November 22, 2014 | 1875 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a great powder, it has low coverage but it is buildable which is pretty good, I used to use medium dark in this but it i've since changed from my tone a little bit, I like this because its very natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by i2ismartazzi2i

I read and watched a lot of reviews for this product, so I decided to get it. Another plus is that I love mineral makeup but I hate the loose powder ones. So when I found that it was a packed mineral makeup, I was all over it. I was surprised I was a medium plus, but the makeup artist chose that color and its a perfect match. My skin feels great with this, and it doesn't break me out. The coverage is light, but when I use my everyday minerals flat top brush with it, the coverage is amazing. I have bad acne scars and with concealer and jsut the powder, I could the achieve the look I wanted. I highly recommend this product,and it looks amazing over liquid foundation. I can't wait to try the rest of the mineralize finish line from MAC

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by canadaustralia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder!
If you generally don't like to wear foundation, this is for you. It's great build-able coverage for those days when you need it. Looks like I am wearing nothing- just a smooth even face... amazing!
I use mac 150 brush... I'll try using the kabuki brush when I need more coverage.
I used to use the studio fix powder... but not anymore.
love love love

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by coolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am C5 Face&Body, NC42 StudioFixPowder and I bought this after I had purchased the Medium Dark. The MAC MUA had used the Medium Dark to set my C5 Face&Body Foundation and it initially looked good and I bought it. Then I realized it turned orange on me only a few hours later. Not a bad orange, but definitely darker than my natural coloring. I went back and asked for a lighter shade, the MUA said - no way- but against her own advice tried the Medium Plus on me and it was not too light. It turned out to be the perfect shade for me- especially for winter. I have held on to the Medium Dark -for summer I will mix the 2 shades before applying or will eventually just use the Medium Dark when I am tanned. With or without foundation, this powder makes my combination skin look pretty good.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by xsweet

I really like this product.
I use this also for my foundation Or to fix my liquid foudation.
It totally worth the price.
Its just a little bit expensive 33$CDN
i do recommend this product! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really hesitant to try this powder at first since a lot of MAC's face products tend to break me out in the past. After watching a mua apply this on a customer, I was intrigued. So I started playing with the testers and swatching each one on my arm - boy does this pressed powder feel soft or what!
I ended up with the Medium Plus shade since it matched me perfectly (I'm between a 25/30 and normally wear NC30). I used this with caution and prepared myself in case it broke me out. So far it has been working well for me :) *crosses fingers* I like wearing it alone since it gives my skin a nice all over color and evens my skin out, but I personally love it on top of liquid foundations :)

UPDATE 7/10/09: This has not broken me out at all :D This powder goes beautifully with the MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation! It really sets the gel based formula with little to no touch up during the day for me. I've worn this in the hottest days alone and with liquid foundation underneath, and it didn't melt off. I also wear glasses (with contacts I wear sunglasses) and this didn't make a powder indentation on the sides of my nose like I do with other powders when I wear glasses - for glasses wearers you know what I'm talking about :) When worn alone it doesn't give a cakey look, it almost looks translucent with a hint of color to even my skin out. If you're looking to wear this alone, you might want to conceal any blemish/flaws beforehand. I use Revlon colorstay concealer and use this powder to set my whole face when I wear it without foundation. It looks great with that concealer as well alone :) One of my HGs now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by cetati

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Price: not the cheapest pressed powder ever.

Quality: it is a lovely finishing powder and gives wonderful coverage with a kabuki brush if coverage is desired. Leaves that beautiful porcelain finish I do love. Looks flawless. Very finely milled. Does mattify a little though in the summer my oily skin breaks through anyway.

Packaging: I hate the dombed shape on top, but what can ya do?

Overall: A good product which I love and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by akkk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture feels a little coarse at first when swiped with a finger, but the product seems to glide on with a few light taps of a brush. The MA at the counter I bought this from suggested using a light dusting of the product rather than buffing it in. This has seemed to work IMO-- I have been using this for the last 4+ months and I have had no breakouts from using this. For the record, I have rather temperamental skin.

The skinfinish does seem to cake more when used as a setting powder over foundation, but this can be fixed with some fix+ spray stippled on with a skunk brush. Used by itself over primer or moisturizer, this powder provides a satin finish with sheer coverage.

Color choices are good, though I started with a medium plus in the summer/fall and had to go back for another compact in medium when my summer tan started to fade. But I should have expected this.

These are not very cheap, but for skins that need little coverage, the skinfinish is a good finishing option, since it seems to do what its name promises.

The compact is quite solid and I have not had trouble taking this to work with me. I took it on a rather long trip last year as well and did not have trouble with the product crumbling. But that was just my experience, and yours might differ.

A brush is a must for using this powder. That, and the powdery-ness over liquid or cream foundations is the only reason I am giving this four out of five lippies...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by aizacity

Skin Ref: Asian, yellow undertones, fair-medium, NC25/NC30, combination oily

I've been strictly using mineral makeup for about two years now, but have never tried any of MAC's mineralize line until now with the exception of their MSFs and mineralize blushes. This powder is excellent for setting mineral foundation, way better than the Everyday Minerals rice loose powder I've been using for over four years. Taking cue from the reviews on Makeup Alley, I hit a perfect match with Medium Plus for my NC25/NC30 skin. This mineral powder really did give a blurred/airbrushed effect to my face after using it to set my usual Pure Anada mineral foundation. I didn't expect it to do much in terms of covering my amazingly huge pores, but I was stunned when I saw the end result. I gave a lower rating for packaging just because I thought it would be nice to carry this around in my bag for touch ups on the go, but seeing how delicate MSFs are I'm not taking any chances and having it crumble in my bag...it's not like these things come cheap. Overall, I will definitely repurchase provided that it doesn't cause any breakouts. I've only been using this for a few days with no signs of irritations or whatsoever, so I will edit this review in the next coming weeks if it does.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by stinky303piggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im in love this. i asian and irish and have alot of reddness on my checks and i also have undereye circles. ive tried everything from drugstore to highend. concelers to full coverage foundation and nothing looks natural. in order to cover the flaws i have to cake it on (which is not a good look). not with this product i simply prep my face using lightful serum and apply. its so fast and easy and it looks so natural and flawless. i will always keep this is my makeup case. i would repurchase in a heart beat.