July 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 12:15:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this product in sample form from the MAC counter. Since the discontinuation of my favorite drugstore foundation - Revlon Colorstay (original) I have been on the lookout for something different. I had seen numerous raves about this new product on the board so I decided to give it a try and boy am I glad I did. I am a PPP w/strong pink undertons, dark brown hair & hazel eyes. The SA gave me a sample of NW20 and it looks great. I found this foundation to apply smoothly and blends evenly. It makes my skin tone look fantasic. It was also long wearing and stayed matte throughout extended wear. I used my regular Coty Airspun powder over the top and only had to blot once during the day. (I have combo skin.) Overall, I am very pleased w/this foundation. I plan on test driving it a couple more times and then purchasing. At $24 I don't think it is a bad deal as I am very pleased w/the results on my face. I will update later.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 12:07:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

This foundation is amazing. I haven't worn liquid foundations in over a year because I hated how they felt on my oily skin. The texture of this is thick for a liquid but dries down to a matte finish. I apply it with a brush for medium coverage and dust MAC Blot powder over it and that combination leaves me shine-free for a few hours.
I wear C3 in Studio Fix Powder and NC30 in SFF; it's a perfect match.
I'd definitely buy this again. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by xnaomix

My skin tends to adapt itself negatively to foundation. The first month I use it, it's fine, and then it start to suck. So I wouldnt rebuy this item, but for right now it does an amazing job. We'll see...
I usually dont wear foundation, unless Im going out or something. Im a big fan or GET EVEN by Benefit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so surprised that a MAC foundation hasn't broken me out and manages not to oxidize on me (I've been using the loose blot to set it though). I have an oily t-zone, but with dry cheeks lately. I was using Chanel's DPF which has been my HG for the past couple years, but it's too expensive. I was looking for something that could keep me matte and this has been doing a pretty good job, although by mid-day I usually have to blot. The color the MA matched me with was NC30 which I find to be okay. It's a little on the peachy/yellow side and I was hoping for something a little more neutral toned, but it's fine. Overall, I'm happy with this foundation and the price is pretty reasonable too (about $24). It would be even better if it came with a pump though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2006 1:49:00 PM More reviews by pieulla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went to a MAC counter shortly after this came out to pick up a few things and asked about this foundation. I was matched to a shade and although I never spend a ton on foundation I bought a bottle....am I glad I did! This foundation is so much better than what I had been using. It matches perfectly and blends in like a charm! I am going to try a few other MAC foundations, but I like this one alot!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2006 2:20:00 PM More reviews by browneyedbeautyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I was hesitant to use this because 1) I heard that it is really heavy coverage and before this I was trying to get out of using foundation and replaced my usual with tinted moisturiser and 2) MAC foundations are the devil for breakouts.

Saying that, the coverage CAN be heavy but it's very natural looking & layers really well. You only have to use a small amount! The finish is matte but satiny if that makes sense - not as matte and powdery as a, duh, powder but not dewy as many other foundations are.

It stays all day and is good for oily skin. I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin because I imagine it would show up flaky/rough skin & even after I moisturised with cocoa butter it still didn't look as smooth on my skin as it did when I put it on first thing in the morning on an unwashed (apart from the night before), unmoisturised face. I did this to test it out and it looks ALOT better but I don't think I can go without washing my face in the morning :
This is turning into an essay now so to sum it up:
pros:
1) natural looking
2) lasts all day
3) only have to use a little product
4) blends well

cons:
1) needs a pump because it's very thick and is annoying to get out the jar!
2) wouldn't recommend for dry / extremely unsmooth skin

& about the break out thing.. I THINK it's started to break me out :\

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by rondaw

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had several samples of this and I found one that was a close match but not close enough. It was the most thick and dry foundation I have tried in years. Definitely not for me. I will stick with my Virtual skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

If I've learned one thing since joining MUA, it's to never go cheap on foundation! My drugstore foundation collection absolutely wasn't working out for me! I was going to head over to the Clinique counter, but it was bonus time. The only thing I needed was foundation, and I didn't want those pesky ladies in white coats pressuring me to buy more than I actually need! Then I remembered the new MAC store had just opened!!=0) I told the MA I was looking for a full coverage liquid foundation. So, she matched me up with this one in NC20. The color is a perfect match and the coverage is amazing! Blends well, no oompa loompa look a few hours later, and it lasts all day! And unlike the new ColorStay foundation, I can even wash it off easily at night with my regular face wash! Just a tip, though: I think this runs a bit lighter than some of the other MAC foundations! I'm an NC30 in the Studio Fix Powder foundation, but an NC20 in the Studio Fix fluid. So, you might want to have the MA's at the MAC counter find your match for you the first time you buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2006 9:53:00 AM More reviews by skunk416

I was in search of an HG foundation and the mac artist gave me a sample of this to try. I LOVE it. My skin is combination, with acne scars, and maybe 1-3 pimples a month. This covered up everything! Before this I was using a liquid foundation, then a concealer, then powder. With this, all I use is this and then mac blot. It doesn't cake at all and last throughout the day. I will be purchasing this as soon as my sample runs out!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by heileres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Made me very very dry and pasty. After about 3 days it broke me out something terrible. If you are still hell bent on trying this, be sure to ask for a sample first. *UPDATE* mineral makeup is the way to go, see my review of everyday minerals.