April 16, 2014 | 923 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jenw1401

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this, I like it enough that it has replaced my MAC Stud and Anastasia Brow Whiz pencil. I use it in Brun Fonce (deep brown) and it seems to be a very good match to my own brow color. It also seems to last longer than others, which is good because I have dark brows which are overtweezed and my brows look better when filled in with eyebrow pencil. I highly recommend this pencil to anyone since it has good staying power, pretty good natural color selection (from lightest to darkest) and it's only about five bucks. You get what you pay for and it's a great value.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by soapiahh

I dont dislike this- the staying power is fine and it goes on nicely, but the colour isn't right. I have it in medium brown (I think??) and it's just too warm, but I'm yet to find a cool brown brow pencil. I do actually use it as an eyeliner/eyeshadow if im pressed for time or am going away and need to take minimal products- i just haphhazardly colour in the crease and then blend around with my finger, and then draw a line under the lower lashes and use my finger to blend, then pat translscuent powder on the lid and add mascara. Easy peasy and it's a good colour for that. The packaging is good actually, the bright green never gets lost in my bag (i like to cart a brow pencil around with me because if i need to go from day to night I like a stronger brow for the evening). The only gripe i have with the packaging is the comb on the end- it just doesnt seem to do the trick- i use a disposable mascara wand instead. Will I buy again? No, only because I'm not overly fussy with brow pencils (and liners and mascaras, actually) so I just grab what's on sale, though next time I will look for a cooler colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 4:55:00 AM More reviews by lunalava

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like Mac brow pencils better but it works. I will buy them again. My shade is Medium brown. It is a little too dark for me though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by underthepink3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these. I am so glad that I discovered that it's OK to fill in your eyebrows. I think it's transformed my whole look and made me appear more "polished". I agree with the fact that these areall very red based, but I think it works well with my warm complexion. If you have cooler skin you might want to keep looking. I've tried dark blonde and light brown, both are very warm browns. The experts will tell you that even if you have a warm complexion to always fill in your brows with something cool based. Personaly, these work well very well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by robinrubin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a while in Dark Blonde. It is a good match for Mac Fling but actually has better texture, goes on easier and lasts longer, looks more natural, is no more prone to breakage, and is perhaps the teeniest bit lighter. It looks so natural, I can wear it alone, with no other eye makeup, which is important on the most uber-casual occasions for somebody like me, who has the sparsest, palest brows imaginable. It enables me to look like I am not wearing any makeup without looking like I have no eyebrows. With every other eyebrow coloring device I've ever tried (including pencils and powders from Anastasia, Dior and Chanel, etc.), I have to also wear mascara etc. or it looks stupid and obvious. This I can wear alone.

Today I bought it in Light Blonde, which I found is not so much lighter as warmer. Either one will work for me. Maybelline is always on sale at CVS and Ulta, often 2-for-1, so I generally buy a few and keep one in my bag, one in my bathroom, and one in my travel case.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by wckdldy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE!! i really love this pencil it reminds me alot of the MAC eyebrow pencil, just WAY cheaper. i love the color it gives(light brown) and how its not too heavy. the only problem i can say i have (hence why i gave it a 4) is that sometimes the products breaks easily if i push too hard. other than that a great product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by srscott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brow pencil is great! I use the light blond color. The pencil is very thin which enables you to achieve a very natural look. I fill in the bare patches and it looks just like my real eyebrows. I love that it twists up and sharpening is not necessary. A word of caution: don't extend the pencil very far -- due to the small diameter (a plus!) it can break easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by JackieXOXO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MaMa like alot!! Decided to try after MakeupbyTiffanyD on YouTube recommended it. My eyebrows have always been my arch enemy (no pun intended) I have tried numerous pencils, powders, and gels-but like Goldie Locks-some where too light then too dark-and if I did find something that kinda worked-it just didn't hold up throughout the day. I have auburn hair and decided to go with the medium brown and it's perfect!! (cue the violins) Goes on super smooth and after a 9 hour workday it holds up. For the price of $4.50 I will absolutely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by a_ro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to thank youtube for introducing me to this product! I saw a makeup tutorial where this was used. I've tried other cheapie brow pencils with little success, & even the maybelline brow powder...it just didn't look natural. Somehow this pencil gives me just enough control to fill in my brows w/out it looking crazy. The dark brown color is good for my very dark brows - would recommend to others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Spiked by MAC and was told this would be a great dupe. I have olive skin with yellow undertones and black hair and sad to say this has still red undertones ( I bought the dark brown one) especially in pictures!. It does look great with MAC Mysterious shadow on top but it's not long lasting with my oily skin and it's just too much trouble to do two steps when I'm in a rush in the morning. So I'm still on the hunt for my perfect black brown eyebrow pencil!