it's everything I thought it would be.

II find that this wash cloth is very similar to the one The Body Shop sells, it's called body polisher or something. BUT the salux cloth is thicker and feels smoother on the skin than the body shop one... plus it's only like $3 whereas the body shop one is like $10.

I am an exfoliation queen and this def gets my rave review. I love this and I think everyone should have one. I just bought a couple for my mom cause she would go bananas for this.

I even got my bf to start using it and now he's silky smooth and gets laid more cause of it.

I found out about this wash cloth here on MUA and thank heavens for this site cause i prob would have never discovered it if it wasen't for MUA'ers.

you guys are awesome.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by catah21

i bought this a while ago.. and its a must HAVE!! it is a great exfoliator.. just be gentle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No