November 26, 2014 | 1599 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by CutieGoneCrazy21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love photoready so i thought why not try this? eww! its too cakey and heavy also breaks me out! i do however like the smell and the palest shade is my exact color. it just doesnt work for me.. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by kimmielbo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation has ended my search for my HG. I am extremely pale and use the lightest shade of this foundation. It does smell like paint but provides beautiful long-lasting coverage.Despite being acne-prone this has not broke me out and has in fact left my skin clearer as I don't need to use a setting powder as often.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by wallaceg6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Great product. good packaging,better if it hd a pump, but you get use to it! full coverage, lasts all day. looks natural. it is harder to blend than alot of other fondations that i have tried as it is thicker, but you quickly get use to it. good value for money last awhile.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by nikarina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had to pay $23 dollars for this (I live in Canada) and it made me look very cakey and unnatural. I tried the second time by putting on considerably lest and it was still very powdery/dry. NOT REC'd for dry skin please.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I bought it specifically for my graduation night, knowing that I needed something to stay on and give me great coverage. It stayed on great, even being outside all night (outside graduation anyone?). It gave me an amazing complexion and has insane staying power. I warm it up on the back of my hand with Sonia Kashuk foundation brush then apply to my face. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by glamophonic28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay, I found an amazing way of applying this so it looks super natural. This may sound a little weird though... Basically what you do if you get about a dime sized amount on your palm, rub your palms together to get it evenly distributed then just press your palms onto your face repeatedly until it's more or less blended into your skin. Then take a flat top brush (I find the Every Day Minerals flat top great for this) and stipple on top to make it really melt into your skin. I really really really recommend you try this, even if you're like "ew why would you do that..." 'cause it actually makes the foundation look so nice on the skin. And I find that it works so well 'cause of the thick-ish consistency of the foundation. And it covers amazingly, I don't need concealer at all with this foundation and method of applying. Just try it, it's not like you have anything to lose :P
Oh ps this is for the combination/oily formula.. I don't know how it would go with the other one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hate this item, horrible for your skin. It traps dirt on the complexion, and it made with titanim-dioxide which is paint, literally killing your face. It may look flawless but it gave me a mole that had to be opened up, thank goodness my dermo knew it was the foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by A7XSYNdrome

This foundation is great! Usually liquid foundation feels tacky after you apply it but this stuff has an almost powdery finish, which I love. I use the shade Nude and it matches my skin nearly perfect. I haven't found a better foundation since I discovered this one.
-It's about $10 which is a little much for a minimum wage ice cream shop girl, but it's worth it.
-It's definitely best applied with a brush. It does cake on the brush, so I recommend washing your foundation brush every other day.
-It dries relatively fast so it's best to do your face in sections.
-Looks flawless with a powder finish.
All and all, I love this foundation and I will absolutely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say I really like this foundation.
I'm really pale but with yellow undertones, and most drugstore foundations don't have a shade that fits me. Most "fair" colors are pink shaded. Thankfully, Revlon had a pale yellow toned color that fits my skin tone PERFECTLY. 150 buff. So that's a plus in my book.

It covers up pretty well, and I noticed my skin wasn't as dry after using it. I got it in normal/dry skin because i get very bad dry skin in the winter even though i have oily skin. And when I took it off these past days, my skin has been a lot softer and not as flaky. It also lasted a long time. I wore it for 13 hours today and it still looked pretty good. A few touch ups here and there and a little powder and I was perfect. But I only needed a little on my under eye circles and one pimple I had. A lot better than other foundations I've tried where it fades in like 4 hours.

The foundation isn't really that thick. Yes, it's thick if you apply a whole bunch. But if you use it sparingly (since it's pretty good coverage you don't need a lot) it's not heavy, at least not for me. I use my fingers when applying it, so maybe using a brush make it feel thicker since it's not warmed up.

I'd say this foundation is more of a medium coverage. Almost full, but not quite there. Never the less, it's still a great drugstore foundation.

That being said.. it's $13! That's quite a lot for drugstore, and for just 1 oz of product in my opinion. Yes, it's nowhere near $50 or $40 like some high end foundations, but it's still alot when you can get other drugstore foundation for less than $10. And in my area, revlon doesn't go on sale much, and if it does, it's only eye products.

But what I really DON'T like about this foundation is the bottle. Why oh why would revlon make a pour bottle? WHY? It's so easy to waste product that way, and it gets messy, and it's just ugg! At least make a squirt tube or pump, revlon. No one likes pour bottles, they're just annoying as heck!

But other than that, I really do love this foundation, and if it doesn't break me out, I'll buy it over and over again since it's pretty much the only foundation that has good coverage and matches my skin tone!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by AliceInSexyland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is horrible.
First of all and I am dead seroius.
When I first applied this, within an hour, I could see little bumps forming on my skin, I was breaking out! and I was so shocked b.c I never broke out that fast! O_O
So, and this was my first time applying it, so don't think I didn't remove this properly or anything.
So then I removed it with some oil and it came off...
but this breaks me out horribly.

Also, I put on a very thin layer, and it made me look so fake!
Like I had a thick mask on, like I was plastic..just so very unnatural.. I did not like that at all..
Horrible horrible product. Clogs up pores big time!
The colorstay active however is very good! Which I was surprised..

But this one...
I will not repurchase again, it's over $20 and not worth it!