MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

4.2

on 3/19/2009 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love this. It is a very good powder that you can use alone or over foundation. Gives a nice smooth natural finish. It is buildable.

on 3/17/2009 7:30:00 PM

I've used many different brands of mineral makeup, from Bare Escentuals, Everyday Minerals, Alima Cosmetics, drugstore brands, etc. and I've found that this one is the most superior to all of them.

First off, let me say that I love the fact that this comes in a pressed form, the only other thing they could do to further improve the packaging would be to put a mirror on it as well. It comes in so handy since I travel quite a bit and I hate having to worry about loose powder spillage.

Second, this product is very finely milled so I can really chose what kind of coverage I want while still being able to have a very natural but airbrushed look. I've never had this product become cakey, even as a finishing powder over the MSF liquid, and for the drier months just an extra spray of Fix+ when I'm finished with application solves that. What I like to do is apply moisturizer, spray Fix+, brush on the MSFN using my EDM Flat Top brush, and then spray one to two sprays of Fix+ to finish.

I understand that $25.00 can be a lot for a powder, but this can be used not only as a foundation but also as a finishing powder, and it lasts a long time. I highly recommend it to everyone.

on 3/16/2009 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This a great powder, it has low coverage but it is buildable which is pretty good, I used to use medium dark in this but it i've since changed from my tone a little bit, I like this because its very natural.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I read and watched a lot of reviews for this product, so I decided to get it. Another plus is that I love mineral makeup but I hate the loose powder ones. So when I found that it was a packed mineral makeup, I was all over it. I was surprised I was a medium plus, but the makeup artist chose that color and its a perfect match. My skin feels great with this, and it doesn't break me out. The coverage is light, but when I use my everyday minerals flat top brush with it, the coverage is amazing. I have bad acne scars and with concealer and jsut the powder, I could the achieve the look I wanted. I highly recommend this product,and it looks amazing over liquid foundation. I can't wait to try the rest of the mineralize finish line from MAC

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this powder!
If you generally don't like to wear foundation, this is for you. It's great build-able coverage for those days when you need it. Looks like I am wearing nothing- just a smooth even face... amazing!
I use mac 150 brush... I'll try using the kabuki brush when I need more coverage.
I used to use the studio fix powder... but not anymore.
love love love

on 2/21/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I am C5 Face&Body, NC42 StudioFixPowder and I bought this after I had purchased the Medium Dark. The MAC MUA had used the Medium Dark to set my C5 Face&Body Foundation and it initially looked good and I bought it. Then I realized it turned orange on me only a few hours later. Not a bad orange, but definitely darker than my natural coloring. I went back and asked for a lighter shade, the MUA said - no way- but against her own advice tried the Medium Plus on me and it was not too light. It turned out to be the perfect shade for me- especially for winter. I have held on to the Medium Dark -for summer I will mix the 2 shades before applying or will eventually just use the Medium Dark when I am tanned. With or without foundation, this powder makes my combination skin look pretty good.

on 2/12/2009 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product.
I use this also for my foundation Or to fix my liquid foudation.
It totally worth the price.
Its just a little bit expensive 33$CDN
i do recommend this product! :)

on 2/12/2009 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I was really hesitant to try this powder at first since a lot of MAC's face products tend to break me out in the past. After watching a mua apply this on a customer, I was intrigued. So I started playing with the testers and swatching each one on my arm - boy does this pressed powder feel soft or what!
I ended up with the Medium Plus shade since it matched me perfectly (I'm between a 25/30 and normally wear NC30). I used this with caution and prepared myself in case it broke me out. So far it has been working well for me :) *crosses fingers* I like wearing it alone since it gives my skin a nice all over color and evens my skin out, but I personally love it on top of liquid foundations :)

UPDATE 7/10/09: This has not broken me out at all :D This powder goes beautifully with the MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation! It really sets the gel based formula with little to no touch up during the day for me. I've worn this in the hottest days alone and with liquid foundation underneath, and it didn't melt off. I also wear glasses (with contacts I wear sunglasses) and this didn't make a powder indentation on the sides of my nose like I do with other powders when I wear glasses - for glasses wearers you know what I'm talking about :) When worn alone it doesn't give a cakey look, it almost looks translucent with a hint of color to even my skin out. If you're looking to wear this alone, you might want to conceal any blemish/flaws beforehand. I use Revlon colorstay concealer and use this powder to set my whole face when I wear it without foundation. It looks great with that concealer as well alone :) One of my HGs now.

on 2/3/2009 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Price: not the cheapest pressed powder ever.

Quality: it is a lovely finishing powder and gives wonderful coverage with a kabuki brush if coverage is desired. Leaves that beautiful porcelain finish I do love. Looks flawless. Very finely milled. Does mattify a little though in the summer my oily skin breaks through anyway.

Packaging: I hate the dombed shape on top, but what can ya do?

Overall: A good product which I love and will buy again.

on 1/30/2009 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The texture feels a little coarse at first when swiped with a finger, but the product seems to glide on with a few light taps of a brush. The MA at the counter I bought this from suggested using a light dusting of the product rather than buffing it in. This has seemed to work IMO-- I have been using this for the last 4+ months and I have had no breakouts from using this. For the record, I have rather temperamental skin.

The skinfinish does seem to cake more when used as a setting powder over foundation, but this can be fixed with some fix+ spray stippled on with a skunk brush. Used by itself over primer or moisturizer, this powder provides a satin finish with sheer coverage.

Color choices are good, though I started with a medium plus in the summer/fall and had to go back for another compact in medium when my summer tan started to fade. But I should have expected this.

These are not very cheap, but for skins that need little coverage, the skinfinish is a good finishing option, since it seems to do what its name promises.

The compact is quite solid and I have not had trouble taking this to work with me. I took it on a rather long trip last year as well and did not have trouble with the product crumbling. But that was just my experience, and yours might differ.

A brush is a must for using this powder. That, and the powdery-ness over liquid or cream foundations is the only reason I am giving this four out of five lippies...

Recommended for Normal Skin