Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 11/29/2010 9:32:00 AM

I'd tried my mum's Colourstay foundation.
It's make my skin become flawless n smooth
Easy to apply wit my fingertips
But its only provide a few colour tone in M'sia,its make me mad cus i consider a whitee n couldnt hv a right colourtone wit Revlon.

on 11/29/2010 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wish this had a pump as can be messy to apply. Good foundation, would say medium coverage but long lasting

This was an okay foundation, I applied it with my fingers and the coverage was flawless. It made my face one-dimensional, though, so I had to add blush, bronzer, highlighter. My makeup routine took forever. I have light asian skin and 110 Ivory in the normal/dry formula was a perfect match.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I purchased this product for Normal/Dry skin in shade 180 Sand Beige. I don't agree with the swarms of people who swear that this foundation is too thick and smells bad..I'm coming off of using Covergirl Clean makeup which is probably the thickest, strongest smelling foundation I've ever used. I actually love the consistency and coverage of the Colorstay foundation. I apply it with a stippling brush and the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge and it gives me a very natural looking flawless finish (and I don't even have to set it). The only thing is that I'm not a fan of the matte finish for everyday, but I did find a great way around that. I mix the colorstay with a dab of their photoready..it still has the same great coverage, but it leaves my skin with a dewy-looking glow instead of matte.

I love it and I'll definitely repurchase it again.

on 11/28/2010 7:19:00 PM

i have bought about 4 bottles so far. i've finished 1 completely. 1 of the bottles broke so i had to throw that one out cos it got messy. 1 of the color shades / skin type wasn't right for me so i stopped using it after one try. 1 i stopped using because i have switched to Bare Minerals.

i believe the perfect match for me would be the combination skin in fresh beige.
it's not TOO cakey but it is a little bit. i say this now because i have switched to mineral makeup which feels lighter.
i set this foundation with powder to make it last longer and feel smoother.
it had amazing coverage and stayed on pretty much the whole school day. i found applying it with my fingers was a lot more effective than my essence of beauty foundation brush. i used the brush for the powder instead. since i used my fingers it was a tiny bit messy.
i didn't have to use a lot of it for coverage either. just a small amount would do. this would make it feel less cakey. i don't rmber how it felt during the summer time though. i don't think it bothered me too much.

now that i've switched to mineral makeup, i use an even smaller amount for just my blemishes then i use the minerals over it. i believe this way it would cover more.

on 11/28/2010 9:10:00 AM

To me, this product is not as thick as people saying.. I love the smell of it, the good colour range, the great dewy feeling in my skin, I love everything exept the price.. but I guess that's okay because the product itself is amazing! I got it in 150 for normal/dry skin.

on 11/28/2010 2:11:00 AM

Ah, the product everybody seems to love haha. I have this in the Oily/ Combination skin formula in 200 Nude. Its okay, nothing special and definentley not my favourite. I think I like it for night time when you can get away with heavier makeup. It gives a nice full coverage. But sometime it breaks me out a little. and let me just say this stuff STINKS...seriosuly its like wall paint or something. If you have a sensitive sense of smell this would probably be unbearable for you. It also feels kinda heavy on your skin.

on 11/28/2010 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The first time I dabbled with this foundation was probably in 8th grade, and I remember how my friend said my face looked like a porcelain doll. I don't know if I would consider that as a compliment now, but I felt pretty good about it at the time. This will give you a flawless finish, but the color selection leaves something to be desired. All these years and I still haven't found the perfect match. I must have purchased 5 or 6 bottles already, trying to mix and match. No matter what color match I come up with, it always looks rather off in the sunlight. The porcelain-like finish keeps me from wearing it in the daytime. Unless it's applied sheer with a wet sponge, it's far too heavy on my skin. I used to use this at night when I go out, because I tend to become rather red when I consume alcohol, and this definitely helps me maintain an even skin tone. Probably because it covers my natural skin tone. You know how some foundations still let your skin show through? This is not one of those. This will erase your natural skin tone and replace it with Revlon's own.
Unless I discover a concoction that will match my natural skin tone, the rating won't change. I will probably be inspired to try a couple more times though.

on 11/28/2010 12:31:00 AM

Great coverage, stays on for ages on my oily skin ( my other foundations used to melt off my face after a couple of hours),it doesnt make me break out and ive never had to touch up while wearing it.I was looking for something that would stay put and this was reccomended by a friend,and ive been using it ever since!. Since the coverage is really good i dont wear alot a little goes a long way for me. I paid $44 nz dollars for it, my previous budget for foundation is about $25-$30 so its a bit pricey, but i overlook this because of the coverage i get. The only bad thing i would say about it is i can feel when im wearing it, its not very heavy but it does sort of feel like a facemask to me.

on 11/27/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this foundation is great, i have oily skin (i don't have acne just blemishes) it covers my dark spots pretty well. i can even built it up and use it as concealer to cover my dark circles and blemishes.

the only reason i gave it a 4 is because of the packaging, no pump! i wasted like a huge amount of foundation because the product keeps on spilling out and every time i open it a lot of the foundation is already on the cap and i have to scoop it out in order to use it but i ended using up a lot!

this is not my HG foundation. i am currently looking for a better foundation but this is great. i would definitely repurchase it because its cheaper and it works well.